PDA

View Full Version : PC: New voices

The_Brimada
Nov 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
Well when I went to change my character's voice, all the new ones sounded exactly like the old ones. My PS2 friends say they can hear me speak actual words, but I've never heard it, and I'm on AOI as well. Anyone else on PC having this problem? Has gotten it fixed?

Zael
Nov 23, 2007, 03:45 PM
There's something wrong with the new voices. And only PS2 users can hear the voice adjustments made to existing ones. !11 makes my newman say "Can you handle this?" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The_Brimada
Nov 23, 2007, 03:47 PM
Awww that sucks, I want to hear them =(

White_Mage
Nov 23, 2007, 04:05 PM
thats not fair lmao.XD

Hucast-Kireek
Nov 23, 2007, 04:19 PM
what I dont get is why some voices are just repeats of others...like for example voice #7 is the same as voice #13.

I dont get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-11-23 13:19 ]</font>

Serephim
Nov 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
They screwed up.

I dont know if this is a problem in the japanese version, but if it isnt thats most likely why it hasnt been addressed.

Hopefully it can get cleared up.

Good news though? I just got my PS2 AotI from Gamestop.

Qreg
Nov 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
Sega's quality assurance people must get payed shite.

watashiwa
Nov 23, 2007, 04:29 PM
Haha, I sent a ticket about this to SEGA. =P

I hope more people do too, in their spare time... Maybe it would get fixed faster.

Vitamin_D
Nov 23, 2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah I asked a PC friend if he could hear the voices because his PM had said "Can you handle this!?" for her SUV. He had no idea what I was talking about, to test it further he went through all his voice clips (!10 etc) and the ones where he spoke he didn't hear, but I could. gg Sega.

The_Brimada
Nov 23, 2007, 04:50 PM
On 2007-11-23 13:29, watashiwa wrote:
Haha, I sent a ticket about this to SEGA. =P

I hope more people do too, in their spare time... Maybe it would get fixed faster.

Well at least I'm not going crazy. Honestly normally it'd be something PS2 can't do that PC can. Oh well, guess its our turn.

Krisan
Nov 23, 2007, 04:54 PM
Well I just hope we get it patched soon. Things like this tend to irritate the hell out of me for no good reason. >_>

White_Mage
Nov 23, 2007, 04:54 PM
the 360 ppl don't have the voices right? >.>

LeMan_Bayon
Nov 23, 2007, 05:04 PM
^No, but we can hear Laia speak when she dies, nanoblasts, etc. I want my voices too!

-Ryuki-
Nov 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
JP version wasn't screwed up. I can vouch for that.

Krisan
Nov 23, 2007, 05:05 PM
I dunno, they -should- have the new character remarks similar to that of the PS2 version, I'd think.. I wouldn't see a good reason why they wouldn't.

Edit:

On 2007-11-23 14:04, LeMan_Bayon wrote:
^No, but we can hear Laia speak when she dies, nanoblasts, etc. I want my voices too!

Err.. Really? That's.. odd.. Theres no reason I can see why you wouldn't have it. <_<

On 2007-11-23 14:05, RyukiZero wrote:
JP version wasn't screwed up. I can vouch for that.

That's.. amusing then. Since I noticed they did a bit of cleaning up on our translation with AoI's installment, so I can't see how they'd mess something this silly up..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-11-23 14:09 ]</font>

The_Brimada
Nov 23, 2007, 05:35 PM
On 2007-11-23 13:54, Krisan wrote:
Well I just hope we get it patched soon. Things like this tend to irritate the hell out of me for no good reason. >_>

That's the reason behind me posting this topic. I was like umm ok w/e when I heard my voices were the same(even the new ones) because I thought it was the same for everyone. When I found out ps2 could do it and we're going on about the phrases and such, it started to strike a nerve...

Tatha-kitten
Nov 23, 2007, 05:41 PM
how does one go about bug reporting to Sega anyways? because this is a dumb problem that SHOULD be easy to fix.

watashiwa
Nov 23, 2007, 06:02 PM
On 2007-11-23 14:41, Tatha-kitten wrote:
how does one go about bug reporting to Sega anyways? because this is a dumb problem that SHOULD be easy to fix.

I just used the "Contact Us" form on the main website for PSU:AOTI, leaving out the Abusive User information.

There should be another way to do it because, after it gives you your username and password to check on updates to your ticket, there's other categories and stuff for questions.. but I can't figure out how to post a new one... just see the current results of my current tickets.

Kairi_Li
Nov 23, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-11-23 15:02, watashiwa wrote:

On 2007-11-23 14:41, Tatha-kitten wrote:

I just used the "Contact Us" form on the main website for PSU:AOTI, leaving out the Abusive User information.

There should be another way to do it because, after it gives you your username and password to check on updates to your ticket, there's other categories and stuff for questions.. but I can't figure out how to post a new one... just see the current results of my current tickets.

I just used the abusive contact us form as well. That way it would have a better shot at getting their attention.

CelestialBlade
Nov 23, 2007, 06:51 PM
Good to see that people are getting Sega's attention about it. I was really exited about new voices and this disappointed me a bit.

But speaking of new voices....did anyone else just SQUEE with happiness at some of the CASTs in Metrolinear? "Forgive me, Howzer...."

Pentence
Nov 23, 2007, 06:55 PM
On 2007-11-23 15:51, Typheros wrote:
Good to see that people are getting Sega's attention about it. I was really exited about new voices and this disappointed me a bit.

But speaking of new voices....did anyone else just SQUEE with happiness at some of the CASTs in Metrolinear? "Forgive me, Howzer...."

Yeah i was like SWEEET when i heard soem of the new missions ingame voices.Makes it a bit more fun to hear their death thralls.

CelestialBlade
Nov 23, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-11-23 15:55, Pentence wrote:

On 2007-11-23 15:51, Typheros wrote:

Yeah i was like SWEEET when i heard soem of the new missions ingame voices.Makes it a bit more fun to hear their death thralls.

I heard Laia Nanoblast earlier today, she yells "I'LL DESTROY YOOOOUUU!!!". It was badass.

Tatha-kitten
Nov 23, 2007, 07:04 PM
sent this in to them, figured i'd let you guys alter and use so we can get noticed and get it fixed quicker.

Recently, it has become apparent that somewhere along the line something has gone wrong.

The problem we players are facing are that only SOME players are able to experience the new voices on Phantasy Star Universe: ambition of the illuminus.

The problem itself appears to be only with the US version of the PC and Xbox 360 clients, playstation 2 players are able to hear the new voices, whereas the 360 and Pc players have not such new content.

When a PC and playstation 2 player join in the same game, the playstation 2 player hears the Pc player speaking on certain voice clips. These same clips, when played on the PC players end, only appear as grunts and growls, as was the original Phantasy Star Universe.

For example, PC player would hear a gutteral roar for a nanoblast, whereas the playstation 2 player hears a phrase such as 'Can you handle this!?'.

This minor detail becomes annoying when the playstation 2 player points them out, and the Pc player is left confused and angry that he (or she) is missing this vital, but simple content.

I emplore you to rectify this issue post haste, as alot of us players find the new voices an exciting new addition to the experience.

Thank you in advance~

Sol_B4dguy
Nov 23, 2007, 08:02 PM
Seems polite and to the point. Hears hoping they agree with me and listen. >_>

Kairi_Li
Nov 23, 2007, 08:10 PM
Heh, mine is less polite. I told them outright that is appalling that they didnt deliver what they promised on the official site. NEW VOICES for PC and PS2. And then I told them to fix it immediatly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif A firm complaint with no sugarcoating, that's my motto. XD

Kylie
Nov 23, 2007, 08:15 PM
It's not a big deal because a lot of the new phrases are annoying, but I'm curious about what happened.

Reipard
Nov 23, 2007, 08:33 PM
I have sent in a support ticket through the user-interface nightmare that is their new knowledge base. I would like to see this fixed as well.

The_Brimada
Nov 23, 2007, 10:32 PM
Well I was just testing something out with my PS2 friend. Since I hear the same voices for two consecutive voices I decided to run in our game using one, then the switched and used the next. Well, he says he hears the exact same voice(the new one) for BOTH voices.
Well apparently sega fucked up twice. We hear the old voice for both voices on pc, they hear the new for both on PS2, unless I just happened to pick the absolute wrong voice to test it with. *shrug*

Zorafim
Nov 23, 2007, 11:05 PM
Well, that's disappointing. I'm sure it won't take too long to be fixed, but I was looking forward to hearing a voice on Levia.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 23, 2007, 11:14 PM
LOL, me and Ryoki have mock how bad the male quotes are! "Activating weapon systems" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Some of you's should be glad not to have those douchebag male voices. XP

Female ones aren't bad though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-11-23 20:17 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Nov 23, 2007, 11:20 PM
"Im-possible."

Ugh. That's just plain horrible. But Ryoki's done a ahilarious job ripping on them douchevoices. I have that same voice too, as I found out when I was on PS2. >_<

I didn't know you could change the voices though. Is that something at Lumiless I was too blind to see?

CherryLunar
Nov 23, 2007, 11:22 PM
Does anyone know if theres a video to these new voices? Laia's voice at least?

Rizen
Nov 23, 2007, 11:48 PM
Well for PC, Laia's voice can be heard in the cutscene at the beginning....

Other than that, no other voices at all on PC. Maybe if we all send SEGA a notice each day they will fix it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Stixx
Nov 24, 2007, 12:07 AM
I too hope they fix this soon. As far as I'm concerned, cheesy dialogs are better than grunts.

ShinMaruku
Nov 24, 2007, 12:11 AM
Laia was raving about destruction. Lou called her sub-weapon and Nariko likes to cut loose. And boy that damn Dragon didn' t know what hit him

AzureBlaze
Nov 24, 2007, 12:44 AM
I am thankful but it seems Jet's voice hasn't got any corney sayings on it. (or any phrases at all)

(Maybe I picked one of the 'duds' way back when?) I laughed so bad when I tested the new ones with phrases on them. Some are ok but others....

Maybe we should make a list of which voices say what?
I know there's a female cast one that says "Kneel before me!" on the SUV--I remember because I want the phrase for my cast...There's another cast one that seems to say "Back that ____ up!" with an incomprehensible word in the middle. Also "I can MAKE IT urgh" and "Guess I owe you one!"

And why doesn't anything actually sound "Robotic" like Kurtz?

Zorafim
Nov 24, 2007, 02:28 AM
I found a way to listen to the voices in Luminass. If you have less than 100k meseta on you, but more than the amount needed to change your voice, choose the face changing option. You'll get an error message. After you do this, go to the voice changing option, choose the voice you want, and press space. You'll hear the new voice.

Despite this, you'll only hear the PSUv1 voices. No new phrases or anything, just the same old.

Nai_Calus
Nov 24, 2007, 06:32 AM
...Yeah, uh, wow. There's no way that's intentional. 22 voices now, supposedly, for story mode male fleshsack character create, which are all the original 10 repeated a couple times each? 10, 11 and 17 are all the old male voice 5, rofl. (Incidentally, JP has 22 voices, and 10, 11 and 17, while all different voices, all have the same stupid little sayings, heh.)

Way to fucking go, SoA. Way to fucking go.

Yeah. That's just... Sad. Really fucking sad. Wow.

Zorafim
Nov 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
I'm sure somewhere along the line they'll fix it. This may mean buying a new game at worse, but considering this update effects only PC and 360, a quick torrent and Xbox live update will work well.

For those who can hear the voice, are there any shy Hinata-like voices? If not, are there any refined feminine ones?