PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: AoI PS2 performance answers

northleaf
Nov 22, 2007, 06:16 PM
Do the weapons load faster than they did on psu? I used to hate the lag when changing weapons.

I could go for the pc version but I can't run in full screen cuz my card won't run it well. Are there any other differences between the two versions??

Proff
Nov 22, 2007, 11:21 PM
They do load slightly faster. Most noticable on Rods, but it is still pretty slow.

Also on PS2, the Mizuras have been fixed. They do more than just sit like little turrets now. They actually fly around while shooting, getting up in your face and have that little run-you-over move. Line shield effects were NOT fixed on PS2 though. Blocking with Rabol Rappy or Loveheart Line still has the basic shield animation and not the feathers/heart.

Deja
Nov 22, 2007, 11:37 PM
I have noticed that the weapons load faster, but 4+ person games still slowdown to all hell, and weapon lag in those games are still the same. I guess this is the best they can do.

Zael
Nov 22, 2007, 11:46 PM
:/ I still have to wait awhile to be able to use my weapons in full parties. It's so annoying.

Pengfishh
Nov 23, 2007, 12:33 AM
As long as weapons don't deload...

northleaf
Nov 23, 2007, 07:38 AM
wow no animations for the line shields? dang..

Serephim
Nov 23, 2007, 10:38 AM
This is dissapointing..

Did they at least allow you to play the PC version without needing a 1028TB video card?

Pentence
Nov 23, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-11-23 04:38, northleaf wrote:
wow no animations for the line shields? dang..

Ya gotta bear in mind the amoutn fo extra framerate that takes up .htey have kept lil things like that out of ps2 ver to speed it up.Also i use rabol rappy alot so i would realy like to see its animation but alas im also on ps2 .

Serephim
Nov 23, 2007, 04:23 PM
----Attention everyone who wants to know about the PS2 quality----

Yeah, i just got my PS2 AotI copy from gamestop, and later on today ill report on the improvements to the game, if any.

I dont have access to network mode though, so ill do what i can.

RemiusTA
Nov 23, 2007, 06:45 PM
Okay, so ive finally gotten my PS2 AoI copy. Most of you people who are limited to only playing this game on PS2, im making this list of changes so you wont feel so in the dark.

Q: Did they fix the frigging framerate lag?
A: For the most part, Yes and No. I dont have access to the Network mode right now, so im running off of the Storymode, but the slowdown seems to have been repaired as much as it can, but during 5/6 member parties the game has still been reported to lag.

Q: Did they at least fix the weapon loading times?
A: From what ive played, YES they very much so did. Although it still may take a second for them to load at the start of the block, they Cycle EXTREMELY quick now, and you can almost attack instantly. Most ive gotten was 2 seconds, at MOST 3. I havent tested Rods yet, if they load any slower than the other weapons then ill let you know.

Few more changes:

- The font on the numbers and letters have been upgraded, and they do look alot better now. (i remember 360 players talking about that, i know what they mean now.)

-I think a few partical effects have been added.

-------Offline/ Storymode / Extramode changes -----

Changes :

-Rares drop like effing candies on halloween. On my first run (Fight for Food A) i got 4 Crea Doubles boards, a completed Neutral Masamunera sword, and a plethora of rare materials. In Plains Overloard B i picked up like 5 Vahara Nails AND boards, and still more rare materials.

-You dont have the acro classes or anything, but you DO get access to all the weapon types available, including Madoogs, Shadoogs, Axes, Cards, and Whips.

-Storymode has pretty goddamn awesome cutscenes.

-In storymode, your character (granted its a hunter) starts with a Sword, Saber, and Twin saber, complete with spinning strike, Tornado Break, and SPLENDOR CRUSH photon arts already learned. (What the hell, rite?)

-Cap is at 200, and you level tons quicker.

- The missions available to you are actually the Network Mode counterparts from PSU vanilla. They have rank C B and A, but no S.

-Your character gets new voice clips added to the orginal. They really arent that cheezy / Anime Esque as i thought they would be, so be REALLY happy. My old extra mode Beast screams "NOW YOUVE PUSHED ME TOO FAR!" when he nanoblasts, and it actually sounds damn cool. Be lucky i didnt add this under Negetive.

-The shops mirror the network mode counterparts from psu vanilla.

---Negetives :

-There is absent almost any voice acting outside the new cutscenes. The mouths move, but there is no sound coming out of them. Effing lame.

Thats about it. Feel free to ask me anything about the PS2 version performance, and ill try to answer it for you.

___Added changes/impressions section!______
-------------------------------------------

-I Along with Episode 2 missions, upon completing chapters you unlock new Free missions, and of the missions ive completed, some of them seem to be AotI exclusive. 2 of those ive unlocked have been in PSU vanilla stages, but one of them included a AotI stage. (the green place with the mushrooms and stuff.)

-There is only C,B, and A rank missions, but the A rank missions have the S-Rank mission enemies included in the stage. Also, different blocks have significantly different level enemies from what ive seen so far. Towards the end of Plains Overlord A, i started off doing really well and almost got killed like 8 times by the last block. Boss is still a pushover though XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-23 17:52 ]</font>

Kinako78
Nov 23, 2007, 06:54 PM
To add to the rares found offline, I found a Rappy Mode in the Hill of Spores mission. It's dropped by a Rappy, of course. XD

Callous
Nov 23, 2007, 08:27 PM
Keep the PS2 performance impressions coming! Especially online ones about weapon switching and lag in games with more than 4+ players.

Dhylec
Nov 23, 2007, 08:36 PM
Keep questions & answers coming, I'll have this include in the sticky.

RemiusTA
Nov 23, 2007, 08:40 PM
I also want someone to confirm this.

Im not at MY house, im at my aunt's house playing on her TV. Im not sure if this is true or if its just me, but it seems like the music has changed as well. I dont know if her TV has a different sound effect or something, but the music on AotI seems to be different than the music on Vanilla.

Im too lazy to pop in my PSU Vanilla disc to find out though. Im having too much fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Although im playing Extra Mode, its like an overwhelming amount of things to do.

Another fact to add to my list is the A-Rank versions of the missions have S-Rank enemy versions.

I brought my force into Plains Overloard A and was suprised to get gang-raped by those Steroid-fed superspeeded Go Vaharas.

And i also would like to personally point out that OMG madoogs are EFFING awesome. My force looks so awesome using them, i love the animations for them, and their fast and VERY convenient to be a Left-handed weapon.

Kylie
Nov 23, 2007, 10:20 PM
The lag actually seems worse to me on network mode, honestly. It takes longer to access my room now, I'm rendered useless by weapon lag in large parties often, and I get more lag spikes.

Qreg
Nov 23, 2007, 10:28 PM
That answered many questions for me. Thanks.

Golto
Nov 23, 2007, 11:35 PM
When you finish story mission #10 you unlock s rank for the free missions.

Weapon lag is still present online but improved a bit.
Still get lag in some Moatoob missions and Neudiaz city area http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and no its not my connection.

Noblewine
Nov 24, 2007, 12:25 AM
As long as the lag has been fixed I won't complain to much. Also if it doesn't happen to much even during mobs online. I'm glad you can get better drops now compared to the recent version. ><

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2007-11-23 21:26 ]</font>

mizukage
Nov 24, 2007, 12:31 AM
No S missions?? No S2 missions?? I am disappointed.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

In that case, how do you get the new S-rank weapons and armors???

RemiusTA
Nov 24, 2007, 08:40 AM
They drop from A rank missions.

The A rank missions have S - rank enemy counterparts, so they DO get difficult. But ive been getting Crea Doubles and A rank full weapon drops for a while, and i only have played one episode and 2 free missions.

And yes, ive noticed it takes longer to access your room or for some levels to load. Im 100% positive that is for a good cause, becuase ive noticed room decorations load alot quicker as well. All the levels taht take longer to load are most likely to bring more useful elements into memory to speed up the gameplay.

Callous
Nov 24, 2007, 09:59 AM
On 2007-11-23 19:20, Kylie wrote:
The lag actually seems worse to me on network mode, honestly. It takes longer to access my room now, I'm rendered useless by weapon lag in large parties often, and I get more lag spikes.

Thanks. That's exectly what I needed to know.

Christ, Sega.

SkywalkerPSO
Nov 24, 2007, 10:44 AM
To throw my thoughts in here, I find my PS2 AoI to be a MAJOR upgrade over the 1st PSU which was fine to me also! Maybe it's because I play it on my PS3 with a very good cable connection to the internet! I've read these PS2 to PC comparison's since day 1 and I personally find barely a difference at all except for graphics in the versions. We also have the PC version in our house too, which runs on a less than a year old pretty nice CPU so I can compare the 2 versions first hand myself! I prefer to play on the PS3 over the PC any day of the week! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
LAG? yes.... on both PS2 and PC version once I get that 6th person in a party. 5 and under is pretty good though! All the little special effects that I've seen on the PC version I also get on my PS2 version such as armor like the Rabol Rappy. So maybe it's just me or maybe it's just others but I'm feeling good about the totally UNDERRATED PS2/3 version of this game!
If your worried about how its gunna be..... DONT!It will impress you!~

Golto
Nov 24, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-11-23 21:31, mizukage wrote:
No S missions?? No S2 missions?? I am disappointed.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

In that case, how do you get the new S-rank weapons and armors???

I guess you didn't read my post above. You unlock S rank on the free missions after you beat story mission #10.

RemiusTA
Nov 24, 2007, 11:48 AM
i guess ill add that to my list.

Edit: Well someone merged the list and my post isnt the first in the topic anymore. Should i make another one?

Do you know what level enemies the S-rank missions have? I really hope they can go up to S2 for higher level extra mode characters.

Anyway, another impression from me?

Awoken Serpent, the new underground caves mission, is effing awesome. Its the first AotI mission ive played all the way through, and there is a clear difference in the map workings from PSU vanilla and AoI maps.

when i first saw it i thought it was just a remap of the old caves from PSU vanilla, but it actually looks TONS better and has much better visuals and level design. (I just like how the light filters through.)

I kicked De-Rol-Le's ass in a few seconds with my Two Headed Ragnus from the old PSU, but MAN that boss is awesome. In online mode im sure he has way more HP, so he should be EPIC to fight.

Golto
Nov 24, 2007, 03:19 PM
As stated in some other topics you can get some 13* weapon boards as rewards for getting a srank on a select few S ranked missions. Satellite of Darkness S is a really good place to earn Exp and money if you get a lot of the monsters to drop their srank drops. I can earn over 1 million a run easy selling all the crimsons and c-rs I get.

Colony- 4th floor- space dock
Seed Awakened S lvl 130+ monsters lvl 50+ requirement lol.

Parum- Wesr District- Linear Train platform
Electronic Brain S lvl 125+ monsters lvl 50+ requirement.

Parum- East District- Flyer Base
Scarred Planet S lvl 120+ monsters lvl 50+ requirement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-11-24 16:16 ]</font>