PDA

View Full Version : Slicer and Whip Skills oh my..why only one each...?

buzyb77
Nov 23, 2007, 11:32 PM
Anywhay..I know that there will be more eventually..

but

how long did the JP player have to wait? and...any video links of the yet?

oh and

why are they not listed on the where the rest of the Skill are ?

vfloresjr24
Nov 23, 2007, 11:37 PM
yea what he said...... >.>

pikachief
Nov 23, 2007, 11:42 PM
the JP got it 2 updates after release.

every update is every other week (2 weeks)

so 2 updates form release...

one month after release! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oooWaveooo
Nov 23, 2007, 11:44 PM
*sigh* if only acrotechers could take melee skills to 30 at least... as a fortetecher i just don't have the power to wield a whip effectively

buzyb77
Nov 23, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-11-23 20:44, oooWaveooo wrote:
*sigh* if only acrotechers could take melee skills to 30 at least... as a fortetecher i just don't have the power to wield a whip effectively

yeah...thatgets me as well.

On my Fortetecher I really like the Whip...but man oh man it feels so Gimped a 10..WTF..Can't I have 11 at least....(insert rant here).
Then there is the Acrotecker who is the only one with Srank whips but WTF only lvl 20...AHHH

If a man/woman is a master in the weapon the max rank sould be what it has...

I meacome on if you want to Lock away Skill lvls Via Job LVLs go ahead But Come on...

oooWaveooo
Nov 23, 2007, 11:56 PM
wait, skill caps at 10 for fortetecher?

who the hell can actually take it to 30 right now?

Pengfishh
Nov 24, 2007, 12:09 AM
Acrotechers would be the Mastergods of the game if they had any higher skill level. If you want better melee, consider melee classes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

imfanboy
Nov 24, 2007, 12:29 AM
On 2007-11-23 20:56, oooWaveooo wrote:
wait, skill caps at 10 for fortetecher?

who the hell can actually take it to 30 right now?

Wartecher. XD

oooWaveooo
Nov 24, 2007, 12:33 AM
I'm pretty sure Acrotechers are the mastergods of the game right now. they will be nerfed and you can quote me on that.
Whips especially. if you add up the damage of an 8* whip on a female newman acrotecher(assume no elemental advantage/ enemies neutral to physical) you hit for 800-100 per swing, compared to male beast fortefighters with an axe hitting roughly 1800 per hit(im not too sure on this, just going by what i've seen) Axes are still quite a bit more powerful, but acrotechers are going to hit faster and stun enemies all the time.

not to mention madoogs enable you to keep your techs as highly effective coverfire/ utility spells. hell comparing class lvl 10 stats, they only dock acrotechers 200 TP off fortetecher

Deja
Nov 24, 2007, 01:24 AM
Yeah I have a feeling Acrotechers will be nerfed, but before then I'm going to be having a lot of fun.

And the skill stopping at level 20 doesn't bother me, since all you need to complete any whip PA is level 11. It gains crappy stats anyways, the whip is all about hitting 1204312302 enemies at once, and looking good doing it.

Plus I hope they don't nerf madoog cast time. I love it oh so dearly.

Mystil
Nov 24, 2007, 01:42 AM

Whips are not designed for damage. Slicers are - which ATs can't use. ATs get 40/30/20 for a reason. Whips are for SE, and they seem to inflict them fairly often.

As for nerfing AT, I don't think it will happen. And a lot of people are happy being ATs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-11-23 22:43 ]</font>

Helly
Nov 24, 2007, 01:59 AM
How would they go about nerfing a class? I doubt anyone playing an AT would be happy to after an update see their stats lowered. Do they just make other classes better?

DraginHikari
Nov 24, 2007, 02:13 AM
As far as using Whips, I've seen some Wartechers take advantage of them even though S-rank of them will never happen.

Phetty
Nov 24, 2007, 02:19 AM
On 2007-11-23 22:59, Helly wrote:
How would they go about nerfing a class? I doubt anyone playing an AT would be happy to after an update see their stats lowered. Do they just make other classes better?

Yes, thats how it's done. Back when PSU first came out they nerfed hunters by lowering our HP Atp(possibly Ata), and boosting Rangers by giving them more ATP and HP.

DanMalak
Nov 24, 2007, 02:27 AM
Well, whips and slicers only get a 2 combo pa(like all 1 handed meele weps), so getting 21+ would just have the added %'s in att and acc to it, not an extra combo...So it could be worse.

oooWaveooo
Nov 24, 2007, 02:33 AM
^ i did not know that lol

It just goes back to my thought that acrotechers are godly. with the huge boosts in ATP, HP, and DFP over fortetecher. they basically eliminated any major weaknesses the class may have had.

Also i love taking out twin daggers on stuff like bil de vears and going to town. i feel like i'm dealing plenty of damage even as a lowly newman female

Iduno
Nov 24, 2007, 03:38 AM
On 2007-11-23 22:42, Mystil wrote:

Whips are not designed for damage. Slicers are - which ATs can't use. ATs get 40/30/20 for a reason. Whips are for SE, and they seem to inflict them fairly often.

As for nerfing AT, I don't think it will happen. And a lot of people are happy being ATs.

"whips are for SE" just like to point out that mine never does, its a dark vish tien and im a wartecher, is it only acrotechers that can use them for SE or something?

Reipard
Nov 24, 2007, 03:48 AM

It is not above a company to nerf a class directly by lowering its stats. It has been done countless times on countless games.

Remedy
Nov 24, 2007, 04:14 AM
On 2007-11-23 21:33, oooWaveooo wrote:
Whips especially. if you add up the damage of an 8* whip on a female newman acrotecher you hit for 800-100 per swingUh...

...I was hitting for like... 180 with a 7* whip at 106/3 AT. Unless they get some ridiculously explosive ATP growth...

oooWaveooo
Nov 24, 2007, 04:50 AM
180x 4 targets remedy.

you get some pretty decent ATP boosts by lvl 10 acrotecher. if I play elements correctly with the NPC shop whips + solid power i usually hit for 280 each. i was sorta taking into consideration that not everyone has a solid power

Remedy
Nov 24, 2007, 04:55 AM
You made it seem like you were hitting several targets for 800 each. My mistake.

I still don't like whips. They're so clumsy, AT feels like a watered down, sped up FT.

oooWaveooo
Nov 24, 2007, 05:17 AM
yeah i definitely disagree with that, i find that once i'm in the thick of enemies, i'm usually in control of the mob. whips are great for stunning enemies, and having a ra or gi tech on my madoog keeps everything from hitting me

Bitey
Nov 24, 2007, 06:23 AM
Uh...

...I was hitting for like... 180 with a 7* whip at 106/3 AT. Unless they get some ridiculously explosive ATP growth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3PvDbJ1q-8 <- Melee Acrotecher whip action

She hits for 1000+ damage on several occasions o.O

Anyway, I do not see Acrotechers getting nerfed. Fortetechers can out DPS them with Techniques, Wartechers can out DPS them with Whips. All they really have left after that is their buffs and heals and those are not even very different from the ability of a Fortetecher or Guntecher. Seriously, my Yak Inga bullets, which normally hits for around 440 when I am buffed with my own Shifta lvl 21+, only hit for around 460 when buffed with an Acrotecher's Shifta lvl 31+.

Reipard
Nov 24, 2007, 06:41 AM
That'll drive the point home.

Nai_Calus
Nov 24, 2007, 06:49 AM
Because we all have, what was it, 42% Dark, S-rank whips, rofl.

Chaosgyro
Nov 24, 2007, 08:45 AM
I have to second remedy's notion that the whips feel clumsy. I'm just going to stick with daggers and whatnot.

MrBeans
Nov 24, 2007, 12:26 PM
Whips were ok for me, but I tired quickly from it and switched back to a fighter class for my twin daggers cuz it's just awesome to use hishou and knock a whole spawnsworth of monsters up into the air while still dealing good damage. I did like the SE, though, but with most monsters you can just use the right weapon now and tear them in two without it.

Kinako78
Nov 24, 2007, 12:53 PM
Whips are clumsy? No, they're actually not. It takes getting used to them, but you shouldn't call them clumsy cause of that.

And Remedy, what's "watered down" about Acrotecher?

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
I like using Earth whips on Vandas in that De Rol Le mission. Yeah, its the same element, but Vandas are harmless once they're silenced.

Kylie
Nov 24, 2007, 02:34 PM
I'm glad it's a month away because it gives me time to save up fragments after spending so many on the second wave of ultimate arts, and after Firebreak not sparing any for anyone...

buzyb77
Nov 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-11-24 09:53, Kinako78 wrote:
Whips are clumsy? No, they're actually not. It takes getting used to them, but you shouldn't call them clumsy cause of that.

No Rods...

Sylpheed
Nov 24, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-11-24 12:28, buzyb77 wrote:

On 2007-11-24 09:53, Kinako78 wrote:

No Rods...

Dude, rods fucking blow. A Madoog and a Wand beat a crappy rod anyday even with a Har / Quick they still suck any job in the game can pretty much outdamage FT now.

buzyb77
Nov 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
I Love my Rods....

-Asheth-
Nov 24, 2007, 03:54 PM
Why is everyone thinking that Whips are Uber? They are not I am lvl 102 AT(10) with Grudda to lvl 20 opposing elemental damage with a 7* Vishi I hit for around 450-500 Damage with JA. Yes you can hit multiple enemies but you still dont out damage a FF using a Axe with JA opposing elementals on an enemy with multiple hit boxes.

Not when they are pumping out 2240 a hit from a beast FF 100+ LVL 100 thats like 6000 damage. Yes AT have the speed boost but its negated when using a whip for the fact that the PA for the whip and normal attacks for the whip are slower compared to when using other weapons.

They will not get nerfed everyone just sees alot of numbers onscreen from a whip and think they are broken when they are not.

Plus melee>techs right now easily. So techs attack techs are more second option unless your a FT.

Damage is respectable but not great compared to FF, FI, or even a WT there is just not many WT these days(I think they will return when the Claw and Fist update comes)

If everything onscreen dies before you can cast all 4 buffs and your the only AT in a party then its just because the game is on easy mode right now and right now melee=broken

Dragwind
Nov 24, 2007, 04:05 PM
I've capped the current whip skill to 30 as WT and have also got AT to 10 thus far...

Both classes can use the whip fairly well for SE and damage depending the ele% and SE type.

Trust me, I can usually put out more damage with my whip as a WT than with Tornado Break using a decent 9* sword since it hits so many targets within good range.

Konstanse_Xx
Nov 24, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-11-24 13:05, Dragwind wrote:
I've capped the current whip skill to 30 as WT and have also got AT to 10 thus far...

Both classes can use the whip fairly well for SE and damage depending the ele% and SE type.

Trust me, I can usually put out more damage with my whip as a WT than with Tornado Break using a decent 9* sword since it hits so many targets within good range.

Exactly. Whips are not great at all against a single enemy or two, but if you put in a lot of them that's when they shine.

They totally decimate Drue Goras, srsly. ;3

Midknight
Nov 24, 2007, 04:35 PM
They are really giving us quite a variety! ><

Remedy
Nov 24, 2007, 04:45 PM
Well if I wanted something that hit several targets, I'd just use a corresponding Gi- technic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Faster than Whips, especially as a Har/Quick-using Acrotecher. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pikachief
Nov 24, 2007, 04:48 PM
my whip is fast and can STUN multiple enemies ^.^

i like it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xaeris
Nov 24, 2007, 05:32 PM
People doubt the power of the whip? Christ, the thing tears open anything that has multiple targets. The second step of a JA'ed Vishi Grudda can hit for 1k on a single hit, hits 4-6 targets (haven't looked real close yet) and does it 4(?) times within a couple seconds. The Drua Gohras in AS have no idea what the hell hit them when I make with the whip spam.

Ryuen
Nov 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
I'm thourghly enjoying slicers. I swear that they're broken if a bit unwieldy at times when dealing with 2+ enemies at opposite ends of you. I managed to master JAing a full regular combo + JAed PA and I'm amazed at the potential damage it can do to a perfectly lined up enemy group!

LTrav2k
Nov 24, 2007, 11:21 PM
On 2007-11-24 00:38, Iduno wrote:

On 2007-11-23 22:42, Mystil wrote:

"whips are for SE" just like to point out that mine never does, its a dark vish tien and im a wartecher, is it only acrotechers that can use them for SE or something?

I think the dark whip is like nosumegid in the respect that the effect is lower HP = more damage. I heard that from someone before, and that would explain the lack of a visible status effect.

oooWaveooo
Nov 25, 2007, 12:16 AM
gi- techs don't hit multiple spots on one enemy. heck i'm quickly moving away from gi- techs simply because they take too long and leave me vulnerable. Whips on the other hand always hit multiple targets, and i can still back myself up with strong ra- techs.

Opinion: Ra- > gi-