PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Offline story mode

Skye-Fox713
Nov 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
Ok so I decided to play the offline story mode today and i notice that there isn't a lot of the new stuff. Such as most of the clothing, weapons and such that we can buy from shops. So i was wondering how the new stuff is unlocked, per say chapter by chapter, or for beating the whole story mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2007-11-24 14:05 ]</font>

Reipard
Nov 24, 2007, 05:06 PM
You unlock new and old things by beating story mode chapters, but the new things are very much in a minority. You get access to almost all of what they make available offline at the endgame.

Skye-Fox713
Nov 24, 2007, 05:44 PM
Ok, cool and this is for any dificulty right?

Reipard
Nov 24, 2007, 06:03 PM
Provided you meet the proper level requirement to access that difficulty, I believe so.

Krisan
Nov 24, 2007, 06:35 PM
I apparently had all the clothing unlocked as soon as I started up AoI for the first time.. I think most (maybe all?) of the shop stuff was present already too.. Perhaps it read my clear data from PSU, and applied all the bonus stuff in advance for me? Eh.. Whatever the reason, you definitely don't have to beat offline mode to unlock everything.. only thing beating it did for me was unlock a lot of partner cards and free missions.

Reipard
Nov 25, 2007, 10:07 AM
I apparently had all the clothing unlocked as soon as I started up AoI for the first time.. I think most (maybe all?) of the shop stuff was present already too.. Perhaps it read my clear data from PSU, and applied all the bonus stuff in advance for me? Eh.. Whatever the reason, you definitely don't have to beat offline mode to unlock everything.. only thing beating it did for me was unlock a lot of partner cards and free missions.

If you unlocked something by beating the offline mode, chances are you have to beat it to unlock everything O_o.

Krisan
Nov 25, 2007, 10:09 AM
Well I didn't. I just started offline mode in AoI and had everything in the shops. Was a new character, and everything was there. =P

Reipard
Nov 25, 2007, 12:19 PM
You had to beat the game first http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I know for a fact that you must do so to at least get the PSO outfits.

Midknight
Nov 25, 2007, 12:22 PM
So if you beat the game in offline, you get more stuff in online?

Reipard
Nov 25, 2007, 08:43 PM
Nope. Everything you 'unlock' by playing offline stays offline only.

Grimmjow1982
Nov 25, 2007, 08:56 PM
What were the extra stuff that you unlocked already?

Krisan
Nov 25, 2007, 09:00 PM
On 2007-11-25 09:19, Reipard wrote:
You had to beat the game first http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I know for a fact that you must do so to at least get the PSO outfits.

Well I know I didn't have to do that at least. I started up my first character offline and all the outfits (PSO and all) were in the shops before I ran a single story mission. I'd upload the save to prove it, but I've since actually finished story mode, so it would be moot.

I know for most people they have to finish story mode first to unlock it all, but I did not. Something must have factored into it somehow where I didn't need to unlock anything.. I initially suspected it might have been my clear save from PSUv1, but I've heard reports that this made no difference.. so I don't know why, but I had everything available from the start.

Edit:
In fact.. I think I just replicated the process.. Go to Data Transfer, but do not transfer any PSU characters over.. just hit back. Then go and make a new char in AoI.. you'll start with everything unlocked.

http://www.aphasia-guild.net//other/Krisan/Misc./AoI-Savegame.rar

There's a save to prove it.. I'm guessing by loading PSU's clear data into memory, you automatically flag yourself for having everything unlocked. However, actually importing extra mode characters from PSU does not seem to offer you the same effect. *shrugs*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-11-25 18:17 ]</font>