PDA

View Full Version : Shadogg for gunner?????

Alamar
Nov 24, 2007, 05:57 PM
Ok my Fortegunner can use A Shadogg(I think that is the one) it is A left handed weapon. All guns are left handed weapons. So what the purpose of being able to use it then? Am I missing something? IS there a right handed gun. And what is the reason for having an Pistol,Saber,Madogg,Shadogg etc. be set to a certain hand? Am I having to run around weaponless in a run with this thing equipped? If there is a weapon I can use plus use the Shadogg please let me know. I am as I said a Fortegunner

Kimil
Nov 24, 2007, 06:07 PM
nope, unless you can use the slicer?

Krisan
Nov 24, 2007, 06:08 PM
Madoog's are incredibly useful because they're the only left handed casting weapons in the game.. not to mention they have very short casting times and can be combined with a wand in your right hand.. The Shadoog's though, are mainly useful for melee purposes only though.. so yea, as a Fortegunner this will not be terribly useful to you.

However, you could always have a Shadoog in your left, and a Saber or Dagger in your right.. While not exactly ideal weaponry for a Ranger, the Shadoog's do fairly reliably apply SE's to enemies, and add a decent bit of damage on top of whatever you're using to melee things with..

Alamar
Nov 24, 2007, 06:08 PM
ok so a slicer is the only weapon they can be used with. ok thanks for that. But it still don't make sense to me.

Krisan
Nov 24, 2007, 06:14 PM
A Slicer isn't the only weapon they can be used with, the two just happen to make a nice combination together. Fortegunner's can't use Slicer's though, so it is a moot point in this instance anyway.. There's nothing to be confused about though, a lot of classes have weaponry that isn't entirely practical for them to use.. Look at Fortetecher, they get an A in Twin Daggers and Spears, who'd bother?

Still though, it is there if you ever feel like experimenting.

Alamar
Nov 24, 2007, 06:16 PM
weapons being in a certain hand "only" I for one would like to be able to switch hands And put weapons which suits me in its spot. they are nice and really wanted to use one. but this hand limit... well limits me to its use. So IMHO it is a waste to say we (gunners) can use them if we can only use it with one weapon. And all my other weapons can't. So I am thinking it might be for future release weapons and not for PSU ones? Because to limit it to one weapon makes it useless to my class.

Krisan
Nov 24, 2007, 06:21 PM
It is useless to your class maybe, but it is very useful to.. say, Fighgunners. It is a game mechanic, this is how they balance one-handed weaponry, by forcing limitations on what items you can combine together.. Besides, like I said, other classes like Fortetecher have very worthless A-Rank weaponry that is useless to them.. doesn't mean those weapons aren't very useful to other classes. They're just there on your class for the hells of it, really.

HUnewearl_Meira
Nov 24, 2007, 06:23 PM
I have to agree, here. There's really no point in having a Fortegunner using a Shadoog. If you're a Fortegunner wanting to use a Shadoog, you might as well just switch to Fighgunner. The big trouble is that any weapon you'd really need a Fortegunner to use, is a 2-handed weapon. Rifles, Laser Cannons, Grenade Launchers-- these all leave no room for a Shadoog. They really should have given them to Fortefighters, who would find them rather useful.

Krisan
Nov 24, 2007, 06:28 PM
I like the Shadoog's how they are now, honestly. My main switches between Fortegunner and Fighgunner regularly, so it really makes no difference to me I guess.. But yea, if you're that intent on using the darn thing, just switch classes.. either that, or buckle down and bear using a saber or dagger as a Fortegunner.. them's your choices.

Useless or not to your class (be it whatever weapon or whatever class) though, every other class has something pretty pointless in their weapon selection as well.. so it isn't like you're the only ones.

Edit:
That said though, I do think a right handed ranged weapon would be nice.. I do not think the Shadoog should have been that weapon, but a right handed ranged weapon in the future would be great to see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-11-24 15:30 ]</font>

Alamar
Nov 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
Hunewearal_Meira said:
They really should have given them to Fortefighters, who would find them rather useful.

Agree with this.

Soukosa
Nov 24, 2007, 11:26 PM
There are things that an FG will melee as its better damage that way. There are two enemies in the game that seem to be immune to DoTs and are ranged resistant. A shadoog could be used to land some extra damage while spamming skills on a saber or dagger.