PDA

View Full Version : AOTI Serial Key

PlatinumBub
Nov 24, 2007, 09:44 PM
Hey if you may remember with the PSU PC install discs, they had no serial key to them. Because of this, you could install PSU on multiple computers. What I was wondering is if the expansion discs are the same way and have NO serial key. Thanks.

Chao_Sorceror
Nov 24, 2007, 09:49 PM
They dont.

ilovetypemoon
Nov 24, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-11-24 18:44, PlatinumBub wrote:
Hey if you may remember with the PSU PC install discs, they had no serial key to them. Because of this, you could install PSU on multiple computers. What I was wondering is if the expansion discs are the same way and have NO serial key. Thanks.

Although one can question the motive of your post.

matchboxmatt
Nov 24, 2007, 10:29 PM
There's absolutely no obstacle when it comes to piracy with AotI-PC, like the original.

It kind of ticks me off, because how you get the game is up to the morality of the players. It's kind of a disservice to those who actually bought it.

Jaden_Korr
Nov 24, 2007, 10:39 PM
It's also a potential blessing to those EU players who haven't been able to import. I know for the v1 release I downloaded teh game then bought it when it was available

Gamemako
Nov 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
On 2007-11-24 18:53, ilovetypemoon wrote:

Although one can question the motive of your post.

No CD key means cheating becomes that much easier and less punishable.

Cry0
Nov 26, 2007, 12:00 PM
It also means that sega can't rip us off more for a game that should have been from the start. Not to mention the monthly fees, too. But, yeah, I guess that's down to personal morality.

Sinue_v2
Nov 26, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-11-24 19:39, Jaden_Korr wrote:
It's also a potential blessing to those EU players who haven't been able to import. I know for the v1 release I downloaded teh game then bought it when it was available

It's also a blessing to those who can't find a copy locally. There's not a single GameStop, EB, or Wal-Mart in my area which carries the game to a perceived lack of interest. I could special order it, if I wanted to wait 3 weeks and travel to a distribution center - or order it online if I wanted to wait 3 weeks and/or pay out the nose for shipping. Not to mention that I'm either working/sleeping/or otherwise indisposed during the day - which makes delivery a pain in the ass, often forcing me to drive to the nearest FedEx/UPS warehouse (which is usually in South Bend) to pick it up. I went through this hassle buying the NGC ASCII Keyboard, SA PSG:I & II, ect. I think Sega really should have offered a direct download option for PSU online like they did with Blue Burst - but with a payment option. Or even if they used a 3rd party download distribution like Direct2Drive which is advertised here.

I used "Other" means to obtain my copy, and I will buy a retail version when I can find it. But I'm done with long-distance calls to check availability and/or being forced to drive 100 miles or more (according to Wal-Mart.com) to pick it up. (My local Walmarts won't ship it to the store). Considering that I bought three versions of the original PSU and payed for over 5 months of unused PSU online on Xbox (because the service reps apparently couldn't figure out how to cancel my account) - I don't feel particularly bad about doing so.