PDA

View Full Version : widespread glitch or isolated case?

SnowfoxZero
Nov 25, 2007, 03:33 AM
just downloaded the expansion and whenever i click "recently visted rooms" from my vision phone my xbox completely freezes, guide button doesnt even come up, anyone else get this problem?

Shishi-O
Nov 25, 2007, 03:40 AM
don't do it.

is best advice i can give.

it is widespread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

A2K
Nov 25, 2007, 03:45 AM
It's pretty widespread. This glitch was actually fixed in PSU 1.0 months ago, but now it's back.

SnowfoxZero
Nov 25, 2007, 03:46 AM
i don't see why sega keeps releasing unfinished games? =,( "we'l fix the bugs and give you content the game SHOULDA came with when we feel like it. we already have your money. kthxbye"

RedMussel
Nov 25, 2007, 03:46 AM
Its a bug and Sega is a where of it so just dont push it till it has been fixed.

A2K
Nov 25, 2007, 03:58 AM
On 2007-11-25 00:46, SnowfoxZero wrote:
i don't see why sega keeps releasing unfinished games? =,( "we'l fix the bugs and give you content the game SHOULDA came with when we feel like it. we already have your money. kthxbye"

For some types of software, there's no such thing as "finished." Even release software has bugs, this game being no exception. As another example, my version of Firefox is 2.0.0.9 and not 2.0.0.0. Unexpected things are bound to pop up, especially for something dynamic like an online game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SnowfoxZero
Nov 25, 2007, 04:12 AM
On 2007-11-25 00:58, A2K wrote:

On 2007-11-25 00:46, SnowfoxZero wrote:

For some types of software, there's no such thing as "finished." Even release software has bugs, this game being no exception. As another example, my version of Firefox is 2.0.0.9 and not 2.0.0.0. Unexpected things are bound to pop up, especially for something dynamic like an online game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

software yes, games NO.

just a few obvious things to point out. offline in the original you can go to the AMF. online you can not. thats what you have to buy the $20 expansion for when it should already be included. you would expect for that extra money on top of the $60 you would finally have a AT LEAST a complete game, if not more. i mean thats what the initial $60 is for right? instead with $80 plus 10 a month you have a half completed game a year later. so $200 and a year later into this game you have something that should not even be released. oh and then the $50 for xbox live.

Thats the price of about 4 games, yet again we only have half a game. now another way to look at it is in roughly 6 months time you spend the ammount it would cost to buy a brand new game. now think of 6 months of updates and content, does that even come close to the ammount of another game?

now continuing on with my points...

in version 1 you can get to areas but then it dead ends, no other missions because empty counter or blockade. things that should be there.

its way too late and im way too tired to think of all the other dumb things but i do have a point to where i'm going with this.

the game is called ambition of the illuminus. yet there are no new available story missions yet.

in the beta there was an are athat resembled forest from pso, in the official there is not.

yes, things will be added later, but then why the hell release it now and charge $20 if theyre going to make us wait? as it sits now, i see nothing special and nothing that shouldnt have just been a regular free weekly update.

as stated in many other threads there are still glitches that havnt been fixed. youd expect them to get on that quickly for an additional $20 and the monthly fee.

now why does psu have to load first then you can load AOTI? i man you can't go online through it so whats the purpose? you might say offline and extra mode? ok well they could have programmed that into the AOTI intro screen but didnt.

basing the following statement on facts. i'm not one to say if its true or not but it sure looks like it.

Sega does not care about you, only your money. so long as they already have it, they are too lazy to go out of their way when the end result is the same for them.

maybe im right, maybe im wrong. everyone can decide for themselves. i find the game fun, its just disapointing when they pull this shit all the time. paying a monthy fee on top of xbox live is pretty rediculous when you get this level of service. but yet i'll pay it, just cant tell you why, because i really dont know anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SnowfoxZero on 2007-11-25 01:21 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Nov 25, 2007, 04:23 AM
Don't complain about things you can control. That is to say, if it bothers you so much to go off on this little tirade of yours, simply pass it off as a bad experience and play something else.

Besides, you complain about what you don't have, but not about what you do. If you like it, shut the fuck up and play, yeah? If not, fucking don't. This isn't some major life decision -- isn't some shit that will super fuck you up five years down the road or cause you to lose your wife or kill your dog. It's a video game.

A2K
Nov 25, 2007, 05:34 AM
On 2007-11-25 01:12, SnowfoxZero wrote:

Games are software. Whether it's a word processor or a game, it goes through more or less the same cycles of designing, building, testing, and release.

Bugs and glitches slip through for a variety of reasons. They might be able to quite easily fix something, but, as it so happens, that "fix" might end up breaking a million other things: the kind of stuff testing needs to catch. It takes time: this is common to all forms of software development.

As for all that other usual... stuff: other, PC only games do exactly the same thing, difference being that there, you download large patches instead. Developing primarily for a platform that has no current, official hard disk drive support (PlayStation 2) necessitates putting pre-existing game assets onto the discs before they ship. As newer consoles with HDD support such as the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 gain ground, future online Phantasy Star will probably see a shift in this regard closer to more established PC games.

The original game might have been pushed out before it was truly ready--I don't work at Sonic Team so I don't know. Sega is no different from any other company that wants--or rather, needs--to make a return on the time and money put into developing the game.

Why do you keep playing? Because, despite all your complaints, you probably love the game quite a bit. In my experience, the people who complain quite a bit usually do.

Broodstar1337
Nov 25, 2007, 11:57 AM
Why speak out that a game is bad if you don't give two shits about it? You go to Bungie.net's Halo 3 forum and I guarantee you'll see plenty of anti-Halo 3 threads on the first page alone. Regardless of how few people play this game, PSU is still a big deal; it's still Phantasy Star. People don't like to see something they would've liked to be flawless have so many damn problems with it. When was the last time you saw anyone rant about how bad Extreme Paintball is?