PDA

View Full Version : questionj about story mode

mattdude
Nov 25, 2007, 10:37 AM
I was on network mode yesterday and people were telling me that you can play story mode online. I was kinda confused because I thought story mode was only for offline.. If any body know how to play AOI online ( such as story mode with Ethan and etc.) that would be helpful thank you.

Midknight
Nov 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
I never knew you could. Shouldn't you have to pay to play online?

mattdude
Nov 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
well yes I am paying to get online but I heard there was a story mode though....hmmmm like its the same thing as offline story mode.

Midknight
Nov 25, 2007, 10:41 AM
So it would be like in pso where you could pay to bring your offline character online. I guess. ><

mattdude
Nov 25, 2007, 10:43 AM
yeah but its online...that is what some one told me...if u look behind ur PSU AOI case it says playable off line and online on episode 2 and 3....but I do not know if that is what they are talking about...though...I just wanted to know if online had a story mode from AOI.

Krisan
Nov 25, 2007, 10:43 AM
AoI's offline story mode is Episode 2.. which is the same thing as the online story missions we had released this past year in Vanilla PSU. The offline version in AoI is slightly reworked though, throwing in a few new cutscenes and such.. So yea, you can play it online or offline. (Personally, I'd suggest playing it offline for story purposes, but feel free to do what you want.)

mattdude
Nov 25, 2007, 10:44 AM
oh okay.. I was playing story mode but I did not know where to go though.....do you perhaps know where to go in the game??

Midknight
Nov 25, 2007, 10:44 AM
So, there is no difference except for cutscenes?

Krisan
Nov 25, 2007, 10:54 AM
On 2007-11-25 07:44, Midknight wrote:
So, there is no difference except for cutscenes?

Pretty much none, yea. You can play it online now if you want, but the cutscenes are offline exclusive.. The only other reason to play AoI's offline mode would be to preview some of the new clothing and items that won't be released online for awhile.

On 2007-11-25 07:44, mattdude wrote:
oh okay.. I was playing story mode but I did not know where to go though.....do you perhaps know where to go in the game??

If you want to do it online.. (I still suggest doing it offline, since.. although it really is only a few aesthetic cutscenes at best.. it adds a bit of charm to things.) Then just go to the GUARDIANS HQ and talk to Mina.

mattdude
Nov 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
ok ty.