PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble running AoI? Look inside!

BahnKnakyu
Nov 25, 2007, 01:58 PM
ATTENTION MODS: Please keep this in PSU General. People go to PSU General first for help. Tech Support and Gameplay forums get less exposure. The gamespy board system needs a better way of informing posters that the thread has been moved. There should be a notice for the forum that it came FROM rather than just to the forum that it went TO.

I just had to help an Azure Battalion teammate get AoI to run on his computer. Since I spent so much time trying to figure it out, here's some tips on what to do should you run into problems getting this finicky PoS to run.

1) I installed the game fine, but when I click on Story or Network Mode, nothing happens! HELP!

* Run the DirectX 9.0c installer that is on the AoI disc. I know this sounds incredibly retarded considering most computers come with 9.0c as a STANDARD, but this will fix most of your starting issues. This is especially prevalent for Windows Vista users.
* You may have Data Execution Prevention (DEP) on. If you do, do the following:
a) Right click on My Computer, click Properties.
b) Choose the Advanced tab.
c) Click the Settings button under performance.
d) Choose the Data Execution Prevention tab.
e) Choose "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only"
This shouldn't be an issue for most users, since this is what it's selected to as a default, but THIS PROBLEM ALONE took up hours of troubleshooting to get it to run.

2) I can't get past the Gameguard patching screen!

* Lower all your settings to their bare minimum, including graphics and sound. Run PSU, this should fix your Gmaeguard update problem. After the problem is fixed, restart PSU and restore your gfx settings.
* Turn off any hardware or software firewalls you have active. When I mean turn off, I mean EXIT the program and make sure the service for the firewall is not running.
* Disable any background applications that are using your bandwith. Stuff like BitTorrent that adversely affects your bandwith may affect your connection to the Gameguard servers.

3) I get some kind of error when I try to connect in Network Mode.

* Same as above, most notably turn off any programs that use bandwith. If you continue to get connection errors, restart both your DSL/cable modem and your router. If you continue to have problems, see if you can connect to PSU/AoI directly through the DSL/cable modem first before trying anything drastic.

Hope this helps, people please add more if you can.

Shirashimi
Nov 25, 2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks for posting this; it helped me get a friend online when we had no idea what was wrong.

Wallin
Nov 25, 2007, 03:10 PM
I remember the DirectX problem was something people had for the original PSU (myself included), so that's definitely a helpful tip.

Turbobrain
Nov 25, 2007, 03:47 PM
Mine runs fine except at the De Rol Lei boss fight at which point it goes into UBER lag. After finishing it still continues to stick at the photon charge point, shop then returns back to normal until I fight De Rol Lei again... any ideas?

Randomness
Nov 25, 2007, 03:51 PM
Are your drivers up to date? Always worth checking that...

Alamar
Nov 25, 2007, 05:50 PM
Drivers help I found that out the hard way. Nvidia just released I new driver this month. I downloaded it. It helped alot but still get that slow motion run thing going on at times.

Turbobrain
Nov 26, 2007, 05:40 AM
I'm just going to re-install the game again. At that area funny things happen like what I described and lock up.

Does anyone know if auto-gear works on AoI? I almost have this working at zero frame skip perfect.

I would love to know the specs of the macine that Sega test this on. No matter what processor, graphics card, memory I still have trouble running this game all the time at zero frame skip.

Just out of interest does anyone know what the frameskip is(if any) on the 360?