PDA

View Full Version : Player Shops

NeoTeppin
Nov 25, 2007, 03:18 PM
I've been looking around to make some 8* weps, and i noticed a strange trend. Every material that can be bought at the npc store is higher in the players shops.

For example
Item NPC shop Player shop
Par Ebon 4k 5k
Cyral 2.5k 4k

why do people do this???

Shirashimi
Nov 25, 2007, 03:19 PM
I guess it's 'cause people think they can make a profit for people who don't know that you can get those same materials in the NPC shop for cheaper.

Anduril
Nov 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
Because they are stupid. One person over prices it, then another thinks htis is the price and so on until it snow balls, screwing over the person who doesn't check NPC prices.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
Because they're retarded. >_>

NeoTeppin
Nov 25, 2007, 03:22 PM
But does anyone actually buy these items? If uve played the game for more then 2 weeks u should kno that the items are in npc shops

Anduril
Nov 25, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-11-25 12:22, NeoTeppin wrote:
But does anyone actually buy these items? If uve played the game for more then 2 weeks u should kno that the items are in npc shops

The thing is that some people never really pay attention to NPC shops. But obviously the most overpriced ones don't sell, seeing as the cheapest usually get bought up in a second.

Wallin
Nov 25, 2007, 03:36 PM

I think unless you have a computer, you wouldn't know the prices of the NPC items. I always have to look up the prices using the database whenever I synth things, I certainly never remember them.

So if you don't have a PC and you're too lazy to write down all 50-100 or whatever synth materials are and their prices, you have to run to the shop every time, then run back to the player shop. Then you go to synth something different two minutes later and have to go look up the prices again - it's really exhausting I imagine. Better to just buy the cheapest one you can find on the player shops. =/

NeoTeppin
Nov 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-11-25 12:36, Wallin wrote:

I think unless you have a computer, you wouldn't know the prices of the NPC items. I always have to look up the prices using the database whenever I synth things, I certainly never remember them.

So if you don't have a PC and you're too lazy to write down all 50-100 or whatever synth materials are and their prices, you have to run to the shop every time, then run back to the player shop. Then you go to synth something different two minutes later and have to go look up the prices again - it's really exhausting I imagine. Better to just buy the cheapest one you can find on the player shops. =/

u kno its really ez to remember the prices,
for metals its 100,800,2500
wood its 100,500,4000
lines 4000,6000, 8000
those are the only things u would really buy in the npc store.

Cathbar
Nov 25, 2007, 07:52 PM
I sell synth material for 3/4 the NPC price. I usually try to find things that people want me to stock as well, so if anyone needs something let me know.

Shop character name: Sath

DonRoyale
Nov 25, 2007, 08:03 PM
On 2007-11-25 12:20, chuck_norris wrote:
Because they're retarded. >_>

Hit the mark with this one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Krisan
Nov 25, 2007, 08:07 PM
I always sell below the NPC price.. Hell I always sell low period. As a matter of fact I had my grand reopening recently, and everything I had up sold out lightning fast due to those prices! It was an amazingly fast profit, and quite the killing at that.. If people would think less about greed they might realize just how much more profitable it is to sell lower, and just how much better it is on the economy at that..

HandOfThornz
Nov 25, 2007, 08:13 PM
Before the new shop search, it was frustrating spending hour's searching out a shop which had a material under npc prices. Now i'm loving the new shop search, It takes a few mins and you can find under npc price's quickly, if any up for sale!
Worst price i've ever seen was 80mil for Par ebon =/

KRKcl17
Nov 25, 2007, 08:19 PM
Thank god for:
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu-store-prices/

Zoamel_Gustav
Nov 25, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-11-25 12:36, Wallin wrote:

Almost no one actually buys those overpriced items, except for maybe ebons.

I run "The NPC Price Shop" in an effort to inform people of the NPC prices. The NPC Price Shop is stocked with 2 full stacks of many of the items people overprice. I restock about 4 times a day at random. The only items that get bought out consistently are the ebons.

Unfortunately, some of the items in The NPC Price Shop are "the cheapest ones you can find on the player shops", which makes no sense. The NPC Price Shop is almost always on the search lists so seeing the NPC price is almost unavoidable.

Raine_Loire
Nov 25, 2007, 10:12 PM
People are greedy. It's a simple fact. They'll sell for as high as people are going to pay. I guess the real answer is for people to just make sure to NOT BUY if it costs more than an NPC store... There used to be lists on here of people who sold for under/over the NPC prices, but with conditional search it is even easier...

...Of course it's also easier for people to OVERPRICE stuff too... anyone try to buy an OMG auge lately? The lowest yesterday on the 360 was like- 395k!