PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC/PS2: So if I were to hunt for a Kazarod...

Egg99
Nov 25, 2007, 04:47 PM
Would it finally be possible for me to get one without hunting for 800 hours? To be more specific, old PSU missions recieved an increased drop rate as well as AoI missions, correct?

I wasn't even gonna bother trying to kill Onmagoug 4000 times for an 11* before, but if boss drops are also increased, I might give it a shot. Can anyone personally confirm that the drops are increased?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Egg99 on 2007-11-25 13:56 ]</font>

Umberger
Nov 25, 2007, 04:50 PM
If you're on 360...I'm not sure. I can't say they haven't, but in my personal experience, it doesn't seem like any of the old missions have received increased drop rates.

PC/PS2, definitely.

Bliven
Nov 25, 2007, 04:52 PM
No they didn't I'm pretty sure.

Egg99
Nov 25, 2007, 04:57 PM
You two are telling me different things here, lol.

I keep hearing mixed responses from people, which is why I'm asking here. Some are telling me the rates went up on all missions for all platforms, others are telling me some are platform-specific, and others are telling me rates went up for new mission drops but not old ones. I'm so confused >.>

MrBeans
Nov 25, 2007, 05:43 PM
They got an increased drop rate for sure. I have found 4 resist units in the past 2 days, and if that isn't an improvement I don't know what is. I'd say go for it.
By the way, these were burn resists from parum.
And I'm on the 360, but i doubt that the boosts were platform exclusive. Noone would be so retarded as to boost on one platform exclusively.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrBeans on 2007-11-25 14:45 ]</font>

perfectminute
Nov 25, 2007, 06:33 PM
Why do people think the 360 and pc/ps2 versions are different games?

pikachief
Nov 25, 2007, 06:35 PM
drop rates were increased on the new AOI missions and area drops.

Nothing more.

Aviendha
Nov 25, 2007, 07:54 PM
On 2007-11-25 14:43, MrBeans wrote:
They got an increased drop rate for sure. I have found 4 resist units in the past 2 days, and if that isn't an improvement I don't know what is. I'd say go for it.
By the way, these were burn resists from parum.
And I'm on the 360, but i doubt that the boosts were platform exclusive. Noone would be so retarded as to boost on one platform exclusively.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrBeans on 2007-11-25 14:45 ]</font>

Resist units now drop on all ranks.
Area drops (Crea Doubles and Psycho Wand) have confirmed increased rates, so I'd say just hunt Psycho as its stats are better anyway (unless you really, really like the way Kazarod looks).

HandOfThornz
Nov 25, 2007, 07:57 PM
I'm still on the original psu(AOI is'nt out here on PS2 yet) and i heard of new drop rates being adjusted for PSU version 1. I desided to go Cati/Power hunting. I think i did 33 runs over 2 session's.

My finds on Plain's Overlord S2 rank boss boxes -
-x2 Ragan Tail
-x2 Burn / resist
-x1 [B] Stormline
-x3 Omega acids
-x10ish Petanite
-x10ish Par walna
I also found x3 [B] 2-headed snake, x2 Evil Twins,and stacks of A/S mat's from mission enemies

Ages ago when level cap went from lvl80-90 i did 50 runs at Plains overlord S rank for SPS. I did'nt get a single rare unit/weapon or [B] from boss boxes(excluding mats) i think i got 2 ragan tail's though!? lol

So overall i'd say drop rate's and boss boxes have def. improved =)