PDA

View Full Version : How many extra Cutscense are on offline mode? AOTI

xenokai
Nov 26, 2007, 05:10 AM
does anyone know? I know there the extra opening videos but are alot missing when playing ep2 online?

EspioKaos
Nov 26, 2007, 07:35 AM
I just finished playing through offline Episode 2, and was shocked to see so few new cutscenes. At the very beginning, there's a scene where the Divine Maiden is performing a divination with Rutsu and a few guards around her. She sees some nasty stuff and talks to Rutsu about it. Then that's followed up by the new intro sequence. After chapter 1 begins, you're taken to a scene of Laia chasing down and killing a Dimmagolus on a Floader to save a group of Lungas. After that, she's called back to HQ where she begins as your instructor. The next new scenes are in the final chapter. There's a nice video of Clyez City lifting off from the Colony as well as one of the Colony breaking apart and crashing on Parum's surface. That's it.

Fry_Heit
Nov 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
Are there really only 3 new videos? The two ones at the beginning and the one at the end? That sucks, really. So all the things you see in the new intro movie have just been made for the video itself and have not been taken from a bunch of cutscenes they would have made? Like the famous one with Laia and Ethan encircled by fire and ready to fight you know...

I don't regret to have switched to the 360 version to play with more people... thus dooming me to miss the new version of ep2. Well, I shall buy it and take a look some day I think just to check these few videos out by myself.

Krisan
Nov 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
Well.. there are two-three more other than those, but they're pretty minor.. Namely, a fancy cutscene for entering the HIVE and one involving a certain scene with the Landeel. Those are very short though and do not add a lot to the game..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-11-26 07:57 ]</font>

zemog
Nov 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
I was hoping there was more reason to buy the xpansion than just the new gameplay content... I was hoping for the same presentation of the story as in the original... It would have been nice to see it all acted out with voices in real-time while your own character has all the mo-cap, but still keeps silent. They really could have had fun with that... But wow, does the new gameplay content ever look nice!

Krisan
Nov 26, 2007, 11:04 AM
Wait for Episode 3 to get released if it is story stuff you're after.. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say that it looks to have a lot of promise to it..

dragoon-girl
Nov 26, 2007, 11:50 AM
They didn't even put voices into the speech bubble bits it seems... or am I wrong? I heard there was something about the PC version not hearing voices.

KRKcl17
Nov 26, 2007, 12:18 PM
I was also suprised to see so few extra cutscenes. Made the question the point to offline mode... [spoiler-box] Except to see the 13* + weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif [/spoiler-box]

EspioKaos
Nov 26, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-11-26 07:57, Krisan wrote:
Well.. there are two-three more other than those, but they're pretty minor.. Namely, a fancy cutscene for entering the HIVE and one involving a certain scene with the Landeel. Those are very short though and do not add a lot to the game..

The Landeel clip I'm fairly certain was in the original Episode 2 presentation. You're right about the HIVE clip; that one is new.

mizukage
Nov 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
The OP question is very difficult to answer, unless you have completed Episode 2 and have been counting during the game, its not like you can know... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Broodstar1337
Nov 26, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-11-26 04:35, EspioKaos wrote:
I just finished playing through offline Episode 2, and was shocked to see so few new cutscenes. At the very beginning, there's a scene where the Divine Maiden is performing a divination with Rutsu and a few guards around her. She sees some nasty stuff and talks to Rutsu about it. Then that's followed up by the new intro sequence. After chapter 1 begins, you're taken to a scene of Laia chasing down and killing a Dimmagolus on a Floader to save a group of Lungas. After that, she's called back to HQ where she begins as your instructor. The next new scenes are in the final chapter. There's a nice video of Clyez City lifting off from the Colony as well as one of the Colony breaking apart and crashing on Parum's surface. That's it.

[spoiler-box]That last video is in online mode too. Finished Ep 2 online on the 360 over the weekend.[/spoiler-box]

EspioKaos
Nov 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
Except... it was answered.

I'll recap.

01. New opening scene between the Divine Maiden and Rutsu.
02. If you want to count it, new opening movie.
03. Chapter 1 opening sequence with Laia on Moatoob chasing down a Dimmagolus.
04. HIVE infiltration movie.
05. Landeel rescue sequence. (I'm still pretty certain this was presented in the original online release of Episode 2. I remember being surprised seeing it when I originally played the chapter online.)
06. Clyez City lifting off from the Colony.
07. GUARDIANS Colony crashing on Parum.

CelestialBlade
Nov 26, 2007, 12:52 PM
You can Youtube all the new cutscenes.

Krisan
Nov 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
On 2007-11-26 09:20, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-11-26 07:57, Krisan wrote:

The Landeel clip I'm fairly certain was in the original Episode 2 presentation. You're right about the HIVE clip; that one is new.

Nah, I just played through Ep2 online right after doing it offline. (I wanted the partner cards on one of my chars..) The Landeel cutscene wasn't present online, just a short low-res clip like with the HIVE and the Colony.