PDA

View Full Version : Wow, my signature weapon on PSU?

Cranberry
Nov 26, 2007, 06:12 PM
Some of you might recognize me from PSO as the FOnewearl Cranberry. I've fallen on some hard times and PSU simply hasn't been an option for me. Money has been a big issue. Recently I got a small bit of money in and I just might be able to spare a small amount, but I never really had any interest in PSU since I like PSO so much.

But then I saw this...

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1548/kazarod/

Its been redesigned a bit but I defenitly see it, that's my signature weapon PSO, the Windmill, implemented into PSU and it is strongly tempting me to try and scrounge up enough money to get AOI.

Now I know nothing about PSU, and I'd like to know, can this weapon be obtained offline? And in the new expansion can I create and be my own character? I didn't like the idea of having to use Ethan Waber in the original game.

Randomness
Nov 26, 2007, 06:15 PM
The expansion's story is basically Ep. 2 from online. Yes, you use your own character.

Dre_o
Nov 26, 2007, 06:17 PM
I do not know you but I still welcome your return!

Anyways, now to the question answering:

I ASSUME (not guarantee) that it can be obtained offline. Though I have no conclusive evidence to the Affirmative or Negative. Even if you can't find it, I'm SURE you will find something else you like.

But in the Expansion Offline and Online, you have no option but to create your own character. Now, keep in mind that unlike PSO, PSU characters that are Offline CAN NOT be taken Online. This is presumed to keep the threat of hacked characters to a minimal.

Now then, any other questions?

Cranberry
Nov 26, 2007, 06:21 PM
Edit: Oops I missread your post.

I see now that I can make my own character. I found the sticky topic up top now and I read through some of the first posts in the sticky and got some extra information. Didn't see the sticky right away.

One more question that I didn't see in the sticky (I don't have time to read all 109 pages of it). For PC version is an Internet connection still required even for offline only?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cranberry on 2007-11-26 15:34 ]</font>

Dre_o
Nov 26, 2007, 06:34 PM
And for that last question...I'm not sure...one second and I'll check my PC AoI box...Yes, an Internet connection is even required for Offline play. It's probably to let Game Guard reach it's parent server.

Zael
Nov 26, 2007, 06:39 PM
Haha, I remember you, but you probably don't know who I am.

Yes PSU allows you to create your own character. Not sure if you can find that Kazarod offline, but it does drop online for sure. The rate's pretty tough, but you're one of the more dedicated rare hunters so you should be able to find one.

Cranberry
Nov 26, 2007, 06:40 PM
Thanks. The only thing I want to see now is if anyone can confirm that the Windmill can be found in offline mode. If anyone knows for sure please post here. Thanks.

DEM_CIG
Nov 26, 2007, 06:43 PM
im not sure but i dont think it can be found in offline mode though i could be wrong im not 100% sure...

Golto
Nov 26, 2007, 06:48 PM
Its not available offline.

Pengfishh
Nov 26, 2007, 10:39 PM
Cranberry yay!

AxelgearVII
Nov 26, 2007, 10:54 PM
Cranberry. Oldschool. Surely you still hang out in games alone with um....that other FOnewearl that I don't remember. Dark...something....something

You also might be happy to know that traditional FOnewearl outfits would be returning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxelgearVII on 2007-11-26 19:54 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Nov 26, 2007, 11:03 PM
Cranberry yay come play PSU with us Cranberry yay!

Seira7
Nov 27, 2007, 05:25 PM
Hi Cranberry! I'm still enjoying the fact I can play Gallons now because of your kindness! (I post on Gamefaqs sometimes)

In regards to PSO/PSU, I prefer PSO and took a huge break from PSU, but came back for AOI and am really happy I did. I think the game has improved a lot, and the fact that their adding PSO content makes me all happy. Although, my favorite weapon is rainbow baton - I hope it returns as a slicer XD.

I hope you try PSU and end up liking it!

Sharkyland
Nov 27, 2007, 07:04 PM
Been a while, I love your FAQ on Episode III.

Cranberry
Nov 27, 2007, 10:20 PM
Axel... you're talking about Dark Force... she betrayed me when I trusted her the most and I ended up losing my home, career, and savings because of it. To this day she won't tell me why she turned on me, and I still suffer every day because of what she did. It ruined me pretty thoroughly. I don't think the pain will ever go away.

Pengfish, it's been a long time. You should contact me on AIM sometime. Maybe join me for a game of PSO too.

Seira, I think I know who you are. I'm glad that my offline quest service helped you out. I hope you are enjoying all the other content too. Remember to unlock all the areas first for safety.

Sharkey, I'm glad that you enjoy my notes on Episode 3. I worked hard on those so people can understand the story. I plan to do the same for Episode 1 and 2. Look for an edit to that topic in the future with more content.