PDA

View Full Version : About them buffs.

unicorn
Nov 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
Someone told me that NPCs no longer affect percentages, is this true? >_>

Wallin
Nov 26, 2007, 07:38 PM
Uh, percentages as in...?

Like you mean they're not worth anything for leveling buffs? That I've never heard of.

Umberger
Nov 26, 2007, 07:39 PM
No, NPCs still count the same % as a PC.

Shou
Nov 26, 2007, 10:29 PM
What that person was trying to say was that, in a buff party, NPCs dont make the exp of your buff go up at all. Only real people can help lvl up buffs.

Konstanse_Xx
Nov 26, 2007, 10:42 PM
On 2007-11-26 19:29, Shou wrote:
What that person was trying to say was that, in a buff party, NPCs dont make the exp of your buff go up at all. Only real people can help lvl up buffs.

Now I either misread it or you're not saying the right thing. NPCs are a target for buffs, it doesn't matter WHAT the slot is, if the buff hits 3-4 people in the party, it'll get experience for them, even if they were NPCs, People, or flaming cacti.

Shou
Nov 27, 2007, 12:15 AM
Not anymore, with the AoI update you dont gain exp when buffing an NPC. Try it.

Wallin
Nov 27, 2007, 12:20 AM
Well I was going to test it, but I really don't feel like paying 9k for buffs I already have leveled on my alt. (Yes, I'm stingy, I'm not running around with millions like everyone else! >_<) And testing this with leveled buffs would take way too long.

Bitey
Nov 27, 2007, 03:45 AM
Not anymore, with the AoI update you dont gain exp when buffing an NPC. Try it.

I have tried it and you do not know what you are talking about. I leveled my Giresta from 8 to 21 on NPCs. It took less than one hour.

EDIT: That was after AoI...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bitey on 2007-11-27 00:46 ]</font>

Shou
Nov 27, 2007, 08:57 AM
Meh, Giresta doesn't count. Try shifta. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CelestialBlade
Nov 27, 2007, 09:06 AM
Giresta works on the same principle Shifta does.

perfectminute
Nov 27, 2007, 09:08 AM
If you really wnat to test it go into a mission by yourself, cast a buff until it goes up 10% and count how many casts that took. Now go get 2 npc's in your party and cast it that many times and see howq much percent it goes up by. make sure you dont level the buff halfway thru.

And ya, giresta levels ridiculousy fast.

Gojithefox
Jan 10, 2008, 05:33 PM
Can I get a confirmation from this? I'd rather not waste my time with NPCs if I don't have to.

Tekershee
Jan 10, 2008, 05:42 PM
Unless you can find 5 people to afk/level with you, it doesn't matter anyway.

Mikura
Jan 10, 2008, 05:43 PM
On 2008-01-10 14:33, Gojithefox wrote:
Can I get a confirmation from this? I'd rather not waste my time with NPCs if I don't have to.

I can confirm Giresta and all buffs such as Shifta, Deband, Zodial, and Retier all gain exp from NPC targets. I speak from personal experience having lvled my buffs to 31 using nothing but my PM and some random story character NPC...and yes, it took forever. I have no idea where this rumor spread that you don't get exp anymore from NPCs.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the one thing I can't confirm nor deny is whether or not it's faster casting buffs on PCs rather than NPCs. But I highly doubt there's any difference so long as it's a target the spell can land on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikura on 2008-01-10 14:45 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Jan 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
Yes, this rumor is about as well-founded as the black beast mode, its just ridiculous here-say based on nothing but children who want to think they know what they are talking about. NPCs still count as buff targets, and anyone who says otherwise is a communist (someone had to say it >:3).

Shadow_Wing
Jan 10, 2008, 08:24 PM
10 casts of lvl 1 Giresta:
15% gained solo
46% gained with 2 NPCs and myself

Nuff said. Full HP, thus only effect is the buff effect of Giresta.

OldCoot
Jan 11, 2008, 01:27 AM
I did a test. 35 casts each time.

Started with Shifta Level 33 17%

Buffing alone, Shifta gained only 2% taking Shifta to 19%
Buffing with NPCs, Shifta gained 5% taking Shifta to 24%

The same results with Retier.

In conclusion it pays to have NPCs in the party if you don't have other players.