PDA

View Full Version : Rod Boost, Wartecher S rank Increase and Slicer Nerf

Kimil
Nov 26, 2007, 08:11 PM
Are we expecting these this Friday? Or two months from now? =(

When the JP severs had bug fixes, the PS2/PC servers recieved them the same week. But the Death penalty removal was treated like any other update, making us wait 2 months ( the 360 servers even longer than that!)

So, Are we getting this this friday, or two months away?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-11-26 17:14 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 26, 2007, 08:21 PM
Won't be this friday. We already recented the Slicer nerf, which was added before JP got it.

And more than likely, we will be seeing it sometime last next month or early month after.

Kimil
Nov 26, 2007, 08:33 PM
Wait, so Slicers are already nerfed? =/
They still do ridiculous damage... What was the nerf?
Also, why did we get these changes seperatively?

Xaeris
Nov 26, 2007, 08:35 PM
Whoa, whoa, you mean to tell me that Kyoren-jin in its current state is actually post-nerf? What the hell, how stupidly broken was this thing?

Randomness
Nov 26, 2007, 08:35 PM
The damage was apparently changed from "1-shot instant room nuking" to "OMG it's another Majarra".

ryvius
Nov 26, 2007, 08:38 PM
It started at 280% previously, no? And currently ends up at 280%? Not that it matters, whatever % the 2nd hit is still has such ridiculous output that it's still broken.

Complex_Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 08:38 PM
i have the pa for the slicer at 40 and its around 280% but befor the nerf it was 360%...thats a big nerf.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 26, 2007, 08:42 PM
On 2007-11-26 17:35, Xaeris wrote:
Whoa, whoa, you mean to tell me that Kyoren-jin in its current state is actually post-nerf? What the hell, how stupidly broken was this thing?

So stupidly broken that the enemies in the newly added missions on the highest difficulty (S, lulz) died in less than a single combo and people running up to melee them were still miles away and ended up getting no experience. Now it takes just little over a combo, which gives the melee players almost enough time to get a single normal attack in before they die!

Rizen
Nov 26, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-11-26 17:33, Kimil wrote:
Wait, so Slicers are already nerfed? =/
They still do ridiculous damage... What was the nerf?
Also, why did we get these changes seperatively?

Like said before, the first hit got an 80% nerf or so.

And it was stated before the game came out that there would be an equal waiting distance between the time JP gets an recent compared to when we get an update.

Offtopic here: Most MMOs that are released in other countries have this very same policy, so its not like we are being treated as an ugly red-head step child in this sense. The only two MMOs that I know of that keep all countries on the same parallel is FFXI and WoW.

Complex_Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
its still a nerf. befor the nerf i could be hiting like 3000s or 4000s but now its like 2500 on the last hit with a 26% fire on ice

Complex_Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 08:48 PM
i give up next time i walk in with a slicer boot me

beatrixkiddo
Nov 26, 2007, 08:58 PM
Unless you played on the japanese servers, it's impossible for you to have used Chikki Kyoren-jin before the nerf.

Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 09:07 PM
maybe they should of changed it to it only hits 1 monster?

Complex_Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 09:11 PM
but then it would be no fun

RedX
Nov 26, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-11-26 18:07, Jao wrote:
maybe they should of changed it to it only hits 1 monster?

but then the slicer loses the point of it. Its an anti-mob weapon, there are much better ways to damage large monsters.

Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 09:21 PM
ima like that second slicer pa

Lamak
Nov 27, 2007, 12:19 AM
I want my S Twin Claws. ;-;

Mystil
Nov 27, 2007, 01:05 AM
^They suck. Seriously(well except for the high procing freeze SE).

Rainu
Nov 27, 2007, 01:28 AM
I'm sorry, but what is the "rod boost" that this thread speaks of? As a fortetecher, I'm slightly interested...

Kimil
Nov 27, 2007, 01:37 AM
On 2007-11-26 22:05, Mystil wrote:
^They suck. Seriously(well except for the high procing freeze SE).

You do realize Twin Claws rock now right? o.o Twin Claws got a massive boost! try em out!
I do about 4.5k damage on the first combo with the second PA, and its only at lvl 3 for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-11-26 22:41 ]</font>

physic
Nov 27, 2007, 01:41 AM
slicer post nerf isnt all that crazy, it uses a ton of pp, in a party you generally wont get all the mobs to line up, its slow. honestly in many situatations i can outdmg the pa with other weapons, and not just a few of them. The increase in cost and decrease in regen means you ll run out of charges before the mission is over. as far as comparing it to S mobs, thats irrelevant there is one mob with like 4k hp, it cant even survive my sword combo. also dmg looks pretty good on teh other fort jobs as well, 1.3k on 3 mobs in 3 seconds with ra, then theirs gi, oh yeah and fully leveled shotguns..... launcher? seen the beserk grenade anyone? 410% mod on 5 enemies. theres a lot of dmg dealing possible in the game now.

Remedy
Nov 27, 2007, 05:37 AM
On 2007-11-26 22:28, Rainu wrote:
I'm sorry, but what is the "rod boost" that this thread speaks of? As a fortetecher, I'm slightly interested...From what I've heard, Rods are supposed to be "rebalanced" to be comparable with Wand/Madoog combos. I'm trepidatiously waiting to see what comes of it before I get rid of all my Halarods in disgust.

amtalx
Nov 27, 2007, 08:02 AM
On 2007-11-26 22:41, physic wrote:
slicer post nerf isnt all that crazy, it uses a ton of pp, in a party you generally wont get all the mobs to line up, its slow. honestly in many situatations i can outdmg the pa with other weapons, and not just a few of them. The increase in cost and decrease in regen means you ll run out of charges before the mission is over. as far as comparing it to S mobs, thats irrelevant there is one mob with like 4k hp, it cant even survive my sword combo. also dmg looks pretty good on teh other fort jobs as well, 1.3k on 3 mobs in 3 seconds with ra, then theirs gi, oh yeah and fully leveled shotguns..... launcher? seen the beserk grenade anyone? 410% mod on 5 enemies. theres a lot of dmg dealing possible in the game now.

Can't get all the enemies to line up? Darn, you can only 3-shot 5 out of the 7 enemies that spawned, leaving a whopping 400 EXP for the rest of your team. They are still incredibly broken. Sure other weapon types can deal more damage, but not with the speed and efficiency of Slicers. Jabroba can rip enemies limb from limb, but it's slow (if you think Slicers are slow, you probably have to take a nap waiting for Jabroga to go off) and knocks the enemies back. One shot from a Slicer is only a little less than the damage from a Shotgun at about the same speed, but hits more enemies. So basically Slicers are like a gun that shoots Shotguns...at greater range. How does that make sense? I thought rangers were supposed to be the masters of ranged damage. Oh yeah, and using Duranga on regular enemies will piss of both your fighters/rangers because they have to chase everything around, and the force who will have to constantly heal you. Now if Slicers had damage reflection...

oooWaveooo
Nov 27, 2007, 08:07 AM
they can rebalance the rod all they want, I'm selling all my halarods and grinded howrods in my shop now. fairly modest prices for any 360 players interested

CelestialBlade
Nov 27, 2007, 08:14 AM
Slicer + Slicer PA + Just Attack = Rangers and Forces, what the fuck are those?

I think somewhere along the way, ST forgot what roles each of the three base types play. Hunters were the close-up fighters with the priveledge of having the best DPS, Rangers supported from afar and were the best at landing SEs, and Forces nuked mobs and boosted the fighters with buffs and healing. Well, now Hunters are better damage dealers from afar than Rangers, have no need for SEs, and can take out mobs way better than a Force. Watewut?

I was excited about Slicers at first but this is pretty ridiculous. I'm perfectly okay with Majarra and Jabroga, anyone who has to fight at close range deserves to out-damage everyone else, but not this. This has gone from out-damaging to obsoleting.

majan
Nov 27, 2007, 01:32 PM
On 2007-11-27 05:14, Typheros wrote:

I think somewhere along the way, ST forgot what roles each of the three base types play. Hunters were the close-up fighters with the priveledge of having the best DPS, Rangers supported from afar and were the best at landing SEs, and Forces nuked mobs and boosted the fighters with buffs and healing. Well, now Hunters are better damage dealers from afar than Rangers, have no need for SEs, and can take out mobs way better than a Force. Watewut?

I was excited about Slicers at first but this is pretty ridiculous. I'm perfectly okay with Majarra and Jabroga, anyone who has to fight at close range deserves to out-damage everyone else, but not this. This has gone from out-damaging to obsoleting.

yes.

pikachief
Nov 27, 2007, 01:35 PM
i as an acrofighter do not use slicers that much.

i'd much rather spam my daggers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif much more fun adn the damage isnt too bad! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (i do more damage with my dagger to de rol le than my slicers or anything else i have anyways)

Gamemako
Nov 27, 2007, 03:47 PM
Wartecher S-rank increase? My attention has been caught. More information is desired.

Kylie
Nov 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
WT S ranks = long time coming. That is all.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hoping to see it before Christmas.

Zael
Nov 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
On 2007-11-27 12:47, Gamemako wrote:
Wartecher S-rank increase? My attention has been caught. More information is desired.

They're going to get S rank Knuckles and Twin Claws

Gamemako
Nov 27, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-11-27 12:54, Zael wrote:

On 2007-11-27 12:47, Gamemako wrote:

They're going to get S rank Knuckles and Twin Claws

]

Holy fuck. Hell yes.

Aviendha
Nov 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
On 2007-11-27 10:32, majan wrote:

yes.

The nerf is a joke. It reduced overall damage by less than 10%. We need a real nerf. The Acc. nerf isn't really that bad and the PP regen/use nerf is a joke too. Photon charges not only drop fairly often but are now cheaper than the meseta off of one mob. Chikki needs either a serious damage nerf or a much more narrow hitbox to make it more party friendly.

physic
Nov 27, 2007, 05:21 PM
i dunno, i still think you guys are way overestimating the power of slicer, as FF ill say Efff it anything i do at level 15 s a beast is hax. and slicer is sometimes useful, depending on the situation, but really i canl kill the mobs faster with different skills. mobu with the daggers spits out as much dmg as slicers, zubba is like 8k at level 30, i can do 10 hits to a single mob with bogga robado for in about the same time i can do the slicer pa. baiscally with slicer at level 11 i do like, 1.5k ja first and 2.5k ja second hits, thats a total of hmm 6.5k? or i could do 1.5 1.8 2.2 with tornado for roughly the same dmg. when you start looking at the numbers you start seeing it really isnt that hax, its situational. the problem is simply your playing with an overpowered slicer user vs weak enemies, and apparently you prefer lining the mobs up for them.

far as the pp nerf, you will run through more than 10 charges in less than two blocks, im not making it up do the math

320 /20 is 16 shots thats using the full combo 8 times, even if each combo kills every mob in the room(it does not), thats what 8 spawns tops. not to mention its more than 20pp, and for an af its like 28pp. then you start figuring how great that acc reduction will be on ff on levels with high mobs.... its cool but its not the best evar

GuardianElite
Nov 27, 2007, 05:40 PM
people dont relize that little accuracy nerf actually make lot hits show as 0 btw I seen lot attacks do same amount of dmg only dif its mob control

Blu3_Balla
Nov 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-11-27 10:35, pikachief wrote:
i as an acrofighter do not use slicers that much.

i'd much rather spam my daggers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif much more fun adn the damage isnt too bad! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (i do more damage with my dagger to de rol le than my slicers or anything else i have anyways)

Acrofighter that doesnt use slicers =[...and u dont fight de ro le w/ a slicer cuz its 2 slow, the daggers would derfinatly be a better choice or u can use a 42 crimson like me =]...

Rainu
Nov 27, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-11-27 02:37, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-11-26 22:28, Rainu wrote:
I'm sorry, but what is the "rod boost" that this thread speaks of? As a fortetecher, I'm slightly interested...From what I've heard, Rods are supposed to be "rebalanced" to be comparable with Wand/Madoog combos. I'm trepidatiously waiting to see what comes of it before I get rid of all my Halarods in disgust.

Whoamygod, do want.

pionear
Nov 27, 2007, 10:38 PM
STOP IT WITH THE SLICER NERFING!!!

Goodness...

unicorn
Nov 28, 2007, 07:46 AM
What was the rod bonus anyway?

amtalx
Nov 28, 2007, 08:02 AM
@physic: You may want to consider, y'know...carrying more than one weapon. A guy I ususally run with uses 3 Slicers for the 2nd AMF run and never complains about charges or uses all of them, and that is a very long run. Anyway, I would avoid comparing Lvl 11 skills to Lvl 30. 19 levels may make a difference, no? The "line" that enemies have to be in isn't really a line at all. The AoE is larger than a Laser Cannon and even those have a ridiculously generous "line".

Shiro_Ryuu
Nov 28, 2007, 08:36 AM
I have 1 slicer in my pallete, although I use it situationally. If I see a large mob of enemies, I would use my Chikki Kyoren Jin in order to spread out the damage, if they're like 2 or 3 enemies or a monster with multiple targets, I'm better off using Gravity Strike, Hikai Shuha-zan, or Buten Shuren-zan, and Spinning Strike if its a single enemy that won't spin, in which case I'll use Assault Crush. I use the Slicer, and I love it, but its not the only thing I use because some situations call for me to use something else.

EvilSlacker
Nov 28, 2007, 09:09 AM
wandmadoog + 31 techs > slicer

Any day of the week. Especially RA spells which are 1000 damage plus, no zeros and I can cast three times with Har Quick before one slicer combo is complete. Obsolete my ass.

perfectminute
Nov 28, 2007, 09:14 AM
I use slicers alot and pp isn't a problem. I always use a normal attack first so I can JA both combos. If I see a mob of ageetas and need pp I'll just use the regular attacks to gain back to about full. Using the PA and several small creatures is pointless, wasting your pp and pissing of party memebrs. I use one slicer constantly thru out a whole mission and only photon charge it when I'm low on PP and find a giant mob of Vandas or others monsters like that.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-11-28 06:09, EvilSlacker wrote:

Any day of the week. Especially RA spells which are 1000 damage plus, no zeros and I can cast three times with Har Quick before one slicer combo is complete. Obsolete my ass.Except, y'know, in the time that you cast three Ra- techs for 1000 each, that Slicer combo just did 400 with the first normal attack, about 1500 with the first step, and 2800+ with both attacks on the second step. We're obsolete.

anyone who has to fight at close range deserves to out-damage everyone else

May I ask, then, why my damage with Gi- technics is not comparable to melee damage? I'm fighting at close range just as much as they are, and god knows I'm way more fragile than a FF.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-28 11:11 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Nov 28, 2007, 02:45 PM
Wartechers such as myself are really looking forward to this update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aviendha
Nov 28, 2007, 04:34 PM
On 2007-11-28 11:09, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-11-28 06:09, EvilSlacker wrote:

Any day of the week. Especially RA spells which are 1000 damage plus, no zeros and I can cast three times with Har Quick before one slicer combo is complete. Obsolete my ass.Except, y'know, in the time that you cast three Ra- techs for 1000 each, that Slicer combo just did 400 with the first normal attack, about 1500 with the first step, and 2800+ with both attacks on the second step. We're obsolete.

anyone who has to fight at close range deserves to out-damage everyone else

May I ask, then, why my damage with Gi- technics is not comparable to melee damage? I'm fighting at close range just as much as they are, and god knows I'm way more fragile than a FF.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-11-28 11:11 ]</font>

Rem is spot on with both points.
@Shiroryu: Slicer is obviously not designed for small groups or multi-target enemies, but it owns large mobs for free, so of course you'll be better off in certain situation with other weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviendha on 2007-11-28 13:42 ]</font>

Iduno
Nov 28, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-11-28 11:45, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Wartechers such as myself are really looking forward to this update http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

yup got my bearclaws ready and waiting (1.8 mill with 3/10 grinds, bargin ! ^_^) cant wait to use them

unicorn
Nov 28, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-11-28 04:46, super_luu wrote:

pikachief
Nov 28, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-11-28 13:56, super_luu wrote:

On 2007-11-28 04:46, super_luu wrote:

i dont think anyone knows

so it obviously must've not been such a great boost after all XD lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-11-28 14:09 ]</font>

Kimil
Nov 28, 2007, 05:13 PM
Maybe the reason no one knows is because no one plays FT over on the JP servers? >_> lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-11-28 14:14 ]</font>

pikachief
Nov 28, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-11-28 14:13, Kimil wrote:
Maybe the reason no one knows is because no one plays FT over on the JP servers? >_> lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-11-28 14:14 ]</font>

or maybe they dont play it because after the boost it still isnt as good as the wand/madoog combo!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif loljk XD

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 05:19 PM
It hasn't come out yet, that's why no one knows.

pikachief
Nov 28, 2007, 05:33 PM
oh yea lol i thought it was out in our latest update... hmmm so thats y my slicer is still killing everything XD

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 05:36 PM
I thought ya'll got the slicer nerfs, but hadn't received the rod/technic rebalancing yet.

Guess not. *shrug*

LS_Aksion
Nov 28, 2007, 06:41 PM
WT topic-- more S Rank for WT someday?! Kewl! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
heh as if adding A Rank Sword together with Mag & Shadog is badass already! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
but why give S Rank Knives & Claws to us WT & leaving out a GT without weapons that would make it Unique?

Dragwind
Nov 28, 2007, 07:03 PM
Huh? GT's have the single hand S rank guns that fG don't get, along with bow. (sans handgun)

Mikura
Nov 28, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-11-28 14:36, Remedy wrote:
I thought ya'll got the slicer nerfs, but hadn't received the rod/technic rebalancing yet.

Guess not. *shrug*

Slicers are still strong but yeah, we did get the nerf on them already. It seems most want them to be nerfed even more however.

As for the rod/technic rebalancing, I hope we get that soon. I'm actually playing Acrotecher as my main techer class so it doesn't bother me one way or the other but I agree Fortechers need a boost so they'll have more of an edge over ATs.