PDA

View Full Version : Does Acrotecher need something else?

ChaosAngel92
Nov 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
Not a complain, not an acomplishment, just a simple question im interested in.

Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
i think the acros should of have double sabers

Zorafim
Nov 26, 2007, 09:09 PM
Well, if it got lv30 PAs, I think it'd need a change of name. You know, from "Acrotecher" to "Gamebreaker."

Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 09:12 PM
it would be nice to see someone swinging double sabers fast

Randomness
Nov 26, 2007, 09:13 PM
Not really, it has S ranks in all its one-hand weapons.

Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 09:15 PM
true but they have fist? why not replace them with the sabers

ChaosAngel92
Nov 26, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-11-26 18:15, Jao wrote:
true but they have fist? why not replace them with the sabers

AcroTECHER

Jao
Nov 26, 2007, 09:21 PM
ooops=p

Zael
Nov 26, 2007, 09:25 PM
Acrotecher's already really good the way it is.

Randomness
Nov 26, 2007, 09:38 PM
I know what AT needs. More TP than AF. Seriously...

AyuTsukimiya
Nov 26, 2007, 09:42 PM
all i'd like are some AT's that actually buff.... or maybe heal.... or maybe do something more than spam their whips.... but that's just me

Randomness
Nov 26, 2007, 09:44 PM
I like to tear into enemies with daggers, does that count?

(I do use resta though)

oooWaveooo
Nov 26, 2007, 09:49 PM
AyuTsukimiya
uguu

View AyuTsukimiya's Profile

Mood: none
#11 Posted: 2007-11-26 18:42
all i'd like are some AT's that actually buff.... or maybe heal.... or maybe do something more than spam their whips.... but that's just me

I do that. you play on 360? my name's Wave

AyuTsukimiya
Nov 26, 2007, 09:52 PM
360? no, sorry. pc here

norrisj15
Nov 26, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-11-26 18:42, AyuTsukimiya wrote:

yea im a super support AT. iono i guess it depends on who u play with. but i have seen AT that do as you say, but it might be that they havent had the time to lvl their buffs yet. give it time.

AyuTsukimiya
Nov 26, 2007, 10:03 PM
well.... it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have lvl 40 visshi grudda and lvl 1-9 for s/d/z/r.... but this is all opinion so it don't really matter

Simca
Nov 26, 2007, 10:12 PM
dont mind the vishi grudda being so high. if thats their main melee weapon, then it only takes a few hours to max out the pa (which btw is only 20 for AT). as for buffs. i think it's probly just that they haven't spent the time in a buff party to lvl them just yet, at least that's my case (im at lvl 15 buffs atm). buff parties are boring beyond all belief, so its hard to spend more than 2 hours in a buff party. so lvling buffs to 40...thats gonna take some time. like the other ppl said, just give it time, and you will find more ppl will begin to act more as a support type than a melee type.

Alizarin
Nov 26, 2007, 10:17 PM
Keep in mind that whips level a lot faster than techs. A lot faster... anyway, the weapon variety the ATs have are a little difficult to resist, even if they are better at support.
Though I can keep buffs up more often now that my new little floating friend can cast them faster.

KayaHime
Nov 26, 2007, 10:26 PM

That's exactly what I've started doing. I got one of my characters to Acrotecher today, and for the two missions I did after that, did nothing but buff my team, debuff enemies, and heal. For me, support is the fun part, using a whip (when my character finally can, he's pretty low level for being an expert class) will just be the icing on the cake.

Chaobo99
Nov 27, 2007, 12:20 AM
I actually use my whip just for shock. I use my dagger mostly..and buff and heal a lot while the fortetechy stares at the pretty lights of his new spells http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif..Anyways,know what we need?

Everytime we join a party...The "Whip it" song should play xD

Lamak
Nov 27, 2007, 12:22 AM
DFP nerf. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wallin
Nov 27, 2007, 12:23 AM
I can't find any open buffing parties, which is why I usually just expect someone else's buffs to be higher and don't bother as much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif (Although I do check the skill levels of other party members to confirm it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

Gryffin
Nov 27, 2007, 12:25 AM
I wish they had 25 In melee... I know it's an odd number, but honestly enough, it's because I want the third part for my Twin Dagger PA's....I want the purple aura though >_<

Like, Ideally, for me at least... would be if they had 25 in melee, range, and attack techs, and then 40/50 whatever the current cap is for Support.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

majan
Nov 27, 2007, 12:35 AM
I think this class is by and large the most unbalanced in the whole game.(the most unbalanced single thing being slicers,but thats another story) they have a very generous set of stats that complements a very generous set of weapons and range of PA's.being the only class that can buff itself better than all others(insert explicative) and use decent melee while balancing it out with better-than-wartecher tech DPS and a fair amount of gun usage,they are spread somewhat thin,yes,but their high stats and top-of-the-line buffing capabilities compensate for the iffy weapon choice and PA caps tenfold.any class that can solo as easily as acrotecher is broken.

no,acrotecher does not need anything else.if they had anything more,people who werent acrotechers pretty much would be the ones that loved their other S ranks too much or be the ones tryin to keep up with them.or they would need slicers.

suggesting this was like saying hey,shoudlnt slicers be a little more powerful?...a collective 'no'.acrot's have already put a serious dent in the morale of fortetechers and wartechers around the world.there's no need for them to encompass anymore than they do.

Broodstar1337
Nov 27, 2007, 12:40 AM
Acrotechers are fine.

Zarode
Nov 27, 2007, 12:46 AM
On 2007-11-26 21:22, Lamak wrote:
DFP nerf. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And while we're at it, all Wartechers get C rank weapons. Because they suck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Shadow_Wing
Nov 27, 2007, 12:50 AM
Would have been nice to have at least like an A rank in bows. Twins are great and all but it's like here, we'll give u an odd weapon...

and...

DFP nerf.
No thank you, soft enough as a CAST AT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-11-26 21:53 ]</font>

Wallin
Nov 27, 2007, 12:58 AM
Edit: Bah, my mistake, reread the post again. That's what I get for staying up till 1 in the morning... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-11-26 22:03 ]</font>

Miren
Nov 27, 2007, 01:14 AM

Totally agree, I been FT for so long and doin buffs and heals for friends. I changed class to AF couple days ago (now I am AF lv12, 2 days in sakura and grouped with many ppl, lost all roll on mags...sigh) and wow!
Only maybe one or 2 AT actually buff or heals. This makes me so mad whenever I didnt buff (cause of slow walking..etc) or dont heal fast enough I got bit** at (even one time, your buff is too low, dont you level ur buff to 30+? Be thankful you got buff and heal from me).
And these 2 days of melee class (totally diff point of view from a techer), all I see was FT try to level their megid, AT spam Rafoie and whips, wait there is a FT try to spam whip too...OMG pplz, please know your class and play it right

Side note: Now should I go back to AT? (no more bit**ing or chasing ppl around to buff them) or stay in AF for some slicer ownage?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miren on 2007-11-26 22:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miren on 2007-11-26 22:19 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Nov 27, 2007, 01:42 AM
Acrotecher needs level 999 skills, bullets, and spells. S5 rank on all weapons, have 99999 on all stats, boosted rare drop rates, as well as a NanoSUV.

But really, AT is fine. Although, like Gryf said. Level 21 skills would be nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chuck_norris on 2007-11-26 22:46 ]</font>

Aries2384
Nov 27, 2007, 02:57 AM
On 2007-11-26 18:49, oooWaveooo wrote:

I do that. you play on 360? my name's Wave

I carry over from being a rather support/damage orientated FT so I keep buffs and Giresta on at all times. Especially now that Giresta is sooo much better to use. It helps that AT's are sooo much faster at casting so it is much easier to throw buffs in the middle of fighting when needed.
BTW I'm a 360 user. My techer's name is Lessa. If you see me, let me know. I'm always up for good runs.

SandstormX
Nov 27, 2007, 03:08 AM
When I was aT I did what i could buffing and healing, then running in the mix to use my whip to shock the mobs. Right Miren http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
Nov 27, 2007, 03:10 AM
I've been playing acrotecher, and I found myself doing nothing but spamming meleeing attacks and healing/buffing. This is what I've wanted to do from the beginning. I should try out wartecher on Levia.

Sexy_Raine
Nov 27, 2007, 04:12 AM
No, it's already an overpowered class, it's needs nothing else. It also puts FT to shame

Remedy
Nov 27, 2007, 05:21 AM

Guildenstern
Nov 27, 2007, 06:20 AM
S rank double daggers would be nice. That's it.

And I do more 'nuke and melee' than 'heal and melee', but at least I buff everyone with the fancy buffs and keep everyone in the white HP. My team doesn't require much attention in that department, regardless. o___ov

Ruffnexx
Nov 27, 2007, 09:31 AM
I think that AT is a fun class but they only have 4 melee weapons which makes melee fighting kind of limited. AF at least get 7 and protranny's get 5(all S-rank) one more single or two handed weapon would be nice for an AT. But i would settle for S-Rank twin daggers.

Eleina
Nov 27, 2007, 10:09 AM
On 2007-11-27 01:12, Sexy_Raine wrote:
No, it's already an overpowered class

Haha..seriously if you consider AT overpowered i would seriously want to know you rank the other classes in this sense...

fF : Slicer,Majarra,Jabroga what can resist this? maybe a melee resistant mob but yea even those struggle
Fighgunner : fF without jabroga but who has no porblem with flying mobs and melee resistant stuff such as jarbas
AF : Fast slicer which can kill most mobs in one combo and has daggers/twin guns to finish up whatever slicer can't handle

These 3 classes are alot worse than a what you call overpowered AT XD

But your right about them putting fTs to shame. Let's just hope they make rods alot better for fTs sake heh

Simca
Nov 27, 2007, 11:05 AM
personally, i dont see a point to the s rank twin daggers. the AT is skilled at ONE-HANDED COMBAT. it says so in the description in the game. and as for ppl complaining about there lvl20 skill cap, you dont need 21 if all your S rank weapons only have 2 hit combos anyways. yes whips are fun to use and can clear a mob no problem, just please keep in mind that we are primarily a support class, so act the part. spend a few hours in a buff party lvling s/d/z/r and other gamers will stop giving us a hard time, and criticizing AT's at every turn for not buffing and healing.

Zorak000
Nov 27, 2007, 11:17 AM
lol, I switched to WT to spam my whip... get it to 30 and WT to 15 then back to FT for me! (im also working on my non-30+ techs)

Iduno
Nov 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
single claws and maybe double claws come on they just scream newman (and isnt neiclaw newman only?), the speed would make them look cool and the acrotecher class is good for newmans as well tbh I was suprised they didn't make it in as acrotecher weapons in the 1st place

btw. I once saw an acrotecher without even resta I mean for gods sake why even bother if your not even going to heal yourself im no elitist but thats just bloody stupid having a techer class without resta, even my wartecher has resta (he died as well (the non resta AT not my wartecher))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iduno on 2007-11-27 09:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iduno on 2007-11-27 09:45 ]</font>

Eleina
Nov 27, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-11-27 09:37, Iduno wrote:
btw. I once saw an acrotecher without even resta I mean for gods sake why even bother if your not even going to heal yourself im no elitist but thats just bloody stupid having a techer class without resta, even my wartecher has resta (he died as well (the non resta AT not my wartecher))

I don't have resta on me *shrugs* giresta being so much better and all

Iduno
Nov 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
well he did'nt have that either

Nox_
Nov 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
Support > Damage.

First thing i did when i switched to AT was get all buffs to 31.

Give it time and the whip spammers will get bored and go back to their FFs.

(oops wrong account)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nox_ on 2007-11-27 10:41 ]</font>

pikachief
Nov 27, 2007, 01:40 PM
acrofighters need a crossbow!!! for hacing so much ranger they dont have very many guns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

also crossbows are the only one-handed gun acroclasses cant use.

majan
Nov 27, 2007, 01:49 PM
On 2007-11-27 07:09, Eleina wrote:

On 2007-11-27 01:12, Sexy_Raine wrote:
No, it's already an overpowered class

Haha..seriously if you consider AT overpowered i would seriously want to know you rank the other classes in this sense...

fF : Slicer,Majarra,Jabroga what can resist this? maybe a melee resistant mob but yea even those struggle
Fighgunner : fF without jabroga but who has no porblem with flying mobs and melee resistant stuff such as jarbas
AF : Fast slicer which can kill most mobs in one combo and has daggers/twin guns to finish up whatever slicer can't handle

These 3 classes are alot worse than a what you call overpowered AT XD

But your right about them putting fTs to shame. Let's just hope they make rods alot better for fTs sake heh

very fair points.so maybe it isnt overpowered but it sure as hell is unbalanced.it's a modified fortetecher that shits all over the stats of a fortetecher with the exception of TP,and still does very very formidable damage with techs due to the faster cast rate,high attack tech levels,and s-rank wands.oh,right,and they have very good atp to use S rank single handed weapons,too.and whips.and twin pistols.and mechguns.o and they can buff better than anybody in the game,too.
overpowered,not really,because you are very right about those other classes.what's broken here is the fact that the versatility of at's is not balanced by the normal tradeoff of versatility and power.fighgunners trade weapon chioce and ATP/HP for more versatility with guns,making them balanced,even with all the new expansion stuff(every existing class has gotten a very significant boost,with the exception of fortetecher and fortegunner,so its tough to really say anything too crazy.)overpowering isnt as much of an issue as the imbalance is.imbalance eventually will lead to overpowering,but the class in itself really isnt very overpowered but once people really start pushing AT's to the limits in terms of PA levels and doing all they can with the class,then they may compete with slicer-users.

I'm interested myself to see what happens with the rods.I think they are going to boost the elemental % bonus,but that's just my little theory.they should nerf the slicers again before "rebalancing" any rods.