PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2's Story is epic!!! O.O ^.^ XD

Saner
Nov 27, 2007, 02:52 AM
well so far, but ya I'm really shocked at some of the things, I really like how the story is presented and the characters and stuff! ya while playing online, I finally discovered the 5th floor front desk is where you start the Episode 2 story missions!

That's sooo cool! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I should've checked there long ago, I didn't think the whole story was accessed through this place, but it sure makes more convenient than having to weave through some kinda special story mission runs mixed in with other mission runs.

but since I have AOI, ironically, the AOI intro played when I started the Episode 2 story mode, "The Masked Girl" chapter, or something like that. well I guess it's sorta like an update to the original intro just like the title screen's updated intro.

it was here, that I eventually discovered that Laia is in fact in Episode 2! I thought she was a new character for Episode 3, but hey I'm a newb when it comes to the online story, but that's pretty cool teaming up with Laia for the first training mission. Woohoo! So this is how people got the Goggles! It took me a while to figure out that those black smoked plants are what I have to scan. they were pretty hard to notice. and some blended in with some shady spots. But after that, it was pretty smooth! oh yeah before that it was nice seeing Tonnio make an appearance.

You know, when i saw that Communion lady we found, and she seemed like she forgot stuff, I had a feeling it was....well, anyway, those Vol Brothers gave me a big surprise with that boss fight. Laia sure schooled them big time! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif but afterwards, the traps parts was very sneaky! I mean some of the level geometry is totally different from the normal Neudaiz forest mission map variations.

Well then fought some rogue robots, uh what else, chasing the Vol Brothers. OH YEAH!!!! Then the most shocking and coolest moment so far took place!! O_O The Vol Brothers were cornered and Laia and I were questioning them, and suddenly the hero of Episode 1 appears! Ethan!!!! along with Liina!!!!!! O__________O *and the legendary music that plays when they show up is INCREDIBLE! I LOVE THAT MUSIC!!! It plays in episode one, like when Tylor stabs Magashi from behind, and when the AMF army is fighting those monsters in Moatoob, except THIS is the extended, looped version. ^_____^ *squeeeeeeee!*

That moment feels 100000 times even more incredible cause I finished the offline story (episode 1) and had grown to know and admire the characters even more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I really place Ethan up there with Alis, Rolf, Chaz and the heroes from PSIII (who sadly didn't have much room to express their personality, thoughts and interaction with each other, Chaz is a bit of an exception though cause PSIV had the most deep character interaction for its time, until PSU came along).

anyway, this is really unexpected. and what follows made me fall off my chair and drive my senses to madness!!!!!!! Fighting Ethan and Liina in a battle you can't win!!!!!!!!!! ^___________^
That is truly brilliant, beautiful and intense! Sure, theyare doing 0 damage to you too, but that isn't the point, the point is to roleplay and do everything you can to attack and beat them! It's kinda like those super hyper battles where warriors are rapidly attacking, parrying and countering back and forth, with no clear victor in sight. But it still was totally cool and I appreciate giving us a hands-on taste of what it's like to fight a hero that defeated countless evils.
I recommend going all out with your favorite attacks and PAs and enjoy the awesomeness!

The battle itself truly represents the skill and power of Ethan, a force you cannot stop, but also gives you that fighting chance, the kind of battle where the duel seems equal, yet, its clear you cannot beat them, but you must at least try, while surviving their wrath.

Laia couldn't of said it better:

"He's as good as they said." (or something like that.) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

well the Comunion lady says something that causes Ethan and Liina to leave, branded as wanted criminals, but it seems clear their motives are justified, whatever those motives are....

well handing the Comunion lady back to her religious folk, it's revealed she's in fact Karen, er....the Divine Maiden! ^_____^ I had a strong feeling it was her, but proof is better than floating guesses.

but ya this sure establishes a great mystery of what's really going on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'm farther ahead, and I could go on talking about my great experiences, but this is really an addictive sequel to the first story, and it's very inviting and fun cause you don't need to be freaking maxed out exp level / l33t gear/ help from high levels/ stupid delevel caps/, etc. to advance in it.

Some may think the single player limit is a bad thing, but it really isn't cause you can enjoy the story at your own pace instead of 2-6 other players wanting you to skip what they say.

oh yeah Laia gave me her Partner Card!!! I love how you can stack your NPCs and bring them along as a team, that sure is a nice alternative if you are playing solo for whatever reason, or wanna fill the rest of the group with more friendly faces. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but I'm so glad I didn't look up and spoil myself the ep.2 story before experiencing it myself. And with Epsiode 3's story on its way to eventually having all of its chapters available, this is the beginning of the Golden Age of Phantasy Star. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zuurr
Nov 27, 2007, 03:14 AM
If you liked all that, get ready for the last mission in episode 3.
If you get past those two puzzles of death D:<

Saner
Nov 27, 2007, 03:27 AM
ohhhh! ^_^ well ya havent completed Episode 2 yet, but I'm getting there.

are you on Japanese servers?

cause I heard Episode 3's chapters are not fully released in US yet. or something like that. if that's true, I wonder how many weeks before Episode 3's story is complete? *anticipation...building...*

A2K
Nov 27, 2007, 03:28 AM
If you're that excited by Chapter 1, wait until you hit the finale.

And if I'm not mistaken, Japan is only up to Chapter 2 of Episode 3 right now. We don't have any at the moment, although the first is due in a few weeks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-11-27 00:30 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Nov 27, 2007, 03:32 AM
Like what has been suggested though, really stay away from spoilers. I accidentally ruined the ending which would have been epic for me. Ep3's story ending has almost been ruined for me, I'm really trying to watch links and such.

Enjoy it!

Skye-Fox713
Nov 27, 2007, 04:44 AM
Saner if u thnk thats epic, play the story mode Offline. Then it gets even better.

Nano-bot
Nov 27, 2007, 07:09 AM
just a note for you all. if you are on PC/PS2 the new FMV cutscenes also work online. I just played the Hyuga rescue mission and got the linear line FMV http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mysterious-G
Nov 27, 2007, 07:32 AM
On 2007-11-27 04:09, Nano-bot wrote:
just a note for you all. if you are on PC/PS2 the new FMV cutscenes also work online. I just played the Hyuga rescue mission and got the linear line FMV http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Meh. I guess this scene is in there, because it already existed in Episode 1.

I personally think Episode 1 and 2 are both good, but Episode 3 should be head and shoulders better.

And, oh well, though I know the story, I never beat Chapter 9 of Episode 2... I hate unneeded puzzles...

zandra117
Nov 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
This thread needs more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Anyways episode 2 was far better than episode 1.

zemog
Nov 27, 2007, 08:10 AM
Wow Saner... I'm amazed you haven't gotten around to doing those story missions all this time...

And I'm glad to hear so many people praising the story of Ep2... I just purchased AotI and am playing the story Offline. I am enjoying it, even though I was expecting them to have beefed up the presentation to that of the oriiginal Ep1 story. But oh well...

CelestialBlade
Nov 27, 2007, 08:18 AM
I've enjoyed both Ep. 1 and Ep. 2 and am anxiously awaiting what's to come in Ep. 3.

This storyline is far more fleshed out and developed than PSO's, and draws a lot of parallels with the classic PS series, which I'm a huge fan of. I could hardly ask for more.

Iceman2667
Nov 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
I didnt like the ending of ep. 2, it was kind of a let down

Sinue_v2
Nov 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
Chaz should not be placed on any pedestals of excellent character design. While Ethan isn't as bad as Chaz, he's not much better. At least Chaz, like his crybaby contemporary Tidus, ended up being somewhat likable by the end. We've yet to see if Ethan will achieve that level.

http://www.pscave.com/comic/killingchaz/cantfindalys.jpg

FnalKnight
Nov 27, 2007, 04:41 PM
Hey, the final fight cutscene in Episode 1 made Ethan insanely awesome, that Star Wars styled fight was just great.

RemiusTA
Nov 27, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yes, Episode 2 blows the offline story mode out of the effing water, even WITHOUT the voiced cutscenes. I was extremely amazed after beating storymode and going online for the first time to play Episode 2, and wondering why the hell the offline story missions were so bad compared to it.

Not following Ethan is one of the reasons the story is so good, but other than that the story just flows ALOT better than episode 1. The missions in general are actually MISSIONS than an offline grindfest, and have way more content to them. (like the Power Level puzzle. That actually was fun to solve.)

It just feels like an entirely different game to me. I dont know how Episode 2 was on the same disc as episode 1, yet Episode 1 was so inferior. Although im not sure if ep.2 was entirely Server side programmed and not on the disc or not, since you needed to be online to play it. (Im sure it was, becuase thats how PSO missions were.)

The storyline is awesome, and i dont hate ethan nearly as much as before since i dont have to play him anymore. (that and he's actually badass now.)

And is it just me, or does the Illuminus seem like the PSU version of the KKK? Their HUMAN supremacists instead of White supremacists, they want to kill all the casts and newmans, and they want to return the beasts to the role of slaves....

...Hummmm...

Im currently on Chapter 5. Im glad i never played past chapter 1 online, because im having WAY more fun playing this offline, since i dont have to wait for the chapters.

I cant wait for ep.3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-27 13:56 ]</font>

Cry0
Nov 27, 2007, 04:57 PM
so... are there only 10 chapters in ep2? just finished the tenth but...

what happens to ethan and his sister?
there's so much more about the war that's unsolved...
plus not to mention a shocking new twist in magashi's reasons.

and all that in chapter 10!

Shardio
Nov 27, 2007, 05:04 PM
Good. People enjoying story mode. Things are going well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
It's nice to see people NOT complain once in a while!

I'm looking forward to Ep3 this Friday...

Sinue_v2
Nov 27, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-11-27 13:57, Cry0 wrote:

what happens to ethan and his sister?
there's so much more about the war that's unsolved...
plus not to mention a shocking new twist in magashi's reasons.

Watch the Shadow of Arkgard moving comics. They fill you in on what happens in the final moments of Ep 2 Ch 2 between Ethan and his Sister.

Zuurr
Nov 27, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-11-27 00:27, Saner wrote:

cause I heard Episode 3's chapters are not fully released in US yet. or something like that. if that's true, I wonder how many weeks before Episode 3's story is complete? *anticipation...building...*

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but no I am not from the Japanese servers, I play 360.

Sharkyland
Nov 27, 2007, 06:37 PM
Well what happened in chapter 10 of episode 2 totally threw my story for my characters seriously out of the water. Oh well, it's not too hard to change it, though everyone's going to hate my story.

I'm really hating to play tag-along. Why can't my character do something extraordinary. Just like PSO, who are the new "Great Four". Ask Mr. Owl, he should know.

GuardianElite
Nov 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
On 2007-11-27 13:51, RemiusTA wrote:
Yes, Episode 2 blows the offline story mode out of the effing water, even WITHOUT the voiced cutscenes. I was extremely amazed after beating storymode and going online for the first time to play Episode 2, and wondering why the hell the offline story missions were so bad compared to it.

Not following Ethan is one of the reasons the story is so good, but other than that the story just flows ALOT better than episode 1. The missions in general are actually MISSIONS than an offline grindfest, and have way more content to them. (like the Power Level puzzle. That actually was fun to solve.)

It just feels like an entirely different game to me. I dont know how Episode 2 was on the same disc as episode 1, yet Episode 1 was so inferior. Although im not sure if ep.2 was entirely Server side programmed and not on the disc or not, since you needed to be online to play it. (Im sure it was, becuase thats how PSO missions were.)

The storyline is awesome, and i dont hate ethan nearly as much as before since i dont have to play him anymore. (that and he's actually badass now.)

And is it just me, or does the Illuminus seem like the PSU version of the KKK? Their HUMAN supremacists instead of White supremacists, they want to kill all the casts and newmans, and they want to return the beasts to the role of slaves....

...Hummmm...

Im currently on Chapter 5. Im glad i never played past chapter 1 online, because im having WAY more fun playing this offline, since i dont have to wait for the chapters.

I cant wait for ep.3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-27 13:56 ]</font>

episode 2 sucked worse than episode 1 do not know what are you talking about

Pentence
Nov 28, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-11-27 14:04, Shardio wrote:
Good. People enjoying story mode. Things are going well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
It's nice to see people NOT complain once in a while!

I'm looking forward to Ep3 this Friday...

I CANT F-ing WAIT! I want ot see how much better lumia fights that her bro http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyway to prepare and to see all the cool new cut scenes i am going to rpeplay all of ep2 online.This should be epic for me.

Kinako78
Nov 28, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-11-27 15:37, Sharkyland wrote:
I'm really hating to play tag-along. Why can't my character do something extraordinary. Just like PSO, who are the new "Great Four". Ask Mr. Owl, he should know.

Yeah, that was my only complaint about episode 2. I had to pretend my character was thinking and doing certain things about certain events. XD

pikachief
Nov 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
On 2007-11-27 00:27, Saner wrote:

htey arent released at all yet on US servers XD

Kinako78
Nov 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
Chapter 1 will be released friday though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pikachief
Nov 28, 2007, 03:45 PM
yup! ^.^ i should go on my JP account to figure out the teleporter maze near the end....