PDA

View Full Version : Extra Mode, what are it's limitations?

HedKandi
Nov 27, 2007, 02:56 PM
Hi ya,

Just wanted to ask, apart from the obvious, what are the limitations of the Extra Mode, for example, what's the max level your character can reach offline and also i suppose a lot of items are not included from the online game? I was hoping that each time there's an update that the offline mode gets updated with the items as well?

Thanks.

Jaspaller
Nov 27, 2007, 03:15 PM
Vanilla PSU is limited to the same free missions you get in story mode, level 100 cap, and a LARGE amount of items from online missing.

For AoI (PC/PS2), Extra mode is changed to an Episode 2 story mode. Everything prior is intact and you have access to C-A rank missions. I believe the cap was set to 200 and the PA's were bumped up to level 40.

Xbox360 version got stuck with the original extra mode with the JA/JC added in (someone will probably need to reconfirm this) and nothing else new.

Chuck_Norris
Nov 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
And PA's go up to 50, not 40.

StrongFiend
Nov 27, 2007, 03:58 PM
ja/jc man i wish they gave us at least more items f extra mode and screw u ps2!

RemiusTA
Nov 27, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-11-27 12:58, StrongFiend wrote:
ja/jc man i wish they gave us at least more items f extra mode and screw u ps2!

Die plz.

Yeah, Extra Mode AoI actually satisfied me FAARRRR beyond what Extra Mode Vanilla did.

Way more rares, better missions, ALMOST all the clothing from PSU vanilla online (minus the sectioning of some sets in AoI. For example, females cant split the swimsuit set - they have to wear the whole thing.), and Episode 2. Not to mention that you can get every weapon type offline now, including the new ones, and tons more PAs.

for someone who was confined to Extra Mode only in PSU vanilla, AoI extra mode would be a tad overwhelming.

And although Episode 2 is missing cutscene voice overs, Its WAY more fun than the PSU storymode by default. The storyline is alot better, and the missions are way more fun than just "Complete this extremely long BORING string of missions that we call a chapter".

Only real problem? To unlock missions you have to play storymode, and playing on one character doesnt unlock them for the rest.

So in other words, you can unlock new clothing content and stuff, but to get new stages every character will have to complete the story missions.

StrongFiend
Nov 27, 2007, 04:50 PM
sstill screw you!!! man maybe they'll come up with the extra mode later on 360 untill then ill have to deal with u lucky pc/ps2 playas

Pengfishh
Nov 27, 2007, 05:10 PM
PS2 has new voices, too! Rejoice to my Caseal's British accent!