PDA

View Full Version : Kuda watches animoomoo?

Skuda
Nov 27, 2007, 05:29 PM
My friend got me into D.Gray-Man... and I like it ;_;

DizzyDi
Nov 27, 2007, 05:32 PM
Death Note has to be one of the best animu's I've ever seen.
Every episode is so good and they always throw a bone into the mix within the last 10 minutes that leaves you with such a cliffhanger ending its killer waiting for the next episode. ;~;

Sayara
Nov 27, 2007, 05:45 PM
^Actually disregard that.
I'm a liar.

DizzyDi
Nov 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
Say wat?

foamcup
Nov 27, 2007, 11:24 PM
I liked Death Note up until the end. Do not click the box if you haven't seen the ending. I'm serious.

[spoiler-box]
Light gets caught and Ryuk kills him, Misa kills herself after hearing of Light's death, the whole world goes back to being shitty again, and then you go back and read it again and realize he's been making stupid, stupid mistakes the whole damn time. I can't even read it anymore, the ending went back in time and made the whole series suck. [/spoiler-box]

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 28, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-11-27 14:32, DizzyDi wrote:
Death Note has to be one of the best animu's I've ever seen.
Every episode is so good and they always throw a bone into the mix within the last 10 minutes that leaves you with such a cliffhanger ending its killer waiting for the next episode. ;~;

I find it hard to believe mister smarty pants #1 nation doesn't implode and turn into the dropout, making kids stay in the schools, by spending mucho time on murda murda murda, killa kill kill Bill.

ZephyrCat
Nov 28, 2007, 02:42 PM
All the annoying people I know at my university seem to love Death Note.

That said, I'm surprised I haven't gotten the urge to watch it yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Scrub
Nov 28, 2007, 02:50 PM
I started watching an anime last night. I feel deep shame but Im going to keep watching it.

I'm not saying what it is because I'm behind the times and I dont think it's 'hip' anymore.

ZephyrCat
Nov 28, 2007, 03:03 PM
On 2007-11-28 11:50, Scrub wrote:
I started watching an anime last night. I feel deep shame but Im going to keep watching it.

I'm not saying what it is because I'm behind the times and I dont think it's 'hip' anymore.

onoes, fear the wrath of the cool kids...with their ninjas and pirates and combat bathrobes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Oh, and the overpowered emo kids and the overly affectionate catboys. Can't forget those. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

foamcup
Nov 28, 2007, 05:29 PM

Watching animu is not hip anyway, so let us know.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 29, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-11-28 14:29, foamcup wrote:

Watching animu is not hip anyway, so let us know.

I got $5 on DBZ VHS tapes.

foamcup
Nov 29, 2007, 08:31 AM
That's what I'm thinking. Or maybe Inuyasha, that's like DBZ for girls.

Shadowpawn
Nov 29, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-11-29 05:31, foamcup wrote:
That's what I'm thinking. Or maybe Inuyasha, that's like DBZ for girls.

I think it's Yu Yu Hain..er...something. It can't be Cowboy Bebop, that series is NEVER out of style. EVER!

Weeaboolits
Nov 29, 2007, 12:17 PM
Admit it, Scrub, you're watching Strawberry Marshmallow. ;o

TalHex
Nov 29, 2007, 12:45 PM
Can't be outlaw star *shaking head*

Masou
Nov 29, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-11-27 20:24, foamcup wrote:
I liked Death Note up until the end. Do not click the box if you haven't seen the ending. I'm serious.

[spoiler-box]
Light gets caught and Ryuk kills him, Misa kills herself after hearing of Light's death, the whole world goes back to being shitty again, and then you go back and read it again and realize he's been making stupid, stupid mistakes the whole damn time. I can't even read it anymore, the ending went back in time and made the whole series suck. [/spoiler-box]

"don't click"
*clicks*
lmao what a horrible ending,i hope it makes my ex-fiance cry for being obsessed with such a crappy anime/manga

Weeaboolits
Nov 29, 2007, 02:05 PM
no u

foamcup
Nov 29, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-11-29 10:59, Masou wrote:

[spoiler-box]

"don't click"
*clicks*
lmao what a horrible ending,i hope it makes my ex-fiance cry for being obsessed with such a crappy anime/manga

Glad to be of service. It really would have been so great if the bad guy won for a change. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Weeaboolits
Nov 29, 2007, 05:30 PM
I don't let the ending ruin it for me, the rest of it was good, and I did like the way the ending was done, even if it wasn't what I was hoping for (as in how the specifics were handled, also it was kinda' neat seeing Light get what he deserved, even if we were rooting for him the entire time). ;o

mizukage
Nov 30, 2007, 01:18 AM
On 2007-11-29 14:23, foamcup wrote:

On 2007-11-29 10:59, Masou wrote:

[spoiler-box]

"don't click"
*clicks*

Glad to be of service. It really would have been so great if the bad guy won for a change. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Desu Noto started out okay, but it got...the protagonist becomes the antagonist, then it got worse, and worse. The ending isn't all that horrible, because good guys usually win in the end and the kid genius guy, don't even remember is name was on the side of good.

Weeaboolits
Nov 30, 2007, 01:45 AM
That was one of the best things, though, that the hero was in a sense also the villain. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 30, 2007, 01:48 AM
Its like that in Superman also, people want him to die but also other crazy people want him to never die or die and then come back.

Japan cartoons, stealing from Superman. Forshame.

Mixfortune
Nov 30, 2007, 09:47 PM

[spoiler-box]

Pretty sure that Misa lives, fairly certain that she's in the last panel of the last book. Ironically enough considering how much she's cut her life percent down to with all those eye trades that she succeeds Light.

Yeah the last half is a decline but that first half is some of the best writing I've seen come out of these types of manga. Oh well, remember the good.

foamcup
Nov 30, 2007, 10:24 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
[spoiler-box]
That woman is not Misa, Misa commits suicide one year after Light's death. I pulled this from Wikipedia.

According to How to Read 13, Misa falls into despair after learning of Light's death through Matsuda. Misa commits suicide one year later on February 14, 2011. It is also revealed that the cloaked woman who appears at the end of the manga is not Misa, but simply a follower of Kira.

At the anime's finale, Misa's suicide is neither mentioned nor seen. At the final credits, she is seen standing at the edge of a rooftop, with a sad face looking at the horizon.

Even though Misa cut her life twice, two Shingami died to protect her, so she got some life back.[/spoiler-box]

Mixfortune
Dec 1, 2007, 04:00 AM
Well that's pretty cheap.
Knew about the "How to Read"s but hadn't read them myself yet, so yeah.

foamcup
Dec 1, 2007, 09:19 AM
Yeah.

I've been thinking about it, and I say it would have been amazing if it ended with the death of L and Kira wins.

Weeaboolits
Dec 1, 2007, 10:19 AM
I hard that the author wanted to end it that way, but his boss said no, but I don't know if there's any truth to that or not.

foamcup
Dec 1, 2007, 05:50 PM
I can belive that. Toriyama wanted to end Dragon Ball, but the publisher said no. So he made up Raditz, and then it just went downhill from there.