PDA

View Full Version : please implement the chatpad already!

galaxy
Nov 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
sure 360's have got a headset, but what about in lobbys when your not in a party, or if for various reasons you can't use your headset...i know they said they'd try to implement the chatpad, and i was hoping it would come with AotI, but it hasnt yet, and im sad. i bought it for this game, and am keeping it in hopes that it will be compatible.

is there any information on this? do we know if they're still working on implementing the chatpad?

galaxy
Nov 28, 2007, 02:21 AM
bump anyone know anything about this?

D1ABOLIK
Nov 28, 2007, 02:23 AM
Havent heard anything.Was going to buy one till i found out its not compatible.PSU is the only thing i want to use it for.So until it is compatible i will not be buying it.

________
Mflb vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/portable-vaporizers)

AnamanaAU
Nov 28, 2007, 02:25 AM
What is this "Chat pad"?

beatrixkiddo
Nov 28, 2007, 02:32 AM
It's this:
http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/chatpad.jpg

AnamanaAU
Nov 28, 2007, 02:34 AM
It looks a hell of a lot better than the gamecube keyboard pad.

Zorafim
Nov 28, 2007, 02:34 AM
That's disgusting. Do people actually use that?

Bliven
Nov 28, 2007, 02:35 AM
I would actually use it if it actually worked. lol

Zorafim
Nov 28, 2007, 02:36 AM
You mean that thing that's basically a normal keyboard with a gamecube controller at the ends? Yes, that's pretty bad as well.
What's wrong with using a normal USB keyboard?

AnamanaAU
Nov 28, 2007, 02:45 AM
The SMS generation is outraged at the thought.

Retehi
Nov 28, 2007, 02:53 AM
The only problem I see with that thing, is fat people needing a dialing wand for it.

Or typing wand.

Angelo
Nov 28, 2007, 02:56 AM
On 2007-11-27 23:34, JubeiSaotome wrote:
It looks a hell of a lot better than the gamecube keyboard pad.

I love my Frankentroller :[

AlphaMinotaux
Nov 28, 2007, 04:04 AM
its also bundled with a new type of mic

D1ABOLIK
Nov 28, 2007, 04:09 AM
On 2007-11-27 23:36, Zorafim wrote:

What's wrong with using a normal USB keyboard?

You have to put your controller down.Pick up the keyboard.Than when your done typing put down your keyboard.Than pick your controller back up.Its a 4 hand setup.But i only got 2.

________
Sardinian Cooking (http://www.cooking-chef.com/sardinian/)

AnamanaAU
Nov 28, 2007, 04:21 AM
It's faster to have a keyboard beside you, placing your pad on your lap, type and pick it up than it is to have to relearn how to type with your thumbs.

Carlo210
Nov 28, 2007, 04:21 AM
LOL at the 4 hand setup. That gargantuan add-on is a 4-hand setup. Using a keyboard while having the controller takes a split second. You barely even realize you're doing it. This is coming from someone who played FFXI on the 360.

D1ABOLIK
Nov 28, 2007, 04:30 AM
On 2007-11-28 01:21, JubeiSaotome wrote:
It's faster to have a keyboard beside you, placing your pad on your lap, type and pick it up than it is to have to relearn how to type with your thumbs.

I did that for a while.Its not worth it.To much of a hassle.Would rather have chatpad or just use on screen keyboard than switch between controller and keyboard.

________
Cb1000 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CB1000)

AnamanaAU
Nov 28, 2007, 04:48 AM
Just wait for the Psychic chat if you're that lazy.

Gryffin
Nov 28, 2007, 04:53 AM
On 2007-11-28 01:48, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Just wait for the Psychic chat if you're that lazy.

win.

Nox_
Nov 28, 2007, 05:01 AM
The GC keyboard controller was great, would trade it for PS2 controller+seperate keyboard anyday.

Not seen any GC-PC adapters, anyone use one?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nox_ on 2007-11-28 02:01 ]</font>

galaxy
Nov 28, 2007, 08:39 AM
to be honest, that thing looks like a clunky beast, but once you use it (for other things), its actually quite efficient, much more so that switching back and forth between keyboard and controller. typing with your thumbs isnt hard at all if your already a half-decent typer, and it doesnt add much weight.

don't knock it till you try it.

Rizen
Nov 28, 2007, 08:48 AM
Personally, I would love to have this thing work for PSU and on top of that, even for PC . If they ever do find a way to get the chatpad to work for PC and the microphone with it, the 360 controller would be the ultimate browsing tool for me! I can chill on my bed away from the computer using my analogs for the mouse cursor and the chatpad for keyboard and on top of that, ITS A JOYSTICK.

(T_T I can dream! They got the Wii mote fully function for the PC! Damn Gameguard blocking the driver programs -.-)

DraginHikari
Nov 28, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-11-27 23:32, beatrixkiddo wrote:
It's this:
http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/chatpad.jpg

How in the heck would anyone type anything fast on that tiny thing?

Deucer
Nov 28, 2007, 08:55 AM
I used to question it too.
Then I started using it. It's a pleasant surprise!
Actually quite easy, I don't even have to look down while typing.

Rizen
Nov 28, 2007, 09:04 AM
Its no different than texting on your cellphone especially if you have a sidekick.

TranceZiggy
Nov 28, 2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah.. I played PSO DC, PSO GC and now PSU on BOTH PS2 AND PC, with a controller & keyboard setup.. Just have the keyboard sitting on your lap (even on PC.. I sit on my couch & play PSU PC like a console game), and hold the controller when you play.. Then drop the controller on your lap, RIGHT NEXT TO the keyboard, type, then grab the controller & keep playing. I do it so fast I can play & type at the same time.. It's like second nature and NOT hard at all.

B0Bomb
Nov 28, 2007, 12:36 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-97855017864-Playstation-USB-Keyboard/dp/B00008OQTI/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1196271227&sr=8-29

Im pretty sure you can find these at any Best Buy still. I paid $20 for it, and it works perfectly with 360. I use it for everything now, from naming my music tracks to harassing my friends while they are playing Halo. Its less that 12" across and stores away real easy.

If they ever make a driver download for the chatpad, Ill use that instead, but as it stands now, this little marvel works just fine.

DraginHikari
Nov 28, 2007, 01:29 PM
On 2007-11-28 06:04, Rizen wrote:
Its no different than texting on your cellphone especially if you have a sidekick.

I can't do that very well either XD

Anduril
Nov 28, 2007, 01:34 PM
I have big clumsy thumbs, so I would not consider getting that. I actually find using my Wireless Keyboard is very easy since I usually only type in lulls in the action and only using one hand while I keep running with the other. With my massive thumbs I would probably end up typing l;ike tyhis asl;l threwo timew.

JAFO22000
Nov 28, 2007, 01:40 PM
Everyone who is stating "just use a keyboard" isn't thinking in a broad range. Some people play in their living rooms and don't want a keyboard added to their decor; some people may have to switch from TV to TV, thus making a controller-attached keyboard a godsend; some people have other responsibilites (i.e. kids) and can't have a keyboard sitting in their lap the whole time.

I understand that a keyboard is just as convenient for most people, but please don't bash an item that you feel is not useful just because you'd rather use a USB keyboard. This item will be very convenient for many people out there.

I have no problem using my USB wireless keyboard to type when needed in this game, but sometimes it's ALL the way over on the other side of the coffee table and my cat is sleeping in my lap and I'm too comfortable (lazy?!?!) in my position to get up and get it....I would probably purchase this item if it worked with PSU...

GuardianElite
Nov 28, 2007, 02:21 PM
rather have my controller and keyboard seperate

Mendou
Nov 28, 2007, 03:09 PM
I got so attached to my GC keyboard controller that I'd use it for games other than PSO--even for games where the keyboard did nothing ^_^

ThEoRy
Nov 28, 2007, 03:43 PM
Here's the word on the street. Apparently the chat pad was created in order to allow for easy texting and chatting specifically on the Marvel Universe MMO. Development of that game was plagued from the start. From design to gameplay, the developers were still debating the direction of the game nearly 2 years into it. Things seem to have fallen apart as rumors of a big name first party 360 game being canceled started up earlier in the month. Microsoft obviously knew all about the problems hampering the development of the Marvel MMO. So they decided to recoup some of the losses they incurred from developing the chat pad by adding the windows messenger and xbl chat functionality and releasing it as soon as possible.

Which they did. And this is the reason why they are playing catch up now it would seem. Release the chatpad, make up for their losses, worry about/patch functionality issues later. This is hardly a new business tactic. Kind of expected at this point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I just wish we could get a straight answer about when we'll see some actual functionality.