PDA

View Full Version : My 3rd official "Fuck you ST" rant

amtalx
Nov 28, 2007, 09:20 AM
What the hell is up with all the nerfing. It's one thing if a level or enemy type is horribly out of balance, but when something is simply difficult, that is not a reason to nerf something. LIKE THE FREAKIN BEES. I for one, thought that the bees were a good fit. They were a reason to have rangers in a party, and created balance. The only thing preventing PSU from having entire parties of a single class is the principle that each class can do something the other classes suck at. I guess the fighters didn't like that...so they started bitching. "Waaaaah, we can't hit the beeeeeeees!" So instead of doing the logical thing like, ADDING SOME FUCKING RANGERS, they continued to bitch. So ST, in their typical weak-spined style, caved to the plight of fighters and nerfed the hell out of them. But oh wait! That wasn't enough! Due to the popularity of a certain run, they continued to complain. "Well ST, thanks for the easybees, but we still dont't like them. This is haaaaaaaard!" Once again ST caved. So now we have doublenerfed supereasybees in nerfed maps so that we don't have as many spawns of the doublenerfed supereasybees. WTF. That run had a pretty decent payout at the time. Who would think that a mission with high rewards should be high on difficulty? Fucking morons I guess. People aren't going to be happy until all the enemies cower in fear and commit suicide as soon as you walk in a room. It's ridiculous. Stop bitching, play the game, and stop expecting everything to be handed to you. If you don't want a challenge, go play some fucking solitaire. And if you suck too much at that, nerf the deck and just throw away the cards that you can't use.

Moatoob. This planet was supposed to be hard...until it got FUCKING NERFED. Once some decent missions were released with nice drops, everyone thought "Oh hey, that's some nice stuff. I want some...oh, shit this is hard. I don't want any of that...but I still want the items." So everyone starts menstruating again, and guess what? NERF, because everyone is afraid of a little fire and bosses that don't sit still while you give them a photon facial. Not only was it nerfed, but ST learned from the last time and just made EVERYTHING easier and nerfed the maps while they were at it. Give the baby its bottle, right? It was a stupid notion that the best equipment should he hard to get anyway. "Earn our equipment? Fuck that. I want the boss boxes to appear in the first block".

Apparently death is for suckers. Is loosing everything like Diablo 2 hardcore characters necessary? Certainly not, but there has to be some price to pay for dying. If you die, that means you weren't good enough. But I guess people don't like dying, so all consequences must therefore be removed. Even in PSO, the Synchro on your Mag would drop...at least it was something. Now in PSU it's just "Oh well. LOLOLLLZZZZ!!!Z!!...who's got my moon?" Bullshit. You died. Pay the price. It's pathetic that ST thinks so little of us that we don't even have to keep our faces off the fucking floor for more than 2 minutes at a time to get an S rank.

Expansion time! This would be a great point to balance things out and get back some of the-- FAIL. " Instead of giving something to players of all calibers, let's press the fucking SUPERLOLWTFW00TEASYMODE button!" Nice move ST. You made a mockery of what was already a slack-jawed retard proof game. Fighters can critical whenever the hell they want, even aside from the fact that ST handed them a fucking deathray in the form of a Slicer. Rangers and Forces didn't get as big a slice of the easypie, but they still got a significant increase. One would think that with increased stats and damage, the enemies would receive a similar boost to balance it. Nope. Instead we get increased drop rates and higher rank equipment becomes more readily available, so we can even more easily bludgeon the pathetic hordes that ST has given us.

I can understand boosting/nerfing some PAs or specific weapons here and there, but this is ridiculous. At the very least leave SOMETHING for the players that don't like to waltz through missions.

Fuck you ST.

panzer_unit
Nov 28, 2007, 09:47 AM
You should solo more. It's about as hard as oldschool PSU used to be. 2 people is about what a full party used to be like. 4+ people... I hope you're fast at tagging.

Desert Terror maps got rebalanced again BTW. They're actually really fun now.

DizzyDi
Nov 28, 2007, 09:50 AM
Right on.
I loved Moatoob's difficulty and even as a beast fF I loved the beast; and by that I mean I loved to hate them.
I love a little difficulty in my games. I thought the death penalty was alright when the game first came out: 1 person died and the rank went down. It gave you incentive to work together and keep your teammates alive. But even when they changed it so even if you died you were the only one to suffer I thought it was alright. But now its just way too easy, its retarded.
I'm still gunna enjoy the game but its little things like this that just take away from the experience.
Heres to hoping ST wises up and fixes these, or releases some S3 missions or someshit.

Darkly
Nov 28, 2007, 11:25 AM
You've got to remember it's what jp want not us, that affects gameplay and balance.

The game is too easy now, im having plenty fun though, with all the new things to try etc. if you and one other person party together i think you get enough challenge out of it. But basically a 4-6 man team is just about grabbing experience.

fighters are a much more enjoyable experience now, its just a shame they strengthend characters and weakend monsters, when only the former was needed. Aside from this though SE's inflict really easily on me. My FF just cant kill those 3 svaltus at the end of sleeping warriors because there long range move nearly always causes sleep.

Zorafim
Nov 28, 2007, 11:50 AM
I would argue point by point against your premises, but instead I'll say this one thing.

PSU was never hard, because it didn't require skill. Now skill is actually being used, making the game overall more fun. Not to mention, you're finally seeing reward for the amount of effort you put in. Not only is it not difficult, though, it wasn't meant to be difficult. PSU is a casual game you can pick up at your leisure and stop at your wish, there's no point in making a game like that difficult. If you want a game where you have a harsh penalty for death, enemies ten levels lower than you that can kill you, and otherwise things one would consider "Difficult," there are plenty other games out there you can play.

Darkly
Nov 28, 2007, 12:01 PM
I agree a lot with you zorafim, the games now fun and relaxing to play. It feels more like it works, feels like pso in that im just having fun.

I'm also now no longer punished for challenging myself in this game. You are actually rewarded for playing. Hunting for items is actually viable now to the non-hardcore. I can set out to find items because of the improved drop rates but not having to worry about money now either.

I suppose the games original difficulty attracted more 'hardcore' players, shunned away more relaxed players(pso?)

amtalx
Nov 28, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-11-28 08:50, Zorafim wrote:
I would argue point by point against your premises, but instead I'll say this one thing.

PSU was never hard, because it didn't require skill. Now skill is actually being used, making the game overall more fun. Not to mention, you're finally seeing reward for the amount of effort you put in. Not only is it not difficult, though, it wasn't meant to be difficult. PSU is a casual game you can pick up at your leisure and stop at your wish, there's no point in making a game like that difficult. If you want a game where you have a harsh penalty for death, enemies ten levels lower than you that can kill you, and otherwise things one would consider "Difficult," there are plenty other games out there you can play.

I understand that everyone does things differently to enjoy games. Some like to run and treasure hunt, or get the fastest run times, even simply enjoy the social aspect and don't "play" the game much at all. However, there are other players that like to challenge themselves. It's bullshit that the challenge aspect of the game got a big boot to the junk. And yes, I know I can solo, but what's the point in having a game built around cooperative play if I'm just going to play by myself. Why should all the players that feel like rolling in for a few runs and calling it a day have the game tailored to their taste? Why not provide runs for both? There should be runs of varying difficulty like there used to be. If Desert Goliath is too hard for you, don't run it. If you want a casual run, hang out in GC or run Mad Creatures. Don't bitch about how hard the harder missions are. I agree that the original drop rates were a bit stingy, but that doesn't mean that casual players should have the same chance at getting the best rares as more dedicated players. Simply put, the best players that put in the most effort deserve the best spoils. PSO had its challenges too. Where's the PW#4 equivalent for PSU? Nowhere, because it was nerfed out. If you like casual gameplay, great, but don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Morganna
Nov 28, 2007, 02:59 PM
Come back and say all that stuff again, AFTER you change your main to a protranser.

Mystil
Nov 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
^hahahahahaha

panzer_unit
Nov 28, 2007, 03:44 PM
lol @ protranser being hard

Maybe when you're leveling it up? Does it still start with crazy low stats?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-11-28 12:45 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Nov 28, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-11-28 11:59, Morganna wrote:
Come back and say all that stuff again, AFTER you change your main to a protranser.

You shouldn't have to change your class just to get a challenge out of a game.

VanHalen
Nov 28, 2007, 04:15 PM
On 2007-11-28 11:59, Morganna wrote:

Done it, its still not that difficult. With EX traps you can do a ton of damage and get a status effect too. Especially with the burn EX trap.

Though the death penalty thing was ok since it didn't effect the monsters' stats but I would LOVE if they buff them up a bit since now parties that have 5-6 people aren't even fun anymore, I do parties now we 2-4 people lately. I recently did that Sakura Blast mission on S rank, now I think the enemies there are 90+? Why are they dying in 3 seconds? I'm probably exaggerating a bit but shit got dead fast D:. Also as Dizzy said, I hope there is some S3 missions or maybe an enemy rebalance to get it back to the way it was before.

Zorafim
Nov 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
I soloed Sleeping Serpents S, and it was the most challenge I've ever experienced in the game. This coming after soloing those Kamatozes which could easily wipe you out in one hit. The challenge isn't gone, you just can't experience it with a group.
As for the new weapons, soloing makes you six times more likely to get them if they drop. That looks like a reward to me.

DizzyDi
Nov 28, 2007, 05:26 PM
PSU is an online game. It defeats the purpose of having the game online if you have to solo to find a challenge in the game.
Some of us enjoy socializing and playing with friends, ya know?

Sgt_Shligger
Nov 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
People are missing the point when they say soloing is difficult. Some people want to have a challenge with a larger team. I love a good challenge in this game. . . And I was stoked when the update made it so my Guntecher could actually KILL something. What I'm not pleased about is the fact I switched to Fortegunner and can do more damage with melee weapons then with my guns (in most situations.) Another problem is that I, as a Fortegunner, can waltz around and survive in almost any melee situation. Granted, I can't walk into a group of flame throwing Vandas but I can sure as Hell take a few hits. And as much as I love melee, I shouldn't be able to just muscle my way through enemies with a saber as a ranged class.

Also, anyone who says PT is hard is a big baby. Hell, I can melee all I want as a level 3 Protranser. It's not easy by any means. You have to use some logic. You're given the heavy weapons without the "heavy weapon" stats.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 07:12 PM
FT is more challenging than PT. (to be good at it, that is)

Morganna
Nov 28, 2007, 09:07 PM
Hmm, true...his main is a cast, and he probably doesn't have any techs levelled up...

My point is, I'm tired of all this damn "durr I'm so hardcore and I hate casual gameplay, damn *gaming company* for catering to lazy casual gameplay bawwwww" type whining that I see more and more often. Why is he trying to prove his manhood in a video game anyway? If being strong and skilled is the only way to feel as though you are of any worth as a human being (don't deny it OP, you wouldn't feel this strongly if the nerfs weren't an attack on your personal identity as a ZOMG HARDCORE), then why not do something that really tests your skill and strength?

AlexCraig
Nov 28, 2007, 11:14 PM
Where is that coming from? His rant sounds to me like he is just upset that a game that once gave him a nice challenge is now too simple for his likes. It is understandable.

DizzyDi
Nov 28, 2007, 11:36 PM
On 2007-11-28 18:07, Morganna wrote:
Hmm, true...his main is a cast, and he probably doesn't have any techs levelled up...

My point is, I'm tired of all this damn "durr I'm so hardcore and I hate casual gameplay, damn *gaming company* for catering to lazy casual gameplay bawwwww" type whining that I see more and more often. Why is he trying to prove his manhood in a video game anyway? If being strong and skilled is the only way to feel as though you are of any worth as a human being (don't deny it OP, you wouldn't feel this strongly if the nerfs weren't an attack on your personal identity as a ZOMG HARDCORE), then why not do something that really tests your skill and strength?

WHOOSH!
Thats the sound of the point of the OP going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over your head.

amtalx
Nov 29, 2007, 12:12 AM
On 2007-11-28 18:07, Morganna wrote:

Yes my main is a Cast. And my techer is all 21+ for attack techs and I'm working on 31+ support for Acrotecher. I'm not sure what that had to do with anything...

I'm not trying to "assert my masculinity". If I wanted to do that, I'd be posting solo times and mocking people who have less DPS than me (of which I know neither). I have no interest in trying to be better than another player. As I stated before, everyone plays this game for a different reason. I have a good PSO friend that transferred over to PSU, and spends more money on clothes and makeovers than weapons. Do I mock him? No, because we don't have to pay our 9.99/month for the same reason. If everyone was after the same thing in this game, it would be boring. I just want ST to stop ruining the reason that I play the game. The first time I ran Desert Goliath, I got my ass handed to me. I died so many times that I abandoned before then end of the 2nd block. However, I didn't complain that it was too hard or think that it should be made easier. I went off, ran some more appropriate missions, leveled my skills, and came back much later with a solid group. We were able to finish with an S rank and pick up some nice loot along the way. Even though I got smoked the first time around, I still enjoyed it because I was able to accomplish a fairly difficult goal (at least in my mind). I don't look down on other players for being casual, you shouldn't look down on me for being dedicated. I don't see why trying to be the best that I can be (even at a game) makes me less of a person. I have a career and a family just like every other average Joe out there. How I choose to spend my spare time is no less valid than yours.

Sord
Nov 29, 2007, 12:40 AM
Companies often sell to the lowest common denominator. If that means making things easy, they'll do it. To them it's just profit.

Morganna
Nov 29, 2007, 01:42 AM
It is bad to be lazy, yes? It is bad to be wimpy, yes? Is that not what you are saying about the people who complained about the difficulty?

MrNomad
Nov 29, 2007, 02:08 AM
Is the game alittle easier? Yeah. Is it more enjoyable? Yeah. It's just that simple. I wouldn't go back to PSU original for the life of me, regardless of the challenge it has, because AoI makes the game a lot more fun. I'd rather do Moatoob with the JA system then go back to mashing buttons the old-fashioned way, taking half an hour to down mobs ya know?

Uncle_bob
Nov 29, 2007, 03:29 AM
They need to implement a system that makes enemies stronger when there are more people in a team. You guys probably already said that, though.

Darkly
Nov 29, 2007, 05:59 AM
was it in pso, where the size of your party affected how many monsters you fight?

either way uncle_bob's solution is perfect, harder/more enemies as party size increase = more exp and more chances to get rares, this is equalled out because there is 6 of you.

Mwabwetumba
Nov 29, 2007, 06:01 AM
Diablo 2 among other games had that system. It even said so on the top of the screen when someone either left or joined the game.

"*character name* (*account name*) has joined the game. Diablo's minions grow stronger." Vice versa if a person left.

It worked pretty well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

amtalx
Nov 29, 2007, 07:43 AM
On 2007-11-28 22:42, Morganna wrote:
It is bad to be lazy, yes? It is bad to be wimpy, yes? Is that not what you are saying about the people who complained about the difficulty?

That's not what I'm saying. In fact, a large portion of my previous post is saying quite the opposite. What I am saying is that if a mission is too hard, run something else...much like I do if I can't handle it. Then come back when you are better prepared. There used to be easy, medium, and hard missions. Now it's just LOLWUT? and easy missions because ST saw fit to completely remove the concept of upper tier missions.

mizukage
Nov 29, 2007, 08:17 AM
I haven't been on the forum for awhile and it seems that things are still the same.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

What's with the strong hatred towards ST about anyways?? A third f*** rant? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Zorak000
Nov 29, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-11-28 14:26, DizzyDi wrote:
PSU is an online game. It defeats the purpose of having the game online if you have to solo to find a challenge in the game.
Some of us enjoy socializing and playing with friends, ya know?

I agree wholeheartedly.

Para
Nov 29, 2007, 07:54 PM
I understand the need for a challenge.. I mean when you get super buffed you wanta know you're overcoming a decent challenge that others can't do as welll which isn't the case right now since it's on easymode lol.

I hope they rigg Ultimate mode in PSU so that its almost like version 2 ultimate mode where the damage formula = broken.