PDA

View Full Version : GRM A Rank Daggers -- Are these stats correct?

Pengfishh
Nov 28, 2007, 06:06 PM
According to the database, GRM daggers have only slightly more Att than Yohmeis and worse everything else (except fucking style).

Is it so? Not that I have many good Yohmei daggers, nor do I like the way they look at all, but damn, I was hoping the GRMs would have significantly more Att at least, as this is the case with almost all GRM weapons.

So what's the deal!

-Xios-
Nov 28, 2007, 06:13 PM
Well I use all the GRM daggers now because I pretty much like the way they look... The stats don't matter much to me, I pretty much do the same dmg out put, but in style. =P

Pengfishh
Nov 28, 2007, 06:18 PM
That's my motivation, certainly, but it seems odd considering the new Yohmei Sabers being significantly less powerful than GRMs, yet new GRM Daggers don't have much of an edge up other than being super awesome looking. I've always preferred the GRM daggers anyway. Still use a bunch of Survivors.

But where's the real love?

norrisj15
Nov 28, 2007, 06:20 PM
r u comparing the 8* to the 9*?

Schubalts
Nov 28, 2007, 06:29 PM
For low base ATP weapons, every point in ATP counts.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 06:30 PM
Yohmei's daggers > GRM's daggers

Kamiense
Nov 28, 2007, 06:42 PM
I love GRM's daggers, but the stats are right.

SolomonGrundy
Nov 28, 2007, 06:42 PM
seems that even though there are multiple makes for every weapon there are *favored* makers for certain weapon types. Yohemi's daggers are better, because for twin daggers it's all about PP, and ATA, NOT about ATP.

for sabers, it's all about ATP, and ATA, and *not* about PP - for that reason GRM is the preferred saber.

Pengfishh
Nov 28, 2007, 06:43 PM
I'm comparing Dark Straal to Mimimi-zashi. 19 ATP difference in favor of the DS, but the sleepy dagger blows it away in every other category. Just seems silly is all. Oh well. I will trade in all my Yohmeis still.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-11-28 15:30, Remedy wrote:

Lies.

Pengfishh
Nov 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
Super lies!

Dragwind
Nov 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
Grind the 8*. The att jump becomes noticeable and where it should be.

pokefiend
Nov 28, 2007, 07:01 PM
Yohmei's daggers < Grm's daggers

fixed

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 07:02 PM
lolno

GRM's daggers look retarded. If they were shorter, then they'd be fine, but they look far too long to be wieldable.

Pengfishh
Nov 28, 2007, 07:03 PM
Little Sabers!

Remedy
Then they shouldn't be held backwards like you're trying to look like some sort of wanna-be gangster or something.

Mikura
On 2007-11-28 15:42, SolomonGrundy wrote:
seems that even though there are multiple makes for every weapon there are *favored* makers for certain weapon types. Yohemi's daggers are better, because for twin daggers it's all about PP, and ATA, NOT about ATP.

for sabers, it's all about ATP, and ATA, and *not* about PP - for that reason GRM is the preferred saber.

I prefer GRMs for aesthetic reasons and I feel they are indeed superior than the Yohmei daggers.

Honestly, why should PP make Yohmeis better? Since you can regen PP via meleeing, I never have any problem running out of PP anymore and more ATP is never a bad thing.

Pengfishh
Nov 28, 2007, 07:04 PM
Gangster Sabers!

Xaeris
Nov 28, 2007, 07:29 PM
PP is a pretty laughable stat these days, as is ATA for an AF or FI. So I'm actually of the opinion that the Lumiess Blau and Blumier are better than the Katsuno and Shiratsuno, especially with grinds where the ATP difference really begins to express itself.

Plus, GRMs are just plain effing *cooler*. Even their names; c'mon, Lumiess Blau, that just commands respect. Probably should have been Bleu, but still.

Freshellent
Nov 28, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-11-28 16:03, Remedy wrote:
Then they shouldn't be held backwards like you're trying to look like some sort of wanna-be gangster or something.

What?

Mikura
Nov 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
On 2007-11-28 16:29, Xaeris wrote:
PP is a pretty laughable stat these days, as is ATA for an AF or FI. So I'm actually of the opinion that the Lumiess Blau and Blumier are better than the Katsuno and Shiratsuno, especially with grinds where the ATP difference really begins to express itself.

Plus, GRMs are just plain effing *cooler*. Even their names; c'mon, Lumiess Blau, that just commands respect. Probably should have been Bleu, but still.

I absolutely agree. Everything about the GRM daggers appeal to me. PP is last on my priorities now as an FF. I'm replacing all my Yohmei twin claws and GRM swords with Tenoras for that reason as well. PP just isn't an issue anymore.

I do have some friends that think Yohmei look better though so I guess it's personal preference what you like better.

Mystil
Nov 28, 2007, 07:38 PM
All brands on all weapons seem to follow this pattern

ATP
Tenora > GRM > Yohmei

ATA
GRM > Yohmei > Tenora

PP
Yohmei > GRM > Tenora

The release of A rank GRM/Tenora, opens up a lot of options for style customization. So none of three are particularly bad.

Mikura
Nov 28, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-11-28 16:38, Mystil wrote:
All brands on all weapons seem to follow this pattern

ATP
Tenora > GRM > Yohmei

ATA
GRM > Yohmei > Tenora

PP
Yohmei > GRM > Tenora

The release of A rank GRM/Tenora, opens up a lot of options for style customization. So none of three are particularly bad.

Right, it just depends on your play style. I like how we have more A rank options now. It allows players to diversify more and personalize their weapon pallette better.

KamiSori
Nov 28, 2007, 07:46 PM
pp is no longer very important. hooray for AoI!!!

Starrz
Nov 28, 2007, 07:53 PM
Wrong. Tenora seems to always have more Acc. than other makers.

Deissa
Nov 28, 2007, 09:45 PM
And apart from the ATP, GRM's A rank daggers excel in range compared to Yohmei's, and that's what sold them for me.

Chaobo99
Nov 28, 2007, 11:23 PM
Looks>Performance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyways,Yea,they're not all THAT strong..After all they aren't tenora....They are the Balanced...And they ARE twin daggers..they don't have THAT much ATP to begin with

Arcturus
Nov 28, 2007, 11:34 PM
On 2007-11-28 16:32, Icespike wrote:

On 2007-11-28 16:03, Remedy wrote:

What?

Haha, was thinking the same thing. Dammit, I want to be able to hold my handgun sideways like RAmarls! I wanna be a GANGSTA!

DraginHikari
Nov 29, 2007, 12:20 AM
The descirption of the daggers mentions upgrade so I assume they're real potentinal lies in grinding.

Pengfishh
Nov 29, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-11-28 20:23, Chaobo99 wrote:
Looks>Performance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyways,Yea,they're not all THAT strong..After all they aren't tenora....They are the Balanced...And they ARE twin daggers..they don't have THAT much ATP to begin with

I was worried more for single Daggers. You're very right about Twins, however, as I notice very little difference in damage from Last Survivor to Katsuno-zashi.

Retehi
Nov 29, 2007, 12:34 AM
I didn't know holding daggers backwards made you "gangster".

Pengfishh
Nov 29, 2007, 12:36 AM
Apparently it does! I feel it!!

HFlowen
Nov 29, 2007, 12:38 AM
Damn it feels good to be a gansta...

Ha, I have to rent office space again.

Gunslinger-08
Nov 29, 2007, 01:27 AM
they sound like elbow blades to me

Gryffin
Nov 29, 2007, 01:36 AM
I won't be satisfied 'til we get Tenora A-S rank Daggers, and A-S rank cards. ><

Tenora weps are lub<3

Remedy
Nov 29, 2007, 01:42 AM
Eh, at least Tenora design is better than GRM.

Kubara > Yohmei > Tenora > Martha Stewart Home Weapons > GRM

DraginHikari
Nov 29, 2007, 02:08 AM
I actually like the GRM designs.

Aviendha
Nov 29, 2007, 02:53 AM
On 2007-11-28 22:42, Remedy wrote:
Eh, at least Tenora design is better than GRM.

Kubara > Yohmei > Tenora > Martha Stewart Home Weapons > GRM

I find it a bit scary how often I agree with Remedy recently. Next thing you know I'll be switching to FT and liking Rods and Nos techs.

Seriously though, the stat difference on Daggers and Twins Daggers is so laughable that you should just use whatever you think looks coolest.

As far as PP being worthless, keep in mind that the Yohmei weapons also recharge faster from normal hits as well. But if I don't care if everyone else switches to GRM/Tenora, it just means cheaper Yohmei gear for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Remedy
Nov 29, 2007, 03:14 AM
On 2007-11-28 23:53, Aviendha wrote:
But if I don't care if everyone else switches to GRM/Tenora, it just means cheaper Yohmei gear for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifI wouldn't assume that quite yet. No one, for example, is synthesizing Rabol Asteds, which makes me furious, since it's the best damned armor for non-CASTs out there. =/

Zabrio
Nov 29, 2007, 06:32 AM

I agree

Dragwind
Nov 29, 2007, 06:37 AM
I still stand firm, GRM daggers ftw.

(and I have sets of 7*, 8*, and 9* Yohmei's of all kinds. Still prefer GRM)

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2007, 08:19 AM
Actually.. I always saw the companies like this:

GRM = All-balanced/in-between.
Yohmei = High PP, low attack.
Tenora = High Attack, low PP.

Pengfishh
Nov 29, 2007, 09:10 AM
And that's the thing, Ryuki. The GRMs don't seem to be in between anything, they just seem strangely lacking in everything but the small bit of Att they have over Yohmei. BUT! Come Friday or Saturday, when I finally get AoI, I'm gonna Straal it up, grind that sweet bitch, and then we'll know who is champion of Gangster Blades.

Hank
Nov 29, 2007, 12:25 PM
MOD EDIT: Warning +1. Do not attack other users in this way, EVER.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-11-29 10:37 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Nov 29, 2007, 12:58 PM
<< I've found that the GRM dagger(s) only look horrible if they're used on a smaller-than-average character. On Xenith, they look amazing. On Kyo, they're horrific. Grinded though, their stats are pretty good, with PP/ATP being right where they should be compared to their Yohmei counterparts.

And I can't believe people are still complaining about the atp difference between daggers and twin daggers! XD Twins have lower atp FOR A REASON: there two blades that attack twice as often. If they each had the same atp it'd be an unbalanced weapon. Per hit they do less, but at the end of the combo you end up with about the same damage output.

Lyric
Nov 29, 2007, 01:25 PM
There's really not much difference between the two company's daggers really. I use both. I have two Blumiers with a third in the oven, and still have a single shiratsuno zashi, which is grinded to 4. If I grinded my Blumiers to 4 as well, then their wouldn't be too big of a difference in any department. Slightly higher ATP on the Blumier, with maybe just a smidge less PP and Acc. It's just down to style I guess.

Zashi's stats 4/10
PP- 346
Att-407
Acc-303

Blumier stats 0/10
PP -283
Att-412
Acc-272

XenithFlare
Nov 29, 2007, 01:32 PM
Slightly higher atp on the Blumier? You do realize that a 0/10 Blumier has 5 more atp than a 4/10 Shiratsuno? If you take that Blumier to +4, it ends up with an atp of 439, which is about on par with the two companies. Compare evenly grinded weapons for a more accurate comparison. None of the GRM/Yohmei weapons have a HUGE difference in stats, they're all slight.

Lyric
Nov 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
So you argue with me just to agree with me? Seems like a waste of energy.

Pengfishh
Nov 29, 2007, 08:05 PM
He argued for a more fair (fairer!) comparison.

MrBeans
Nov 29, 2007, 08:12 PM
I still like my yohmei daggers, but it doesn't matter since my yohmei daggers are S rank =p.

(And I still like having more photons so I can do crazy moves with my weapons for longer)

Mikura
Nov 29, 2007, 08:50 PM
Bottom line, stats between Yohmei and GRM are so slight that it simply boils down to what you think looks better. I doubt anyone in the game is going to complain that you're using GRMs ahead of Yohmeis and vice versa.

I also disagree with Remedy. Not that I'm in love with all GRM products but aesthetically, they tend to be simple and sleek which I personally like for some of the weapons. Some manufacturers just look a little TOO lavish. Yohmei knuckles and twin handguns come to mind. o.O I actually would love to see some GRM A rank knuckles.

Hokokaru
Nov 29, 2007, 08:57 PM
from a few ages back

Yohmei's daggers < SUCK
there i fix'd it....

Dragwind
Nov 29, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-11-29 10:32, XenithFlare wrote:
Slightly higher atp on the Blumier? You do realize that a 0/10 Blumier has 5 more atp than a 4/10 Shiratsuno? If you take that Blumier to +4, it ends up with an atp of 439, which is about on par with the two companies. Compare evenly grinded weapons for a more accurate comparison. None of the GRM/Yohmei weapons have a HUGE difference in stats, they're all slight.

*Ahem*, QFT.

Also, grinded GRM daggers come relatively close to the Yohmei S rank daggers stock stats btw.