PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Gaozoran Rod in AoI Question

Neith
Nov 28, 2007, 08:18 PM
I've got a Gaozoran Rod board in storage, but I couldn't synth yet because of the large amount of Gaozoran Rod materials needed.

Recently I noticed the Gaozoran Rod gained a +100TP boost in AoI, so I was considering getting together the materials. What I want to know is, in AoI is it still seven rod materials to create, or has the amount been lowered at all?

I'll probably just trade it off if it's still 7, but I wanted to ask before I threw it in my PM/shop.

Cheers.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah, it's still 7 materials. FT weapons always cost metric fucktons of meseta to synth, you should be used to this by now.

And meleers cry about Catilium and Morbinia. They don't have any ground to complain whatsoever. =/

Neith
Nov 28, 2007, 08:25 PM
Bleh, I only have two Materials, and there's no way in hell im farming for, or buying another 5 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ah well, guess this goes to the tradelist http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif , thanks Remedy.

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, no problem. That's the same reason I gave up on having Gaozoran Rods as my buff/debuff rods and figured I'd just get two more Psycho Wands for that purpose.

But then again, with Relic Edges at 500k a pop and Diads hovering around 3 million, I doubt I'll even synth my first one, much less six. Meleers need to quit their fucking bitching about Catilium and Morbinia being "expensive" when they only need 3 of the former and 15 of the latter.

Parn
Nov 28, 2007, 08:40 PM
On 2007-11-28 17:21, Remedy wrote:
And meleers cry about Catilium and Morbinia. They don't have any ground to complain whatsoever. =/
Except for the fact that tech weapons only have to be synthed once and you're done. Melee weapons have to be synthed over, and over, and over, and over in order to get a 50% weapon.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 28, 2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, or at least 6 times to get one of each element.

Rashiid
Nov 28, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, it's still 7 materials. FT weapons always cost metric fucktons of meseta to synth, you should be used to this by now.

I know.
I just found a Psycho Wand board not too long ago (was an accident, I'm leveling zonde at SW S2 because idk any other place) and these pieces are insane to buy!

I could sell my Gao rod, but.....

Telina
Nov 28, 2007, 09:04 PM
yea, if you can though, get a gao rod and grind it, i got mine to 5/8 and its comparable to the psycho wand. I'm just glad i saw we needed 7 of the wands before the cup hit, i bought up 7 while they were all 100-250K http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif best investment in my PSU life.

-Ryuki-
Nov 28, 2007, 09:21 PM
50%'s aren't that great anymore. I'd be satisfied if my S rank even came out, period.

If anything, anyone who's wanting a Psychowand or Gaozoran Rod, has it worse than we do. I say that because even if they had all of the synth mats, there's a good chance they'd still be able to fail it, and then all that, for nothing.

Telina
Nov 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
The failing part isn't entirely true, since AOI boosted the synth rates to 99%, although, sega has shown us that just cause its a high humber, doesn't not mean its an easy make.

But in reference to the 50% weapons for hunters, thats partly why (atleast i think) they changed the elemental formula. Its much harder for a force to have a customized and personalized pallete, most every force has a halarod or two already. and they'll only be more frequently found in the upcomming missions. My Gao rod is the only thing (shot of my spells) that really distinguish me from other forces.

Not to mention that forces get only 2 S rank weapons for their class's purpose. Fighters and rangers have many more choices for their damage methods.

Back on topic, i agree that the number of items are exceptionally high when makeing higher grade casting weapons. and they should be delt with. but making crap like dieads drop like booma claws isn't going to solve the problem. though it might, with the psycho wand becomming an AOI area drop, diad prices and maybe relic edges are going to sky rocket. Morbina and Catilium got nothing on it lol

Parn
Nov 28, 2007, 09:53 PM
Just checked, diads are 400K or so on 360. Guess it's partly an economy issue.

Telina
Nov 28, 2007, 09:54 PM
yeppers, only gonna get worse too, once the boards are plentiful, everyone's going to want one and the ingredients' prices are going to skyrocket

RemiusTA
Nov 28, 2007, 09:58 PM
metric fucktons

+50 for awesomest exaggeration ive seen in ages

Remedy
Nov 28, 2007, 10:12 PM
On 2007-11-28 18:58, RemiusTA wrote:
+50 for awesomest exaggeration ive seen in agesI don't see how 66 million meseta per weapon being considered a "metric fucton" when it's 2/3rds of what a person can have period is an exaggeration. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif