PDA

View Full Version : EP2: Offline vs Online story

QuidProQuo
Nov 28, 2007, 09:29 PM
I'm curious, I have only played the PSU1 offline story so far. I want to continue the story.

From what I understood the order goes like this: PSU1 Offline(ep1), PSU1 Online(ep2), AotI Online(ep3).

Am I right?

I just want to get the most out of what I can out of the story so is it better to play episode 2 online or offline? I want all the voice acting and cutscenes, ect.

So how can I get the best and most rounded experience for episode 2? By going online or offline? I don't care if only online continues to ep3 I just want to focus on episode 2 for now.

Ken_Silver
Nov 28, 2007, 09:34 PM
From my point of view, there is little to no difference between playine episode 2 online and offline. The only difference is if you're playing episode 2 on the original PSU, then there will be a missing scene (and I mean one. The expansion doesn't add as much cutscenes as you would think) In the end though, I'd recommend playing it offline ,because there is a lot of content available offline than there is online (right now. By this I mean PA's and clothing).

Hyper_Rappy
Nov 28, 2007, 09:35 PM
As far as i know they are the same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Sinue_v2
Nov 28, 2007, 09:38 PM
Ep II is both online and offline in AoI. It is online only in PSU Ep I. Ep III is exclusive to AoI online.

If you haven't played Ep II yet, I'd suggest doing it offline since you get the cutscenes. I played Chapter 10 earlier on AoI online and saw the same generic game-engine cutscenes. So you get more bang for your buck offline for now, especially since you get to check out some of the content that won't be available online for several more months.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-11-28 18:39 ]</font>

RemiusTA
Nov 28, 2007, 10:04 PM
theres more than one extra scene in ep.2 AotI, you guys.

QuidProQuo
Nov 28, 2007, 10:05 PM
Ah, I see.
So offline has more clothes, photon arts to choose from and cutscenes where as online is missing all of that for now?

Also, when you say game-engine custscenes do you mean the ones with the dialogue bubbles? I heard those have voice acting for EP2 in AotI, right? And if thats true is that included in both online and offline or is that another thing online doesn't have?

I could deal with the missing clothes and photon arts but if online doesn't even get the cutscenes then I guess I'll just stick to offline and save the monthly for now.

Thank everyone for putting up with all my questions and such and helping me make a decision. I'm surprised offline has much more, though.

Ken_Silver
Nov 28, 2007, 10:07 PM
On 2007-11-28 19:04, RemiusTA wrote:
theres more than one extra scene in ep.2 AotI, you guys.

there is? I played through both modes and I only noticed one... oh yeah there is one more that i know of. Making a total of two. If there are more, please let me know. I'll play it over until I can see them all.

Alisha
Nov 29, 2007, 01:01 AM
if i had to guess id say theres 3 new cgi cutscenes.

the first one with laia. the one where you see all the shuttles going to the hive and the one reguarding guardians colony.

QuidProQuo
Nov 29, 2007, 03:10 AM
Wait, I started playing but I noticed there are no voices for the regular scenes with chat bubbles. Is this correct or is there a bug?

Psycho_Sonic
Nov 29, 2007, 03:24 AM
Nope, that's correct. Shows all the hard work Sega's been doing. Good ol' Sega.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Psycho_Sonic on 2007-11-29 00:25 ]</font>

QuidProQuo
Nov 29, 2007, 03:30 AM
Wow that pisses me off quite a bit. If they weren't even going to do that why did it take so long for the English version to come out. Do they plan to add this later or something?

I wish there was a way I could at least get Japanese voices with English chat bubbles.

So its like this online and offline?

Weeaboolits
Nov 29, 2007, 03:44 AM
I think voices were omitted from cut-scenes due to the fact that they say your character's name a lot, this would be simpler to deal with in Japanese due to its being based on syllables, but this is just a guess.

QuidProQuo
Nov 29, 2007, 04:00 AM
I would of rather had a name given to me or a nickname then they just not give us voices at all. Honestly, theres lots of methods they could of chosen and not doing voices at all just because they couldn't figure out a way just looks plain lazy to me.

Zorafim
Nov 29, 2007, 04:15 AM
They hardly even acknowledge you in this story. If they were going to get rid of the voices for a reason such as that, they could have just pretended you weren't even there. You know, more than they already have.

DAMASCUS
Nov 29, 2007, 04:23 AM
Japanese voices with english subtitles would have been better. Oh but wait, that would just highlight their blatant favoritism. Although we wouldn't even have AOTI if it weren't so popular over there; eats foot.

YUKI_N
Nov 29, 2007, 04:31 AM
They didn't bother dubbing the game because 360 users werent getting the new offline mode anyways, and the PC/PS2 versions of the game MIGHT sell 5,000 copies total, if they're lucky

Immortal44
Nov 29, 2007, 01:16 PM
I played the first chapter with the japanese version playing on youtube so I basically got japanese voices with english dialogue. Worked really well, until I found they only had the first chapter on youtube... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

zemog
Nov 29, 2007, 02:52 PM
I felt the same anger as you... exact same... I was expecting MUCH more... but I think YUKI_N here...

On 2007-11-29 01:31, YUKI_N wrote:
They didn't bother dubbing the game because 360 users werent getting the new offline mode anyways, and the PC/PS2 versions of the game MIGHT sell 5,000 copies total, if they're lucky

...hit the nail on the head when explaining why we got what we got.

But I'm still very dissapointed... I personally loved the production values of Ep1, and found the characters very lovable... even if it made for a "bad Phantasy Star story"... (I loved it for what it was.)

But regardless, I'm playing through the story mode and now loving it. Too bad I'm not gonna see any of the new AotI areas until I finish the story and choose to explore them offline, or maybe online.