PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to deactivate floor traps?

ANIMEniac
Nov 29, 2007, 03:02 AM
cause as a PT there is no use seeing them if u cant deactivate them to save the party =/

Uncle_bob
Nov 29, 2007, 03:14 AM
Not at all, that would make sense. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Weeaboolits
Nov 29, 2007, 03:57 AM
Just tell your party where it is so they can go around it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

RedMussel
Nov 29, 2007, 04:29 AM
Cant protranser see them, and after doing the mission with them you kinda get use to where they are.

darthplagis
Nov 29, 2007, 04:46 AM
walk into them and have sum1 shoot u out LOL

Sexy_Raine
Nov 29, 2007, 04:54 AM
There is a little trick you can do to escape out of trap by yourself. As soon as you step on a trap, use the shotgun and shoot yourself out of it. It a fairly difficult time-frame to do though. :

Sadly, they can't be destroyed unactivated

PhdChristmas
Nov 29, 2007, 06:59 AM
I believe the whole reason to allowing PT's to see traps is so they can walk into them before other group members find them. Adding more utility to the PT class.

CelestialBlade
Nov 29, 2007, 07:37 AM
Seems more useful for soloing than anything else, but it at least tells you right where the traps are so you can quickly whip out your goggles to alert everyone else.

Tekershee
Nov 29, 2007, 08:03 AM
I thought you just use your goggles to activate them, then shoot them..?

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2007, 08:16 AM
Couldn't you aim down and shoot them yourself? I mean, they gave us goggles for a reason.

drizzle
Nov 29, 2007, 08:34 AM
Well you wait near the trap till a team member walks in it, then you shoot it.

Broodstar1337
Nov 29, 2007, 10:32 AM
No. You wait for the teammate to run into it and then say you're not even a PT to begin with.

BFGfreak
Nov 29, 2007, 12:07 PM
I have a little FG trick, use spiral dance right next to the trap. the first thing your char does when you use Spiral Dance is step forward, which activates the trap, then the 3 hit attack happens, which frees you, and destroys the trap in the process.

DrEngrish
Nov 29, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-11-29 05:16, RyukiZero wrote:
Couldn't you aim down and shoot them yourself? I mean, they gave us goggles for a reason.

QFT, its extreamly easy to use the googles, and if you dont want them on your pallet, you can just go into first person and click your trigger button. ( forget what it is on KB )

Weeaboolits
Nov 29, 2007, 12:20 PM
Protransers don't get double sabers, though, do they?

Edit: I don't think goggles will do anything to those, at least they don't offline, unless these traps are different from the ones I'm thinking of. I just guide one of my NPCs into it then shoot the trap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-11-29 09:22 ]</font>

Rizen
Nov 29, 2007, 01:22 PM
If I recall, you can not shoot the traps even with goggles. Unless you have to aim at a specific point, I don't think you can.

On 2007-11-29 09:07, BFGfreak wrote:
I have a little FG trick, use spiral dance right next to the trap. the first thing your char does when you use Spiral Dance is step forward, which activates the trap, then the 3 hit attack happens, which frees you, and destroys the trap in the process.

I have a similar strategy on my WT and Gunners.

With my WT, I will walk into a trap and use Shousen (1h Claw PA) to break it. On my Gunners, I use a shotgun and fire it as soon as I hear the trap go off.

Weeaboolits
Nov 29, 2007, 01:55 PM
I usually only get caught in the ones in Rozenem, since they don't stick out of the ground at all. I usually only get caught in the other ones if I get punched by a jarba or something, which always fun when that happens. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

-Ryuki-
Nov 29, 2007, 02:00 PM
If people constantly get caught by the traps, then something's wrong with the player.

ANIMEniac
Nov 29, 2007, 02:31 PM
i think some ppl are confused. that traps i speak of are the kind that you walk over then they spring up a gate around you. these type you cannot shoot to deactivate even when you ID them on the ground. i think i will try to practice that shotgun tech so i can gut walkin and take out all the traps ^_^.

3nascar3fan3
Nov 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
if i am correct only PT can see them at first but if they use their googles then it shows up to everybody in the party

this reminds me of the trap in Lighting Beasts where you walk though a door and there is a small rectangular room with no enimies and just a door straight ahead (i think it is at the end of block 2) and there is a trap right in the center and this one guy i would party with would run ahead and sit down and enjoy the shop because some N00b (including me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif would always run into it

and those @#$!*& traps move over so as soon as you are close to it it springs on you incredablly annoying when you are fighting jarbas (reffering to 1up cup moatoob mission during friendship test right before the end)

Weeaboolits
Nov 29, 2007, 07:55 PM
offline, the ones in rozenom city are completely invisible, the other ones stick out of the ground a little.

I hate the ceiling spikes, I kept getting hit by them until I realized I could hit them with my slicer. >.>;

Aviendha
Nov 30, 2007, 10:03 AM
Doesn't help PT any, but:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-U2DsGf5t5Q

Weeaboolits
Nov 30, 2007, 11:58 AM
Well, that's a stylish way to disarm them. ;o