PDA

View Full Version : No advanced classes offline? Why the heck not?

MagicPink
Nov 29, 2007, 11:12 PM
What in the hell is the point of not having the advanced classes available for offline mode? Can someone explain this to me?

Rayshin
Nov 29, 2007, 11:14 PM
i think b/c most of the weapons that are available in advanced classes are already available to you in offline mode, there would be no reason to switch classes

YUKI_N
Nov 29, 2007, 11:14 PM
Because sega felt like it

MagicPink
Nov 29, 2007, 11:15 PM
Why do I keep giving this company money? Maybe that's a better question to ask.

Zorafim
Nov 29, 2007, 11:16 PM
Why would they add advanced classes is a better question. As it stands, I wish I had a class that had what Hunter has offline. S ranks to every melee weapon (Almost every), and A rank access to madoogs. Great stuff.

YUKI_N
Nov 29, 2007, 11:16 PM
Why does this bug you so much? Offline classes can already use S rank in everything related to them, they're far better than the online classes

MagicPink
Nov 29, 2007, 11:18 PM
But don't the advanced classes get bigger stat bonuses? There must be some bonus to using them.

Ryoki
Nov 29, 2007, 11:18 PM
On 2007-11-29 20:16, Zorafim wrote:
Why would they add advanced classes is a better question. As it stands, I wish I had a class that had what Hunter has offline. S ranks to every melee weapon (Almost every), and A rank access to madoogs. Great stuff.

I know, I'm loving it. And also loving the Twin Claw PA.

rogue_robot
Nov 29, 2007, 11:20 PM
Because offline's cool like that.

No, seriously. Having those classes in offline would (1) suck, on account of higher weapon restrictions, limiting character customization, and (2) would upset character transferrals from PSU v1. Offline HUnters and RAngers are allowed to use Techs, etc., because all classes are meant to solo capable. Online, to encourage teamwork, classes are far more restricted in their capabilities.

Crazy_Hunter
Nov 29, 2007, 11:21 PM
Wands and Jabroga... A deadly combination, one too broken for online use (considering Jabroga offline has nearly 550% ATP offline on lvl 1) XD

KRKcl17
Nov 29, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-11-29 20:16, YUKI_N wrote:
Why does this bug you so much? Offline classes can already use S rank in everything related to them, they're far better than the online classes

Sinue_v2
Nov 29, 2007, 11:37 PM
Sonic Team deserves to catch hell on a great deal of things, but this isn't one of them. The answer is simple, really. Think about it for a second. When you're online, you join parties of up to six players. Classes online are designed to give each player their place in the party and to promote teamwork. In offline mode, you're playing single player. The AI sucks, but even if it was good, it still wouldn't be highly dependable. So the basic classes in offline mode are there to provide three different focus playstyles (depending on if you like guns, magic, or melee) - while also giving you the versatility to handle all the roles normally filled by a full party - by yourself.

mizukage
Nov 30, 2007, 01:26 AM
Actually, there is advanced classes in the offline:

Hunter = Fighmaster
Ranger = Gunmaster
Force = Masterforce

Each respective class can use their respective all S-rank weapons. Advanced class? This is it, unless you are expecting to find the ultimate tier in which one class can wield S-rank of every weapon in the PSuniverse, then no.

February
Nov 30, 2007, 01:51 AM
On 2007-11-29 20:18, MagicPink wrote:
But don't the advanced classes get bigger stat bonuses? There must be some bonus to using them.

The offline stats are much higher than the online stats even with out the bonuses.

A2K
Nov 30, 2007, 03:52 AM
On 2007-11-29 22:26, mizukage wrote:

Hunter = Fighmaster
Ranger = Gunmaster
Force = Masterforce

Each respective class can use their respective all S-rank weapons. Advanced class? This is it, unless you are expecting to find the ultimate tier in which one class can wield S-rank of every weapon in the PSuniverse, then no.

Master classes are in the data, but they don't make any actual appearance online. Introducing them just unnecessarily obfuscates the topic at hand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

GenesisDX
Nov 30, 2007, 04:38 AM
Because it's offline.

D1ABOLIK
Nov 30, 2007, 04:40 AM
I think a better question is why we dont get different difficulties like C through S offline.

________
California dispensaries (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

RedMussel
Nov 30, 2007, 04:46 AM
Bottom line is, if you dont like this game dont play it.

Lolitecher
Nov 30, 2007, 05:47 AM
I'm personally immensely pleased at the offline revisions for the three base classes in AotI, particular for Forces who can now use Double Sabers, Slicers, and even Grenade Launchers... doesn't make much sense, but I'm definitely not complaining ^_^

Reginaldo
Nov 30, 2007, 06:12 AM
On 2007-11-30 00:52, A2K wrote:

On 2007-11-29 22:26, mizukage wrote:

Hunter = Fighmaster
Ranger = Gunmaster
Force = Masterforce

Master classes are in the data, but they don't make any actual appearance online. Introducing them just unnecessarily obfuscates the topic at hand. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

While those classes offline may or may not be master classes, master classes are in Japan's update schedule for online and we will have them one day.

RemiusTA
Nov 30, 2007, 07:13 AM
On 2007-11-29 20:15, MagicPink wrote:

What the hell are you babbling about? Each class type can use S and A rank versions of basically EVERYTHING on the list, including the new AotI weapons. There is absolutely no reason to even WANT an "Advanced" class if as a hunter you have access S-rank access to every single melee/striking weapon and the Stat balance of a "Super" fortefighter.

Given the chance your offline character was allowed Online, you would be considered a hacker.

desturel
Nov 30, 2007, 10:02 AM
On 2007-11-29 20:15, MagicPink wrote:

Considering you are playing offline, it's only a one time fee. If you don't like the game, you can always return it.

Turambar
Nov 30, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-11-30 01:40, D1ABOLIK wrote:
I think a better question is why we dont get different difficulties like C through S offline.

Umm, I believe we do.

Kinako78
Nov 30, 2007, 10:13 AM
Yes, in AotI, we get the different difficulties offline. At first it's just C through A, but after you finish all the story missions, S rank missions are added.

DEM_CIG
Nov 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
because y make a big deal about it u still get all the weapons and stuff...