PDA

View Full Version : What PA's are really good?

killers7even
Nov 30, 2007, 02:42 AM
Hi everyone. Thank you so much on helping me out on my other post, I appreciate it. But as you can see I'm kinda new to this game, so here's my question.

What are the best PA's for:
Sword
Saber
Twin Saber
Twin Daggers
Spear
Axe

I would just like to know this before I buy the one that isn't as good as the other. Thanks and any help will be appreciated.

YUKI_N
Nov 30, 2007, 02:47 AM
First off, everyone is going to give you different answers. For the most part all photon arts are very well balanced, its really just personal preference

My choices:
Sword: Gravity Break
Saber: Gravity Strike
T. Saber: Rising Crush, and when it comes out, Cross Huricane
T. Dagger: Moubu Seiren Zan, everyone else will argue this
Spear: Dus Majarra
Axe: Anga Jabroga

killers7even
Nov 30, 2007, 02:48 AM
On 2007-11-29 23:45, Thanubis wrote:
Which version are you playing? Are you playing online or offline?

Oh sorry bout that. This is for online mode.

Mystil
Nov 30, 2007, 02:49 AM
Gravity Break
Spinning Strike
Splendor Crush
Moubu-seiren-zan/the frag bought PA(cant spell it)
Dus Majarra/Dus Robado
All three axe PA's are good. The most powerful is Anga Jabroga. Redda and Dugrega can be spammed more easily than jabroga.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 30, 2007, 02:52 AM
Sword: Gravity Break
Saber: Spinning Strike (or Gravity Strike for multiple targets)
Twin Saber: Assault Crush
Twin Dagger: I find Hishou Jinren-zan most useful, though RBZ and MSZ are fine too
Spear: Majarra
Axe: Jabroga for bosses, Redda otherwise (I guess, never used axes)

-Ryuki-
Nov 30, 2007, 02:53 AM
Best in terms of Power:
Sword - Gravity Break
Saber - Spinning Strike
Twin Saber - Assault Crush
Twin Daggers - Renkai
Spear - Majarra
Axe - Jabroga

Best in terms of Style:
Sword - Tornado Break
Saber - Rising Strike
Twin Saber - Rising Crush
Twin Daggers - Moubu
Spear - Robado
Axe - Dugrega

AnamanaAU
Nov 30, 2007, 02:57 AM
Lets get some DPS lists happening.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Nov 30, 2007, 02:58 AM
On 2007-11-29 23:57, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Lets get some DPS lists happening.

Let's not.

Zorafim
Nov 30, 2007, 02:59 AM
Sword: This one's tough. Most would say Gravity Break, but it's so incredibly slow now. I know, swords are supposed to be slow, but... When an axe can get through its PA faster than a sword, something has to be wrong.
Um, my choice would be Spinning Break, if not for the fact that its damage is so low. I may be doing something wrong, but I only got 5k damage out of it.

Saber: Call me crazy, but I'd say Rising Strike. It has a really high damage modifier, it's quick, it's nice on the PP, and it's very defensive.

Twin Saber: Um... Assault Crush? Its damage modifier is huge, and it's very fast. A problem with it is that it very quickly eats through your PP, but twin weapons recover their PP quickly anyway.

Twin Daggers: Well, good question. My personal favorite is Mobou, mostly due to its looks. The fragment PA is good too, but only against big enemies. I haven't tried Renkai, but that used to be the overpowered PA, so it may still be good.

Spear: Dus Majarra, no question. Shame too, since I really like Dus Daggas.

Axe: Anga Dugrega. Its damage modifier is huge, which is especially noticeable on an axe. It's also pretty quick for an axe PA, and its knockbacks are useful. Not very party friendly, but I love it.

Mystil
Nov 30, 2007, 03:01 AM
Any slicer PA: 120,000,000,000,000 p/ms
Dus Majarra: 3,400,000 p/s

There. DPS list.

/thread

darkante
Nov 30, 2007, 03:43 AM
I have seen a party rape enemies with their slicers in run today.
There were 4 slicer users and everyone one did around 1500-2000 per hit. :S
Dunno if that is "AWESOME" damage seeing as i dont uselly use a melee character but the enemies did die extremely fast.
As a gunner, i feel useless. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-11-30 00:44 ]</font>

_Vyser_
Nov 30, 2007, 03:48 AM
On 2007-11-30 00:01, Mystil wrote:
Any slicer PA: 120,000,000,000,000 p/ms
Dus Majarra: 3,400,000 p/s

There. DPS list.

/thread

Best statement I've seen in a long time

Darkly
Nov 30, 2007, 05:09 AM
I reccomend assault crush for twin sabers, it is so awesome once you get it to 21, the final attack really does kick ass.

for spear many reccomend majarra for damage per second, it depends it your into flying on your speak like aladin though. Otherwise use robado, high atp modifer, it hits 3 targets once, then 3 targets 3 times, finally 3 tragets twice, makes for some good damage output to groups of monsters however, only use this when the monsters arn't over agressive, it is an easy pa to interupt.

so the other group attack, area of effect, pa is tornado break, hits 4 targets 3 times, 16 hits and does quite good damage, what i like is that it stuns enemies when you hit them, its a very easy pa to keep going, only use it in large groups. The new AOI missions have large enemy groups so its perfect.

I tend to change between the 2 depending on who is in the party, gunners and tachers = tornado, fighters equals robado or another damage pa.

Tetsaru
Nov 30, 2007, 05:32 AM
On 2007-11-29 23:42, killers7even wrote:
Hi everyone. Thank you so much on helping me out on my other post, I appreciate it. But as you can see I'm kinda new to this game, so here's my question.

Sword
Saber
Twin Saber
Twin Daggers
Spear
Axe

I would just like to know this before I buy the one that isn't as good as the other. Thanks and any help will be appreciated.

Really it's just a matter of opinion, but here's my 2 cents (PA's that must be acquired through the use of PA Fragments will have a * next to them):

Sword

Tornado Break - I'd start out with this one. IIRC, it does 3 hits to up to 4 enemies at a time, the last hit causing knockback.

Spinning Break - I personally hate this one. It's good for attacking flying enemies, since it is a vertical attack, but you can always use a gun for that, lol. I think it does up to 5 or 6 hits on a single enemy, but I never leveled it long enough to find out...

Gravity Break* - Deals a LOT of damage to a single enemy, but is rather slow. I find it difficult to level.

Saber

Rising Strike - Just in case you didn't know, you can get this PA for free just from talking to your PM and doing the tutorial. Probably the most basic of PA's, it deals up to 4 hits, knocking enemies into the air and then away from you. Good for keeping enemies down.

Gravity Strike - Does a quick series of up to 7(?) hits, the last causing knockback. Good when leveled to 11+.

Spinning Strike* - I haven't personally tried this one yet, but I hear it's really good.

Twin Saber

Rising Crush - Similar to Rising Strike for Saber. Knocks enemies into the air, juggles them, then knocks them away from you, for a total of 8 hits.

Assault Crush - I called this one "Ass Crush" since it's such a bitch to level... and only good at lv21+. The first two parts of the combo each only deal 2 hits, but the last part makes it worth having later on - a quick, dash attack that deals up to 4 hits on multiple enemies, knocking them down. The fastest and possibly strongest Twin Saber PA, if you're willing to level it extensively.

Splendor Crush* - Does up to 10 hits with the last 4 hits each able to knock enemies down, and the final hit I believe has extended range. Looks really badass, but can be difficult to aim at times.

Twin Daggers

Renkai Buyou-zan - Does quick spinning attacks on multiple enemies for up to 9(?) hits, last hit dealing knockback.

Moubu Seiran-zan - Deals quick, multiple strikes for up to about 10(?) hits. I haven't leveled mine up to 21 yet, so I'm not sure about the last move...

Hishou Jinren-zan* - AKA the "Yo-yo Daggers." Very similar to Rising Crush, it deals up to 10 hits, though it is slower than the other 2 PA's.

Spear

Dus Daggas - Start out with this one. Deals up to 8 thrusting attacks to enemies, the last hit dealing knockback. Strong and pretty quick too.

Dus Robado - Very similar to Tornado Break in that it hits multiple surrounding enemies. I wouldn't get it though, as the other 2 PA's are much stronger.

Dus Majarra* - Aw man. If there's ANY ultimate PA you get, get this one. Lots of people complain that everyone spams this PA all the time, but why not? It's insanely powerful and cool looking. First move you surf on your spear for 3 hits, second hit does an insanely fast and strong 4 hits on MULTIPLE ENEMIES, and the last move is a wide swipe that knocks enemies back. Just get it and level it lol, you won't be disappointed. :3

Axe

Be warned that I don't use axes that often, so I don't know that much about these PA's...

Anga Dugrega - A dash-type attack that I believe is followed by a jumping attack, and then... not sure, ask a Fortefighter, lol. >_<

Anga Redda - The fastest of the axe PA's, though still rather slow imo (now you see why I don't like axes lol >_<). Deals up to 5(?) slashing attacks, and I think the last one is a "bat-swing" style attack that knocks back enemies.

Anga Jabroga* - AKA "Anga Jabrony," lol. I have not tried this PA yet, but most people seem to like it. VEEERRY slow, but definitely the strongest PA in terms of spike damage. Charges up, then leaps into the air and crushes the axe deep into the ground for an AOE attack. I heard someone 1-hit-KO'ed De Ragan on C with this thing with enough leveling and the right axe to use it with... O_O

Sorry if my info is a bit flawed; I'm a gunner, lol. But, I hope this helps you a bit. :3

Aviendha
Nov 30, 2007, 09:53 AM

Sword
Saber
Twin Saber
Twin Daggers
Spear
Axe

Sword - Tornado Break. Gravity is too slow and Spinning has too narrow a hitbox.

Saber - Gravity Strike is great for 2-3 targets and also on Gol Dova. This PA is fast and does many strong hits on multiple targets. Spinning Strike is the best PA for a single single-target enemy.

Twin Saber - I love Assault, but even with the boost it recently got the DPS is lacking. Rising is good all-around and is great for blockstunning large monsters. Splendor has DPS, but only on bosses really. Cross Hurricane will definitely out-DPS Splendor on bosses, but who knows how good the hitboxes/stuns/knockbacks will be on smaller monstes.

Twin Dagger - Renkai is the least damage per use, but fastest to use. Its really unsafe though, probably the easiest AoE skill to get hit out of, so I don't recommend it over Tornado Break/Dus Robado. Moubu is extremely safe due to plenty of maneuverability and good stuns. Fantastic PA for everyday use. Hishou (yo-yos) has almost identical DPS to Moubu with max targets on both, except Hishou will not connect on the third combo on any enemy except Sendilians and Mizura (bees). Hishou isn't bad, but its not as good as Rising Crush. The new PA Renga has sick damage mods and executes relatively fast on 3+ targets, so maybe its for bosses?

Spear - Majarra is fantastic. Cool, fun, and very effective. Easy to level and does tons of damage. You can play the game with just this PA and still be fairly effective. But don't count the other two out. Dagas executes fast and does good damage with easy JA timing. Robado is great too, so you really can't go wrong with spear, get them all. If you just wanna level one though, go Majarra.

Axe - Dugrega is built to put Kamatozes down and keep them that way. Its pretty handy to clear a crowd out in a pinch and does decent damage (a little over 80% of what Redda does). Redda is good all-purpose and solid damage. Big Numbarz with JA final hit. Jabroga is pretty much tied for DPS on bosses with Boma Duranga grenade...until you JA it. Then it wins hands-down. Pretty annoying for your party on anything but bosses and Drua Gora.

Weapons you didn't ask about but I like to talk:

Twin Claw - Renzan Seidan-ga by a mile. The new swimming one might be good too though, who knows.

Double Saber - Gravity Dance is hella slow to JA but its still okay. Popup instead of blowback on the last hit is nice. Spiral is great on Sendillians and any big enemy, along with mobs you actually want to break up. Tornado should only be used on Jarba/Svaltus/Gol Dova/etc. It excells there and sucks everywhere else. Absolute Dance will do well on bosses, don't ever finish it, last hit is terrible.

Dagger - Shunbu is like Rising Strike. Buten does more damage than Hikai, but slower. If you're doing both parts of the combo, Buten is better in parties, but if you're avoiding blowback and only doing the first, Hikai is way better. Hikai is better solo. I still get more use out of Buten though.

kissablepimp
Nov 30, 2007, 12:16 PM
On 2007-11-29 23:45, Thanubis wrote:
Which version are you playing? Are you playing online or offline?

EDIT: Here is the list of PAs I'm using for offline AoI. Claw - Senten Kanzan-ga (Bukuu Saien-zan???)
Dagger - Hikai Shuuha-zan
Double Saber - Tornado Dance
Knuckles - Bogga Robaddo
Saber - Spinning Strike
Spear - Dus Majara
Sword - Tornado Break & Gravity Break(?)
Twin Claw - Rensan Senshou-ga
Twin Dagger - Hisou Jinren-zan
Twin Saber - Assault Crush & Splendor Crush(???)
Axe - Anga Jaburogga
Slicer - Chikki Kyoren-jin
Whip - Viva Danga

For online mode, the best ones are most likely going to be the new AoI Frag PAs that have yet to be released.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thanubis on 2007-11-30 00:03 ]</font>

What he said!

ilovetypemoon
Nov 30, 2007, 02:16 PM
If you're planning on ever using knuckles, I'd recommend Bogga Danga over Bogga Robado. It's quicker, hits multiple enemies, and does great knockback. Robado is great on single targets but it's really not efficient until you get it to 21+.

Zael
Nov 30, 2007, 02:43 PM

Sword
Saber
Twin Saber
Twin Daggers
Spear
Axe

Sword: Tornado Break
Saber: Spinning Strike
Twin Saber: Assault Crush
Twin Daggers: Renkai Buyou-Zan
Spear: Dus Majarra
Axe: Anga Jabroga

panzer_unit
Nov 30, 2007, 03:21 PM
You can't do Axe without all three PA's.

Jabroga - terrible for regular combat. GREAT for all kinds of really oddball stuff though. Svaltuses, bosses, robots.
Dugrega & Redda - equal damage. Dugrega's better against big guys, levels slowly, and needs to hit lv21 for the majority of its damage. Redda's better against small guys, levels really fast, and hits its stride at lv11.

Pandorasbox
Nov 30, 2007, 04:13 PM
My Two cents:
Sword-Spinning Break because it feels like the fastest move a sword can do and it can hit low flying enemies!
Saber- I'm a sucker for Rising Strike very good all round PA but IMO all saber PA's rock.
Twin Saber- Assault is the only I like makes the twin saber more a DPS machine.
Twin Daggers- Renkai because it's fast AOE.
Spear- Dus Majarra because it's a crazy powerful PA (i forsee nerf) but like the saber I like all the spear PA's
Axe- I haven't test drived all the axe ones so I can't really comment :/