PDA

View Full Version : Major slowdown on White Beast?

Agnostic187
Nov 30, 2007, 07:55 AM
Anyone else having it? I mean, 95% of the mission is at a snails pace, including the boss.

Kesena1Tsum1
Nov 30, 2007, 08:30 AM
Yeah its freakin horrible X_X Sega fails.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 30, 2007, 08:33 AM
So far I have none <<; Xbox or PC/PS2 specifically?

Agnostic187
Nov 30, 2007, 08:52 AM

And its on all missions apparently.

Rashiid
Nov 30, 2007, 08:55 AM
Now I'm scared to sign on when I get home.

Shadow_Wing
Nov 30, 2007, 08:57 AM
Ah, that really sucks X,x;

bloodflowers
Nov 30, 2007, 09:04 AM
I've been having this slowdown on and off ever since the expansion. To fix it I do this:

1) Power off 360
2) Power on 360
3) Start PSU and hold down A until the title screen appears (allegedly this clears the cache)

I think just the powering off fixes it, I'm guessing there are memory leaks in the new client... It might be that the new mission is making them happen much quicker. A few days ago Forested Island ran so slow that it was like Matrix bullet time right from the mission door opening.

amtalx
Nov 30, 2007, 09:10 AM
ST strikes again!!

Getintothegame
Nov 30, 2007, 09:14 AM
Again, try this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=161083&forum=3&5). For some people it works...

desturel
Nov 30, 2007, 09:21 AM
I had to stop doing the run after 40 minutes because I had to go to work. SLOOOOOOOOWWWWWW.

At least I got a Sinowaline board off of the first run. Now I need to find some nanopolymer.

RedMussel
Nov 30, 2007, 09:28 AM
I went to another universe, its was a bit better but still was a slowdown rate.

kissablepimp
Nov 30, 2007, 12:12 PM
I had it to on the one before that mission and on the online story mode the one after genocide.

CelestialBlade
Nov 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
No problems here, I'm on PC. Newly-installed 8600GT, fullscreen, max settings. I can understand PS2 being lagged, but 360 shouldn't be any means....

ZeroVer01
Nov 30, 2007, 12:33 PM
Nope, no slowdown for me *hugs my 8800 GTS*

watashiwa
Nov 30, 2007, 12:35 PM
No problems here. (But on PC with a 7950GT)

Remedy
Nov 30, 2007, 12:36 PM
8600GT here and not a lick of slowdown. =>.>=;

Miyuki-chan
Nov 30, 2007, 01:09 PM
I just ran White Beast earlier... it was horribly slow as has been said here... GG Sega for ef'ing up the 360 version.

Oh, and the achievement for the new boss doesn't work either... "Achievement Unlocked" and yet no points added to gamerscore... WTF Sega? Seriously... WTF?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyuki-chan on 2007-11-30 10:10 ]</font>

Deja
Nov 30, 2007, 01:10 PM
sweet, the ps2 version actually did something good for me. No slowdown here. On my PC version (tried it earlier) oh god it was a crawl...

Syanaide
Nov 30, 2007, 01:16 PM
Clearing cache on 360 works like a charm. Thanks, Get.

Miyuki-chan
Nov 30, 2007, 01:31 PM
Hmmm... funny thing was that i had just turned on my 360 when I ran that mission...

Xaeris
Nov 30, 2007, 02:14 PM
Most of the mission runs well enough. That last portion with all the ice turrets slows me down to all hell though. PS2 here.

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 04:07 PM
Clearing the cache doesn't work. If it DOES work, then it'll only work for 1 or two runs. Otherwise, the problem is how the game is optimized for the 360 (graphic loading and action processing especially).

Basically, there's no way to fix it other than somehow optimizing the game yourself. Good luck.

Anduril
Nov 30, 2007, 04:10 PM
Played quite a few runs with a full party on Uni 1, and I experienced no slowdown.

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 04:27 PM
This is ridiculous. Why doesn't Sega test their game? What, is it because we are North Americans and we don't constitute enough market value for the effort? Then why are Canadians still paying 15 bucks a month when our dollar is higher?

Seriously pissing me off. Do they expect me to give a da*n about any new content if it's all going to be unplayable and operate half-assingly on the xbox? If I new the expansion wasn't going to 'work', then I wouldn't have bought it (seriously).
It's enough to play a game that's a past-gen title on a new-generation console, but to have it not even work at the level of a past-generation game is just ridiculous.

Why should I keep playing, really? The game may be fun, but, in practice, it's impossible to enjoy slow-motion gameplay for anything new that comes out.
Am I going to spend my time levelling up and buying new items so I can play The Matrix: Online 2? Is there any reason for me to continue, knowing that anything that is released from this point on is unplayable?

"Hurrah, the Mother Brain mission is released!"
"Dude, don't bother playing it, it's all slow-motion."

That's all I'm hearing about the new mission.

Thanks for the expansion and the useless new missions that won't work properly on the xbox 360. Much appreciated.

Sega's getting pretty close to forcing me to quit the game again. It's a shame, as AoI's gameplay elements are really fun.
Too bad I can't actually play with them on any new AoI missions. -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-30 13:41 ]</font>

Parn
Nov 30, 2007, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't sweat it. Sega has to address this, or they're going to lose subscribers, myself included. Just pass on the new stage for now and await some form of announcement. Bugs are a part of expansion packs, though it definitely is clear that they didn't test the new stages. Seems like they just ported the PC code and called it a day.

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 04:48 PM
Right, because Sega addressed the Deragnus freezing, along with the massive amounts of slowdown we experience on the xbox 360 version of psu for no reason. The only difference with this new mission is taht the slowdown is worse than any other mission. The truth is, though, that this uneccesary slowdown is not 'news'. If Sega intended to fix this and make the North American players happy/content, they would've fixed it once they realized how many people were dropping out of their game and how badly the critics were beating on the game for it.

Sakura blast is on my unplayable list as well, even though I find it to be one of the coolest missions.
There's slow motion left right and center, especially when you fight the mages at the end. Holy geeze. What is Sega thinking?
Am I supposed to say 'oh, poor sega, they don't have much funding so I should accept this". Bullhooey. Sega needs to wake up and realize that there are 'reasons' why not many people can justify playing their game for more than 2 weeks after the initial 'this is cool' factor wears out.

So what's the next mission we're gonna get. The rappy mision? Cool... I can look forward to not being able to play that, too. Not to mention, whenever I feel like rozenom, I know better to actually 'play' it due to massive slowdown from Grass Assasins, Mage enemies, and [those guys with a torso and a big sword].

And Forest? I can look forward to not being able to play that too. Along with caves, mines, and ruins. Hooray! I sure am looking forward to my new expansion pack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-30 13:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-30 14:07 ]</font>

Parn
Nov 30, 2007, 04:50 PM
So unsubscribe and move on. If it's that much of a problem for you and you're still subscribed, you're dumb.

MetalIdol876
Nov 30, 2007, 05:00 PM
Max graphics, sound, everything. Not an ounce of slowdown on my end. Whenever I get it it's because i've got BitTorrent and uTorrent up, but that's lag on my DSL line, not slowdown...

8800 GTS, 2gigs of ram, dual core, vista, etc, yada.

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 05:06 PM
Metalidol, the problem is pretty much for the xbox360 version of the game.
And Parn, I enjoy the game's gameplay and so forth. It's the way it runs on the xbox 360 that keeps urging me to quit. Know, though, that I don't hate the entire game enough to quit straight-out. Thanks for not understanding, though, and pigeonholing me as a troll and flamer of the game who wants to quit and drag everyone else in my pit of despair.
?

MetalIdol876
Nov 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-11-30 14:06, Carlo210 wrote:
Metalidol, the problem is pretty much for the xbox360 version of the game.
?

Yes but everybody else on Pc is listing their gaming rig stats, so I felt compelled to do so as well.

Darkly
Nov 30, 2007, 05:18 PM
i have felt this aswell, its unatural amounts of slowdown, in lobbies when i run and bring up the menu, it causes slowdown, it never used to do this.

I think there is some unkown error right now causing these problems because slowdown isn't just occuring in graphic intensive areas. Carlo210 i actually havn't experienced lag at sakura, but i probably will now because of this so yeah hopefully they sort this out.

Parn
Nov 30, 2007, 05:22 PM
On 2007-11-30 14:06, Carlo210 wrote:
Thanks for not understanding, though, and pigeonholing me as a troll and flamer of the game who wants to quit and drag everyone else in my pit of despair.
I didn't have to do any of that, you've created that identify for yourself. You've done it here on PSOW, and you're doing it here (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=59312), here (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=59324), and here (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=59231) too. It's one thing to make a complaint about a problem that needs fixing. It's another to go into some melodramatic explosion of how future missions are going to suck and so on.

Ever heard of constructive criticism? You're basically not giving any of it. You remind me of some of the rude customers I had to deal with in the past when I used to work those kinds of jobs as a teenager, putting up with people who aren't remotely understanding and make those kinds of jobs completely miserable.

Bitey
Nov 30, 2007, 05:27 PM
Huh? You can hit A to clear the cache too? Nice to know. I was holding down the shoulder buttons and triggers and it was hurting my fingers. >.<

On a side note, I do not get laggy until after I have run three of those new missions. The third mission will start to lag at the very end.

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 05:39 PM
I feel strongly about the slowdown issue. So what? I don't care what kind of e-identity you think I'm creating for myself. I'll keep making sure that I get this problem across because, if it existed in any other game, others would do the same, espcially if they really liked the game.
Yes, the slowdown ruins most of the new content for me. Does saying so make me a flamer or troll? I hope not especially since I'm doing so in the technical support forums.

Yes, I predict that future missions will be just as poorly optimized for the 360, just how Sakura Blast and the new mission and many parts of old and new missions are poorly optimized. It's not unheard of to speak about how unomptimized the game is for the 360, and things seem to be only getting worse in that department.

I will try and let Sega know that slowdown exists (just as I tried many many months ago in a 'nice' fashion which, as you can imagine, got no replies nor any attention from Sega). So I created an account so I can voice my technical problems of PSU in the Sega technical forum. I want it to get fixed. If I have a baawing tone, then it's because it's a big issue to me. If it's not a big iddue to you, then learn to accept that you don't mind the slowdown as much as I do. This doesn't mean that Sega shouldn't fix it as it is a widely spoken about problem on the 360.

In conclusion, there is definately major slowdown on White Beast and it makes the mission unplayable for me and a lot of the people I know on the 360 (dark weapons aren't even selling).
I'm not ragging on PSU or anything, I'm ragging on technical support and one of PSU's technical problems - slowdown on the 360. I'm also making up words, such as ragging. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-30 14:44 ]</font>

ErtaiClou
Nov 30, 2007, 07:09 PM
Not so much the slowdown necessarly, but my weapons like to unequip or reload themselves A LOT while I'm running White Beast.

Aviendha
Nov 30, 2007, 07:17 PM
After reading the first page of this thread before I got on, I was ready to be disgusted with how bad the slowdown is...but I haven't had any. I had plenty of slowdown on Sakura S yesterday, but today on White Beast S (full party both times) I've been fine. I was pleasantly surprised.

Bliven
Nov 30, 2007, 07:28 PM
I was lagging earlier, then I cleared my xbox cache and I haven't had any lag whatsoever in White Beasts

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 07:34 PM
Play it more than 2-3 times to see the slowdown kick in, even after the cache clearing. Clearing your cache is a temporary fix that works for a few runs. Not sure you guys know what a cache is, but it holds information in memory so it can access it again quickly. Of course, PSU doesn't like using cache for some messed up reason and the game will slow down frequently when it quickly fills up again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-30 16:35 ]</font>

Bliven
Nov 30, 2007, 07:57 PM
I've ran it 10x since clearing my cache

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 08:08 PM
I've ran it 3 times and it's begun slowing down. Sakura was just as bad for me (actually took 2 runs for it to kick in after cache clearing).

Some people don't realize slowdown for some reason, just like how many people don't notice FPS drops in other games or screentearing due to VSync in other games.

jobber
Nov 30, 2007, 08:15 PM
that clearing the hard drive trick does NOTHING for slow downs. It's the lag + all the action going on. Only thing the hard drive trick does is erase all the mandatory patches you'll have to re-download when you boot up a game.

HandOfThornz
Nov 30, 2007, 08:39 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HandOfThornz on 2007-11-30 18:49 ]</font>

Rayokarna
Nov 30, 2007, 09:05 PM
On 2007-11-30 17:39, HandOfThornz wrote:
Firstly i'm still on EU PS2 PSU version 1. all these following probs have started since the AOI update patch/ end of 1up cup!!!

MAIN POINT - my game is now unplayable online for over 9 days.

As of last week i started to notice longer slowness than normal, i did'nt think much about it, as PS2 has slowness issue's anyway. Espically after 1up cup you know how bad lag/slowness can be on PS2!!

Then by Wednesday, i started soloing again. and lag issue's started. first a sec to register a bullet hit on an enemy, then 5 secs then 30 secs, with-in 2 hours. i could fire a bullet, go get a coffee, come back and the bullet still has'nt registered a hit on the enemy!!!!!!

This is now all the time, any time of day, it started at peak time's!!!!

I've just had to leave the game again as slowness with menu's/areas/room is terrible. I'm synthing loads of things across a few characters.
I keep either dc'ing randomly.
When i'm going through menus to synth, each menu takes about 1min. to load. To take out a completed synth takes around 30 secounds!!!!!!

I took action on the issue i had online, by replacing any cables connected to my PS2 - router - the master socket. Then i connected with my phone company(BT) to check my line, they said there was a slight crackle and they sent an engineer round to fix the issue, once fixed, i jumped on PSU to find connection was no better!!!!!
I then got a pro IT dude to come room and check the software in the router is running correctly. he also checked over speed test and ping test.

I spoke to my ISP and they did a quick test and no probs were shown, I'm now in contact with they technical support team to do a indepth search of my connection. i will probally get result after this weekend.

I don't wana point finger's yet till i hear what my ISP has to say, but if there's a prob with the server, please ST let us know.
I've spent a lot of frustrating time trying to play PSU over the last week or so, now all these issue's are taking any fun out of the game.

I know how you feel. My PS3 can't seem to register when I'm playing with an AOI player. Whenever the AOI player is using something that is written in v1 data, my PS3 seems to have a heart attack(or lag out in everyone else's terms). And the only times I've seem to DC is when someone is casting with TECH-Mag or using a whip.

My friend who's playing on an PS2(also v1) seems to be having the same issue. Nice one ST...

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 09:07 PM
Thornz, that problem is network based, not game based or even ps2 based. Therefore, it's kind of off topic. Creating a new topic would net you more resourceful support.
Edit: I see you posted this on the offcial forums as well. Making a topic that discusses network lag would be more fitting rather than bringing your problem up in a topic that discusses graphical lag.

Back on topic, clearing the cache on the xbox 360 is not the solution for the slowmotion issues. Period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-30 18:19 ]</font>

Hath_Wrobo
Nov 30, 2007, 09:31 PM
Hmm, I thought it was only me having the problem. I was just doing some Grove of Fanatic S2 runs, (RIKAUTERI, I WANT IT!!!!!!) and the first run was slowdown free. However, halfway through the second mission, it began to get very, very slow. Possibly because of all the machine explosions and whatnot. At the end of the second run it was barely playable, hell, even Megistar caused the game to lag heavily.

HandOfThornz
Nov 30, 2007, 09:38 PM
On 2007-11-30 18:07, Carlo210 wrote:
Thornz, that problem is network based, not game based or even ps2 based. Therefore, it's kind of off topic. Creating a new topic would net you more resourceful support.
Edit: I see you posted this on the offcial forums as well. Making a topic that discusses network lag would be more fitting rather than bringing your problem up in a topic that discusses graphical lag.

Apoligies, i've posted in both PSU tech forums last week, advice given has not helped. Thanx for the advice =)

djmacken
Nov 30, 2007, 09:59 PM
The slowdown has to do with your video settings on your xbox. PSU does not work well on any HD setting. Obviously the QA team at Sega did not do their testing. If you set your Xbox display settings to 480p you will see VASTLY improved performance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: djmacken on 2007-11-30 19:00 ]</font>

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 10:05 PM
I've had that issue with my old router. It's purely network based.
Heck, the reason why damage processes so quickly OFFline is because there is no server to communicate to. The reason why it takes a split second for damage to show up is because we have to talk to the server first, and then it spits back our damage. When that process takes longer and you have to wait much longer to see your damage, you're having trouble 'talking' to the server at the speed that it wants you to talk to it at.

@Wrobo
I know what you mean. The mods on the official forum (how can that forum be official? It's horrible. All it is is flaming, elitism, and flaming elitism) said that they have communicated the problem to Sega. However, this problem (the fact that the game is poorly optimized on the 360) has been aroudn since the game came out. The problem with slowdown got worse as the year went on and, now, it's gotten to a point where it is simply ridiculous. Hopefully Sega does something about it.
Adding frameskip would make it appear as if the problem didn't exist, but it's very clear that this game SHOULD run fine on an xbox 360. Sega needs to optimize the game better - that's the real fix. Whether or not they are willing to do it is another story. Since the cache seems to slightly alleviate the problem for a short amount of time, maybe Sega could make PSU not use the cache (or not as much) for adding/retrieving data.

To make it clear, the things that cause slowdown that we can point out are:
Moving the camera in any active area, even in combat.
When enemies spawn.
Enemy teleporting.
3+ party members fighting 1+ enemy on screen
You soloing 4+ enemies.

And then there are other random times when the framerate slows down to a snails pace.

Also, medium-populated lobbies (15-20+ people?) are always slowed down to around 70% speed.

EDIT: DjMacken, I played an entire day at 480p and another day at 1024x768 (lower than high def) and the speed was the same. The game doesn't render anything in lower resolution, the console just makes the 720p game work on a 480p screen. It's still, however, rendering everything in high def. Most games do this - I know few that support actual standard definition since it would mean the developers need to optimize 2 versions of the game (SD and HD) rather than 1 (HD).

480p only has the possible advantage of staying smooth for slightly longer than 720p.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-30 19:11 ]</font>

Ashkahn
Nov 30, 2007, 10:37 PM
Cripes, it feels like I'm wading through frozen molasses.

Good game, Sonic Team.

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 10:38 PM
Lol. I'm thinking of making a video displaying how us 360ers play PSU AoI.

Parn
Nov 30, 2007, 10:46 PM
You actually should, if only so there's video proof that the issue really does exist. And then the video can be linked to tech support so they have a nice little reference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2007-11-30 19:51 ]</font>

DoubleJG
Nov 30, 2007, 10:57 PM
I didn't play White Beast yet, but the one before it had a lot of slowdown for me. Ofcourse, it was a 6person party on PS2. Slowdown at it's worse DX

Did Sega mention a possible cure on the way for PS2 slowdown issues?

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 11:13 PM
No, they didn't. Well, technically, AOI was supposed to be that fix and, since it obviously isn't (for any slowdown issues with any version of the game), then you're going to have to beg Sega to fix it. However, ps2's problem is much different from the 360's problem as the 360 shouldn't be having any problems relating to slowodnw while this kind of thing is expected on a ps2 game. Of course, Sega could try to fix it on the ps2, but it would take a lot more work. Fixing the 360's problems should be easier as the system should be able PSU no questions asked.

And about the video, I was thinking of just editing an existing video.I cannot capture video from my 360. I don't know how to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-11-30 20:14 ]</font>

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 1, 2007, 02:24 AM
I experienced no slowdown on Xbox 360 during this mission. It was only a party of three, however.

Mystil
Dec 1, 2007, 02:36 AM
None. Thank god I have a top of line computer. I'm sure thats part of it. If I had my old one, I'd probably be on frame skip 3 >_>.

Carlo210
Dec 1, 2007, 03:01 AM
On 2007-11-30 23:36, Mystil wrote:
None. Thank god I have a top of line computer. I'm sure thats part of it. If I had my old one, I'd probably be on frame skip 3 >_>.

Good to know, but this problem is regarding the 360 version of PSU.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 1, 2007, 04:31 AM
Cleared both my consoles cache and the cache for the game as well, it works for some time but after doing three or more runs or logging on and off for work and playing later i had to do this as well. We got major slowdowns doing both AMF missions earlier too, not too pleased with the overall update this turn around

A2K
Dec 1, 2007, 05:14 AM
The inconsistency of it all is perplexing. For some people it seems like it happens almost immediately, while for others it hasn't been an issue at all, even in full six-player parties. The fact that clearing the cache seems to work temporarily seems to indicate that something along those lines is involved.

It seems like this slowdown is new and separate from the original PSU's. When playing the expansion fresh the game ran actually seemed to run much better than before.

th0rnz
Dec 1, 2007, 07:02 AM
I get the slowdown in the new missions on neudaiz, and then it remains with me into other missions until I restart my xbox.

If I log in and go to ANY mission other than white beast or the water temple I'm fine, but once I play either of those (even solo) my game gets unplayable in any mission until I reboot my 360.

Itsuki
Dec 1, 2007, 10:02 AM
On 2007-11-30 19:38, Carlo210 wrote:
Lol. I'm thinking of making a video displaying how us 360ers play PSU AoI.

Do it!!! It screams hilarity http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But as a side note, I play in max resolution, max settings... and hit all of 15 or 20% processor usage on PC. But thats with (as has been said before in thread) and 8600 GT, 2.8ghz dual core, 4gb of ram, etc etc.

Omega_Weltall
Dec 1, 2007, 10:10 AM
I'm haveing this problem but i'm on PC. My laptop is crappy now but this hasnt been much of a problem before. I've been in missions with 6 people everything flying around and no problems and now I get HORRIBLE slowdown. i've changed ever setting i could and it comes and go. My graphics card is pretty shitty but it ran fine on low setting before, now onthe same settings i get terrible slow down.

Authenticate
Dec 1, 2007, 11:00 AM
I've gotten that crazy slow down about halfway the first Pavilion of Air mission. Then I went to the console and did that hold A thing and did the second mission with only the occasional 2-3 second slow down when I was getting wailed on with light balls. Either there's something about that first mission, or reseting the cache helps. The crazy slowdown makes the game unplayable, but it was only for that one mission before I reset my cache.

I like PSU overall, but I still sympathize with Carlos. I feel the same way sometimes, like ST doesn't give a poo poo, so why bother?

Sekani
Dec 1, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-12-01 02:14, A2K wrote:
It seems like this slowdown is new and separate from the original PSU's. When playing the expansion fresh the game ran actually seemed to run much better than before.

This makes the new issues all the more frustrating.

For me the second Pavilion of Air mission (White Beast?) runs fine, but the first one is slower than the freeways in downtown Los Angeles during rush hour.

Midicronica
Dec 1, 2007, 02:52 PM
I've never gotten slowdown from the White Beast mission, but boy did I get it yesterday from the first mission in the COG Pavilion of Air. The slowdown even carried over into the lobby where it was lessened, but still quite present. I heard that one of the best solutions for this problem is to reset your Xbox, so that's what I did. Worked fine after that.

Carlo210
Dec 1, 2007, 04:05 PM
To those with PCs, of course you aren't experiencing this problem. This pertains to Xbox 360 users. Can the OP be edited to state this?

And also, to those who are saying resetting your xbox and clearing the cache works - it's only a temporary quasi-solution.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 1, 2007, 06:29 PM
I'm on the PC version, and I still have slowdown at the Temple missions, as well as at the Rozenom missions.

Carlo210
Dec 1, 2007, 09:39 PM
But you can actually fix your slowdown. We cannot.

Bliven
Dec 1, 2007, 10:09 PM
after running the missions all day, I still haven't had slowdown in it, but early yesterday I did.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 1, 2007, 11:29 PM
I really dont know what to do about it though. I have the game at the lowest settings, have a pretty good graphics card and direct X and whatnot, but still, I slow down at that particular mission, as well as the Rozenom missions.

ZeroVer01
Dec 1, 2007, 11:40 PM
Which GPU do you have?

Gryffin
Dec 2, 2007, 12:45 AM
I get slow down everywhere. :<

So.... don't even complain.

EtherForce
Dec 2, 2007, 02:57 AM
Hah hah, Xbox sucks.

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 08:11 AM
LOL. Nice.

Rashiid
Dec 2, 2007, 08:42 AM
OP, I don't know what you are talking about Major Slowdown.

There is a VERY FEW parts that SOMETIMES slowdown, but nothing. absolutly nothing substantial.

Sylpheed
Dec 2, 2007, 09:02 AM
The source of the slowdown is the first mission at the Pavillion of air (i forget the name, the one with the Shinowa Hidoki's). Me and my friends have tried this again and again and it is for sure that mission. If you run this mission, the first time you go through it will seem fine. However the mission seems to have some kind of cumalative effect in which the more you run it the more lag you seem ato aquire. To fix it, as stated by other people is just to reset your Xbox as soon as you log back in you will be running fine.

This really sucks, considering i really want to get a Shinowa Line board. Ah well you gotta love SEGA in they're professionalism in creating video games.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 2, 2007, 11:46 AM
No slowdown. nVidia 7900GT, single core 3 Ghz Pentium Processor, 3 GB HT'd RAM.

I do play in FS 1 however. No matter how much I overclock my card or tune down my gfx settings I just can't seem to get FS 0 to run at 60 fps.

Edit: Oops, didn't know you were on XCrate. Ignore my post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BahnKnakyu on 2007-12-02 08:47 ]</font>

HyperShot-X-
Dec 2, 2007, 12:03 PM
I would just run thru 'Sacred stream' on C and get to the 2nd mission lobby, reset xbox and clear the cache then log back in, skip the 1st mission and just teleport to 'White Beast'. I would kill everything with all my vengeance over and over again until ST patches the slow down bug on that 1st mission, good thing the last boss reminds me of De ragnus freezing during 1up cup, O boy I say, "This is pay back for what U did to me!!" everytime i kill it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Meanwhile i did submit my feedback to SEGA on their "Knowledge Base" support page like everybody should and asked 'Can this slow down bug be fixed asap?", ...i know there is no 'perfect' game developer and there are things beyond control especially something like this particular bug happening to only certain people with inconsistency, but from the customer's point of view for any new subscribers who doesn't know better, would they want to continue subscribing to PSU on X360 when this kind of problem might happen again on every future releases?

Sega needs to patch this and must do it quickly in 1 wk or 2 at most as expected from a premier gaming company who cares about their business. While they are at it, it might help to give something out to all users, a room deco or an item board as a way of apologzing for this mishap.

With 360 population hitting over 30 full stars at peak hr and steadily gaining after release of AOtI, this is just another big trial Sega must overcome to prove that this game is truely worth playing, and i really hope they pull it thru, i really do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HyperShot-X- on 2007-12-02 09:09 ]</font>

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah, they should give us an agido repca....

now.

But only me, since I baawed about it the most.

ZeroVer01
Dec 2, 2007, 05:36 PM
I was just talking to one of my friends, and their 360 dose not have any problems with slow downs.

Who knows, maybe this is some weird hardware problem. I mean, it is not out of the question with the 360's track record so far.

buzyb77
Dec 2, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-12-02 09:03, HyperShot-X- wrote:

Sega needs to patch this and must do it quickly in 1 wk or 2 at most as expected from a premier gaming company who cares about their business. While they are at it, it might help to give something out to all users, a room deco or an item board as a way of apologzing for this mishap.

With 360 population hitting over 30 full stars at peak hr and steadily gaining after release of AOtI, this is just another big trial Sega must overcome to prove that this game is truely worth playing, and i really hope they pull it thru, i really do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HyperShot-X- on 2007-12-02 09:09 ]</font>

um yeah...They lost the Premere title when the Put Sonic in Mario Games, Made/publised many of their Next gen games that were ho hum.... and ofcourse Did not put a Skip Cutsean/not have to push a button to advance the story in their RPGs

http://www.sega.com/home.php?hsid=235711

BTW for those that don't know it Goden Compass is about

[spoiler-box]

Killing GOD...I read the books...Golden compass is the light hearted one but I read the whole 3 books last weekend at work..BTW it over 900 pages in a young reader...

The books have a Scientolgy Flair to the Whole of the Universe including A Golden Compass that uses Living Dark matter to access the universal Knowledge, A Subtile knife (a knife that cuts though universes to see their permatatons as well as the really sad after life and it is also so Sharp that it can cut an electron in two, and the amber spyglass that allows one to See the living Dark matter....

[/spoiler-box]

The books have decent story line and will be brought into the religious furvor but this Movie nor Book would really make a good game so get ready to see some 4/10 to 7/10 at most form the peole that review this game...

APEXi
Dec 2, 2007, 06:17 PM
i had a lot of lag/slow down the first couple of times through; havent had any since yesterday, however

majan
Dec 2, 2007, 06:19 PM
whatever,man.I am done asking questions and wishing for sonic team to cater to technical issues.it's all in vain.we still get interrupt requests,there is mega slowdown even after the alleged adding of frame skip,the retry function STILL after one year is not fixed.

PSU got meh reviews from EGM last year because of lack of playable content online(go figure) and to my knowledge there is no review available for the expansion.it's hardly even a game yet-the same problem they had with handicapping the content in the original version.

a simple fix would be to apply a team of people to wokr for however many weeks on the xbox360 platform and optimize psu for it,not just to have awesome graphics,just to run properly.if properly is too much to as,which it seems it is,then we'll settle for dependably.whatever keeps it from a crawl.there's no reason the 360,which has probably 15-20x the raw digital horsepower of a ps2,should be having these problems.it is the graphics engine and software that creates the problem.

releasing a 360-only patch through xbox live that will allow the xbox to better run this game is,I think,the easiest way for them to do this.say wat you want about how hard it is to code and program and yadda yadda,but 2 things:

1-it is their job
2-its what we put 10 dollars a month into their pocket for.

I enjoy the hell out of this game and I pay for it cus Im a pso/u fanatic.its fun.but is this game,in terms of what the give us,worth 10 bucks a month?I think not.

HyperShot-X-
Dec 2, 2007, 07:26 PM
Right, it is their job to fix the code to make it work like it's supposed to once they get enough feedbacks from end users letting them know about the problems exist, but in order for that to happen, it is our job to let them know the specifics of problems we encounter in the game.

So, the things to address to support feedback so far on AOtI update that I am aware of:

1. the major slow down in the new mission "Sacred Stream" that triggers a mssive slowdown in the game to make it unplayable as we talked about upto now,
2. Xbox Live achievement points unlocked not adding up to the Gamerscore after you beat the last boss ,
3. 'Recently visited rooms' & 'View visitor log' from My room 'vision phone' causes game freeze/crash,

is there anything else to add to the list above?

It only takes 5 mins at most to submit a quick feedback, you don't even need to login with user ID. This is the least you can do/must do if you got any concern about the game you're playing and have the will to change it for better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HyperShot-X- on 2007-12-02 18:47 ]</font>

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 07:35 PM
People, including critics and reviewers, have notified Sega of problems with how the game runs on the 360, such as slowdown. It makes sense for some to believe that, if Sega intended to fix it, they would've by now.
Of course, since the problem has gotten a lot worse within the past 2 months with the new content, we may be able to force Sega to fix the problem.