PDA

View Full Version : Lumia

KyEmo
Nov 30, 2007, 12:53 PM
What is that rod she has? Has anyone else seen it yet?

HFlowen
Nov 30, 2007, 12:55 PM
Magical wand, Okarodoc and a bunch of low level spells.

Rizen
Nov 30, 2007, 12:59 PM
She has Kazarod and Okarod as well.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 30, 2007, 01:08 PM
It's Okarodoc, unless she also uses the real version at lower levels.

PALRAPPYS
Nov 30, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-11-30 09:59, Rizen wrote:
She has Kazarod and Okarod as well.

For a silly little rookie, she has the best equipment out of any NPC character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I still don't see why they put her as Guntecher though.... she'd be fit for Fortetecher.

Deissa
Nov 30, 2007, 01:15 PM
Lumia has:
Marguisa - Ramegid (lv1-10), Rabarta (lv1-10), she uses this from Lv1-99.
Kazarod - Resta, Reverser (lv1-10), Giresta (lv1-10), Retier (lv1-10), she starts using this from Lv50 on.
Okarodoc - Gizonde (lv1-10), Razonde, she starts using this from Lv50 on.
Magical Wand - Foie (lv21-30), Rafoie (she'll use Rafoie from Lv100 on).

She uses neutral armour up until Lv50 where she'll use dark armour.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 30, 2007, 01:16 PM
Sadly, that Marguisa's RA-techs would probably be more useful than her Rafoie that she rarely uses once she's past 100 >_>

Morganna
Nov 30, 2007, 02:45 PM
It was kind of funny, this morning when I went through the mission for the first time.

Here was the whole song and dance about her being a pathetic scrub getting in over her head, and when the trial actually starts she's like level 60ish http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And toting S ranks as well 0.0

Rizen
Nov 30, 2007, 04:54 PM
I just have to comment on this.

Did anyone noticed that Lumia is considered "Guntecher" by her card?! Since when do Guntechers use Rods and not a single gun!

KyEmo
Nov 30, 2007, 04:57 PM
I noticed that to, lol.

Darksparda
Nov 30, 2007, 05:20 PM
On 2007-11-30 13:54, Rizen wrote:

Did anyone noticed that Lumia is considered "Guntecher" by her card?! Since when do Guntechers use Rods and not a single gun!

That's what I like to know.

Wavey
Nov 30, 2007, 05:37 PM
its a shame she isn't that useful really, in my opinion

KyEmo
Nov 30, 2007, 05:40 PM
She is smart though.

I guess its brains or brawn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shadow_Wing
Nov 30, 2007, 06:02 PM
what guntecher? lol.

ErtaiClou
Nov 30, 2007, 06:53 PM
I thought she was just hiding guns.

drizzle
Nov 30, 2007, 07:02 PM
She's a level 1 guntecher and yeah most techs are under 10 as well ;P
Fear that 100 damage Rafoie (with retier up).

And she likes to overwrite my level 20 retier with a level 1 one >_>

Worst NPC yet.

KyEmo
Nov 30, 2007, 07:05 PM
She's not totally bad, but PM + Tonnio is still the best.

DonRoyale
Nov 30, 2007, 07:10 PM
She's at least more useful than Ethan. >.>

Zekester
Nov 30, 2007, 07:27 PM
Anyone else notice Maya is actually using reverser when you get shocked?
And healing more frequently?
I thought it was niffty.

Morganna
Dec 1, 2007, 06:43 PM
Did she? I didn't notice, she was acting like a jerk towards poor Lumia. Sure, she relented of it later on, but I don't like how she's gone from airhead scientist eyecandy to strict no-nonsense military type when Lumia showed up. In fact, the only people in this chapter without personality issues (which admittedly resolve themselves) are yourself and Lumia, and maybe that girl you rescue.

Morganna
Dec 1, 2007, 06:47 PM
Did she? I didn't notice, she was acting like a jerk towards poor Lumia. Sure, she relented of it later on, but I don't like how she's gone from airhead scientist eyecandy to strict no-nonsense military type when Lumia showed up. In fact, the only people in this chapter without personality issues (which admittedly resolve themselves) are yourself and Lumia, and maybe that girl you rescue.

Broodstar1337
Dec 1, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-11-30 16:10, DonRoyale wrote:
She's at least more useful than Ethan. >.>

You've gotta be kidding me...

Broodstar1337
Dec 1, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-11-30 13:54, Rizen wrote:

Since when do Hunters have access to wands? NPCs aren't consistent with the rest of the game.

Rizen
Dec 1, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-12-01 15:57, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Since when do Hunters have access to wands? NPCs aren't consistent with the rest of the game.
Its a joke my man, lighten up.

Maxson
Dec 1, 2007, 08:09 PM
On 2007-12-01 15:47, Morganna wrote:

I wouldn't be too hard on Maya- the camp turned out to be as dangerous as she thought it would be, and Lumia's naiveté nearly got them all killed (if you want to be really harsh, Lumia got the AMF soldier killed). Maya was definitely overprotective, but considering all that's been going on, it's understandable.

SStrikerR
Dec 1, 2007, 08:16 PM
Hey how bout we all not talk about A.I. like they should be decent?
Oh and not talking about them like they're real?

Maxson
Dec 1, 2007, 08:23 PM
What else IS there to say about AI besides how terrible they are?

RemiusTA
Dec 1, 2007, 08:55 PM
On 2007-11-30 15:53, ErtaiClou wrote:
I thought she was just hiding guns.

Ethans little sister always stay strapped

she got a tool stashed in her back pocket

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-12-01 18:09 ]</font>

Rizen
Dec 1, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-12-01 17:09, Maxson wrote:

I wouldn't be too hard on Maya- the camp turned out to be as dangerous as she thought it would be, and Lumia's naiveté nearly got them all killed (if you want to be really harsh, Lumia got the AMF soldier killed). Maya was definitely overprotective, but considering all that's been going on, it's understandable.
You also have to remember that Maya has already gone through a lot of emotional changes already such as the death of Professor Kou and Hyuga's disappearance and condition. You also have to take into account the long history she has with Laia (them being training partners) and the thought of anything happening to her could have easily sent her spiraling, but she decided to stay strong and take matters into her own hands.

In the case of Lumia, she was right to treat her the way she did. Lumia was being rather reckless and not very serious in the matters of being a Guardian at times (as you will see in later chapters at times). She had no combat experience at all and entered basically a ground zero area like the title of being a Guardian meant she was invincible. She had the right attitude, but at the wrong time. Its the exact same reason why Laia snapped at her in the first place when she first met her. Basically, Maya was preparing Lumia for obstacles ahead and telling her to grow up. She didn't have a personality issue. Lumia asked to come and be instructed, so she got it. Its the same way if you were to enter the military and they have to break you in.

All in all, you will noticed alot of personality changes in characters in Ep3, whether is minor and major. People who played Ep2 noticed a drastic change in Laia from Chapter 1 to 10. In my opinion, Ep3 is off to a great start in the right direction, I only hope they keep this up.

And the comments about she sucks, as I stated before, she does have a good AI, just shes very weak and dies easily.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 1, 2007, 09:25 PM
The NPCs seem to reversing when ur afflicted, even Lumia does it (does it even faster than me <<)

landman
Dec 1, 2007, 10:05 PM
(does she giresta you when you are dead?)

Morganna
Dec 1, 2007, 10:34 PM
On 2007-12-01 18:16, Rizen wrote:
She didn't have a personality issue. Lumia asked to come and be instructed, so she got it. Its the same way if you were to enter the military and they have to break you in.

So then, your philosophy then is that it is okay to treat others roughly if you decide for them that they need rough treatment?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morganna on 2007-12-01 19:38 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
Dec 1, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-12-01 18:16, Rizen wrote:

On 2007-12-01 17:09, Maxson wrote:

You also have to remember that Maya has already gone through a lot of emotional changes already such as the death of Professor Kou and Hyuga's disappearance and condition. You also have to take into account the long history she has with Laia (them being training partners) and the thought of anything happening to her could have easily sent her spiraling, but she decided to stay strong and take matters into her own hands.

In the case of Lumia, she was right to treat her the way she did. Lumia was being rather reckless and not very serious in the matters of being a Guardian at times (as you will see in later chapters at times). She had no combat experience at all and entered basically a ground zero area like the title of being a Guardian meant she was invincible. She had the right attitude, but at the wrong time. Its the exact same reason why Laia snapped at her in the first place when she first met her. Basically, Maya was preparing Lumia for obstacles ahead and telling her to grow up. She didn't have a personality issue. Lumia asked to come and be instructed, so she got it. Its the same way if you were to enter the military and they have to break you in.

All in all, you will noticed alot of personality changes in characters in Ep3, whether is minor and major. People who played Ep2 noticed a drastic change in Laia from Chapter 1 to 10. In my opinion, Ep3 is off to a great start in the right direction, I only hope they keep this up.

And the comments about she sucks, as I stated before, she does have a good AI, just shes very weak and dies easily.

I agree with you in enjoying the direction of where Episode 3 is going. However [spoiler-box]I was suprised with Maya going over the top like that. I didn't think that she had it in her. In return, I figured that Laia wouldn't be so affected by her Father's demise... yet she was. Not to mention that everyone came to bark on her (including Ethan) and everyone barked on everyone else. It was madness. Your character was the one ready not ready to kick someone else rear end. The story has gotten real intense and I can't wait to see how it goes. That includes what Ethan decides to do, whether Curtz is off duty, Hyuga's condition and the shady work of the communion of Gurhal.[/spoiler-box] And people said that the PSU story was lame. I beg to differ now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif