PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Sound anomaly in new missions

Chaosgyro
Nov 30, 2007, 02:20 PM
I'm running AoI on my new PC, which never gets any slowdown and can pretty much pwn the game at full settings. I went into the Sacred Stream and White Beast missions earlier today and suddenly I can't hear any of my techs casting, and sometimes not even the sound of weapon swings.

All other sounds appear to be fine. I can hear the music, sounds of impact, and occasionally speech from the enemy NPCs. I can even hear the ding when my wand powers up to cast, but as soon as the tech is on its way I get either no sound or rarely some truncated patchy effect.

This only happens in the missions released today. I ran AMF Subway a few times and the tutorial mission once and the sound was flawless the whole way through. Has anyone else experienced this, or jave any suggestions on how to fix it?

EspioKaos
Nov 30, 2007, 02:23 PM
I've experienced the same thing before. The first time was during the Platinum Cup. Oddly enough, it only happened when I was playing the Neudaiz mission and we were inside the temple. Outside everything was fine, but once I got in, my TECHNICs were silent along with my teammates' weapons and such.

CelestialBlade
Nov 30, 2007, 02:47 PM
This happens to me all the time in My Room, I can't hear any character voices in there, most of the time I can't hear my own footsteps.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 30, 2007, 02:53 PM
Happens in My Room, Hakura Temple fields, Pavilion of Air fields, and several boss arenas. I updated my sound card drivers and it fixed most (not sure about all) of this issue.

watashiwa
Nov 30, 2007, 03:40 PM
Do any of you guys have 5.1 soundcards? I remember I had a sound issue when I first started playing PSU vanilla back in the day which was similar but limited to character voices only.

I only had to go into my sound card's Control Panel program and force speaker output to 2.0/2.1 only.

BaconZero
Nov 30, 2007, 03:50 PM
I had that happen to me back in the day when fighting De Ragan (music just stopped playing and didnt hear the dragon stomping around) But, im not too sure, but since i messed with the sound option in the option menu before starting the game, it works fine now. But i didnt experience the no casting sound in the new missions this morning. My setting are on high, but im using frame skip 3, but that might have something to do with it too. o_o;