PDA

View Full Version : whatever you do, DO NOT talk to the fortune teller in the lo

Phantom44357
Nov 30, 2007, 03:38 PM
I just lost my 3 star luck because i talked to the fortune teller at the top of the mountain on neudaiz. I believe it corresponds with the amount of money you give her. if you pay 100, you get zero luck. If you pay 1000, you get lvl 1 luck, and if you pay 10000 which is what i did, you get level 2 luck. Now I'm truly hoping that this will reset once the day is over and give me 3* tomorrow but i truly don't know. All i know is that i was really pissed to find this out the hard way. so STAY AWAY FROM THE FORTUNE TELLER.

BaconZero
Nov 30, 2007, 03:41 PM
I was tempted to try her out when i got there. But, i see what the risk is now. That really sucks man.

Deissa
Nov 30, 2007, 03:43 PM
She does not give you a set amount of luck depending on money paid. She changes it, and the chances of getting a good amount of luck and the time it lasts for depends on how much you pay. You could get Lv3 luck by paying 100 meseta too, you know.

KTani
I guess you weren't reading the stuff the JP server players were saying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif The shrine maiden gives you random luck, though I would assume more money = higher chance at higher luck. No one really needs her services right now since everyone has 3* luck from 1Up, though. I've heard it's best to only get her to change it when you have 0, since she doesn't always raise your luck. It's not permanent, though I don't remember how long it lasts. You'll have 3* again when the game resets your luck to the day's amount. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Flwl3ssCowboy
we have 3* luck already, why did you talk to her in the first place?

Retehi
On 2007-11-30 12:43, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

I ask myself this everytime I see someone complain about losing their luck today.

It's really baffling.

Deissa
Nov 30, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-11-30 12:43, Retehi wrote:
I ask myself this everytime I see someone complain about losing their luck today.

It's really baffling.

Ours is not to question why.
No, really, don't. Nothing good can come out of questioning this.

Dealer
Nov 30, 2007, 03:58 PM
You act like the girl says "Want to change your 3* luck to zero?" or that it's not the first day we can talk to her. All she mentions is a fortune and actually gives you one after paying. It's an honest mistake that hundreds will make. (and I made myself)

Deissa
Nov 30, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-11-30 12:58, Dealer wrote:
You act like the girl says "Want to change your 3* luck to zero?" or that it's not the first day we can talk to her. All she mentions is a fortune and actually gives you one after paying. It's an honest mistake that hundreds will make. (and I made myself)

What he said. And furthermore, it's not as if she's going "HAR HAR ALL YOUR 1UP LV3 LUCK SHALL BE MINE NOW". It'll go. In less than a day. Just quit worrying about it. It's hardly the end of the world.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Nov 30, 2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I don't mean to make some kind of U PAYD FOR DIFF LUK? HURRRRRRRR kinda remark. I actually wanted to know. It's not incredibly important that I find out though.

Pandorasbox
Nov 30, 2007, 04:07 PM
Reminds me of something I learned in college (wow). Buyer beware. Although, I must admit i was tempted to so so as well.

Phantom44357
Nov 30, 2007, 04:11 PM
idk what's so baffling about the situation. i was bored, had no idea what it would do because there was no explaination and i figured it was just some novelty fortune cookie thing. It's already been said but it's extremely easy to just make that mistake because there's no warning or explaination. I didn't even put it together until i started asking around and someone asked me if i saw the fortune teller, then we figured that was what we had in common.

Deissa
Nov 30, 2007, 04:20 PM
Yes, but you know now. Your luck will return to normal. That should be the end of it. Don't bug yourself out over it is all I'm saying...

Morphix
Nov 30, 2007, 04:27 PM
I did the same. Didn't really know what she did clicked away. Thankfully if I'm reading right it will go back in few hours.

Akaimizu
Nov 30, 2007, 04:27 PM
She changes it? Oooh. I guess that means when the female humans get another long streak of zero luck, she'll be like gold. Any luck is better than nothing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kion
Nov 30, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-11-30 12:43, Flwl3ssCowboy wrote:

actually it's kind of fun the talk to her as you get a fortune along with it. Mine was; "Today, will be hard going but once a friend joins it will continue to get better from there." It's kind of like a fortune cookie. It may say something that doesn't pertain to you at all, but it's still fun.

And with everyone having 3* luck, there's more than enough peopl eto mooch off of in case you feel like trying it out.