PDA

View Full Version : Trade Common Sense 101

Balthor
Jan 7, 2003, 02:38 PM
Alrighty kids, here's the basis of my lesson.

To inform you on trading crap items for uber rares.

Ettiquette on posting in peoples threads.

Etc.

Before I go on, please. . . It is NOT called. . . I repeat. . . It is NOT called OLGA DNA for Christ sakes. Parasitic Gene "Flow/u" is the better term for it, kthx.

The following is a bad example of an offer.

"i will trde 2 mshsuhi's a g-light, and rappys fan 4 ur RIKAS CLAW"

No.

Multiple crap items do not work for people, if you're gonna offer 40 crap rares for something like the Olga Gene, then don't bother typing.

The following are uber rare items that will not be traded for garbage, unless you have another item on the list for the same offer.

Yasminkov7000V
Sealed J-Sword
Yamigarasu
Yasha
Parasitic Gene
God/Ability
Demonic Fork
Broom
Section ID Cards
Book of Hitogata
Handgun:GULD
Handgun:MILLIA
Guldmilia

Example of a bad request:

Topic: I NDE YASHA!

My list:

Dragon Slayer
DB Saber

We'll stop here. Don't bother posting 9*'s. Give those to the Salvation Army thread.

Next on the agenda. Ettiquette

A simple thread.

I need Yasminkov2000H

"I Don't need anything else, that's all, heres my list."

*ITEMS HERE*

Next post.

"i dun hav 2000H bt I want ur *item here* take some PD's 4 it?"

Bad. Bad. Bad. If the man asks for only a certain item, don't bitch him for something else.

Oh, and PD's. The whole "would you take PD's for your *semi-uber rare here*" is seriously bad trading. Offer something of better value, not PD's, huh? -.-;

People have "Want lists". That's a simple thing to understand, right? If you offer something that's not on their want list, don't bother.

Also, I've seen back and forth "what do you want for your *rare here*?"

"what do you have?"

"what do you need?"

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

People, be ready to post lists, give trade links, etc. Don't be lazy and such.

Next, the whole dupe issue.

Shut the fuck up, theres a Cheaters section JUST a wee bit below this one. Take your tears there, and keep your preaching of the satanism of dupes out of here. If you won't contribute to the trade, go away please. The whole "i bet ths r dped" broken record is old.

Seriously, this is all common sense, I hope most of you get a glimpse of this before it's locked. I never seen dumber trade manners in my PSO life.

Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthor_The_Defiled on 2003-01-07 11:42 ]</font>

Munki
Jan 7, 2003, 02:44 PM
Your right. People that don't have good rares shouldn't even TRY to get better ones through trading. I mean, nobody wants PDrops right?

Seriously. I agree with what you say, except the Pdrop thing. Sometimes that's all you got. And if an individual DOESN'T want Pdrops for something, they will say so in their thread. And if somebody STILL offers Pdrops... well then I agree that's a boo boo.

Besides... some people may be hoping that someone who is trading a dupe (and we all now it is happening) will take pity on them, and trade them for their low level 'crap' rares.

Once again... if you don't like someones trade list, don't read or bother to acknowledge them. I don't think it is fair to tell someone to not even try.

They will just get disappointed alot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Balthor
Jan 7, 2003, 02:51 PM
I shoulda clarified on the PD part.

Offering 5 PD's for let's say. . . DF Field sound a bit raunchy to you? I can understand PD's for lower weapons and 9*'s. But for high level armor, and such, it just seems like a rip.

Munki
Jan 7, 2003, 03:04 PM
Eh... Like I said before... different situations call for different offers.

If I had a DF field, and I really wanted some high PDrop item (i.e. Heart Key, Magic Water, Blue/Black, etc), I very well may let my DF field go for PDrops... maybe not 5, more like 8 or more, but still.

But I would make sure to include that in my topic for my trade list. All I think is if somebody doesn't SPECIFICALLY mention that they don't want Pdrops, then there should be no reason NOT to offer them. No harm would be done. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pixelate
Jan 7, 2003, 04:02 PM
I'm going to sticky this, because it's a nice simple guide and may cut down on unsuccessful trading.

Gartywood
Jan 7, 2003, 04:37 PM
I would just like to add that when someone posts a list you shouldnt offer them something that they already have. I was once offered one of three 9 stars for my stag cutlery and to top it off i already had 2 of them and they were on my list.

Phartoophar
Jan 8, 2003, 10:54 AM
This is a good guide, but it is kind of elitist and restrictive. I may not have a lot of experience trading PSO but I have a vast amount of experience trading magic. Lots of trading went on with usenet even before the internet had frames, even before it existed even. And it looked a lot like this. The fact of the matter is, sometimes you need 4 common items faster than you can dig them up yourself. I mean really, is a DB's saber for two grinders such a bad trade. Its pretty lousy to treat this forum with such an elitist attitude as to say if you don't have one of theese 10 items don't bother posting.

The problem isn't crappy items, its lack of a method that is adequate for their trade. What you need to use is a point auction if you have some crap and want some other crap. As a matter of fact I think I'll poist one and see if it flies. That seems simpler than posting all the rules here.

We all have different section ID's and characters, we have to be able to trade crap for crap, just to see what all the crap was like for ourselves.

Blue147
Jan 9, 2003, 06:44 PM
lol this is funny your tell people what is crapy and whats not lol.its not up to you balthor the what ever to decside what is and isn't crapy its up to the trader and i'm not try to be better then anybody i'm just say what i think.lol

Raz
Jan 10, 2003, 11:07 PM
the only thing that gets me mad is when you see this:

My Have List:
DB's SABER
DRAGON SLAYER
FLOWENS

My Want List:
Morning glory
Sange & Yasha
BKB

if you dont have these dont bother posting

Numair
Jan 11, 2003, 11:16 AM
What I really hate is when u show your items and they show theirs too and they dont have anything you want so you say Im srry I dont see nething.Then they start BEGGING o come on PLZZZZZZZ ill give your 4 of these for that! Come on be nice...... and then they wont leave you alone the whole time your there so u have to leave.*sighs*

Balthor
Jan 18, 2003, 04:32 AM
Alrighty, a small update from the seedy side of Vega.

Gi Gue Bazooka, Yasminkov7000V, Dark Weapons, Parasitic Gene Flow, Sealed J-Sword, Tsumiriki J-Sword, Handgun:MILIA, Book of HITOGATA, Dancing Hitogata, all got nerfed thanks to XXX and his goonies, so ask for them with your 9* lists, I don't care.

The next block of uber rares in the daily life of PSO:

Yamigarasu
Tripolic Shield
Yasha (wtf, this piece of shit is STILL being yanked off too?)
Prophets of Motav
Flame Garment
Evil Curst
God/Ability
Madams Parasol

AGAIN, for christ sakes, don't ask for these if your list starts out with 9 stars or something, these are UBER rares, which means they won't be traded off for anything else other than the other items on the list.

Trust me, I hang on Vega daily, don't even try.

Anyway, thanks to those who added to this, and no thanks to those who complained.

-KNUCKLES-
Jan 20, 2003, 12:39 PM
hi i want a couple of items on your list. i have:
Meteor cudgel
ancient saber
asuka
sinow berrils #1
red partisan
and other stuff.
if you are interrested write back

pixelate
Jan 21, 2003, 04:08 AM
On 2003-01-20 13:43, Munki wrote:
Don't offer trades to someone and then leave them hanging.

What I mean by this, is don't offer up a trade, and then not log on, or respond to the trade offer for the next 3-4 days. If the person was interested and wanted to take you up on your offer, then they will have their items tied up, waiting for you to respond. If at all possible, after you make an offer, try to check on the status of that trade within a reasonable amount of time.

Same thing goes for posting a trade list. Don't post a list, and then not respond to interested parties for extended periods of time.

Balthor
Jan 21, 2003, 07:04 PM
Har. . .

This obviously isn't a trade list. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Read the whole thread next time people!

Elusive_Llama
Feb 5, 2003, 08:26 AM
Another one...don't agree to trade, then turn around and trade with somebody else who has made a better offer just half an hour after you 'sealed the deal'. That is very bad manners and will get you blacklisted by those whom you screwed.

yan2003
Feb 14, 2003, 09:39 AM
oh noooooooo, I just traded my morning glory sange for some crapy weapons, if I get another one sange, what would u give me?

TheHulk4
Feb 18, 2003, 01:57 PM
Another thing I've noticed thats pretty messed up is when someone started a trade list or something and there making a trade and then someone comes onto your thread and posts to trade with the person your trying to trade to.
Thats MESSED UP, its their thread, trade with them and don't steal their trades.

ChuChuMAN
Feb 19, 2003, 07:12 PM
well how do u get started cuz i only have a FEW 9* all of um suk and no other anything! and i LOVE doubleBladed wep but cant get any and i only 1 char and hes only LVL 29 wat do i do???????????????

Gartywood
Feb 23, 2003, 01:17 AM
ok it seems the new deal on these trade forums is to bash people that are looking to trade for s-ranks. S ranks are going for a pretty high price and if i spent a lot of time in c mode i would most likely get a few s ranks and pick jsut about any other items in the game for them. the fact is that challenge takes a lot of time and during that time you arent earning experience for your character. for people like me who dont have much a lot of time to play doing cmode cuts into the leveling that could be accomplished during that precious time. now while i do play c mode once in a while i am not going to have the time to devote to it to get the s rank so if i had a bunch of good stuff i would probably trade a bunch off for an s rank and there is nothing wrong with that.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 6, 2003, 07:09 PM
Well now, I have a question. What do the Section ID cards do? Do they change your ID when equipped to vary your item findings?

pixelate
Mar 6, 2003, 08:59 PM
On 2003-03-06 16:09, Orange_Coconut wrote:
Well now, I have a question. What do the Section ID cards do? Do they change your ID when equipped to vary your item findings?

I'm not entirely sure. That's a question that would get a better answer in the Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID Discussion (http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=7&22631) section. ^_^

RubyEclipse
Mar 10, 2003, 06:02 PM
No, the section ID Cards do not change a thing. They are all Force weapons, a throwing type, and using them does not change your ID.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 13, 2003, 10:26 PM
*sob* Why couldn't they make things easier then having 3 memory cards full of characters?

Balthor
Mar 22, 2003, 04:29 PM
It amazes me when people continue to ask for ubers when they know they aren't gonna get them you think people with the following are gonna trade them away for a Rika's Claw or Yasminkov 7000?

Madams Parasol
Handgun GULD
Evil Curst
Broom (I dunno, not mega uber)

Dunno about:

Yasha
Prophets of Motav

Saw a few my self, but not in big numbers.

The following don't even fucking exsist yet.

Demonic Fork
Flame Garment
Rings
Drill Launcher
Rocket Punch

It's pretty rediculous to keep asking for these, even when people continue to ask over and over for them.

It's not gonna happen.

Anywho, everyone else gave good advice, I see a small trend in courtesy.

Trade happy goons.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 29, 2003, 03:04 PM
On 2003-03-22 13:29, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
It amazes me when people continue to ask for ubers when they know they aren't gonna get them you think people with the following are gonna trade them away for a Rika's Claw or Yasminkov 7000?

Madams Parasol
Handgun GULD
Evil Curst
Broom (I dunno, not mega uber)

Dunno about:

Yasha
Prophets of Motav

Saw a few my self, but not in big numbers.

The following don't even fucking exsist yet.

Demonic Fork
Flame Garment
Rings
Drill Launcher
Rocket Punch

It's pretty rediculous to keep asking for these, even when people continue to ask over and over for them.

It's not gonna happen.

Anywho, everyone else gave good advice, I see a small trend in courtesy.

Trade happy goons.

not to mention sonic knuckle. geh i've just stoped telling these people "it doesn't exist they are banned" etc etc.
last week
"NE1 hav heildator's cane"
-.-; thats not even a item in the world of PSO
"there's not such thing"
"i know"
"THEN WHY ....nevermind"
not stressing my mind on how stupid some people can be...
one thing that bothers me is. trading during games
gameplay games when a player would just pic up there things and go to P2 to try and trade their pety items in the middle of a ruins run. i say
"if your gonna make a big trade take it to another room so we can get help from people that want to play"
i sorta wish they made "trade lobbies"

Malkavian
Apr 11, 2003, 12:02 PM
Um what's rare in a Broom? isn't just a cmode prize?

CorneliusPower
Apr 12, 2003, 03:20 AM
On 2003-01-07 11:38, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
Alrighty kids, here's the basis of my lesson.

To inform you on trading crap items for uber rares.

Ettiquette on posting in peoples threads.

Etc.

Before I go on, please. . . It is NOT called. . . I repeat. . . It is NOT called OLGA DNA for Christ sakes. Parasitic Gene "Flow/u" is the better term for it, kthx.

The following is a bad example of an offer.

"i will trde 2 mshsuhi's a g-light, and rappys fan 4 ur RIKAS CLAW"

No.

Multiple crap items do not work for people, if you're gonna offer 40 crap rares for something like the Olga Gene, then don't bother typing.

The following are uber rare items that will not be traded for garbage, unless you have another item on the list for the same offer.

Yasminkov7000V
Sealed J-Sword
Yamigarasu
Yasha
Parasitic Gene
God/Ability
Demonic Fork
Broom
Section ID Cards
Book of Hitogata
Handgun:MILLIA
Guldmilia

Example of a bad request:

Topic: I NDE YASHA!

My list:

Dragon Slayer
DB Saber

We'll stop here. Don't bother posting 9*'s. Give those to the Salvation Army thread.

Next on the agenda. Ettiquette

A simple thread.

I need Yasminkov2000H

"I Don't need anything else, that's all, heres my list."

*ITEMS HERE*

Next post.

"i dun hav 2000H bt I want ur *item here* take some PD's 4 it?"

Bad. Bad. Bad. If the man asks for only a certain item, don't bitch him for something else.

Oh, and PD's. The whole "would you take PD's for your *semi-uber rare here*" is seriously bad trading. Offer something of better value, not PD's, huh? -.-;

People have "Want lists". That's a simple thing to understand, right? If you offer something that's not on their want list, don't bother.

Also, I've seen back and forth "what do you want for your *rare here*?"

"what do you have?"

"what do you need?"

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

People, be ready to post lists, give trade links, etc. Don't be lazy and such.

Next, the whole dupe issue.

Shut the fuck up, theres a Cheaters section JUST a wee bit below this one. Take your tears there, and keep your preaching of the satanism of dupes out of here. If you won't contribute to the trade, go away please. The whole "i bet ths r dped" broken record is old.

Seriously, this is all common sense, I hope most of you get a glimpse of this before it's locked. I never seen dumber trade manners in my PSO life.

Thank you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthor_The_Defiled on 2003-01-07 11:42 ]</font>

Get over it.

magi_drakee
Apr 12, 2003, 09:04 AM
One thing i hate is when someone makes you an offer, but you either A) already have what they are offering, or B) already going to get the offered item in a trade thats pending, then you tell them no thanks for whatever reason, and they completely flame you. One guy on these forums, Krank40oz I believe his name was, offered me a demo comet and something else for one of my items, but I was already getting a demo comet in a trade, so I told him no thank you I'm already getting a demo comet. Then he PM'ed me back flaming me because I didn't want to make the trade. I mean come on, I get turned down for trades all the time, you know what I say? I say, "Okay, thanks anyways." People shouldn't flame people just because they dont want to make a trade. Do we not all have a right to either make or not make a trade?

Balthor
Apr 15, 2003, 11:36 PM
CornrollPower wrote:
Get over it.

Nice to quote the orginal post which is eons old, and come off with a 3 liner that must have taken 3 brain cells to think it up.

Sorry, but I hate dorks like that.

Anywho, item wise, nothings rare anymore, so I could care less now about what I see in want lists and whatnot.

Otherwise, take rest of the advise is nice, so hopefully, they'll be more smart traders ("hopefully")

Carry on.

Eagle
Apr 30, 2003, 05:14 PM
Ok first P drops arent worth crap.

I'll trd you 90 drops for your yamigarusa is a good trade.

another thing to all of you people

photon spheres are NOT worth 99 pds thats a trick

and if a guy named bob comes along and try's to trade you a present and say its an s rank HE'S LYING

s3rial_one
May 3, 2003, 10:15 AM
Here's another bit of common sense: when posting a trade, specificy what console it's for. There's a drop-down box when you're creating a subject that lets you do so -- make use of it.

Auracom
May 12, 2003, 03:27 PM
Here's something else that people should not do...

Walk into a game that has no title relating to a trade game... and start posting their list of wants. They leave immediately after you say no, or just don't leave all together. Basically they kill space and try to piss you off. This is mainly the reason why I stay away from Public games.

PS I have no problem with people who play for awhile and ask to trade later on into the the game.

Maki_Nomiya
May 13, 2003, 02:20 AM
On 2003-04-11 10:02, Malkavian wrote:
Um what's rare in a Broom? isn't just a cmode prize?

I agree - -;;

s3rial_one
May 17, 2003, 07:42 PM
Yet another one...

Everywhere I trade; here, GameFAQs, the Trading Post... Everyone always wants to discuss the trade in email, or AIM, or Yahoo, or MSN, or whatever messenger they use.

Look, there isn't much to discuss. something like AIM can be handy for arranging meeting times or whathaveyou, because it's instant and it's damned near universal. Yahoo is not, MSN is not, and email's too slow.

What's more, the forums exist for a freaking reason: use them. There really isn't a whole lot to discuss pertaining to a trade. It usually goes: offer, counter-offer, repeat as necessary, arrange meeting, and you're done. No need to complicate the process; use the forums that everyone's already on. If you're dead set on sending messages that no one else can see, use the PM function, or at the very least, AIM.

Joko
May 23, 2003, 11:59 PM
I jsut read this post- its nice. lol

Zuna
Jun 2, 2003, 11:15 AM
Yes problem is during a game someone suddenly comes in, and just ask "I am looking for..." "Do you have xx for trade?" we say no then he leaves... but our team name is not "trade" or any thing related to trade..

for trade here in PSOW some ppl are really something, of coz trade is 2-sided, you offer, and I offer.. i put my things in tradelist that means there is a chance i will trade those things out, (not to mention some ppl they just put everything on the list, and they even dont note that something is sure not for trade..) . but if i dont get the things i think it is worth of coz i wont trade it out, then they will say, 'dont put the stuffs you dont trade on tradelist' etc... isnt that once i put it on my tradelist i must trade it out whatever ppl offer?? no way

Another problem is the arrangement of trading time, you know it is really hard to arrange trade with US players, as i live in europe. Sometimes i really dont mind staying a bit longer , even overnight to wait for a trade.. some players are nice, they really try to put effort like they are sure when they can be on and tell me .. but some they just said ah i dont know when i can get online etcetc exam homework... Dont post any thing for trade if they are so busy!! (although they have right to do so) a trade pending for 3 weeks... maybe i can get from other players already.. so just hope they dont waste their time, or others time.
or just really note that you cant trade immediately..

also this bored really moves so fast, and now we are limited to 3 bumps a week, so , consider other ppl, use your own post.. dont just post a topic looking for 1 item..

I have had bad expereience in trading with a player here (he is hated by other players too)but now he has another name here , and i just traded with him again recently, so i forget about it already and hope everyone will really enjoy the trading here..

Just my little opinion;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zuna on 2003-06-02 09:17 ]</font>

TinyD
Jun 16, 2003, 04:18 AM
Hi balthor, just a question, but if you found a rafoie level 30, would you trade it me for 3 monomates and a photograph of larry grayson riding on a small pony?

Let me know,

Tiny D

AngelAlys
Jun 20, 2003, 02:59 AM
LMAO Tiny... I dont really care if this causes a wad of the "freaks" on this post to get even more stressed then they already seem to be, but FFS calm down half of you... we're talking about chuffing trading here, Balthor, I really think you need therepy and lots of it in a short space of time!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelAlys on 2003-06-20 04:37 ]</font>