PDA

View Full Version : AoI opening cut scene...

I-am-Evan
Nov 30, 2007, 09:16 PM
That song.... is so sick!!!! i love it!!!

but really after listening to it and watching that intro
i almost feel like the biggest loser on earth....

that song is hella cheesy

does anyone else think so?

I-am-Evan
Nov 30, 2007, 09:30 PM
this is a close one....
Come on PSU community ... i want to know how you all feel about this song
i've got it on repeat on itunes right now i'm bumpin' it into the night; all night.

Noblewine
Nov 30, 2007, 11:53 PM
It's all right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Alisha
Nov 30, 2007, 11:57 PM
i personally think its terrible. its sounds dumb and hard rock riffs dont fit psu. i poersonally think the original theme song fit better.

Immortal44
Dec 1, 2007, 01:12 AM
openning cut scene? when does this play? Is it offline or during ep3 online? so far on the offline I havent seen any cut scenes at all, havent played episode 3 yet today (maybe tomorrow). I think I know the song that your talking about though. Its an awesome song, much better than the one they had originally as the theme.
PS: I have the PC version.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 1, 2007, 01:22 AM
Just stay at the "Press start" screen, it'll play it. And on-topic. I think the song is cool. Much better than what V1 had.

Angelo
Dec 1, 2007, 09:10 AM
On 2007-11-30 20:57, Alisha wrote:
i personally think its terrible. its sounds dumb and hard rock riffs dont fit psu. i poersonally think the original theme song fit better.

Agree 100%

Sega and SonicTeam games (PSO, Burning Rangers, NiGHTS, etc.) have always had a neat little funk/jazzy sound to them like the first opening, which is awesome.

The AoI opening is depressing because it's like the 'Shadow The Hedgehog' of PSU songs.

Parn
Dec 1, 2007, 09:30 AM
Uh, what? Hard rock is not new for Sonic Team at all. A fair selection of songs in the original Sonic Adventure had guitar riffs as a primary focus. The songs for CHAOS boss fights, the Open Your Heart opening theme, Sky Deck, and so on.

Angelo
Dec 1, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-12-01 06:30, Parn wrote:
Uh, what? Hard rock is not new for Sonic Team at all. A fair selection of songs in the original Sonic Adventure had guitar riffs as a primary focus. The songs for CHAOS boss fights, the Open Your Heart opening theme, Sky Deck, and so on.

Guitar /=/ hard rock.

Alot've the Sonic Adventure 1 songs were considered to be 'Fusion' which is a of hybrid of jazz and rock (Just listen to Station Square and it's pretty apparent).. All except for Open Your Heart which was clearly rock, a few others I'm sure.

That Sonic Team type of 'rock' also had class to it. Crush 40 had Jun Senoue as it's primary arranger.

This AoI song is just garbage and sounds like any of the generic junk pumped out've American MTV.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 1, 2007, 10:01 AM
The original had nothing to really do with science fiction like PSU. At least the new one has momentum and gets one excited to play.

Parn
Dec 1, 2007, 10:04 AM
So at first you're trying to tell me I'm wrong and reference a song that I wasn't talking about, then at the same time you acknowledge that some songs in Sonic Adventure were indeed rock.

Ooooooookay.

ShadowTFF
Dec 1, 2007, 10:05 AM
I like it.

So therefore everyone else had better dang well like it. >:[

Parn
Dec 1, 2007, 10:08 AM
Ah, here we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMK5pKQnJsk

Broodstar1337
Dec 1, 2007, 10:40 AM
Can't believe any of you guys prefer the old song to the new one.

Angelo
Dec 1, 2007, 10:45 AM
On 2007-12-01 07:04, Parn wrote:
So at first you're trying to tell me I'm wrong and reference a song that I wasn't talking about, then at the same time you acknowledge that some songs in Sonic Adventure were indeed rock.

Ooooooookay.

No, I'm saying that the rock in Sonic Adventure is a very different kind of rock than the AoI opening.

Also that Chaos song you're using as an example is not a good song at all in my book. I don't know how you managed to pick out a chunk of brimstone in a soundtrack full of gems.

Bravo.

I guess I should just opt out of this thread now since I obviously won't be winning any music debates with this MTV crowd.

I'm sure if I was more up with the times and spent my free time watching Naruto AMVs to "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" I'd enjoy the new theme more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-12-01 07:47 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Dec 1, 2007, 10:59 AM
In my opinion, both songs are only O-K. Nothing special, but nothing terrible. Just okay.

Weeaboolits
Dec 1, 2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks a lot, Parn, now you got me listening to all the SA1 music again, I hope you're happy. T_T

Also, I prefer the new opening.

Iduno
Dec 1, 2007, 12:08 PM
this is much better then the old one BUT pso's music > anything psu has offered so far

Shou
Dec 1, 2007, 12:11 PM
LOL they are both good songs. Its just another win for ST's music collection.

UltimateCarl
Dec 1, 2007, 12:16 PM
I fail to see how this song sounds remotely like anything that's been on MTV in the past two years.

Anyway, I like it. Yes, the lines are cheesy. Isn't it SUPPOSED to be that way? In the original plot, the only one of the main characters I developed the smallest interest in was Hyuga, and that was because he was such a dork and you could not take him seriously. Now, Ep.2's plot is pretty good, but the original plot, you have to admit, was lackluster. If the whole thing had been as fun and cheesy as the anime intro and Hyuga, then it would've been a lot better.

Although I'm not going to lie, I'd really prefer a version of this song without the vocals.

Parn
Dec 1, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-12-01 07:45, Angelo wrote:
I don't know how you managed to pick out a chunk of brimstone in a soundtrack full of gems.
...says the smug intellectual, as he sips on his red wine.

Sorry, but there are people out there who like all kinds of music. I've probably spent over a grand on game music soundtracks, as I have a very extensive collection. My apologies that everyone doesn't share your one-size-fits-all, narrowminded point of view on what is and isn't good music.

Kylie
Dec 1, 2007, 02:33 PM
I think it's pretty cool. WE WILL CHOOSE TO FIGHT.

I think I like it more for the music than the lyrics, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2007-12-01 11:37 ]</font>