PDA

View Full Version : PS2 PSU EU Version 1, extreme slowdown/lag/dcing/and loading

HandOfThornz
Nov 30, 2007, 10:27 PM
Firstly i'm still on EU PS2 PSU version 1. all these following probs have started since the AOI update patch/ end of 1up cup!!!

MAIN POINT - my game is now unplayable online for over 9 days.

As of last week i started to notice longer slowness than normal, i did'nt think much about it, as PS2 has slowness issue's anyway. Espically after 1up cup you know how bad lag/slowness can be on PS2!!

Then by Wednesday, i started soloing again. and lag issue's started. first a sec to register a bullet hit on an enemy, then 5 secs then 30 secs, with-in 2 hours. i could fire a bullet, go get a coffee, come back and the bullet still has'nt registered a hit on the enemy!!!!!!

This is now all the time, any time of day, it started at peak time's!!!!

I've just had to leave the game again as slowness with menu's/areas/room is terrible. I'm synthing loads of things across a few characters.
I keep either dc'ing randomly.
When i'm going through menus to synth, each menu takes about 1min. to load. To take out a completed synth takes around 30 secounds!!!!!!

I took action on the issue i had online, by replacing any cables connected to my PS2 - router - the master socket. Then i connected with my phone company(BT) to check my line, they said there was a slight crackle and they sent an engineer round to fix the issue, once fixed, i jumped on PSU to find connection was no better!!!!!
I then got a pro IT dude to come room and check the software in the router is running correctly. he also checked over speed test and ping test.

I spoke to my ISP and they did a quick test and no probs were shown, I'm now in contact with they technical support team to do a indepth search of my connection. i will probally get result after this weekend.

I don't wana point finger's yet till i hear what my ISP has to say, but if there's a prob with the server, please ST let us know.
I've spent a lot of frustrating time trying to play PSU over the last week or so, now all these issue's are taking any fun out of the game.

Anyone have any ideas of how to fix these issues?

(I posted my probs last week in tech support but, no luck to resolve issues)

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 10:29 PM
If someone is downloading anything, using the internet or, worst of all, using a BitTorrent client on your network, that would be the problem. The thing that caused my extreme lag once was someone in the house using uTorrent.
If this isn't your problem, then it's something else network based 100%.

HandOfThornz
Nov 30, 2007, 10:35 PM
Thanx for the quick reply! =)
There's no other connection through my router other than my pc and i never run PS2 and PC at the same time, unplayable hehe.
When you say network based, do you mean ISP or PSU server based?
i had this same prob when i first joined PSU, when i spoke to my ISP they said the PS2/PSU could be over drawing data though my connection, causing the connection to reduce in speed dramacticaly....is that pos. or a load of arse?

Freshellent
Nov 30, 2007, 10:37 PM
Hmm,you might have gotten hit by that GG patch that nailed me and a few others I know. I've had to severely nerf my settings to play,and use this moonspeak program.

Here's the link. I might help,who knows.
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=21715&highlight=autogear

There was a point where I thought about quitting for a while and just playing 2-D fighters,since AoI came out and I enjoy this game far too much I asked around and was directed this progam. It helps a little,if it D/c's you often it's typical. Just something you have to deal with.

Good luck.

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 10:38 PM
It won't be PSU server based unless the entire PSUPS2 community is experiencing the problem, which they aren't.
About the over-drawing, I'm not sure what they were talking about.

Do you have a wireless connection, or is it wired? Do you live in an apartment or a house?
People who are using your wireless network, or your apartment's network, may be doing a lot of downloading/uploading, which would effectively slow your connection down.
If your wireless connection isn't passworded, give it a password so only you can use it, unless you live near some sort of hacker who doesn't have enough money to get his own connection. LOL

DoubleJG
Nov 30, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-11-30 19:37, Icespike wrote:
Hmm,you might have gotten hit by that GG patch that nailed me and a few others I know. I've had to severely nerf my settings to play,and use this moonspeak program.

There was a point where I thought about quitting for a while and just playing 2-D fighters,since AoI came out and I enjoy this game far too much I asked around and was directed this progam. It helps a little,if it D/c's you often it's typical. Just something you have to deal with.

Good luck.

He's playing on PS2, so he can't nerf any settings.

Try posting on Sega's board or mailing THEIR tech support, they might have a better idea. I play on PS2AOI and only experience slowdown when a LOT is going on, such as 4+ people in a party and there's a big monster clutter. It's not that bad, but eh.

Didn't they recently say that Sega is thinking of a way to help out the slowdown issues?

Freshellent
Nov 30, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-11-30 19:46, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

On 2007-11-30 19:37, Icespike wrote:

Good luck.

He's playing on PS2, so he can't nerf any settings.

Try posting on Sega's board or mailing THEIR tech support, they might have a better idea. I play on PS2AOI and only experience slowdown when a LOT is going on, such as 4+ people in a party and there's a big monster clutter. It's not that bad, but eh.

Didn't they recently say that Sega is thinking of a way to help out the slowdown issues?

Oh lovely.

This is what happens when you don't read things kids.
My bad,that'll work for PC users though. Sorry.

HandOfThornz
Nov 30, 2007, 10:51 PM
Thanx all for your advice, you all rock =)
I'll try posting in Technical Offical forums again.

Carlo210
Nov 30, 2007, 11:09 PM
The offical website's moderators said they contacted Sega about gameplay slowdown on the xbox 360, but this has absolutely nothing to do with the network problems that he is having, nor does it have anything to do with the ps2 version of PSU.

HandOfThornz
Dec 10, 2007, 08:50 PM
I'm still experencing probs! i've had a responce from sega support, they are looking nto the issue. They do say they have had not many people mention this. I know from mailing people in-game, there are a few of us experienceing these prob! i think most of these people have quit though! hopefully this post will get their attention!

Please mail SEGA support or leave a message on my offical forum PS2 technical support thread (link below)

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=656663#656663

If your EU PS2/PC PSU vanilla player experiencing -

- Lag( e.g shoot a bullet at an enemy, go get a coffee, then come back to the game and the bullet registers a hit on the enemy)
- Extreme loading times of menu's(e.g. leave your room and to go to GC 2nd floor takes 3mins, or to access your storage through your pm takes over 1min)
- Extreme slowdown( not the slowness of 4+ people in a team causing the game to slowdown, this is a technical/programming hardware issue)
- Dc'ing a lot or randomanly!

Etc...... Let sega know =)

Thanx again to all those that have offered advice!