PDA

View Full Version : Kubara wood and synth rates

Gunslinger-08
Nov 30, 2007, 11:09 PM
I'm frustrated. I've been trying to make a Haktsurahoc with the Yohmei rifle board, but I've failed it 3 times in a row on a 68% chance. Is it just rotten luck, or does using Kubara wood in lieu of the usual wood drop the success rate more than it says?

Remedy
Nov 30, 2007, 11:11 PM
The rate listed is the rate it works at, regardless of what your circumstantial evidence says. :probability101:

Gunslinger-08
Nov 30, 2007, 11:12 PM
I just remember trying to synth a laser cannon back on offline mode, and after about 12 tried with kubara wood and failing, I gave up on it

Miyuki-chan
Dec 1, 2007, 12:04 AM
The only good Kubara weapon is the true ones anyway, the knockoff ones are crap. >.>

Remedy
Dec 1, 2007, 12:54 AM
On 2007-11-30 21:04, Miyuki-chan wrote:
The only good Kubara weapon is the true ones anyway, the knockoff ones are crap. >.>Cometarac and Granarodoc would like to have a word with you.

Gunslinger-08
Dec 1, 2007, 01:05 AM
it's not about function. I simply like the way the Yohmei rifle looks, and when it's Kubara, you get one with none of the writing or stuff on it. It's viable on a technical level, and it looks good, therefore I want it. Oh, and I finally got one on the 4th attempt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Miyuki-chan
Dec 1, 2007, 01:48 AM
On 2007-11-30 21:54, Remedy wrote:

The only good Kubara weapon is the true ones anyway, the knockoff ones are crap. >.>Cometarac and Granarodoc would like to have a word with you.

Those are really good for buffs and debuffs since their low TP makes them not quite as good at anything else.

I was really referring to the melee and ranged knockoffs, most of which are pretty crappy compared to the real weapons. Unless you like boring grey weapons with pitiful acc on them.

Carbinne
Dec 1, 2007, 07:48 AM
Some Kubaras are really good and some Kubaras are really awful. At this point in time though with the ability to sub in Kubara Wood instead of using Walna (which seems to be getting expensive), we might start seeing Kubaras as the 'knock-off' weapons they are supposed to be.

Sometimes though it's just all about the look.

Broodstar1337
Dec 1, 2007, 10:37 AM
On 2007-11-30 21:54, Remedy wrote:

They still suck. They can't damage like other A-rank rods and wands can. Buffs are best done on C-rank weapons due to the low cost of recharge, so what's left? Heals. You can just about heal 'til you're blue in the face and still won't run out on a fully grinded Granarodoc.

Point is that Kubara Knockoffs generally don't perform quite like the true version. It'll have a use if it's lucky, as is the case with the FO weapons.

Remedy
Dec 1, 2007, 10:46 AM
Considering that on difficult, long missions (See: Military Subway S), I've almost depeleted an entire Pegita 9/9 and Cometarac 8/8 combo (which consists of like, what, 2600 PP?) for buffs... Cometaracs and Granarodocs have their place. IT would take two and a half Pumpkinhead 10/10s to match the pool of PP my Pegita and Cometarac have, and with the increased influx of meseta, anyone who whines about recharge costs needs to shut up and host some no-charge games or something.

Indica
Dec 1, 2007, 03:06 PM
I failed a 10* Doric and got a 14* Uranseline