PDA

View Full Version : I love crossbows!

Arcturus
Dec 1, 2007, 02:07 AM
Just showing my appreciation for the ranger's best friend. With what other weapon can you shoot obscene amounts of damage on multiple enemies while moving and strafing the entire time? Here's an example: The fire bullet on my 9* rifle is at level 25. On the ice Sageetas in Sakura Blast, I hit for about 515 a hit. The fire bullet on my 9* crossbow is at level 26. On the same enemies, each bullet does about 340 a hit. Stack them on the same enemy, and that's over a thousand points of damage a hit! While moving the entire time! All that, plus the more-than-manageable PP amount of the Tenora crossbows, equals the best one-handed weapon a ranger could ask for.

Anyone else use one all the time? I certainly don't see enough of them.

BTW, anyone have a Cubo Musrana board they wanna sell me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryoki
Dec 1, 2007, 02:10 AM
On 2007-11-30 23:07, Arcturus wrote:
Just showing my appreciation for the ranger's best friend. With what other weapon can you shoot obscene amounts of damage on multiple enemies while moving and strafing the entire time? Here's an example: The fire bullet on my 9* rifle is at level 25. On the ice Sageetas in Sakura Blast, I hit for about 515 a hit. The fire bullet on my 9* crossbow is at level 26. On the same enemies, each bullet does about 340 a hit. Stack them on the same enemy, and that's over a thousand points of damage a hit! While moving the entire time! All that, plus the more-than-manageable PP amount of the Tenora crossbows, equals the best one-handed weapon a ranger could ask for.

BTW, anyone have a Cubo Musrana board they wanna sell me? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Damn right! That's why I love them.
Also, you should try for a Cubo Tuma. It looks a lot better than Musrana. I've seen it in action and it's awesome.

Arcturus
Dec 1, 2007, 02:12 AM
A Tuma would be amazing, but I've never even seen one (only seen a Musrana board once), making me think that the Tuma would be incredibly hard to obtain.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arcturus on 2007-11-30 23:12 ]</font>

darkante
Dec 1, 2007, 05:18 AM
Yeah, Crossbows are awesome.
Canīt say Twin handguns are too bad either, its pretty situational.

But Rifle...really it could have better atp IMO considering itīs a main weapon of a FG.
Twin Handguns and Crossbow shouldnt be able to outpower it with ease IMO. XD

pikachief
Dec 1, 2007, 05:49 AM
On 2007-12-01 02:18, darkante wrote:

But Rifle...really it could have better atp IMO considering itīs a main weapon of a FG.

sadly ALL of my weapons outpower my rifle. i dont even use it unless im shooting dul;k fakis in the head or im trying to status effect something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

th0rnz
Dec 1, 2007, 06:23 AM
Crossbows are an awesome addition to anyones arsenal, especially a gunner.

Fighgunners with their lvl 30 bullets now are also a good example of a class that works well with a crossbow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: th0rnz on 2007-12-01 03:53 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Dec 1, 2007, 07:54 AM
Fighgunner has guns that aren't crossbow?

Oh yeah, twin handguns, those things.

But yes. Crossbows are massively superior. Got my Cubo Dungas to +5 the other day and mmm, that plus the Rabol Dunga set bonus... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Teh_pozzum
Dec 1, 2007, 07:57 AM
I still use my shotgun ^_^ mainly because of Charm ^_^.

Schubalts
Dec 1, 2007, 07:58 AM
On 2007-12-01 02:49, pikachief wrote:

sadly ALL of my weapons outpower my rifle. i dont even use it unless im shooting dul;k fakis in the head or im trying to status effect something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The purpose of rifles is status effects.

darkante
Dec 1, 2007, 08:06 AM
On 2007-12-01 04:58, Schubalts wrote:

On 2007-12-01 02:49, pikachief wrote:

The purpose of rifles is status effects.

Then they shouldnt have nerfed the status effect endurance on big enemies. ;P

Lv 2 Burn or Virus is enough to effect most big enemies such as Kamatoze and those ones one Sakura Blast if taken example wise which i think is wierd so your answer >>>> Fails.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-01 05:07 ]</font>

jayster
Dec 1, 2007, 08:08 AM
I love crossbows too! My favorite weapon! I had 3 cubo mambas+5 yesterday. I decided I'd try to grind one to 10 and my third cubo mamba made it to 10/10!!!!!

I'm synthing 4 more cubo mamba boards today to try and make sonme more +10's! I love crossbows!

darkante
Dec 1, 2007, 08:11 AM
On 2007-12-01 05:08, jayster wrote:
I love crossbows too! My favorite weapon! I had 3 cubo mambas+5 yesterday. I decided I'd try to grind one to 10 and my third cubo mamba made it to 10/10!!!!!

I'm synthing 4 more cubo mamba boards today to try and make sonme more +10's! I love crossbows!

The day i get a S-rank weapon on either Twin Handguns or Crossbow i will without doubt change to Guntecher from FG. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Omega_Weltall
Dec 1, 2007, 08:58 AM
I'm sorry i just don't see crossbows being that great. Sure they'er stronger than handguns and have a 3 bullet spray at +21 but I just don't see why everyone loves them (probley cause all my crossbow bullets are under lv 5). Sometimes I want to ditch them for a handgun. You can a least go in FPS mode with them. Not bashing anyone, this is just how I feel about them.

norrisj15
Dec 1, 2007, 10:34 AM
On 2007-11-30 23:10, Ryoki wrote:

On 2007-11-30 23:07, Arcturus wrote:

Damn right! That's why I love them.
Also, you should try for a Cubo Tuma. It looks a lot better than Musrana. I've seen it in action and it's awesome.

yes i'd have to say my tuma> my musrana xD
shooting my flamming dragonish things is sweeeeet

yes xbows r the pwnage its established. onlything that worries me is that dualies at lvl 31 get twice teh ele % than xbows, but stil i love the crossbow.

chicken105
Dec 1, 2007, 10:49 AM
Crossbows FTW. Pretty good damage dealing weapons with great status effects. Also great for grabbing EXP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PALRAPPYS
Dec 1, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-12-01 05:58, Omega_Weltall wrote:
I'm sorry i just don't see crossbows being that great. Sure they'er stronger than handguns and have a 3 bullet spray at +21 but I just don't see why everyone loves them (probley cause all my crossbow bullets are under lv 5). Sometimes I want to ditch them for a handgun. You can a least go in FPS mode with them. Not bashing anyone, this is just how I feel about them.

lol, my brother sounds just like you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

He HATES crossbows... he bought one and tried to level it, and then he said, "Screw Crossbows. Machineguns are even better than this crap!"

>_>;

Authenticate
Dec 1, 2007, 11:16 AM

BLASPHEMY! BURN THE HERETIC! BUUUUURRRRRNNN!!!

Crossbows are my favorite weapon as well. Just wish the first 10 levels for their bullets weren't so painful to level. I have Fire, Electric, and Dark up to 21+ right now. Not sure what else I want to suffer through leveling. Maybe Light?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Authenticate on 2007-12-01 08:17 ]</font>

Bliven
Dec 1, 2007, 11:21 AM
I just see crossbows as weaker 1 handed shotguns personally.

Weeaboolits
Dec 1, 2007, 11:22 AM
I like crossbows, but I hate how the change to the bullet at level 11 cuts its range, they get better at 21, but I still don't like the midmark. :<

Dragwind
Dec 1, 2007, 12:05 PM
Crossbows are excellent to use on many situations with any ranger.

However, if you can take the heat or have a good armor wanting to crank out more damage, I'd use a shotgun. I wouldn't disregard rifles either, paired up with the Phantom Line combo they can be pretty devastating with the quick fire rate and combo bonus.

MSAksion
Dec 1, 2007, 12:30 PM
STATUS 3 EFFECT - pretty much now guarantees status with lowered enemy resistance

MOBILE FIRE - you can shoot 3 targets while on the move

Wide ARC - the bullets magically hit things off to the sides as well as directly straight ahead.

THREE TIMES THE PAIN - hit the same monster 3 times thats 1000+ damage + STATUS 3 Or hit 3 enemies for 350+ damage with the WIDE ARC.

Shotguns are stationary, status 2 only, and can't be used by anything more than a Protranser, Guntecher or
ForteGunner. The game's most popular job - figunner can't use shottie but can use 21+ Crossbow now =3

FPS mode - Use a Rifle, Bow, or Dualies. Every class that has access to Xbow has access to a better FPS Gun. A PISTOL in FPS mode Sucks worse than a Rifle in FPS mode due to lack of power - you're still standing still and a pistol has horrible range. Dualies beat single since it hits twice.

Guns that can NOT FPS mode - Grenade, shottie, m-gun, Kikami fan but that auto-locks, and crossbow
Guns that have FPS Mode - Rifle, bow, Laser, Dual pistol, and single pistol

The only jobs FORCED to use the weakest weapon in the game the pistol are ForteFighters and Protransers. Everyone else has access to at least Dual pistols, or Rifles/Bow or Kikami fan.

Most Flying enemies are low enough that m-gun, dualies in strafe mode, and crossbows can still hit their feet!!!! I usually never have to go into FPS mode unless the enemy is REALLY flying high so then whip out RIFLE. And pistol can't shoot them THAT high so FF just stand there and PT try with Laser cannon.

RECAP - STA 3 to Three targets 1000+ damage while dodging PLUS you have a SLICER, SABER, KNIFE ready to strike when you close in.

Hath_Wrobo
Dec 1, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-12-01 08:21, Bliven wrote:
I just see crossbows as weaker 1 handed shotguns personally.

Yak Zenganga level 21-40
- Every 5% health lost is an increase of 3% atp. At 95% health lost, that is an extra 57% atp. Plus, being at that low health without dying is a nice challenge and gets easier with an increase in total hp.
- This 57% atp is added to each bullet, so its almost like a threefold increase.
- Every increase in atp through grinding or unit, also increases the power by threefold

I'm a level 100 Cast GT class 14 with level 2 megistar. I use grinded cubo dungas(5)w/ solid power s and at low health, I can do 600-650 per shot at maximum low health. That is 1800-1950 damage per burst, and each busrt takes about 1 second to fire, maybe a lil less.

Shotguns have more bullets and probably at such an equally high level can out damage the crossbows.

BUT, with shotguns you cannot effectively strafe and it is slower compared to crossbows. Crossbow users can strafe like twin handgun users, which is very helpful to plug all 3 bolts into one enemy at close range without taking damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hath_Wrobo on 2007-12-01 09:48 ]</font>

Bitey
Dec 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
I fell for Crossbows the moment I touched them. I am not even level 110 yet and my bullets are only at level 31 and I am hitting for 520 something a bullet with my Guntecher. That is 2080 damage per second. Add in being able to strafe to that killer damage and do not forget that Crossbows are currently one of the best weapons in the game for spreading status effects then you cannot argue that they are one of the best guns to choose from.

It is a pitty though that not too many people on the Xbox servers realize this. Not only is it rare to even see somebody else have a Crossbow equipped, but to actually see them use it frequently in battle is like a one in one-hundred chance. Most people no the Xbox servers do not even bother leveling up multiple Crossbow bullets. As far as I know, a character named Mamabear and myself are the only two that have all of our elemental bullets for the Crossbow at level 30+.

Nai_Calus
Dec 1, 2007, 01:31 PM

Well, no if you haven't levelled your fucking bullets, of course you don't see the point. The first tier is somewhat annoying and the second is useful but odd, but third tier is fucking win.

Thing is, they really aren't that annoying to level. Bring four or so, link the same bullet to all of 'em, go run some Mad Creatures S or whatever, and find a leader Go Vahra to drain them into with a weakish character so the thing doesn't die. Get a room with a safe spot and you don't even need to be there for it. Once it's tier 2 they've become useful and you can manually get to 21 easy. *shrug*

But I am of course both biased and insane. ;o

darkante
Dec 1, 2007, 01:36 PM
Twin Handguns is very lovely at 40 i have noticed.
They get 36 % in fact! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Doing 500-550 x2 with fire element on Sakura Blast S is a win-win thing .
Especially against those nasty mages. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Think itīs the only mission that i feel very easy to solo on the expansion missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-01 10:37 ]</font>

Midicronica
Dec 1, 2007, 01:45 PM
crossbows yay, etc.

Aviendha
Dec 1, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-12-01 08:16, Authenticate wrote:

Crossbows are my favorite weapon as well. Just wish the first 10 levels for their bullets weren't so painful to level. I have Fire, Electric, and Dark up to 21+ right now. Not sure what else I want to suffer through leveling. Maybe Light?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Authenticate on 2007-12-01 08:17 ]</font>

Light is win. Confuse > Silence, so don't even bother with Ground once you get Light up.

CelestialBlade
Dec 1, 2007, 01:48 PM
Crossbows are my Guntecher's weapon of choice. It fills every one of her roles: high DPS, mob flinching, and SE spreading. Not good for bosses, but they just ROCK for anything else.

And one day I WILL have a Cubo Tuma, I swear it >_>

haruna
Dec 1, 2007, 01:53 PM

Crossbows don't shine til 21+. They aren't too terribly hard to level, at least to me they seemed to go faster than my twin pistols, rifles and machine guns.

Crossbows ignore defense like regular bows, and if all 3 bullets hit, then you tripled your chance at inflicting a status effect too.

darkante
Dec 1, 2007, 01:54 PM
On 2007-12-01 08:16, Authenticate wrote:

Light is awesome cause of all the confuse status.
Other elements is pretty uneeded. X)

Arcturus
Dec 1, 2007, 02:25 PM
The only crossbow bullet I have at 21+ is fire. It's awesome for places like Seabed, where there are lots of big monsters that take a while to kill. Light one on fire... next!... light the next on fire... next! Just wondering what the next bullet I should level will be, since I already have twin handguns and shotgun at 21+ light for confusing mobs, and my rifle at 21+ fire and dark for inflicting damage. Ice, ground or lightning... hmm...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arcturus on 2007-12-01 11:26 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Dec 1, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-12-01 10:53, haruna wrote:
Crossbows ignore defense like regular bows

Not in my experience.

Bitey
Dec 2, 2007, 02:03 AM
On 2007-12-01 11:38, Typheros wrote:

On 2007-12-01 10:53, haruna wrote:
Crossbows ignore defense like regular bows

Not in my experience.

Ditto. Crossbows do more damage to Sleeping Warriors S2 Golmoros than they do to Badira. There should be no damage difference if they truely did pierce defense.

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 2, 2007, 03:33 AM
<3 my two Kokrosoki 6/6. Nice to see others like Crossbow as well.

If only I could get all my Bullets to LV11... {, _ ,}

Alisha
Dec 2, 2007, 03:42 AM
i personally dislike crossbows because a 5 year old could use them effectively. the issue for me is that they are so easy to use effectively that its boring. i have the same issue with slicers. gimme shotguns and cards anyday those keep my mind engaged at least. crossbows arent inherently bad they just arent my personal choice.

Miyoko
Dec 2, 2007, 03:55 AM
Ever since shotties got buffed, I don't use crossbows anymore. Shotguns just deal far more damage now, and SE's aren't as useful as they used to be (especially at Lv100), so... >_>

Gen2000
Dec 2, 2007, 04:04 AM
Yeah as Fortegunner who was a former Xbow lover Shotguns are finally awesome to use now with the combo of ATP boost and bullet flinching, being about to kill small-mid size enemies in about 2-3 shots is pretty nice. Glad I leveled all my Shotgun elements to lv.31+.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 2, 2007, 04:43 AM
On 2007-12-02 00:42, Alisha wrote:
i personally dislike crossbows because a 5 year old could use them effectively. the issue for me is that they are so easy to use effectively that its boring. i have the same issue with slicers. gimme shotguns and cards anyday those keep my mind engaged at least. crossbows arent inherently bad they just arent my personal choice.

give you cards? Those are even easier to use, you don't even have to aim >.> Shotgun is easy to hit enemies with too, it has an even wider spread and more bullets.

I have every Xbow bullet, except ground, at 21+
Cugo Mamba +10. Against opposing element enemies on my beast figh, it's 420 ish damage a piece. With my dualies, it's 500ish damage a bullet. That means my Xbow does almost 1.5 times the damage of dualies. I still have my dualies, but I don't find I use them as often as I use to.

Anyone who doesn't like Xbows, either can't level them, or is just insane.
Slicers however, ARE overrated, any melee PA can do more damage if used correctly, except, oh no! you could get hit while using it!

THE JACKEL

chu-chu-chu
Dec 2, 2007, 10:32 AM
Sometimes xbows are the best weapon to use for a fG or a GT. Sometimes duals are. Other times, rifles are. Shotguns seem pretty strong now, too, and not every situation requires mobility, so the lack of mobility is a situational problem only.

Or you can argue.

I-am-Evan
Dec 2, 2007, 07:53 PM
I love Crossbow i'm a Guntecher and it's my favorite weapon in my palette.
Mamba 10/10 is stronger than any of the S ranks ungrinded its so goooooood...

Rizen
Dec 2, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-12-01 09:30, MSAksion wrote:
The only jobs FORCED to use the weakest weapon in the game the pistol are ForteFighters and Protransers. Everyone else has access to at least Dual pistols, or Rifles/Bow or Kikami fan.
Protransers have access to Bows and Cannons so I wouldn't say they are forced to use them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If you mean for one-hand, then yes.

As for the weakest weapon in the game comment, have you seen pistols in action now? They do really sweet damage now.

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 09:23 PM
Yeah, especially if you get yourself a 10/10 Varista. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KamiSori
Dec 2, 2007, 11:21 PM
the cubo tuma remains one my most wanted weapons

RandomTask
Dec 4, 2007, 01:43 AM
Crossbow to me is the best range weapon in the game. I'm a Guntecher and my 2 favorite weapons are my Cubo Tuma 7/7 and Cubo Musrana 8/8.