PDA

View Full Version : Leogini Beraforte says damn. WHY CAN'T WE???

imfanboy
Dec 1, 2007, 02:07 AM
So here I am in Forest Infiltration C, looking to get a Sleep / Resist so I can ignore the light enemies in the new area. I run past some of those pop-up traps, but my good buddy Leogini S. Beraforte (like the dumb NPC he is) stumbles into it.

Then he says, "Damn! This is bad..."

W.T.F.

OK, I understand that it's probably just a translation of "Chikusho! Mazui da na..." or something similar, but if the NPCS CAN SWEAR WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AS WELL.

GAAAAAAAHHH! Sega is SO FREAKIN' DUMB SOMETIMES!!

Aviva
Dec 1, 2007, 02:09 AM
the game says tech and sexy and a ton of other things that we cant say....and i say damn and hell all the time...they seem to only be censored when the game wants LOL

But heaven forbid you say Pork or homeless! for real...you cant say them LOL

Aviva
Dec 1, 2007, 02:10 AM
or message....what is that? Or mail...can you say mail? I dont remember

Miyuki-chan
Dec 1, 2007, 02:19 AM
or help, still can't say help... also can't say the name of Fuka-misaki. >.>

Weeaboolits
Dec 1, 2007, 03:02 AM
Get on back to Ragol and eat shit and die is why. ;o

pikachief
Dec 1, 2007, 03:31 AM
u cant say basement or market

imfanboy
Dec 1, 2007, 04:41 AM
yeah, but that's all on the 360 server; the PS2/PC servers have one less filter - in effect, you've got 2 filters sitting on your head, one from Microsoft and one from SoA.

I'd be interested to know if he cusses on the 360 version... anyone on the 360 want to lead Leo into one of the Forest Infiltration traps and see what he says? :mrgreen:

pikachief
Dec 1, 2007, 04:42 AM
he says damn.... lol

also u cant say genocide......as in price of genocide http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

relentless
Dec 1, 2007, 05:07 AM
"Darky" and "tihs" are censored. :/ lol

And woot, you can say "bin" again, it's often used by Germans. ("Ich bin" = "I am" etc.) Maybe they realized that it's more associated with German Grammar than perverted meanings.. xD;

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 1, 2007, 08:26 AM
On 2007-12-01 01:41, imfanboy wrote:
yeah, but that's all on the 360 server; the PS2/PC servers have one less filter - in effect, you've got 2 filters sitting on your head, one from Microsoft and one from SoA.

I'd be interested to know if he cusses on the 360 version... anyone on the 360 want to lead Leo into one of the Forest Infiltration traps and see what he says? :mrgreen:

Microsoft does not have a filter. What are you talking about?

Krisan
Dec 1, 2007, 08:57 AM
On 2007-12-01 05:26, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
Microsoft does not have a filter. What are you talking about?

Several words on the 360 version are censored exclusively, such as "Bill Gates" and, I think, a few others alluding to pressure from Microsoft to add a secondary word filter on top of the already obnoxious one.. (Note: This is at least how the censor acted on the 360 version a year ago, when I first heard about the differences.. currently it may be different, but that's how it used to be at the least.)

Angelo
Dec 1, 2007, 09:34 AM
None of us will ever be half the badass Leo Santosa Berafort is.

He earned his 'damn'.

Kietrinia
Dec 1, 2007, 10:02 AM
On 2007-12-01 05:26, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:Microsoft does not have a filter. What are you talking about?Actually they do. I found this while wandering the official forums.

Clumsyorchid wrote:
Popular topic on the forums, comes up every few weeks/months. The filter for Xbox 360 is a standard by Microsoft for text entry in all games, as far as I know. The filter is not something we have direct control over and are adhering a standard set forth by the 1st party.
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=560931#560931

Weeaboolits
Dec 1, 2007, 11:41 AM
Word filters are a nuisance, I couldn't say "spicy" in PSO since "spic" is censored. >_> What the hell is "spic"?

beatrixkiddo
Dec 1, 2007, 11:44 AM
A racial slur.

Remedy
Dec 1, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-12-01 00:31, pikachief wrote:
u cant say basement or marketUh... yes you can.

Kietrinia
Dec 1, 2007, 11:53 AM
XBox servers are dealing with more/different filters than PC/PS2 players, so your oppression may vary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dragwind
Dec 1, 2007, 12:02 PM
Interesting. These word filters don't really bother me all that much though, just double up one letter or something. It is odd that translation staff lets NPC's slide, haha.

pikachief
Dec 1, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-12-01 08:47, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-12-01 00:31, pikachief wrote:
u cant say basement or marketUh... yes you can.

u cant say it on the cool servers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Turambar
Dec 1, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-12-01 08:41, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Word filters are a nuisance, I couldn't say "spicy" in PSO since "spic" is censored. >_> What the hell is "spic"?

I'll give you a short history on the term "spic". If any one finds this offensive, then please ask a mod to delete it. However it is historically accurate as seen from various documents at the time.

Origins of the term "spic" apparently came from Panama during and after the construction of the Panama Canal and was used by American soldiers stationed in the canal zone. The term was originally "Spanish Nigger", shortened to "Spigger", then "Spig", and finally it's present form of "Spic"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-12-01 10:06 ]</font>

Kylie
Dec 1, 2007, 02:13 PM
ST's censor fails, but I live with it. =/ Still, I wish they'd let us turn it off.