PDA

View Full Version : Whats better for a acrotecher

Banjo
Dec 1, 2007, 10:07 PM
I have a rappy mode and a Te / PP generate witch one would be better for me to use as a newmen acrotecher

Remedy
Dec 1, 2007, 10:10 PM
Generate.

Edit: This opinion assumes that you're playing an AT properly and have Giresta/Reverser Madoogs attached to each of your melee weapons/wands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-12-01 19:11 ]</font>

Randomness
Dec 1, 2007, 10:16 PM
Unless of course the madoog has the attack techs and the wand the healing stuff.

Remedy
Dec 1, 2007, 10:17 PM
Well yeah. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Basically, if you're using pairs of one-handed gear, then you will do well with the Generate, for it will enhance the regeneration of your offhand weapon even further.

(Wands generate PP faster than Madoogs, hence why I put my offensive stuff, which I use more, on them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Banjo
Dec 1, 2007, 10:19 PM
oh ok thanks for help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Miren
Dec 1, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-12-01 19:17, Remedy wrote:

(Wands generate PP faster than Madoogs, hence why I put my offensive stuff, which I use more, on them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Usually more Damage too ^.^

Zorafim
Dec 1, 2007, 11:29 PM
I also suggest investing in a kazooie as well.

Remedy
Dec 1, 2007, 11:30 PM
On 2007-12-01 20:25, Miren wrote:
Usually more Damage too ^.^Correct, as they have a higher TP stat. Giresta 31 is 60 PP, so I like to have that on my Madoogs and regenerating PP while I nuke/whip/Spinning Strike. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadow_Wing
Dec 1, 2007, 11:39 PM
On 2007-12-01 19:10, Remedy wrote:
Generate.

Edit: This opinion assumes that you're playing an AT properly and have Giresta/Reverser Madoogs attached to each of your melee weapons/wands.

Unless of course ur team aren't full of amaturs and require healing in every slot. I do fine with what I have, in more than enough groups. I rather not be munching down on a billion PCs just cause it only heals half my weapon's PP <<.

Anyways, PP recharge is the better choice of the two

Remedy
Dec 1, 2007, 11:46 PM
Use the Charges through the menu and they work just fine.

And it's not a matter of your party being amateurs, it's a matter of doing your job as an AT. "An advanced type specializing in support."

Pillan
Dec 1, 2007, 11:53 PM
Rappy mode is only useful if you're dealing with SEs with low or moderate landing rates (confuse, infection, instant death, stun, or low level versons of everything else). Otherwise, you may as well use the generate.

KyEmo
Dec 1, 2007, 11:56 PM
Generate hands down >.>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 2, 2007, 12:12 AM
On 2007-12-01 20:46, Remedy wrote:
Use the Charges through the menu and they work just fine.

And it's not a matter of your party being amateurs, it's a matter of doing your job as an AT. "An advanced type specializing in support."

When ur in the fray controlling mobs to the party's favor the last thing on ur mind is going though the menu just to recharge one weapon.

Support isn't a clear cut job, I for one especially dislike the way u consider the ideal AT and I'm more than an exceptional AT. I have one wand/madoog combo that houses all my healing spells and another with buffs, the rest of the space is saved for either empty, shadoog (if I ever get around to synthing some lol) or Madoog EQ with debuffs spells.

AT isn't about being specializing in support spells but supporting you entire team with fast heals, mob control and fast buffs. Half the time I do 90% of my things in mid battle, with mobs around me and I don't have the luxury of sitting there going through a slow menu system.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 2, 2007, 12:14 AM
Doubling up post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-01 21:18 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 12:23 AM
Except I do much of the same - crowd control by use of selected Gi- technics for SE spread, use of Nosuzonde to keep enemies pinned to the ground, and the like, Giresta and Reverser on demand, and the like - and I still have time to charge my wands through the menu. It's very rapid if you've done it for long enough, and I only made "the switch" a few days ago - it's already second nature to me.

And if an AT is not their support skills, then why are they the only ones with access to Level 31 S/D/Z/R/J/Z/Z/R/R/G? It is a very large part of the overall AT playset, and an AT who is not timely with Reverser and heals is no AT at all, IMO.

KRKcl17
Dec 2, 2007, 12:48 AM
On 2007-12-01 20:29, Zorafim wrote:
I also suggest investing in a kazooie as well.

Win.

Aviendha
Dec 2, 2007, 01:08 AM
On 2007-12-01 19:16, Randomness wrote:
Unless of course the madoog has the attack techs and the wand the healing stuff.

lol, attack techs on AT. I've been carrying Ramegid on White Beast, but only because its a cool-looking way to open boxes. =P

On Topic: Generate is the best extra unit for any fleshie in any class. And still good for your metal friends to equip while their SUV is charged and not in use.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 2, 2007, 01:31 AM
On 2007-12-01 21:23, Remedy wrote:
Except I do much of the same - crowd control by use of selected Gi- technics for SE spread, use of Nosuzonde to keep enemies pinned to the ground, and the like, Giresta and Reverser on demand, and the like - and I still have time to charge my wands through the menu. It's very rapid if you've done it for long enough, and I only made "the switch" a few days ago - it's already second nature to me.

And if an AT is not their support skills, then why are they the only ones with access to Level 31 S/D/Z/R/J/Z/Z/R/R/G? It is a very large part of the overall AT playset, and an AT who is not timely with Reverser and heals is no AT at all, IMO.

I like the useage of my Giresta/Reverse and Resta/Reverser wand, it has exactly 2 good applications over that of Giresta/Reverser on Madoogs on each off hand. While I switch between the weapons, which takes no time at all specially during the finishings of a PA, I can throw on Resta, then apply giresta, why? Resta is a considerably more faster spell to cast which when it comes down to it is the same speed it takes u to switch to madooog and cast Giresta. Additionally to it's speed it considerably less MP usage overall than that of Giresta

The second reason why I like this setup more is it keeps PCs available to recharge ur weapons, which I use a lot of as is.

The fact is using Madoogs on every offhand with Giresta/Reverser is OVERKILL in the healing department, I rather use offhand madoogs to debuff then switch to a main weapon, over a giresta/reverser set up if I need the use of debuffs

Alrac
Dec 2, 2007, 05:46 AM
oh jebus it's turning into another "tell other people how to play topic" ...christ let people do what they want shat dies fast anyway now that the game is on "easy" mode

oooWaveooo
Dec 2, 2007, 06:31 AM
well this is a community and we should be trying to help other people become better players, with brutal honesty if neccesary.

fact is that giresta isn't a spell you need to use every 20 seconds. reverser may get a little more use now, but it doesn't warrant 6 spots on your palette. 1, maybe 2 slots but that's it. I almost feel the same way about debuffs, but Zalure is the only useful one IMO

oooWaveooo
Dec 2, 2007, 06:32 AM
well this is a community and we should be trying to help other people become better players, with brutal honesty if neccesary.

fact is that giresta isn't a spell you need to use every 20 seconds. reverser may get a little more use now, but it doesn't warrant 6 spots on your palette. 1, maybe 2 slots but that's it. I almost feel the same way about debuffs, but Zalure is the only useful one IMO

oooWaveooo

oooWaveooo

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 06:58 AM
Resta is not "considerably" faster, it is only slightly faster - I have both at 31, and use both when necessary when I dabble as an AT - Resta is the pairing to Regrants when I need Light offensive spells.

My point is that it is better to be overprepared to heal than underprepared. My "Giresta and Reverser on every Madoog" stance really applies to my playstyle as a FT - when I play AT, three out of my six Madoogs are healing. Two are devoted to buffs and debuffs, and my sixth slot houses a pair of Deathmakers.

Kelvie
Dec 2, 2007, 07:33 AM
On 2007-12-01 19:10, Remedy wrote:

This opinion assumes that you're playing an AT properly and have Giresta/Reverser Madoogs attached to each of your melee weapons/wands.

Yestarday it was "imo", but now it is "properly".
What would it be tomorrow ? Taking the names of the Acrotechers who doesn't play like you and warn others not to play with them ?

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 07:36 AM
If I may ask - why are you playing Acrotecher if you do not want to support? That is what I ask myself every time I meet an AT without level 31 buffs or who does not use (Gi)Resta and Reverser in a timely fashion. It irks me that they are not living up to their class's potential.

Gryffin
Dec 2, 2007, 07:45 AM
On 2007-12-02 04:36, Remedy wrote:
If I may ask - why are you playing Acrotecher if you do not want to support? That is what I ask myself every time I meet an AT without level 31 buffs or who does not use (Gi)Resta and Reverser in a timely fashion. It irks me that they are not living up to their class's potential.

Remedy, sorry to appear hostile, I swear I'm not but..
That statement really upsets me. I'm not going to go spend however many hours to get my buffs (Even though I only use shifta and deband) to 31, because for one, Buffs aren't THAT big of a deal, and two, It isn't worth the time to waste doing that when I could be leveling to do my damage or get more TP or weapons to use... :

And as for the Resta/Reverser, I sort of agree with that, I think basically ANY techer should try to heal people when they reach red, or even yellow, but AT's in particular..

But, sometimes I get enthralled in swinging my whip around and lose track of peoples health... so shoot me ><;

Shadow_Wing
Dec 2, 2007, 07:49 AM
On 2007-12-02 03:58, Remedy wrote:
My point is that it is better to be overprepared to heal than underprepared. My "Giresta and Reverser on every Madoog" stance really applies to my playstyle as a FT - when I play AT, three out of my six Madoogs are healing. Two are devoted to buffs and debuffs, and my sixth slot houses a pair of Deathmakers.

Which is the main reason your stance bugs me, the fact you talk as if ATs SHOULD be played like FT which really isn't exactly true. FT is played considerbly more different than that of AT, and the class itself is completely different to that FT.

Yes u can have a similar pallet but that doesn't mean it'll be the exact same for the next person, or the that person will find it as useful as you do. I for one have a completely different pallet configuration and I would have a fairly confident bet that you would consider my pallet as bad based on your responses with anything less than your status quo, but the fact is I make it work and I make it work well.

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 07:51 AM
*megids* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The increase in damage that an AT's Shifta or Retier 31 can provide over the course of a mission is far, far greater than the increase in damage that increasing that AT's PAs by a few levels or their character level a few levels could provide, ESPECIALLY in a 6-person party. Retier 31 increases the damage of my spells by anywhere from 60 to 180 points of damage over Retier 30, and at the rate I cast spells... It adds up. VERY quickly. And that's with piss-poor modifiers like 155% - take a FF with his 200+% skills or an AF's Slicer PA with its 400% modifier on the second phase. Buffs DO matter, and ATs that don't take them seriously depress me, because they're not living up to their potential as Acrotechers.

It's also not that hard to level buffs, especially with the Acrotecher speed bonus, a /Quick unit (and my Me/Quick is always available to my friends to borrow if they need it to level a buff), and Madoogs, leveling buffs is ridiculously fast. I took mine from 28 to 31 in the span of an hour and a half in a full buff party.

Edit: Wren, I would not expect your palette to resemble mine in the slightest, as you are a CAST and I am a Newman. We must play the class vastly differently due to our racial differences. That said, however, the core of the class - its dominance in support - does not change.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-12-02 04:53 ]</font>

Gryffin
Dec 2, 2007, 07:57 AM
:T

I prefer playing to have fun, then playing to be hardcore too though, as I'm sure alot of people do. I mean, sure, I'll play for 12+ hours, but I'm not going to spend X amount of hours of that mashing a button, 'sides, good parties don't need buffs. Sure, things run smoother, but I've been with friends of mine that can tear through Alterznazi in 15 minutes without any buffs, and only 13 minutes with. Not too big a deal, imho.

But whatever, PSU is just opinions, big numbarz, hardxcore, loldropz, spamming, 1337sp34k, speed runs, and soloing anyways.

Kelvie
Dec 2, 2007, 07:58 AM
When did I say that I don't want to support ? I uses support spells. Buffs, debuffs, resta, reverser... I use all that.

What I don't do is being concentrated on support constently.
But yes, it is true that support was not the reason I chose to be an AT. I chose this job because it was the only job to couple the uses of both melee, ranged, and magic attacks, with a nice melee speed-up and a s-rank weapons selections that exactly cover my weapons of choice.
As far as I know, AT is the only job to feature all that, and it makes it an even better job for my play style than Wartecher.
So, if you are really that pissed by peoples not playing the job for the sake of support, blame the Sonic Team for making this job so appealing even outside of the support department.
And it is not like I don't use support anyway, nor do I hate using it.
4 slots of my palettes are half/dedicaced to support. One buffs slot, two resta/reverser slots (I have yet to buy giresta), and one debuffs slot.

And this wasn't my point anyway. My point was "Who the heck are you to judge the way peoples play their job?"

To react on oooWaveooo's post :
I don't see Zalure as the most useful debuff nowadays. Since monsters always die so fast, Zalure doesn't have time to make the difference, and it hardly makes the team gain more than a few seconds per fight.
Until things changes and monsters get eventually back to their "hp tank" selves, I think that it benefit the team a lot more to use Zoldeel and Jellen.