PDA

View Full Version : Twin Claw or Twin Saber?

killers7even
Dec 1, 2007, 10:09 PM
Which one is better? I've tried out twin sabers, and I really think they are good, just a little slow. I've never tried twin claw so I have no clue. Thanks for the help in advance.

(Please don't pick one because one looks cooler than the other, I'm going for power from the weapon and power from the PA's that go with it)

Zorafim
Dec 1, 2007, 10:45 PM
For pure stats? Twin claw, with the second PA. I'm doing around 1k per hit, and 2k at the last hit, for 8k per target. This is done very quickly and safely, as well with a low PP cost.

Plus sabers shouldn't be dual wielded. It's just wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-01 19:46 ]</font>

killers7even
Dec 2, 2007, 03:11 PM
ok the reason I ask this is because fortefighters get s rank in both, and it seems the majority choose claws. Can anyone tell me what makes claws so good?

Miyuki-chan
Dec 2, 2007, 03:28 PM
Twin Claws do a lot more raw damage than Twin Sabers do as far as PAs go.

I use the 3rd PA on my Newearl FF, for a total of around 10.8k to a single enemy, around 20k or higher total on a monster with 2 hit locations. That's not even using the appropriate element weapons either. PA level 37. Against bosses the damage is lower due to melee resistance.

My Rising Crush doesn't even come close to that kind of damage, even with shifta 31+ against ice monsters, even if I manage to land every hit, it still doesn't add up.

Aka
Dec 2, 2007, 03:31 PM
Ever tried plummeling something with JA Assault Crush?

Lamak
Dec 2, 2007, 03:38 PM
Twin Claws are more powerful, but only are very effective with one PA. Twin Sabers are nice stable damage with all the PAs.

Miyuki-chan
Dec 2, 2007, 03:39 PM
I never bought Assault Crush after seeing a friend use it when it came out, the PP cost didn't justify the low hit count or the poor
damage it did back then. I have no idea what it would do now though.

Aka
Dec 2, 2007, 03:46 PM
Assault Crush does have a high PP cost yes, but it's extremely quick to initiate. It's devistating versus a single target and the final hit is good crowd control without an annoying knockback effect. Even before it was buffed in the recent update, it was extremely powerful. With JA now and the damage boost it recieved, it just makes it unfair for the monster on the recieving end.

Oniko
Dec 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
Why choose only one? o.O Twin Claws would probably be more pure damage oriented, I don't have much experience with Assault Crush though, however, Twin Claws can't even compare to Rising Crush's ability to immobilize enemies. I think they are both quite good, with different uses.

Aka
Dec 2, 2007, 04:02 PM
Like all different weapons, it's all situational really and a matter of personal choice. Rising Crush is excellent at keeping mobs off thier feet, Assault Crush can be used to wipe out a lone monster or something you want to kill quickly before taking care of others while Twin Claws can deal good damage for multiple enemies.

Lyrise
Dec 2, 2007, 05:42 PM
For a Fortefighter, Twin Claws would be best. High power, ridiculous regeneration rates, and great damage with PAs that are naturally fast. Same thing goes with a Fighgunner too.

But for an Acrofighter, gotta go with the Twinsabers. Rising crush is very versatile in keeping mobs in check, ESPECIALLY in Electronic Personification, (not mainly for damage, RC is one of those PAs you NEED to keep slow in order to do max damage, i.e. fF or phi), and Cross hurricane's damage potential is unbelievable, but for that potential to be realized, you have to use an acrofighter, as the Cross Shockwave has a huge windup time that AFs can get over, but any other class risks getting knocked out of.

Alia
Dec 2, 2007, 05:42 PM
If you chara is a female, definitely go twin claw. The females get an extra it with the normal attack.

Darkly
Dec 2, 2007, 06:07 PM
assault crush for twin sabers. It is an awesome pa, the best killer! it is perfect against agressive mobs, as it keeps them completely immobilized, vahra for example.

The first two parts of the combo are single target strikes, but they are very fast. It's the final part which is useful. A quick backflip followed by a samurai dash that tears through enemies knocking them all in the air, but not knocking them away so your party can continue the pain. It hits 2 targets 4 times. It does excellent damage, and is a very quick pa, its hard to stop because its so fast and once you successfully knock enemies into the air you can keep them locked in the combo. - perfect for solo and parties assault crush is awesome.

SStrikerR
Dec 2, 2007, 06:24 PM
Both.
twin claw's rezan seiden ga is a great move in mobs and against single enemies. It's fast, powerful, and the last hit of the combo does insane damage, (2k for me using low % dark claws against light monsters!) especially to monsters with multi hit areas.
Rising Crush for twin sabers is also a great move, for the first part I launch the first of the pack up, then wade in easily without getting hit and launch them all up. If you want to, you can use the last part, because it usually kills them, but even if it doesn't it doesn't hurt to run up once in a while, in fact, you might want to launch a few away to make it easier for a bit while they fly and get up. And if you don't want that chance, just don't do the last part.
The damage for it is great. (only level 26 for me) And if you're one-on-one against a multi area monster you'll hit them so many times, and with JA I hit around 500-1k a hit! (i'm level 64, I can't hit THAT much.)

again, use both =D

killers7even
Dec 2, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-12-02 14:42, Alia wrote:
If you chara is a female, definitely go twin claw. The females get an extra it with the normal attack.

females get an extra hit? well I'm a male, does that mean there's no point in me using twin claws then?

Kylie
Dec 2, 2007, 08:19 PM
Twin claw. Look color, more powerful, etc.

The dual saber UPA might change that though.

3nascar3fan3
Dec 2, 2007, 08:47 PM
i would pick sabers based on its mulitple enamies and (pre aoti) the claws only could hit one and that started to drive me crazy but its personal preferrence i suggest getting a cheap version of both and see how you like them

Xaeris
Dec 2, 2007, 08:50 PM
Twin claws have you swimming through the air. Twin sabers have you firing a giant X at the enemy. The choice is clear.

killers7even
Dec 2, 2007, 09:29 PM
someone said that females get an extra attack with twin claws, is this true?

PALRAPPYS
Dec 2, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-12-02 18:29, killers7even wrote:
someone said that females get an extra attack with twin claws, is this true?

Yes but ONLY on the final part on the regular attack, NOT on photon arts, so don't worry about it.

Fried
Dec 3, 2007, 03:15 PM
im not certain, but I believe its the second part of the regular attack making it 1-2-3 insted of 1-1-3.