PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Population Report: 31 white stars tonight!

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 1, 2007, 11:23 PM
That's the most I've seen yet. Usually we get 25 or 26, but there are just that many more people on tonight. Great to see this game is really getting popular.

*=white star, o=clear star

1:01 - *****
1:02 - *****
1:03 - ***o
1:04 - o
1:05 - *
1:06 - o
1:07 - *
1:08 - *
1:09 - o
1:10 - *
1:11 - *
1:12 - o
1:13 - *
1:14 - *
1:15 - *
1:16 - *o
1:17 - *
1:18 - o
1:19 - *
1:20 - *
1:21 - *
1:22 - o
1:23 - *
1:24 - o
1:25 - *
1:26 - *
1:27 - *
1:28 - o
1:29 - *
1:30 - *

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2007-12-01 20:24 ]</font>

ANIMEniac
Dec 1, 2007, 11:52 PM
snap ^_^

chaoskila
Dec 2, 2007, 12:43 AM
too croweded >.>

Abarai-Renji
Dec 2, 2007, 12:44 AM
....tooo...tired.....to play.....tonight.....

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 2, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-12-01 21:43, chaoskila wrote:
too croweded >.>

How so? There are plenty of places to play in solitude. I've been soloing all night.

Gunslinger-08
Dec 2, 2007, 12:45 AM
Some of you should come over to PC/PS2. We could use the action.

scarecrow36
Dec 2, 2007, 01:05 AM
no one cares about other survers ppl only care about the survers there on and if you on that surver you dont need someone telling you on fourms how manny ppl are on the survers you can see wow wut a run on

Mistle22
Dec 2, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-12-01 22:05, scarecrow36 wrote:
no one cares about other survers ppl only care about the survers there on and if you on that surver you dont need someone telling you on fourms how manny ppl are on the survers you can see wow wut a run on

a wat?

DoubleJG
Dec 2, 2007, 01:35 AM
I want a 360 now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif :kicks his lonely PC/PS2 server:

Sekani
Dec 2, 2007, 02:18 AM
I'm so used to everyone crowding onto the first two or three servers that it's really weird seeing everyone so spread out.

EtherForce
Dec 2, 2007, 02:51 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Not fair, when are they going to merge the 360 with pc/ps2? I'm so lonely with an average of 3 stars http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Syl
Dec 2, 2007, 03:18 AM
On 2007-12-01 23:51, EtherForce wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Not fair, when are they going to merge the 360 with pc/ps2? I'm so lonely with an average of 4 stars http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fix'd (lots of players on their own unis too, there's party in every uni http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Who needs 534257 stars when all you need is 6 players for a full party?

Kamica
Dec 2, 2007, 03:31 AM
On 2007-12-02 00:18, SylviaEspada wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Not fair, when are they going to merge the 360 with pc/ps2? I'm so lonely with an average of 4 stars http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fix'd (lots of players on their own unis too, there's party in every uni http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

True. All you need is 6 players - But it is the player shop aspect that is great about having more.

This is why I enjoy playing on the JP servers so much ..I play with the same people everyday but at the same time I benefit from super cheap market prices. The best of both worlds essentially

Fry_Heit
Dec 2, 2007, 09:43 AM
More people also means more chance to find buddies to play the mission you want with. This is the reason why I quitted the PC/PS2 version and switched to the 360 one. And I don't regret anything at all. Really.

Agnostic187
Dec 2, 2007, 09:46 AM
Its nice to see more people playing. However, after 4-5 hours of playing, I usually get pretty bored. But I guess I'm just used to it all by now.

chu-chu-chu
Dec 2, 2007, 10:14 AM
How's this for a reaction:

It's nice to see that a game I enjoy is more popular than it was prior. Hopefully this will lead to better service, communication, and attention for all US players from sega.

Crazy_Hunter
Dec 2, 2007, 10:20 AM
meh, even if PC/PS2 only gets an Average of 4 stars, Thats still more than enough people for me to party with.

Mystil
Dec 2, 2007, 10:45 AM
And still room for more when EU PS2 players get AoI.. if they haven't already quitted by then :/. Thats all anybody does on our servers. One thing thier community has over us, and it's obvious: They have a lot more committed/loyal players.

susaru7
Dec 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
so u guys get to play with the people from europe.

watashiwa
Dec 2, 2007, 11:07 AM
I don't think the population of the PC/PS2 version is bad at all. I always see people around to party with... I don't need a million full universes to make me happy, lol.

The reason the 360 version is so popular, though, is because the average player can find the demo of the game up on Live even without seeing any advertisement of it... which can lead them to buying the full game if they like it...

The PC/PS2 version doesn't really have any sort of advertisement or marketing going for it... so the 360 version is lucky there thanks to Live.

Also, the 360 version has more population because it's based on 3 regions. US, EU, and JP...

I don't care for playing with Japanese players... at all. So a bonus for the PC/PS2 side is that I can always talk to someone in my own language.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(Not to mention I don't have to deal with 360 slowdown etc etc...)

I bought PSU for the 360 at the same time I bought the PC version and almost switched to the 360 when Haxeta was out of control, but I seriously couldn't deal with the decreased performance of the game compared to the PC version...

Wouldn't even consider touching the 360 version again with a 10 foot pole, increased population and all. (Unless ST fixes the slowdown problems...)

pokefiend
Dec 2, 2007, 12:20 PM
Who needs 534257 stars when all you need is 4 players for a full party?

Fix'd! 6 is way too many people. Everything dies way too quickly, and all it amounts to is like 4 less minute runs. Certainly not worth the extra difficulty of gathering exp.

HyperShot-X-
Dec 2, 2007, 12:50 PM

Yup, that's exactly what's been said back when PSU was 1st launched for the isolated server on X360 compared to PS2/PC merged server.

Now the table has been turned completely around, most ppl saw this coming a yr ago, others just didn't wanna believe it'd ever happen for better or worse...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HyperShot-X- on 2007-12-02 09:55 ]</font>

Fry_Heit
Dec 2, 2007, 02:23 PM
It seems to me that most slowdowns on 360 have been fixed with AOTI. I don't know why, but I very seldom encounter slowdowns, even in parties with 6 players. Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know.

Furthermore I played PSU PC since the very day of its release (I quitted a month ago to switch to the 360 version). But I'm French, and thus mostly play at European times with European players... And I can tell you that they aren't many at all. Like 1 or 2 stars in the afternoon.
And anyway, people are likely to spam the most recent mission over and over again, and let aside the old ones, and I got really bored of that. I like to kill some stuff on Moatoob, then on Neudaiz, and then Idunnowhere... But it was just a pain in youknowhere to find people to play with. Or to find people at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fry_Heit on 2007-12-02 11:27 ]</font>

Hokokaru
Dec 2, 2007, 02:29 PM
we're gonna need to start killing babies soon at this rate =/ or tell people that the PC/PS2 ppl are giving away free 12* weapons =P

watashiwa
Dec 2, 2007, 02:49 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with the PC/PS2 population and I don't know why some people think of it as a contest to bring more people to whatever platform, lol.

JUST PLAY WHEREVER YOU'RE PLAYING AND ENJOY IT, dang it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HyperShot-X-
Dec 2, 2007, 03:20 PM
On 2007-12-02 11:49, watashiwa wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with the PC/PS2 population and I don't know why some people think of it as a contest to bring more people to whatever platform, lol.

JUST PLAY WHEREVER YOU'RE PLAYING AND ENJOY IT, dang it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't see how this thread is about popularity contest to shift users from one platform to the other. As the subject says it's just a report to make ppl aware the current server status for any1 who might have interest in. Without informing the community, you would not know what's happening on other servers. There might be ppl who don't need to/want to know it, but at the same time there might be ppl who do need/want to know... :/

Sekani
Dec 2, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-12-02 11:23, Fry_Heit wrote:
It seems to me that most slowdowns on 360 have been fixed with AOTI. I don't know why, but I very seldom encounter slowdowns, even in parties with 6 players. Maybe I'm lucky, I don't know.

The performance issues were fixed... for about a week.

Fry_Heit
Dec 2, 2007, 04:32 PM
What I like with the 360 population is that there are always some people to play whatever mission you want with. The PC/PS2 server are far more selective with its low population. You can't just start the game and team up with ppl for whichever level you want to play. You have to find where the people are and play the missions they are currently playing.
Nevertheless, I've encountered way more nice guys on the PC/PS2 version than on the 360 one. I reckon we all have to admit that this version is filled with m*rons. But that doesn't count when you just want to have a quick game in your favorite mission http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

HyperShot-X-
Dec 2, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-12-02 13:08, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-12-02 11:23, Fry_Heit wrote:

The performance issues were fixed... for about a week.

the only specific problem at this moment i think is that slow down bug in the new mission 'Sacred Stream' the 1st one in Neudaz from Pavillion of Air mission counter which happens to majority of users. It's totally different kind of slow down from the usual ones u get from intense actions like in the mission 'Sakura Blast'. You can easily tell the difference if you ever experienced it. It's best to just avoid that one mission for now and spread words to anyone not aware of it yet.

Other than that, there is no change in AOtI performance which was quite an improvement over the original PSU, not to mention they actually did fix the infamous "Interrupt Request" login error finally.

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 05:07 PM
It's funny how the game slows down to a snails pace whenever those moving ice flames come on screen. Eugh. Why doesn't SEGA just tone down tha graphic for god's sake. It's an obvious contributor to annoying slowmo.

DoubleJG
Dec 2, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-12-02 14:07, Carlo210 wrote:
It's funny how the game slows down to a snails pace whenever those moving ice flames come on screen. Eugh. Why doesn't SEGA just tone down tha graphic for god's sake. It's an obvious contributor to annoying slowmo.

If it were that easy, I'm sure they would've tried something to fix the PS2 version from day 1... since, well, us PS2 users have it the worst http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 05:23 PM
But it makes sense since the ps2 is a 7 year old console. The 360 should be able to handle a simple ice flame graphic no questions asked. So yes, it should be easy to make the 360 handle that kind of effect...

buzyb77
Dec 2, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-12-02 14:23, Carlo210 wrote:
But it makes sense since the ps2 is a 7 year old console. The 360 should be able to handle a simple ice flame graphic no questions asked. So yes, it should be easy to make the 360 handle that kind of effect...

Sigh..I kept Quite on this thread long enough

It is a Coding Problem...It is because the 360 was NOT the Lead platform.If the PC or 360 had benn the lead platform it would Really Show in the work of PSU.

But again we have a instance where the Lead Platform was the PS2..(look at what It came out 1st from and where) and the PC with all it tweakability has the ability for people to "Fix" problems the Coders/Bugtesters(btw they seem to need many on the 360 ,ones that pay them..(btw yes I play the 360 version) a montly fee then wait to Patch them after the game ships.)

I have two Friends that are coders and it is Funny when a game does something Stupid and I hear them tell me in a basic form what the programes at Sega did... it really funny.

Also to add to the funy... has anyone else notice that the breakable trees also cause Lag?

Broodstar1337
Dec 2, 2007, 06:15 PM
Let's not go forgetting the people that make up a Universe with an empty star. I'm sure there's a good star or two to gain from those servers too...

Kylie
Dec 2, 2007, 08:22 PM
o_O I don't think PC / PS2 will ever see that...

Srsly, I'd wet myself if we filled a universe again. >_>;

UltimateCarl
Dec 2, 2007, 08:32 PM
The biggest problem with the low population in the PC/PS2 servers is all of the population left are the dedicated players. I quit last year and came back for the expansion, but 75% of the players are all level 50+, while I'm just starting over, so I basically have to solo for 50 levels before I can join anyone else...

Still, awesome to hear that the 360 servers are doing so well! I wish they'd just merge the stupid things, though. One of my really good friends has a crappy computer and no PS2, but a 360 and a Live account. He'd buy the game, but since we can't play together, well...

buzyb77
Dec 2, 2007, 08:35 PM
well you could get a 360 and play with him...Since your starting overanyway..

BanF
Dec 2, 2007, 10:08 PM
On 2007-12-02 14:40, buzyb77 wrote:

On 2007-12-02 14:23, Carlo210 wrote:

Sigh..I kept Quite on this thread long enough

It is a Coding Problem...It is because the 360 was NOT the Lead platform.If the PC or 360 had benn the lead platform it would Really Show in the work of PSU.

But again we have a instance where the Lead Platform was the PS2..(look at what It came out 1st from and where) and the PC with all it tweakability has the ability for people to "Fix" problems the Coders/Bugtesters(btw they seem to need many on the 360 ,ones that pay them..(btw yes I play the 360 version) a montly fee then wait to Patch them after the game ships.)

I have two Friends that are coders and it is Funny when a game does something Stupid and I hear them tell me in a basic form what the programes at Sega did... it really funny.

Also to add to the funy... has anyone else notice that the breakable trees also cause Lag?

I get the tree framerate drop (lag is a term of network latency, nothing to do with what's being discussed here), but none of the other drops described for the De Ragnus or the new Neudaiz missions. I think, though I have no way to prove it, that it's a kind of memory leak issue that for some reason (I suspect the firmware) only affects some 360s.

As for our increased population, it's nice, but I expect it will drop again once the racer kiddies reach the new level cap.

Polychrome
Dec 3, 2007, 12:03 AM
Actually, one of my jobs is at Gamestop, and there's been a run on 360 copies of PSU, while the PC/PS2 copies continue to remain untouched. I'm starting to wonder if Sega will need to press more copies of the 360 version.

EtherForce
Dec 3, 2007, 03:57 AM
Maybe you're right about the advertisement thing, methinks they should release the game for PS3 and put a demo on the PlayStation Network.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 3, 2007, 04:21 AM
On 2007-12-02 21:03, Polychrome wrote:
Actually, one of my jobs is at Gamestop, and there's been a run on 360 copies of PSU, while the PC/PS2 copies continue to remain untouched. I'm starting to wonder if Sega will need to press more copies of the 360 version.

That's kind of funny. How long has that been going on? Did it pick up after AotI came out? Do you ask them questions?

Soulvayne
Dec 3, 2007, 11:11 AM
On 2007-12-02 13:48, HyperShot-X- wrote:
Other than that, there is no change in AOtI performance which was quite an improvement over the original PSU, not to mention they actually did fix the infamous "Interrupt Request" login error finally.

The interupt request isn't truly fixed you can still get the occasionaly time where it doesn't log you in right away; you'll know your not getting in when there is a long pause at the connection to server message. I'll admit that the connection times are alot better and it seems when you do get that occasional hangup logging in the next try goes right through, but the "Interrupt Request" login error was actually that the Retry option didn't work.

amtalx
Dec 3, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-12-03 08:11, Soulvayne wrote:

The interupt request isn't truly fixed you can still get the occasionaly time where it doesn't log you in right away; you'll know your not getting in when there is a long pause at the connection to server message. I'll admit that the connection times are alot better and it seems when you do get that occasional hangup logging in the next try goes right through, but the "Interrupt Request" login error was actually that the Retry option didn't work.

I only get this problem if I'm connected to Live Messenger. Coincidence? Maybe. It's worked for me so far though.

Kylie
Dec 3, 2007, 12:38 PM
On 2007-12-02 17:32, UltimateCarl wrote:
The biggest problem with the low population in the PC/PS2 servers is all of the population left are the dedicated players. I quit last year and came back for the expansion, but 75% of the players are all level 50+, while I'm just starting over, so I basically have to solo for 50 levels before I can join anyone else...

Yeah, there are disadvantages to having a small community, but I like the privacy, otherwise. Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do if the population was so big on PC / PS2... There's already enough spam and stuff in lobbies. Still, it'd be nice to have a little more people to make finding decent parties easier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2007-12-03 09:39 ]</font>

Soulvayne
Dec 3, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-12-03 08:32, amtalx wrote:

On 2007-12-03 08:11, Soulvayne wrote:

I only get this problem if I'm connected to Live Messenger. Coincidence? Maybe. It's worked for me so far though.

I don't use Live Messenger, I think its actually related to having someone playing on their pc (same network) while I'm trying to play PSU.

susaru7
Dec 3, 2007, 09:23 PM
They (sega) should release psu vanilla on ps3 ,since it a next generation console. i have ps2,ps3and 360. The ps2 never gets played because of the fact that its so old. i guarantee you if they would have release this game of ps3 the population would sky rocketed by now.

Polychrome
Dec 4, 2007, 08:56 PM
On 2007-12-03 01:21, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:

That's kind of funny. How long has that been going on? Did it pick up after AotI came out? Do you ask them questions?

Actually, they ask me questions. But I'd say it's a relatively recent trend. I did have some people shopping around for the game just before the expansion came out as well.

For the record, no customers have even batted an eye at the PS2 or PC versions.