PDA

View Full Version : Favorite element.

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 07:49 PM
So what's your favorite element on your weapons?
Don't forget to take looks, usefulness, and dependability into account.
Looks: Do you like how it looks?
Usefulness: How many enemies of are the opposite element?
Dependability: How many enemies are of the same element?

I'd say Ice is the weakest element simply because there are no fire enemies in sight in AoI. However, blue looks really cool.
Fire is a dependable element now, unlike in PSUv1, but I don't like how it has a red/purple tinge.
Ground has the coolest color since it's a fiery red/orange and it's usefulness depends on where you like to fight as Moatoob has tonnes of ground enemies, but Parum has lightning.
Lightning is bland, in my opinion. It's a boring shade of yellow.
Dark is an ugly color, and it's useless against hive missions, which are important missions. They are pretty dependable everywhere else, however, as dark enemies are scarce.
Light is kind of boring. The white looked refreshing when it came out 9 months ago, but it's just bland in comparison to the more colorful elements.
Neutral is a very dependable element, though it's not very useful and it makes the weapon worth close to nothing when trying to sell it. Also, while green would be a cool color to have on a weapon, since it's the 'basic' color and is an ugly shade of green, it makes the weapon look cheap and boring.

Now, of course many people get a weapon of every element, but this isn't about 'what elements you have', it's about your 'favorite element'.

Try not to take gun Status effects into account. We're talking mainly about melee weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-12-02 17:16 ]</font>

Zael
Dec 2, 2007, 08:02 PM
Fire enemies are still about half the game. Ice is nowhere near weakest.

Kylie
Dec 2, 2007, 08:03 PM
My favorites in terms of looks are light, ice, fire, and dark in that order. For usefulness going by SE... I like the virus SE, freeze, burn, and silence. For the AoI monsters... dark and fire are probably the most useful (ground and lightning next).

HFlowen
Dec 2, 2007, 08:05 PM
I've always liked lightning.

It looks really big and blurry sometimes though. Or that might just be my ps2.

Weeaboolits
Dec 2, 2007, 08:12 PM
Dark and light. ;o

pikachief
Dec 2, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-12-02 17:05, HFlowen wrote:
I've always liked lightning.

It looks really big and blurry sometimes though. Or that might just be my ps2.

no its just big and blurry

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 2, 2007, 08:17 PM
For line shield, I use light since it goes best with my clothes. For dependability, I just use 10% light so that I can take it to dark-filled areas. Screw usefulness; I hate switching equipment every freaking time I go someplace.

For melee weapons, I use light simply because it's the closest thing I can find to solid blades...and I like the look of the color best. Like line shields, I prefer low % so I can take it anywhere.

For ranged weapons, it's more about usefulness...especially since two of my primary weapons (shotgun, grenade) are no longer affected by looks due to Shigga Desta and Gur Bazga. The exception was Grenades before Duranga existed. Being an explosive type of weapon, fire just seemed most appropriate.

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 08:21 PM
With a light shurahiken, the sawblade blade graphic form the PA only lasts for a tiny bit and it doesn't 'fade' into a translucent sawblade like all of the other elements do (as far as I know).
When using a dark or fire shurahiken, the blade lasts for a pretty long distance and fades into a translucent-ish sawblade and gets smaller before it disappears. It just looks 110% cooler.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about here? lol

Sexy_Raine
Dec 2, 2007, 08:28 PM
I almost always the light armor. I can't stand wearing anyeapon g other than light.

Light weapons also look that best to me,

Lamak
Dec 2, 2007, 08:30 PM
Depends on the weapon imo.

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 08:38 PM
So, in your opinion, your favorite element of all depends on the weapon? Doesn't seem to answer the question. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
You don't even have a preference? A favorite color? A favorite planet to fight on that is ruled mainly by a certain element?

I'd say light, but it doesn't get the shiny effect that other elements get; when you walk infront of the weapon, you see your silhouette in white, which gives the illusion that it's a shiny and sharp weapon. Dark does this best, imo.

Dracos
Dec 2, 2007, 08:45 PM
DARK!

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 2, 2007, 08:57 PM
Dark.

Purple is my favourite colour, so slaying purple enemies with purple weapons doing increased damage is icing on the cake.

Armour? Don't have a preference. I love the colour of every weapon/armour except green. ;3

Rashiid
Green Glow ftw!!

pikachief
yea i also put nuteral http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NUTERAL CREA DOUBLES FTW

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-12-02 17:57, pikachief wrote:
yea i also put nuteral http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

NUTERAL CREA DOUBLES FTW

You like Nuteral weapons?
Sorry, but I like my weapons WITH balls.

However, if you meant NEUTRAL... I still like my weapons with balls.

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 09:20 PM
Lightning FTMFW.

Miyuki-chan
Dec 2, 2007, 09:21 PM
Usually dark, because I like purple, and dark bullets give monsters a virus which is just awesome.

I like the Neiclaw's fire a lot, makes the blades look crazy sharp. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I also like lightning on anything that can cause shock effect. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyuki-chan on 2007-12-02 18:23 ]</font>

Carlo210
Dec 2, 2007, 09:44 PM
The neiclaw looks red/purple. I hate how Fire looks on weapons.

tei
Dec 2, 2007, 11:13 PM
Lightning for me.. love the shock status on my guns, and yellow blades are my favourite. ^^ I even like yellow line-shields, the electro heart, and zonde-line techs, but that's going pretty far. xD;; Also love green, I just wish it had some sort of element. Plant Photons ftw? :o

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:13, tei wrote:
the electro heartI thought I was the only one that wanted that!

tei
Dec 2, 2007, 11:31 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:15, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-12-02 20:13, tei wrote:
the electro heartI thought I was the only one that wanted that!

It really needs some more love, it's the nicest aura item from all the ones I've seen offline, I think. =o The others just kinda throw on random things (yay-puyo-rain or yay-flat-as-cardboard-photon-wings), the electro heart actually looks like it's overcharging your line shield and actually WOULD protect you... and the surges actually follow your limbs, which is really nice when holding out handguns and whatnot. Too bad they never released it online, I really thought it was going to follow the blackheart >.<

Noblewine
Dec 3, 2007, 01:36 AM
My favorites are: Ice/Ground/Light and Darkness

Ice is pretty useful when you spam Mad Beast several times.

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 01:39 AM
On 2007-12-02 18:17, Carlo210 wrote:

On 2007-12-02 17:57, pikachief wrote:

NUTERAL CREA DOUBLES FTW

You like Nuteral weapons?
Sorry, but I like my weapons WITH balls.

However, if you meant NEUTRAL... I still like my weapons with balls.

thank u!!! no one ever tells me how to spell it XD my spell check doesnt even tell me how to sepll it D:

my spell check thinks im typing natural XD

Carlo210
Dec 3, 2007, 01:40 AM
On 2007-12-02 22:36, Noblewine wrote:
Ice is pretty useful when you spam Mad Beast several times.

And everyone plays Mad Beast nowadays. o.<
Like I said, use Ice if you wanna play the old parum missions for some reason. Maybe for nostalgia? I dunno.

Eligaz
Dec 3, 2007, 02:17 PM
Mm, I sorta like Lightning since the effect from it is sweet. Just like the neutral green actually. But when it comes down to it Dark probably looks the best. :3

Anduril
Dec 3, 2007, 02:20 PM
I'm an Ice person. A good ice Tech is useful as long as there are no Ice enemies, plus that blue is such a nice relaxing color.

leinhart69
Dec 3, 2007, 02:33 PM
light looks the best imo and is one of the most useful.

DoubleJG
Dec 3, 2007, 02:38 PM
+1 for Ice

My character has a blue theme going on, so I support it. Also because I like the chance of freeze. Light would be my second favorite, but I don't run many Dark infested areas...

amtalx
Dec 3, 2007, 02:44 PM
All around: Fire.
Clutch: Lightning.

Syanaide
Dec 3, 2007, 02:47 PM
Lightning, shock is my favorite bullet effect.

Shiryuu
Dec 3, 2007, 02:49 PM
Ground. Because most likely it'll stun something and it just looks cool.

Ryoki
Dec 3, 2007, 04:36 PM
Fire.
Wow, very few have said fire....

ShineOnline
Dec 3, 2007, 04:45 PM
Pre AoI: Ice and Ground
Post AoI: Fire (voted)
Looks: Light