PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Acrofighter

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:22 PM
Okay, I am going to be able to play online this Thursday. I know Online play is different from offline, but what weapon and race is good for an Acrofighter? I have my Beast as one in Offline mode. Should I just stick with Beast's when I start Online or use a different race?

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:25 PM
Pick whatever race is prettiest, and pick whatever weapon matches with your outfit.

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:25 PM
Lol, you serious?

Chuck_Norris
Dec 2, 2007, 11:26 PM
I'd say either CAST or Beast for Acrofighter.

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:27 PM
Pretty much. The difference is so minor, you may as well go with what looks good.

If you want that extra five damage, though, then beast is technically the best race, and slicers are technically the best weapons. But really, pick whatever you want.
The only thing I'd say is bad is a cast fortetecher and maybe newman fortefighter (newmans shouldn't use heavy weapons anyway). All other race and class combinations are alright.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-02 20:29 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:29 PM
They do? Since when?

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:29 PM
Hmm, well....Time to decide if I want to either A) Nanoblast and own every damn thing I can find or B) Shoot a little laser and hope to god it kills whatever I'm shooting at. Hmm I wonder. Beast it is. Now that gets rid of me being able to dual wield a saber and a gun right? Since Beasts suck so much with guns.

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:31 PM
Well it would just take a while to get the skill up. So race doesnt really matter?

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:33 PM
Not really. Go with whatever you want.

Kerschweiser
Dec 2, 2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe he just sucks with guns personally. That would explain the SUV issues.

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:34 PM
Hmm......Now I cant decide! Hmm...... Someone pick for me!

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 11:35 PM
Female newman AF.

Edit: Specialize in single claws with Shadoogs and twin daggers with the Yoyo Daggers PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remedy on 2007-12-02 20:35 ]</font>

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:36 PM
Meh I think I just decided on male CAST AF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. I remembered that theres more SUV's Online.

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 11:37 PM
ILLUSION > your wimpy SUVs

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:38 PM
Illusion?

Zael
Dec 2, 2007, 11:40 PM
Human Female AF

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 11:40 PM
----> My joke

----> You

*hides in a corner and waits for Zorafim to come back to the topic*

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:42 PM
Hmm......I cant decide between Dagger/shadoog or Claw/shadoog and then Twin claw or twin dagger.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 2, 2007, 11:43 PM
meh, Cast inferiority. They should be serving humans and elves like my inferior cast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zael
Dec 2, 2007, 11:44 PM
CASTs fail at "shadoogs" btw.

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:44 PM
Why bother with illusion when you can just cast Zondial? You know, besides illusion being cooler...

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
I realize that they fail with Shadoogs. So do Beasts. Newman it is!

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 2, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:43, Sexy_Raine wrote:
meh, Cast inferiority. They should be serving humans and elves like my inferior cast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Uhh..so what's more inferior, casts or beasts?

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:44, Zorafim wrote:
Why bother with illusion when you can just cast Zondial? You know, besides illusion being cooler...For the exact reason you said - because it's damn cool. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

God, I actually want to try AF now, but meleeing is so boring.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 2, 2007, 11:49 PM
I prefer human for acrofighter, actually

THE JACKEL

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:49 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:47, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

Uhh..so what's more inferior, casts or beasts?

Beasts obviously. They cant look super awesome xD

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
Funny, I said the same thing about rangering.

By the way, I wouldn't worry about shadoog damage. At all.

Although, Newmen are the best looking at acro classes...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-02 20:50 ]</font>

Remedy
Dec 2, 2007, 11:51 PM
Oh, I agree. Anything but FT = boring as hell.

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:51 PM
Yea I'm not to worried about it. I could up it by rolling Newman but whats the point? Its not suppose to be super godly damage its just a left hand weapon.

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:53 PM
Yea from what I've read about FT it sounds really freakin boring.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 2, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:34, Kerschweiser wrote:
Maybe he just sucks with guns personally. That would explain the SUV issues.

That would seem to explain the use of a shadoog...

Sexy_Raine
Dec 2, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:53, Xen1 wrote:
Yea from what I've read about FT it sounds really freakin boring.

Much more exciting then damn melee could ever be. Sadly I've given in to some that melee when I switched to AT. I lost some of my loyalty to techs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-02 20:58 ]</font>

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:59 PM
I tried the teching thing once, it was alright. I would get bored quickly if I had to stick with it, though. But using it on the side seems fun.

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:59 PM
Yea I made a Newman tonight and Techs are FUUUUUN.

Miyuki-chan
Dec 3, 2007, 12:01 AM
Yep, Ranged Combat Support Machines.

Kerschweiser
Dec 3, 2007, 12:01 AM
Just to clarify, Shadoogs are the RCSMs, right?

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 3, 2007, 12:02 AM
It's all fun. Melee was really boring before AoI, but the new melee system has added quite a bit to it. The cool melee weapons added make it easier to get into too...

Teching's fun and has lots of variety, but seems to require a lot of dedication.

Gunning's pretty much the same way actually. Just easier to do than teching and has a slightly different set of options for attacking.

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2007, 12:06 AM
I remember once, I was spaming triangle while reading PSOW. This lasted a minute and a half.

Man, AoI really fixed the game...

Remedy
Dec 3, 2007, 12:08 AM
The problem is, I still play PSO:BB on "those" servers, and I find myself trying to switch to a different weapon to cast Shifta and Deband over there.

And if I play there too long, I find myself trying to hit 1/2/3/4 to cast Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Retier over here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DraginHikari
Dec 3, 2007, 01:22 AM
As stated before the only place Beasts and Casts lack on AF is Shadoogs since there damage range depends on TP rather then the usual ATP

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 01:37 AM

im sorry my characters dont serve trash "elves"

Carlo210
Dec 3, 2007, 01:43 AM
lol Elves. Go serve an elegantly annoying priestess or prince of some ghey sort and say flambuoyant words while prancing around in tarps and eating cherries from your forest of living berry-bushes you bunch of freaks.

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-12-02 22:43, Carlo210 wrote:
lol Elves. Go serve an elegantly annoying priestess or prince of some ghey sort and say flambuoyant words while prancing around in tarps and eating cherries from your forest of living berry-bushes you bunch of freaks.

all i have to say about newmans is this.

They were only best at FT. Now AT outdid them, and humans are just as good at that class, aloing with wartecher, and cast and beasts being better at every other class.

Newmas=dead

Neith
Dec 3, 2007, 08:08 AM
On 2007-12-02 20:58, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Much more exciting then damn melee could ever be.

(Warning: Opinion may be voiced in post D: )

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than play fT any longer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I find melee far more interesting than teching. If fT had more than oh, 5HP, I'd consider it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif aT is far more fun, and lets me lay down SE AND melee too.

Still prefer aF/fF to anything else, but I played HUnewearl in PSO, so it's not surprising I prefer it.

Ruffnexx
Dec 3, 2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah go with a female or male newman acrofighter they make the best use of the class bonuses. They have plenty of atp and especially tp which makes the shadoog one of the best weapons in the game.

Chaosgyro
Dec 3, 2007, 09:01 AM
I really don't like using attack techs on my WT. I much prefer to debuff and get on with the killin'. If I had rods and didn't need to switch around to different palette slots every few seconds I probably wouldn't mind so much.

AlphaDragoon
Dec 3, 2007, 09:36 AM
I'm a male human Acrofighter...oh my Jeebus it kicks ass. Pretty much crushes the Fighgunner for me, and the Ebrozike (ground element) is one of the best weapons going right now. Stun a whole group of monsters then PA the hell out of them? Sweet.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 3, 2007, 09:36 AM
I actually kind of think that CAST is more inferior to Beast. Especially in Acro-classes, Beast is just a better CAST since they beat CAST in all of the stats important to the Acros. And even then, Humans and Newmans have a better balance of stats needed for the Acros. I kind of see Newmans not only as the Force race, but also as the 2nd most balanced race in the game. Their ATP isn't horrendous, EVP is a good thing to have for melee unless the only thing you ever fight are polties, so they can go outside of FT. But I still think Humans are the best.

Yeah, CASTs and Beasts get so much special treatment, and Sega gets down on their knees to serve them and make things easier for them, but I still prefer Humans.

That said, I think Human might be the best for Acrofighter, although I think Beasts and Newmans can pull it off pretty good too. I block like crazy with my Human, so I'm sure female Newman would be even more EVP-crazy. As for CASTs, well, I'm in the mood for a turkey sandwich, you mind toasting my bread for me?

Kylie
Dec 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-12-02 20:25, Zorafim wrote:
Pick whatever race is prettiest, and pick whatever weapon matches with your outfit.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Now, that's my style!

Anyway, I'd hate to admit it, I used to think FI was better than AF for beasts, but it turns out that AF is better. The stats are just better, speed is very noticeable... Just prepare to take forever going from 10 ---> 11. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Newman's probably the worst at it, but it still wouldn't be difficult to do it on a newman.

Kimil
Dec 3, 2007, 01:36 PM
The best race for Acrofighter is Human.
Follow in this order by....

Beast: Better ATP, but not by a whole lot. Lacks with Shadoogs
Newmans: Better with Shadoogs, worse with everything else. Shadoogs shouldn't be your main ways of attack BTW.
Cast: Better DEF but not by much. Lacks with Shadoogs. Their High ATA means nothing at all in this class, its overkill. AF has the highest Evade for any hunter class. Honestly, Cast is the worst race for this class. =/

cathead
Dec 3, 2007, 02:30 PM
I think AF's are versatile enough that race doesn't really matter all that much. You can adjust your playing style slightly to fit the race and still do just about as good as any other AF. I have a newman AF friend that I group with frequently and our experiences with the class have been pretty similar. The pros and cons are apparent but they generally balance each other out.

I'm sure when you add it all up there are some slight differences in efficiency, but unless you're playing this game with spreadsheets and stopwatches I don't think it's going to make a significant impact on the gameplay.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 3, 2007, 02:48 PM
I agree with Kimil pretty much. Nothing against CAST AFs, but they really don't have much going for them here. You can still have fun w/ it though.

Pengfishh
Dec 3, 2007, 02:48 PM
Boo to this topic continuing like it matters. You all have your characters already picked out, dressed up, and hundreds of hours invested. If you wanna play a class with that particular character, go on and do it.

Appeal > statistics.

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2007, 03:02 PM
You're on an online forum for a videogame whos fans number less than a million. Nothing here matters.

Xtian913
Dec 3, 2007, 03:56 PM
Go with a Beast, they have tattoos.

Tattoos = Hotness.