PDA

View Full Version : PSU(AOI)Offline story mode(Voice Acted?)

Saligun
Dec 2, 2007, 11:44 PM
I just completed a trip through story mode offline and not one character ever said a word aloud,their mouths did move and they had speach bubbles but didn't say anything aloud,do they only talk if you do story mode online?

Rizen
Dec 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
Its a problem that SEGA failed to address before the game is released.

Apparently, PS2 can hear the voices.

JenJen902
Dec 2, 2007, 11:47 PM
Nope.. i love the plot but episode 1 was better because of movies

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:48 PM
They pretty much only talk during cutsceens.

By the way, I don't think Laia's voice fits her at all. They should have got a Latina to do her voice.

"Oyame chica, quedes a luchar?"

Xen1
Dec 2, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yea they do not talk. Sega messed up before releasing it on PC. No voice for us bud.

Saligun
Dec 2, 2007, 11:49 PM
I have the PS2 version and theirs no talking.
When i said no talking i ment not even during cut sences.

Whats funny about this is that the voice actors get credits for their work yet we never get to hear it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saligun on 2007-12-02 20:53 ]</font>

JenJen902
Dec 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
I did not care to do story.. in offline do they hardly have any cutscenes?

Zorafim
Dec 2, 2007, 11:51 PM
I can think of three cutscenes total so far, after doing the Thanks Festa mission. One I may have made up.

JenJen902
I did not care to finish story.. in offline do they hardly have any cutscenes?

YUKI_N
They do not talk in any version of the game, except the japanese one. I guess sega didn't want to spend the money on a game thats a commercial flop, especially when the 360 version wasn't getting the updated offline mode anyways

The voices that are PS2 only are for player characters only, a totally different sega related goof

KyEmo
On 2007-12-02 20:49, Saligun wrote:
I have the PS2 version and theirs no talking.

They mean battle voices. Online !1, !2, !3, etc., Make voices. There isn't any voices when they have chat bubbles.

ShinAnt
Dec 2, 2007, 11:58 PM
Haha I'm playing the ps2 version online right now, And I hear people charecters shout random things all the time. It hilarious to hear a loli yell "GET A LOUD OF THIS!!" while summoning an SUV!

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2007, 12:01 AM
I wish I knew what I was saying. I'm sure Levia sounds terrible, but I'd have no way of hearing it.

ShinAnt
Dec 3, 2007, 12:08 AM
Haha We'll have to party up sometime soon then Levia. I kind of curious now.

Kimil
Dec 3, 2007, 12:23 AM
On 2007-12-02 20:48, Zorafim wrote:
They pretty much only talk during cutsceens.

By the way, I don't think Laia's voice fits her at all. They should have got a Latina to do her voice.

"Oyame chica, quedes a luchar?"

>_>; hmm, I think its fine as it is imo lol

zemog
Dec 3, 2007, 08:42 AM
I'm amazed at how much confusion there is over this... that's a large range of responses to what the true story is behind how Sega chose to proceed.

So the JPN version REALLY has voice? And many believe that the PS2 version did, while PC version didn't? If the PC version had an error before release, it would have been the easiest to patch and would be a non-issue... so I can't see how people believed that.

But to hear that they DID voice the game in JPN and didn't give it to us is a bit of a let down (finished the offline story last night, btw). I would have been quite happy if they would have left the JPN voices in, with the english text that we still have.

Wait a minute... there's a good chance the JPN dialogue is still present on the disk! They could easy patch this and give us the option to enable it, right?? (Come on Sega! Please!!)

Nano-bot
Dec 3, 2007, 05:12 PM
is it true that for ps2 owners, episode 3 chapter 1 is VA? apart from the HAL news reports