PDA

View Full Version : In need of guidance

SepiasSoul
Dec 3, 2007, 01:16 AM
I have been away from PSU for a long while... about 5 months (I never canceled my account). I logged in tonight and I am thinking about starting up again. I have several characters, my highest char is a lvl 71 fighter 10/ gunner 10/ techer 10/ figunner 10/guntecher 10/ fotetecher 10. What have I missed thats big? Were do people go to lvl now? I checked my old haunts and they were vacant. Also, the yellow lettered maps like scortched earth are for the AOI expansion I take it? Is there enough new stuff in the expansion to warrent purchasing it? My biggest question is can you solo easily anymore in both the original and the expansion? I work alot and don't want to have to spend half of my time to find a party. Let me know, and thanks for the help.

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 01:20 AM
everyone uses expansion rooms and expansion weapons, and do expansion levels.

the BIG thing u missed was 1up cup that dropped lots of S ranks and gave lots of exp.

also without the expansion idk if there are anyone u can play with since everyone is at the new expansion lvls.

it has gotten MUCH MUCH better.

tehre are also timed attacks with striking weapons and everyone can do counter attacks.

there are 4 new types of weapons, a ranged one called shadoog, a tech one called a madoog,(both are mags) a whip which is striking, and a slicer which is a very overpowered striking weapon.

theres also much other stuff there is to explain liek the lvl 15 class lvls and lvl 110 character lvls.

theres too much to tell, go buy the expansion! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

also if your on 360 you should have NO PROBLEM AT ALL finding a party! unless u dont have AOI then its very very hard.

they gave everyone a huge boost in stast and timed attacks for hunter types so it is very easy to solo now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-12-02 22:21 ]</font>

3nascar3fan3
Dec 3, 2007, 01:27 AM
well if you are on the 360(like what it says in your sig) then you should probably get the expansion about 98.5% of the people on 360 have it and mostlly everyone hangs out in those new missions/lobbies

also there is not a huge amount of new content but all of the new content that will be released will probably be aoti only so $20 is well worth it

some people will say that it is easy to solo if you want to generally all enemies are easier to kill or the same but i dont think that it is that hard to find a party

Noblewine
Dec 3, 2007, 01:29 AM
Yep and the Meseta droppings were improved alot so you don't have to worry about getting crappy drops when you run really low ranks like C or B.

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-12-02 22:27, 3nascar3fan3 wrote:
well if you are on the 360(like what it says in your sig) then you should probably get the expansion about 98.5% of the people on 360 have it and mostlly everyone hangs out in those new missions/lobbies

also there is not a huge amount of new content but all of the new content that will be released will probably be aoti only so $20 is well worth it

some people will say that it is easy to solo if you want to generally all enemies are easier to kill or the same but i dont think that it is that hard to find a party

it will be hard if they dont have AOI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and they can just download it right now anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Carlo210
Dec 3, 2007, 01:31 AM
The basic shmeel is the same, but it's more fun and rewarding due to drops, larger variety of worthwhile missions, and so forth. The new shop system adds some order to shopping and there's more variety in what stuff people have equipped. They're adding the S rank ranks pretty quickly as to avoid 'waves' of popular weapons. Instead, we'll get them all available relatively quickly and can make the most out of it, which is better.

New missions we have now:
2 missions in a run down city (new city design)
an icey cave mission (cave design)
a cave mission where you fight de ro le (cave design)
two water temple missions where you fight a dragon (temple design)
a couple of AMF base missions (linear line design)
a mission after Kugo hot springs (mizuraki mountain design).

We'll be getting some new missions relatively soon - a mushroom forest mission where you fight rappys and boomas (new skin, but based on neudaiz's forest design). Also, a mission where you fight the Ep.3 boss (hive design).

Also - Forest, Caves, Mines, and Relics missions are going to be released in an event. They aren't copies of the PSO levels, but are tributes and similar in their skin design.

There you go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-12-02 22:34 ]</font>

SepiasSoul
Dec 3, 2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the update everyone. I do have the 360 version. I look on market place last night and saw that it was only $18 for the AOI update so I figured what the heck. So I do have AOI now. I guess I have alot of catching up to do. I did notice the MASSIVE increase in meseta drops. I thought it was just because I had 3 star luck. Is there any real benifits to the PM evolution devices other than the look?

SepiasSoul
Dec 3, 2007, 11:43 AM
Also, I forgot to ask, is there any cheating that I should be aware of on the 360?

Pengfishh
Dec 3, 2007, 11:47 AM
Haw, meseta droppings.

Carlo210
Dec 3, 2007, 11:52 AM
No cheating whatoever.

Syonu
Dec 3, 2007, 03:19 PM
If you want, I could accompany you on some missions to help you get acquainted with the new areas and provide you with any pertinant information. You know....if you want.

My GT is NukeLaser

ThEoRy
Dec 3, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-12-02 22:27, 3nascar3fan3 wrote:

You were serious? What game are you playing? There is most certainly a huge amount of new content now. New weapons from the manufacturers, new weapon types, new missions, new just attack system, Just counter system, PA caps raised, Job class caps raised, new clothing, less slowdown, It's easier to lvl up now, new etc etc etc. I could go on but you get the point. In fact it's like an entirely new game you might say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-12-03 12:36 ]</font>

Epy1221
Dec 3, 2007, 04:08 PM
...jeez i can't wait to get my xbox back...its been a week since i sent it back for repair and still no word. I haven't even gotten to touch the expansion..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SepiasSoul
Dec 3, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-12-03 12:19, Syonu wrote:
If you want, I could accompany you on some missions to help you get acquainted with the new areas and provide you with any pertinant information. You know....if you want.

My GT is NukeLaser

That would be awesome. Besides, I'm always looking for new people to lvl with. I'll send a friend request ASAP. My GT is SexySockMonkies... it's hard to miss.