panzer_unit
Dec 3, 2007, 10:32 AM
Recipe: IRRITATION

Ingredients:
Speed bonus
2-move PA hitting 6 targets w/ knockback
Low ATP really helps rub it in

Directions:
Find some bunched-up targets perfect for maximizing damage with area-effect attacks. Fire off the complete PA to scatter everything before any of your much-stronger teammates can get through their own attacks.

Mystil
Dec 3, 2007, 10:42 AM
'techers revenge for enduring many many majarra knockbacks.

drizzle
Dec 3, 2007, 11:09 AM
TBH. If that group isn't dead by the time Visshi Grudda ends, you're pretty slow. Hehe.

panzer_unit
Dec 3, 2007, 11:14 AM
... so because someone bugged you it's fair game to screw over the team? okaaaay.

I've seen as much Majarra (and every other PA, let's face it they ALL have knockback) spamming as everyone else and I rarely got a case of "OMG WHY IS THERE SUDDENLY NOTHING AROUND HERE TO HIT?!" ... hitting twice as many targets at twice the range makes a huge difference.

EDIT: lol I guess it depends on the group... I've been in teams that don't involve 2-3 guys with slicers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-12-03 08:19 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 3, 2007, 11:38 AM
Y'know what's worse? Regrants. Crippling blindness coupled with blowback.

Broodstar1337
Dec 3, 2007, 11:50 AM
If you're a hunter, you have absolutely no place whatsoever telling us that the whip's knockback pisses you off.

Remedy
Dec 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-12-03 07:42, Mystil wrote:
'techers revenge for enduring many many majarra knockbacks.JUST Majarra? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Robado, the Sword PAs, Rising Crush... I could go on for hours, rofl.

Darkly
Dec 3, 2007, 01:30 PM
it's fine to use knockback when theres a boat load of targets, me using robado knocking back 3 enemies out of 9+ isn't going to make anyone yell at me, tornado break is the same.

Bad fighters use knock back moves small mobs, AT's do low damage but knock back 6 targets, i play a fortefighter but anyone using knockback in the wrong situation really annoys me because i took the time to learn when and where to use pa's you would think other people would do the same. - its the same reason assault crush is awesome.

panzer_unit
Dec 3, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-12-03 08:50, Broodstar1337 wrote:
If you're a hunter, you have absolutely no place whatsoever telling us that the whip's knockback pisses you off.

It doesn't count as knockback if there's nothing left to kill afterward. Besides, if I was goofing off like some kind of rookie, nobody would even notice the AT making a mess of everything.

Everyone's known since the start that spamming knockback screws up overall damage output, and just like since so long ago it's the guys with the newest and shiniest knockback attacks who suddenly think that they're an exception. It was Axes and Grenade Launchers. It was Tornado Dance. It was Regrants. Now it's Vishi Grudda.

Broodstar1337
Dec 3, 2007, 02:06 PM
Oh please. Vishi Grudda is nowhere near as bad as Tornado Dance or Regrants. It takes quite some time to get to the knockback part of Vishi Grudda; enough time for you guys to get your licks.

Uncle_bob
Dec 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
What the guy above me said. And at least whips can land some useful SE's on things too, unlike tornado dance and majara. :|

Chuck_Norris
Dec 3, 2007, 05:14 PM
You Rangers have been doing the same thing with your grenades since you got them. >_>

F-Gattaca
Dec 3, 2007, 05:22 PM
Soooo ... now that all three major schools of combat have their own knockbackathontastic weapons, will we all have to dine on a knuckle sandwich?

I don't use a whip with my AT, Aragan, but (as Chuck Norris knows) I do tend to use a tick of Regrants as a "GTF OFF ME" move.

Mystil
Dec 3, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-12-03 10:04, Remedy wrote:

On 2007-12-03 07:42, Mystil wrote:
'techers revenge for enduring many many majarra knockbacks.JUST Majarra? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Robado, the Sword PAs, Rising Crush... I could go on for hours, rofl.

Yea but, majarra sends things to the next galaxy. Even I'll admit that the knockback range on that thing is unrealistic.

Nyreal
Dec 3, 2007, 07:56 PM
Pfft. I'm an AT who doesn't support. Wanna punch me?

I use whips and increased speed tech casting... Since my GT friend covers support rather nicely.

Broodstar1337
Dec 3, 2007, 11:32 PM
On 2007-12-03 16:56, Nyreal wrote:
Pfft. I'm an AT who doesn't support. Wanna punch me?

I use whips and increased speed tech casting... Since my GT friend covers support rather nicely.

ATs have better support potential. That's why everyone always screams for it.

Nyreal
Dec 4, 2007, 12:50 AM
On 2007-12-03 20:32, Broodstar1337 wrote:

ATs have better support potential. That's why everyone always screams for it.

I don't care so much for support. My main job is a Wartecher, however, and I'm abusing the speed bonus in order to level my technics more expediently.

But honestly, PSU is on easymode, as people say. I don't personally care for nor require support, even as a Fighgunner or Acrofighter. Buffs in this game only go to about 20% (iirc), which is pitiful compared to the buffs in PSO--a game that virtually required level 30 j/z/s/d. My opinion may change when the level cap increases and we're all introduced to S3s and whatnot, but until then, all I personally require from a supporter is that they're proficient with Resta and Reverser.

My opinion, however, is just that. And if my friends ever require another supporting character, then I lend what aid I can with my spells.

thunder-ray
Dec 4, 2007, 05:13 AM
as everybody has heard me said before i really dont give a fuck if you dont do the job of your class as long as your doing something rather then sit there and bullshit while i do all the damage thats fine with me.to note on the whole support thing if u want to support me or not choice is yours im not gonna judge you if u dont buff, heal, and reverse as long as you doing something to help be finish the mission i really could care less if you dont do support. lots of people have their own style of game play its not a requirement to just be all support. besides most players like the idea of a melee force but then again if thats the case you might as well just be a WT.

Raine_Loire
Dec 4, 2007, 06:48 AM
On 2007-12-03 10:36, panzer_unit wrote:
Besides, if I was goofing off like some kind of rookie, nobody would even notice the AT making a mess of everything.

So... you're actually a professional PSU player? Interesting.

Sekani
Dec 4, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-12-04 03:48, Raine_Loire wrote:

Besides, if I was goofing off like some kind of rookie, nobody would even notice the AT making a mess of everything.

How much money do you make going pro? I'm looking for a new job right now anyway.

panzer_unit
Dec 4, 2007, 11:04 AM
On 2007-12-04 07:30, Sekani wrote:

How much money do you make going pro? I'm looking for a new job right now anyway.

Like most self-employment, the pay's peanuts but I get along with the boss. Fortunately I've got something going on the side as a software developer from 9-5 on weekdays.

Raine_Loire
Dec 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-12-04 08:04, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2007-12-04 07:30, Sekani wrote:

Like most self-employment, the pay's peanuts but I get along with the boss. Fortunately I've got something going on the side as a software developer from 9-5 on weekdays.

Ehh- quit your day job and go for broke...

Seriously- if I had to play PSU all day every day... I'd get a lot more sleep (I blame the music).

I'm thinking of going AT if I can raise my ranger to 3, for the speed and better ATP (I solo most missions as a FT with a whip and a tech mag with shifta and resta). But since I wouldn't be able to use rods I wouldn't have much use for support techs. I'm not going to use up my whole palette to buff... I'd probably just use the whip still...

So punch away, but I warn you, I'm electrified.

Weeaboolits
Dec 4, 2007, 09:07 PM
Fly away Naval! To the next galaxy you go!

(knockback can be annoying, I'm still offline, but after getting Ethan's partner card I see why people hate tornado dance so much. *goes to attack an enemy only to have Ethan drag it across the room with his double saber*)

Also, my own knockback annoys me at times, since it forces me to chase my targets back down, as well as making it so they're no longer conveniently packed together. >_>

panzer_unit
Dec 5, 2007, 03:54 PM
On 2007-12-04 15:56, Raine_Loire wrote:
I'm thinking of going AT ... But since I wouldn't be able to use rods I wouldn't have much use for support techs.

... AT with not much use for support techs? What?

(I know that you mean you don't want to fill your entire palette with buffs, debuffs, giresta, reverser... that's 5 palette slots if you don't double up madoog + wand)

If at some point you blow away the 6 volfu that a pair of gunners are lasering for 600 each and a Fortefighter is about to Jabroga for like 50000 damage total... and then your face hurts a little bit... think about that.

Raine_Loire
Dec 7, 2007, 04:06 AM
On 2007-12-05 12:54, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2007-12-04 15:56, Raine_Loire wrote:
I'm thinking of going AT ... But since I wouldn't be able to use rods I wouldn't have much use for support techs.

... AT with not much use for support techs? What?

(I know that you mean you don't want to fill your entire palette with buffs, debuffs, giresta, reverser... that's 5 palette slots if you don't double up madoog + wand)

If at some point you blow away the 6 volfu that a pair of gunners are lasering for 600 each and a Fortefighter is about to Jabroga for like 50000 damage total... and then your face hurts a little bit... think about that.

LOL, if my techs ever did enough damage to blow away enemies, I might reconsider.

Like I said though, I don't party with people, so filling my palette with buffs would be useless. I'd die of old age before my pm and Lumia S ranked a mission.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 7, 2007, 05:40 AM
AT needs buffs to function decently, nuff said lol, solo or in party. Seriously, I can't stand solo without my shifta and my zondeel, and well Retier, and well my Deband, lets face it, buffs make an AT's life easier lol. Well I guess a newm wouldn't need Retier *shrugs*.

Whip is an over-rated AT weapon ect. Shit is Situation junk.

Could rant on about AT, but I don't feel like it.

Chaosgyro
Dec 7, 2007, 07:29 AM
LOL, if my techs ever did enough damage to blow away enemies, I might reconsider.

Not your techs your whip combo. And blow away as in knockback, not dead.

Broodstar1337
Dec 7, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-12-07 02:40, Shadow_Wing wrote:
AT needs buffs to function decently, nuff said lol, solo or in party. Seriously, I can't stand solo without my shifta and my zondeel, and well Retier, and well my Deband, lets face it, buffs make an AT's life easier lol. Well I guess a newm wouldn't need Retier *shrugs*.

Whip is an over-rated AT weapon ect. Shit is Situation junk.

Could rant on about AT, but I don't feel like it.

Everything is situational in this game. I personally don't use the whip unless everyone is crowded around in a tight space (or if I am a complete fucking moron at the time. Shit happens). I usually run around Spinning Striking the shit out of everything in my face. Monsters die faster when you single them out. But even then, SS is merely high damage to a single target with a single hitbox. There are times when I just need something else.

The only thing that isn't situational in this game is fucking Majarra...