PDA

View Full Version : Cast FT & Newman FF

DoubleJG
Dec 3, 2007, 03:09 PM
Basically seen as the worst combinations out there, and ofcourse I've thought of making one of the above for S&Gs, but what I'm wondering is if anyone has had or played with a Cast Fortetecher or Newman Fortefighter? Also, if you have a character with multiple expert classes maxed, don't count them unless you actually PLAY with that class on a regular basis.

Zorafim
Dec 3, 2007, 03:16 PM
I've seen a few newman fortefighter. It shouldn't be expected that that combination is bad. I can attest for the suckitude of cast fortetecher, though...

ThEoRy
Dec 3, 2007, 03:23 PM
Newman fF has pretty good EVA and ATA if I'm not mistaken. Which are great for Just Counter and Axe combos respectively.

White_Mage
Dec 3, 2007, 03:29 PM
my alt is a newman FF >.> hes pretty good

Zael
Dec 3, 2007, 03:49 PM
FF is so good, even Newmans can be good at it.
FT is so bad, CAST Fortetecher is the worst possible expert class/race combo in the game.

Shardio
Dec 3, 2007, 04:12 PM
I've been a Newman FF for about 2 months. I really enjoyed it, and I noticed no such thing as weakness.
Unless you are soloing, the damage difference is too small to be significant. As for Defence, yes Newmans do take the hits hard, and deal with relatively low HP, but! We block 75% of the hits! This can be a turn-off if you're a heavy button masher, because your combos will be interupted alot. However, with Just Counter and Just Attack, you can string on long ends of critical attacks without pause.
As for CAST FT... I wouldn't know. I dislike CASTs so I don't play them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Syl
Dec 3, 2007, 04:35 PM
All a cast FT can do is use support techs (attack tech damage just sucks, a capped out caseal fT will do less damage than a lvl 50 newearl fT) and use cards/bows. You might as well go aT and take advantage of the lvl 40 support along with the higher ATP and wider weapon selection =/

ShinMaruku
Dec 3, 2007, 04:44 PM
Newman with Angora jabroga is insane. XD

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 04:45 PM
newmas=suck

watashiwa
Dec 3, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-12-03 12:49, Zael wrote:
FT is so bad, CAST Fortetecher is the worst possible expert class/race combo in the game.

I don't think FT is bad.. I think it's just fine.

Granted AT has a lot going for it, but FT can still damage things... I don't seem to have any problem playing the game on my FT... once the rod boost comes into play (no one knows just how it will affect them) I can see FT being even more decent.

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-12-03 13:59, watashiwa wrote:

Granted AT has a lot going for it, but FT can still damage things... I don't seem to have any problem playing the game on my FT... once the rod boost comes into play (no one knows just how it will affect them) I can see FT being even more decent.

no i dont like a cast FT coming in and his diga hitting less than 1 of my crossbow bullets! lol

Syl
Dec 3, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-12-03 14:03, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-12-03 13:59, watashiwa wrote:

no i dont like a cast FT coming in and his diga hitting less than 1 of my crossbow bullets! lol

Either that's a cast FT lvl 1 using lvl 1 diga or you're over exaggerating. I used to do +2k crits on a non-elemental rod pre-AoI... I should check it out now lol.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 3, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-12-03 13:45, pikachief wrote:
newmas=suck

RACIST!

burninglink5
Dec 3, 2007, 05:20 PM
I disagree with cast FT only using support techs. I hit over 2000 with diga, and about 2800 with a critical. Granted I am using a psycho wand and a sori / tech charge, but.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

darthplagis
Dec 3, 2007, 05:23 PM
my newman FF is lvl 25 and he rocks!!! ok i dont have that much atp but i do dodge and counter like mohamed ali on speed and can take a barta blast in the face and survive easily.

cast FT on the other hand do suffer greatly from lacking of tech power, though they are still able to deal damage and heal (more so now AOTI is here)

_K1_
Dec 3, 2007, 05:28 PM
I play a Newman FF (I only really started playing techer around the time of 1UP). I mostly play melee classes (FF and AF).

I really think the challenge of playing a Newman FF is overstated, especially in AoI. Any race can use Jabroga, Majarra, and slicers. A high-level FF with good weapons and leveled skills will do great damage no matter what race they are.

MrNomad
Dec 3, 2007, 05:42 PM
fF is a n00b class basically, its just grab the axe and JA your way around the blocks. So easy a caveman can do it. As for fT, most people will tell you just to go Numan, but it really doesnt matter. 300 extra dmg isn't a very huge leap between CAST and Numan fT, and its even less important now with the JA system. Just pick what you want and go with it.

Aviendha
Dec 3, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-12-03 12:09, DoubleJG3288 wrote:
Basically seen as the worst combinations out there, and ofcourse I've thought of making one of the above for S&Gs, but what I'm wondering is if anyone has had or played with a Cast Fortetecher or Newman Fortefighter? Also, if you have a character with multiple expert classes maxed, don't count them unless you actually PLAY with that class on a regular basis.

Since you seem to be seeking the worst possible combination, Cast FT is far worse than Newman FF.

Dragwind
Dec 3, 2007, 05:56 PM
I will say, there is no problem with Newman fF's. They can hold out rather well. CAST fT's however...are a different story.

watashiwa
Dec 3, 2007, 06:02 PM
On 2007-12-03 14:03, pikachief wrote:

I thought the post I quoted was talking about FTs in general and THEN talking about Cast FT combo right after. =P

I was just defending the class. I so agree that Cast FT is made of fail, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2007, 06:04 PM
CAST fT doesn't work out too well compared to their counterparts XD, especially a male CAST lol.

Kion
Dec 3, 2007, 06:12 PM
There's really no way for a class to be really bad. Each class, you can manage to play their stregnths and manage pretty well. The three worst race, play style combinations are cast wartecher, newman fighgunner, and beast acrotecher. In terms of combining stregnths and stats, there's really nothing that strikes me as superior for these. Sure someone can pull it off an be a good player, but it strikes me that they could be playing another class more effectively.

For cast WT, the SUV really doesn't help with the close range play style, and the ATA doens't matter much for a class that only gets A rank and level 20 ranged.
Newman fighgunners get more eva. That's it. Hanging back and using support fire really doesn't appeal when it's really easy to dodge attacks anyways will dualies, and that you won't be doing much damage.
And Acrotecher is a support class. Trying to use it to excell in melee is really seems like a waste of time with a low attack modifier, access to limited one handed weapons and the fact that you're a not able to cast support techs while you're tickling enemies in beast mode.

VanHalen
Dec 3, 2007, 06:28 PM
I have a male Newman FF for my main. Fun guy, you should meet him. Ladies he's single too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

unicorn
Dec 3, 2007, 06:50 PM
AoI killed CAST FT, which was pretty much dying anyway. I was a CAST FT, and it sure as hell wasn't gimped.

But yeah, now its gimped. FT has become strictly an attack techer, which CASTs should stay away from. Yeah, you still get those bows and cards, but GT does that much better, and probably support better too.

I'll still play it from time to time, and if I get a Psycho Wand and a Rikauteri, you won't see me playing AT or GT anytime soon.

Nai_Calus
Dec 3, 2007, 09:52 PM
Kion needs to learn how to play a Fighgunner. Yeah, hanging back and doing support fire on a primarily melee hybrid doesn't appeal to me either, good thing that's not what the class is for! Hurrr. Yeah, you fire your crossbow a few times to tag/see if you can get some SEs going and then you... Wait for it... Melee. Wow. Stunning concept, I know. (Also, lol, twin handguns. Yeah, I use those so much the one bullet I bother having is a whopping L14. Psst. Crossbows. Unless it's flying or several Jarbas at once with not enough people in the party to keep them busy, twin handguns are worthless compared to them, unless you're being a useless sissy and hanging back doing nothing but shooting your damned twin handguns in which case you really need to not be a Fighgunner.)

I do agree though on Newman Fighgunner being one of the most gimped class/race combos in the game, however. See, Newman FF isn't that gimp. The ATP mod helps balance out the lack of ATP, and the ATA helps balance out the low ATA mod, etc etc. Fighgunner though doesn't do that. Newman already has decent ATA, so the ATA mod isn't that big a help. Newman has fucksquat for ATP, the lower ATP mod vs. FF doesn't help as much with that. Nor does FI get axes.

It actually works fairly well though, so eh.

If you want truly utterly gimped, though, then yeah, cast FT oughta do it. If you want gimpy without complete uselessness, I recommend Newman Fighgunner.

I may be slightly biased, though.