PDA

View Full Version : Question for Xbox 360 users!

Rosenkrantz
Dec 3, 2007, 04:42 PM
Ok i play on a playstation 2, and im thinking of switching over to the 360. Is it better over on the 360, how is the population, really just give me a run down u know the pros and cons of psu on 360. And how would i get a copy of psu for xbox 360?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rosenkrantz on 2007-12-03 13:42 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 04:47 PM
i can tell u we have over 21 stars of people on a busy night.

we can usually fill 3 universes on a regular day basis though.

the prices are MUCH lower here.

yesterday i bought a desta for 2.5 mil and a huge cutter for 1 mil.

tonight someones holding a 22% 10* claw for me for 1.3 mil

if u search hard enough u can find diads cheaper than catilium and theres voice chat and all.

just go buy the 360 version at your local gamestore, tehn download AOI for $20 more online.

if u get the game send me a PM i can help u lvl up and give u some weapons and cash to get started ^.^

Midicronica
Dec 3, 2007, 04:48 PM
Population is pretty big, no problem finding a party, voice chat is good, the economy is really really great right now, uh... and some other stuff I can't think of.

Bad stuff? There's a bit of a problem with slowdown going on right now. Apparently it's present for some and other don't see it. A simple, but temporary solution is to reset your Xbox or perform maintenance on your Xbox360 HDD's cache.

There's going to be people who are going to say there are more "idiots" and scammers on this server, but that's only natural since the amount of people on 360 is larger and you see more reports of it from 360 users.

If you decide to switch, then welcome aboard.

Rosenkrantz
Dec 3, 2007, 04:57 PM
thanks pikachief, so i dont have to have a disc or anything just download AoI and im ready to go?

JAFO22000
Dec 3, 2007, 04:59 PM
You must have a PSU disk. Then you have to download the expansion from Live. And get your guardians license from Live.

Telina
Dec 3, 2007, 05:01 PM
you need the game psu v1. no idea of the price, but the AOI download is 1600 microsoft points i think, about 20 bucks. though, on the 360 verson we do have the mech gun glitch. Though i wouldn't worry too much about it, its not too prevelant anymore, i guess people got bored of it lol

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-12-03 13:47, pikachief wrote:

just go buy the 360 version at your local gamestore, tehn download AOI for $20 more online.

yea u need to buy

Rosenkrantz
Dec 3, 2007, 05:09 PM
thanks for the fast answers, ill see what i can do, im so down with the ps2 verison i cant grp with more then 3 people or i have so much lag i cant attack. so hope to see u guys and gals on the 360 very soon =)

Eliash
Dec 3, 2007, 05:12 PM
As people have stated before.

Population: About 2 - 3 Universes full, with AotI there are currently several universes with single stars on them.

Economy: Prices are somewhat high, depending on what you are looking for but I would say it's not hard to make enough money to buy mostly whatever you want (depending on the rarity).

Players: It's true, there's a bunch of spammers/scammers/noobs on the servers, but as Midicronica said most of it is probably proportional to population size but confined within 1-2 universes.

Disk: You need the original PSU disk to play AotI, probably could find it for about $10-$20 at Gamestop if you have one around you.

Suggestions:
- Get a USB Keyboard for typing in messages both in PSU and for Xbox live. Helps with the shop feature also since you don't spend 10 minutes typing "Nanopolymer" using the On Screen keyboard.
- If you do Unsafe Passage C, sell the Pannon Jelly in your shop (when you get one). They make good starting cash.
- Do Forest Infiltration C as soon as you can. Sleep / Resist sells for 3-4 million currently and is dropping every day. Getting lucky during the first few levels could net you enough cash to cruse through the later levels with very good equipment.
- Search for Twin Flour. Bulbs if you are a fighter, they sell for about 100,000 but are always 50% and make very strong starting weapons.
- See me for free B-rank Dark armor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-12-03 14:12 ]</font>

guise709
Dec 3, 2007, 06:57 PM
make the switch although it will suck to have to start form scratch all over again

disneyland
Dec 3, 2007, 07:07 PM
So many users makes me jealous almost

Rosenkrantz
Dec 3, 2007, 07:08 PM
I dont mind starting from scratch, i dont have much on ps2 anyways. i should make the change now before i do have something to miss lol

Shishi-O
Dec 3, 2007, 10:24 PM
not to mention the joys of all day 24/7 random allways available parties

Rosenkrantz
Dec 3, 2007, 11:30 PM
well just thinking of the population difference, that alone is a good enought reason lol.

SomahHawkins
Dec 3, 2007, 11:36 PM
whats the pop for ps2/pc?

Rosenkrantz
Dec 3, 2007, 11:42 PM
well sometimes 4 almost 5 stars when its busy and 2 to 3 stars when its not busy

Rosenkrantz
Dec 4, 2007, 12:37 AM
ok here is another question-----i was reading some reviews on the xbox 360 on some websites (gamestop, ebgames) and some say the the systems life span is just a few hours and then some say maybe a month and then some say the console scratches the disc. I would like some feedback from some xboox 360 owners, how is the system? the reason i ask is i just dont want to waste my money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rosenkrantz on 2007-12-03 21:37 ]</font>

R2R_Crysaki
Dec 4, 2007, 12:46 AM
well...i've nvr had a prob for the past year

Raine_Loire
Dec 4, 2007, 09:16 AM
I made the switch earlier this year, Laguna and I both switched, for 2 reasons- #1, graphics on 360 are better than ps2 and #2 voice chat.

It is so much easier to get through timed missions (Bruce's or HSM for example) when you can talk on a mic rather than type!

Umm, I've had my Xbox since March, so 6 months, and I haven't had any problems- Laguna's is with MS right now for repairs, his scanner chip was fried- we had a few problems with the warranty because the store we got it from auto registered it when THEY got it in, and we had to send a bank statement with a canceled check to show when we bought it (I think the customer service with Nintendo is way better). Even if something DOES happen to your xbox, they have repairs down pat... my mom had to mail our xbox in because we don't have a US address, and the guy at the UPS store said it was the 4th that day! So I'm not going to lie, they do have their problems, but I don't think it's a GUARANTEED thing...

My console DID scratch my disk a little, but I started taking it out when I wasn't playing (I normally just turned the 360 off) and I haven't had problems since.

The slowdown on ps2 is worse than 360, and there ARE more people- mostly alright people... there are a fair number of annoying people or spammers, but there were quite a few on ps2 as well- and it's better than the demo!

Honestly, I love my 360, and not just for PSU. I have a hard time playing games on my ps2 now because it seems pointless without achievements!

Rashiid
Dec 4, 2007, 09:20 AM
My 360 did die not too long ago (old one), but that was from having it for about 2 years.
Extended warrenty got me a new one the same day.
Even if that happens, your data is still there for PSU when you upload your Gamertag again.
Much easier to contact people via Xbox Live too.

Xtian913
Dec 4, 2007, 09:29 AM
Also, as far as the disc scratching thing, it seems to have something mostly due to having the 360 in the upfront standing position. Any small vibrations or movements to the system can cause the disc to move out of its rotation, thus cause it to get scratched. My brother-in-law had his PSU disc for a year, in perfect condition, then he decided to put his 360 in the upright position when he got a new entertainment system and within a few days his disc was scratched to hell and back. Not sure if this applies to all the scratched disc issues, but sounds likely, as I've had my 360 laying down since Day 1 and have no disc scratches issues at all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Welcome to 360 if you decide to join. ^_^

shotsfired
Dec 4, 2007, 09:38 AM
honestly, if you can afford the change, why wouldn't you make it? 360 is a much better system. and the cool thing is, i am sure alot of us here will help you get going. I have some pretty decent gunner weps if you need.