PDA

View Full Version : the bigger picture

Pentence
Dec 3, 2007, 06:01 PM
Ok i have played almost all the classes and have tried dozens of combinations of race gender and class.I think for the most part all the classes are pretty good for their respective roles.The new acro types seems a bit up there but of course thus far sega has done justice with its updates and little tweaks.So i assume in the end they will be balanced out in one way or another.

So the question here is who looks at the broader spectrum?All i hear about is dps this and that.I thought this game was built on a team ideal?One person dps others heal/buff and still others pushback and keep enemys frozen/confused etc.

I hear oh FT cast suck at dps.Ok well i was with a FT cast male and he was dishing out push back with a bow.At the same time he was so on top of healing and buffing i was like wow better than any neuman FT i ran into.Not to mention the status effects were keeping the eneimes literaly running in circles.

Neuman FF i met a few who could block almost all atack from enemys and counter with axes all the time.Sure when they got hit i had to heal a bit but hey i dont mind.Also with that awsome acuracy they were hiting creatures you never see geting hit with massive melle damage.Swarms stood no chance against a neuman and his blade.

There are others for sure that deserve their due but i will not list them all here.I just decided to use the two most common "weak" class race combos as examples.

I think people simply dont take into account the other asspects of this game like we used to.It is all about the dps however i belive in team functionality.So who else here belives we have stoped seeing the bigger picture everynow and again?

pikachief
Dec 3, 2007, 06:04 PM
one thing i have to say is that....

a guntecher could've done what u did with your bow and buffs/heals but a guntecher would've been stronger

Pentence
Dec 3, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-12-03 15:04, pikachief wrote:
one thing i have to say is that....

a guntecher could've done what u did with your bow and buffs/heals but a guntecher would've been stronger

These characters were not my own mind you.I have tried many combos yes to see what is good and bad about them.However i have never had the time to truly play them all out.

These examples are of people who have mastered IMO their race/class comb.Also both examples were run into a bit before the AoI so the guntecher point is a bit moot.However your correct guntecher is a build for that sort of thing,by now he may have switched but i do not know..

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
As a CAST AT, a class that seems to be dominated with Newms, I can say I hold my own in my own unique way however as a CAST fT who uses bow, I rather be a Guntecher with their usage of support spells and larger range of weapons.

fT is 80% tech damage, something we male CASTs don't have a lot of with out lack of TP compared to the other races. Not saying it'll be a bad player overall if one were to choose that combination but the fact that we have such a huge handicap to begin with doesn't really make it very pleasing choice of class.

Pengfishh
Dec 3, 2007, 06:23 PM
I have been kicking around the idea of subbing Wartecher for my Cast, who is currently an Acrofighter. Seems like support + kicking asses is what Wartecher is all about, and Cast would be ideal at that.

Anyone to back up this claim?

Pentence
Dec 3, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-12-03 15:23, Pengfishh wrote:
I have been kicking around the idea of subbing Wartecher for my Cast, who is currently an Acrofighter. Seems like support + kicking asses is what Wartecher is all about, and Cast would be ideal at that.

Anyone to back up this claim?

Thats about right Wt is suposed to be the true half half combination of fighting and tech.I Use Wt beast as my main and it works very well.Only instead of useing twin weaponsm,like me, use bigger weapons and singles since your acuracy is higher they will hit more often.Also focuse on the AOE techs for maxamizing damage output.Being a beast or cast WT has the adv of you being a brick shyt house so get in there and use it.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 3, 2007, 06:47 PM
Unsure, being that AT is sorta similar in idea to WT I can see a CAST WT doing pretty well. I know as a CAST AT, I'm pretty effective with this class / race combination (I'd even debate it being one of the better choices for the class to choose)

guise709
Dec 3, 2007, 07:03 PM
yeah its not the race or class that matters its the player i mean when i used to play with random party id always run into Forte Techers who sucked at their job they were all attacking and not using their buffs except when the match first started I mean seriously. Im a Guntecher and the best damn one there is (no offense just making a point) I crowd control with my Mayalee prism buff and of course keep em back with my crossbow all at the same time.

9lotus
Dec 3, 2007, 07:37 PM
casts are only bad when you want to use offensive magic, and for all of the hybrid tech classes (GT, AT, WT), you can do great with just melee/range + support techs. I'd say FT is the only truly bad class choice for casts.

Miyoko
Dec 3, 2007, 09:14 PM
The reason that the game is all about DPS DPS DPS, is because DPS is the only thing that's rewarded. If you deal more DPS than others, then you get bonus experience. Seriously, what's my motivation to play support, and not deal DPS? If I do that, I get less experience than everyone else, and nobody thanks me anyways. So, I play support to pat myself on the back, and go unnoticed, and unthanked by others? That's a pretty stupid reason to do such a role, if you ask me.

I swear, if Sega was smart enough to get rid of the utterly retarded EXP bonus for killing blows, you'd see A LOT less people complaining about DPS.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 3, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-12-03 15:23, Pengfishh wrote:
Seems like support + kicking asses is what Wartecher is all about, and Cast would be ideal at that.No, that's Acrotecher.

Wartecher is weak Fortefighter with support that is only useful for solo.

Pentence
Dec 3, 2007, 10:48 PM
On 2007-12-03 18:14, Miyoko wrote:
The reason that the game is all about DPS DPS DPS, is because DPS is the only thing that's rewarded. If you deal more DPS than others, then you get bonus experience. Seriously, what's my motivation to play support, and not deal DPS? If I do that, I get less experience than everyone else, and nobody thanks me anyways. So, I play support to pat myself on the back, and go unnoticed, and unthanked by others? That's a pretty stupid reason to do such a role, if you ask me.

I swear, if Sega was smart enough to get rid of the utterly retarded EXP bonus for killing blows, you'd see A LOT less people complaining about DPS.

The irony here is that thats my exact point.This is about DPS because people make it about it.Thats what i am trying to adress.This line of thinking.I have no trouble leveling if i get my hits in. I have no problem not being thanked i dont rely on others opinions to situate myself.