PDA

View Full Version : Agility or Power beast badge?

Benegesserit
Dec 3, 2007, 06:42 PM
Is there an advantage agility badge has over the power badge? Can you do more damage against a single target with the quickness one? Or should I go defense so I can attack w/o flinching?

Chuck_Norris
Dec 3, 2007, 06:44 PM
The Speed Nano has more of a chance of hitting the enemy, and having enemies doing 0's to you. But you don't really miss that much at all. And as long as you have someone to heal you, you won't need the EVP.

Mutt12
Dec 3, 2007, 06:47 PM
I have the power one on my beast. I love tearing through crowds of monsters with uber kitty.

Pentence
Dec 3, 2007, 06:55 PM
It depends i use def becouse i can dish out decent atack against a boss and not hardly get touched.However if your not worried about takeing damage go with atack.Lastly the fast one only increases your acuracy and ability to dodge so if thats what ya need go for it.

Nyreal
Dec 3, 2007, 06:55 PM
O_o;

Beast badges? What?

Mystil
Dec 3, 2007, 06:56 PM
It isn't "agility". All it does it turn you into an evading maniac. Might be useful for just countering. Other than defense.. there's no reason to not use power. Your basic attacks in normal form will out damage the other nano's attacks. Beast = Power, so you want power.

JAFO22000
Dec 3, 2007, 06:57 PM
The agility badge is really viewed as being the worst one. It does not speed you up. All it does is give a larger increase to your ATA and EVP. But you don't want EVP as a beast as....waitaminute!

With Just Counters, this beast may be able to put up some pretty decent numbers....I should check it out later! I have difficulties Just Attacking with my Defense beast (I can only get one or two per use, never in a chain!), but perhaps Just Countering would be easier...interesting.

Oh, to the OP, sorry about that. But, uh, yeah, to answer your question, get the Power badge (increased ATP) if you have someone reliable to heal you, otherwise get Invunerability (doesn't last as long as the three others, but you are invunerable during the blast) or Defense (increased DFP and MS (I think)).

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 3, 2007, 06:57 PM
Nice handle.

In my experience, blocking four out of five attacks (not to mention none of those pesky 0s to which the Beast is prone) while unable to heal yourself makes Zeed Val handy for the soloist.

Dragwind
Dec 3, 2007, 07:05 PM
I use the power one, ftw. If you're with a party that has someone who knows how to use resta/star atomizer, it's perfect. If you're soloing, I'd possibly use agility.

Sgt_Shligger
Dec 3, 2007, 08:12 PM
Aren't they like armor slots anyways, meaning you can have both on you and just switch when your meter fills?

Mystic_Nessly
Dec 3, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-12-03 17:12, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
Aren't they like armor slots anyways, meaning you can have both on you and just switch when your meter fills?

Nope, unfortunately every time you want to change beast badges, you gotta go to the tatoo parlor (makeover shop).

Benegesserit
Dec 4, 2007, 11:17 AM
If I'm in a group, I'd likely be power, simply because I have more distractions for the enemies to damage as I switch targets for the hurt. I really like the PA in NB power because lots of mobs can't get up and stay up. When I have multiple large enemies I just PA switch target PA switch target PA, and it really helps minimize the interrupts the rest of my team faces, which improves team damage overall.

But soloing I find myself having to scape if the mobs aren't clumped up enough.

I'm very dissapointed to hear that the agi badge (that's what I call it, anyway) doesn't inc your attack speed. It is possible for a very skilled player to JC a lot with all the blocks, but I wonder if there is a hidden cooldown. With the power badge, the mob isn't attacking me anyway (they are on the ground).

I'm seriously considering the invincibility badge. I really don't believe that the extra 15 seconds with the DEF badge makes up for taking no damage at all vs a bonus to damage mitigation. Not to mention crazy crap like Megid.

Krupp
Dec 4, 2007, 11:26 AM
I used to have the agility one till I got tired of being interrupted when I blocked all the time. I usually solo so I use the invincibility blast now. Great for tough situations and its perfect for fighting fakis.. especially when he uses that meteor move. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifb

addictedtopsu
Dec 4, 2007, 11:32 AM
i used to use the power badge for my beast ive never used the agility so i cant really tell you which is better or whatever but i use the invincibility badge now. ya the invicibility one last the shortest time out of all of the badges but i think its worth it since you dont take any damage for the time its activated but i didnt switch from power to invincibility untill i was like lvl 50-60 i think becuase i didnt think id kill as much seed people as i did with the power badge but now i dont really use my beast transformation thing since all of my weapons are all s-rank and im max lvl on offline mode i cant play network mode yet.

Benegesserit
Dec 4, 2007, 11:35 AM
for invc, even though you take 0 damage, do you flinch? or can you just combo to your hearts content w/o getting interrupted? I wish the form let me continue to use my weapons, since I'd love to go nuts with my twin claws w/o fear of retaliation

Nuclearranger
Dec 4, 2007, 11:36 AM
On 2007-12-03 15:55, Nyreal wrote:
O_o;

Beast badges? What?

Depending on what badge* or.. tatoo* you have on makes you change colors.

IE -Red=power beast badge

addictedtopsu
Dec 4, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-12-04 08:35, Benegesserit wrote:
for invc, even though you take 0 damage, do you flinch? or can you just combo to your hearts content w/o getting interrupted? I wish the form let me continue to use my weapons, since I'd love to go nuts with my twin claws w/o fear of retaliation

i dont think you flinch since you dont have to block or take any damage and you can just combo all you want untill the transformation wares off im not really sure though i havent played in a couple months my brother cut my cords on my ps2 and he just bought me new ones a couple days ago i can check though and get back to you

darkante
Dec 4, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-12-04 08:35, Benegesserit wrote:

No flinch.
Itīs like you are air.
Then you get the idea of how useful it is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Although, i donīt use my beast character anymore. XD

sange
Dec 4, 2007, 03:37 PM
I prefer the Yellow blast badge (eva + acc) on my beast since i am an acrofighter. Honestly i find it pretty neat how i can just rush into a room in White Beast S and just block everything that comes my way. In certian places, It's almost like having the invicible blast badge but for a longer time.

It really depends on what class you are though, the majority say the power nano is the best one especially for fortefighters.

Benegesserit
Dec 4, 2007, 03:52 PM
Well I'm FF since I'm twin claw (only S class) but I really hate the slow aoe explosion. I find myself doing a two-hit, then pausing long enough before I tap attack again so she doesn't go into the flip animation. Against huge mobs it's money, since the knockdown makes it so much easier to take em out. Usually I knockdown, 2-hit, repeat. But I think that my beast forms end up losing about 10-15 seconds anyway just walking to the new area, plus 50 seconds is a really long time to not be able to use any items.

Anduril
Dec 4, 2007, 03:55 PM
For my Beast I use Power oe Defense when Partying (Hoping that some kind Techer will heal me as I run head first at the boss to get as many damage points as I can), but when Soloing I just use Invincibility. Not a big fam of Agility, seeing as I've never eally cared for blocking.

Ryoki
Dec 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
I use Zeed because my hair is blonde.

That's it.

I find Nano-blasting to being quite boring and worthless. I have no ranged capabilities, I can't heal, and when it's over, I have to wait for the animation to finish.

And I say this after playing almost exclusively as a beast.

Honestly, I'de say the invincibility one is the best, since all of the other three still cause you to take damage.

I've never missed an attack with Zeed though...I didn't think you could for a long time XD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-12-04 13:01 ]</font>

Otis_Kat
Dec 4, 2007, 04:02 PM
Forget both of them. Next week we finally get the black beast with dual axes blast badge.

Ryoki
Dec 4, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-12-04 13:02, Otis_Kat wrote:
Forget both of them. Next week we finally get the black beast with dual axes blast badge.

Yush!

Jaspaller
Dec 4, 2007, 04:05 PM
BLACK BEASTUUUUUUU with the Dual Axuuuuuu

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 4, 2007, 04:44 PM
Adaka Val is the only one worth using. If you are playing with retards who don't heal you, then stop playing with retards.