PDA

View Full Version : Sega and PSU really piss me off.

D1ABOLIK
Dec 3, 2007, 09:38 PM
So many things about PSU piss me off.The whole synthing systems need to go down the toilet.As does P machinery.Server side saves blow.As soon as the server goes down,thousands of hours for nothing.But the thing that really pisses me off is offline mode.I love offline mode and prefer it over online (because my characters are saved on my HD).But i always hated that in offline we dont get mission difficulties like C through S.If im level 15 than Ragan is level 20-than i come back at level 100-He is still level 20.Makes for no replay value whatsoever.So the expansion comes out.360 players get the shaft.No offline updates.The thing i was looking most forward to.PS2/PC servers get the varied mission difficulties offline,new missions,new clothes,higher level cap,rare enemies,new weapons,etc,etc.360 get nada.F U sega.

________
Toyota Canada Inc. (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Canada_Inc.)

F-Gattaca
Dec 3, 2007, 11:31 PM
On 2007-12-03 20:04, D1ABOLIK wrote:

On 2007-12-03 19:48, Typheros wrote:
Go run your own game company.

I will hire a trained chimp.Together we could easily make a game better than PSU.

On 2007-09-06 23:19, D1ABOLIK wrote:
So what.Why is everyone so quick to point out Segas flaws.Even if there was no warning its thursday and you know its coming.If it wasnt they would of told you.

Since this came from someone who was quick to jump all over me (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=153509&forum=20) a few months ago, I find this thread absolutely hilarious.

thunder-ray
Dec 4, 2007, 01:43 AM
ill put this plain and simple if you dont like the game then quit.

Nyreal
Dec 4, 2007, 01:50 AM
You're forgetting that they completely forgot voices for the PC version.

But hey... If it bothers you, don't give them your money.

Umberger
Dec 4, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-12-03 18:38, D1ABOLIK wrote:
360 players get the shaft.No offline updates.

If you want to be nitpicky, offline mode does have Just Attack/Counter.

Raine_Loire
Dec 4, 2007, 05:04 AM
So many things about PSU piss me off.The whole synthing systems need to go down the toilet.As does P machinery.Server side saves blow.As soon as the server goes down,thousands of hours for nothing.But the thing that really pisses me off is offline mode.I love offline mode and prefer it over online (because my characters are saved on my HD).But i always hated that in offline we dont get mission difficulties like C through S.If im level 15 than Ragan is level 20-than i come back at level 100-He is still level 20.Makes for no replay value whatsoever.So the expansion comes out.360 players get the shaft.No offline updates.The thing i was looking most forward to.PS2/PC servers get the varied mission difficulties offline,new missions,new clothes,higher level cap,rare enemies,new weapons,etc,etc.360 get nada.F U sega.

Server side saves are to help prevent hacking. I've heard the only people who really give a crap about it are hackers. Who would actually prefer offline to online because your character is saved on the server for online?

amtalx
Dec 4, 2007, 10:47 AM
On 2007-12-04 02:04, Raine_Loire wrote:

Server side saves are to help prevent hacking. I've heard the only people who really give a crap about it are hackers. Who would actually prefer offline to online because your character is saved on the server for online?

I see his point about being left with nothing after the servers go down. I don't see them going down for a while though. But honestly, I would gladly trade keeping my own saves for the security of server-side saves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2007-12-04 07:50 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Dec 4, 2007, 04:11 PM
That's one of my bitches about PSU, actually. GC PSO? Yeah, servers are long gone, but those characters I spent thousands of hours raising are still there safely on my memory card. PSU? Gone as soon as the servers go.

Mwabwetumba
Dec 4, 2007, 04:36 PM
"Nothing lasts forever."

F-Gattaca
Dec 4, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-12-04 13:11, Ian-KunX wrote:
That's one of my bitches about PSU, actually. GC PSO? Yeah, servers are long gone, but those characters I spent thousands of hours raising are still there safely on my memory card. PSU? Gone as soon as the servers go.

I sort of like it this way. PSU/AotI have different rulesets for offline play compared to online, and I get four separate characters to mess around with whenever I'm not able to play Network Mode.

Oh, and to actually respond to what I can make out of Diablo's long-winded FUST rant, from my poking at AotI Offline, it APPEARS that the game takes more after Vanilla PSU's Network mode now.

That is, you can run the same missions (and rank difficulties) of (most?) Vanilla PSU missions. I don't think they're all there, but I WAS running Fight For Food C and B.

Oh, and a lot more equipment and clothes are available in AotI offline mode anyway, and apparently more become available as you progress in the story. It's a lot less gimped than Vanilla PSU's Extra Mode was.

Sinue_v2
Dec 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
Since this came from someone who was quick to jump all over me a few months ago, I find this thread absolutely hilarious.

Wow, way to hold a grudge over some menial comments made three months ago over the interbutt.

As far as server-side saves, it would have been nice if Sonic Team had allowed a character download option with absolutely no way to re-upload character data. Progress you made with a downloaded character offline could not, in any way, transfer to online mode - nor could online progress effect your downloaded character unless you decide to redownload the character, at which point any previous progress you'd made with that character offline would be overwritten with the online character data. The problem being, they would have to make online and offline mode intercompatable with each other so that your online character data can function offline as they would online. This is a problem, because online is team oriented and offline mode is solo-oriented. Stats change, jobs are more vercitile offline, etc. Perhaps they'll impliment some sort of function like that eventually in a final, final expansion - but right now it doesn't make much sense to do so, nor would it be feasible with the current differences in online and offline mode.

F-Gattaca
Dec 4, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-12-04 16:24, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Since this came from someone who was quick to jump all over me a few months ago, I find this thread absolutely hilarious.

Wow, way to hold a grudge over some menial comments made three months ago over the interbutt.

Nah, it's more like "way for Sinue_v2 to read more vitrol into a statement than there actually is."

Since you didn't pick up on it in one sentence, I'll expand on what should have been obvious: I just happened to remember the past thread when I saw Diablo ranting and raving here--and as you can see, some of his additional rants were deleted by the mods. Amused by the massive change in his attitude towards Sega/Sonic Team, I decided to point it out.

Downloading Network characters for Offline play might be nice, but it'd be somewhat of a bother. With the way AotI has moved towards a "Offline version of Vanilla PSU Network mode," however, perhaps a future expansion of PSU will make it possible. They just might throw out the original offline ruleset entirely, who knows.